Kevin Thomson

Rudy T

Did he say words to the effect of he "wanted the biggest job in Scotland, and because it can't be Celtic, it is therefore rangers". That seems to imply he thinks Celtic is a better job.

By saying as much he's also just alienated himself from every other decent club in Scotland :)

Typical naive, arrogant young manager thinking he's going to be a world-beater.

Edited by Hearts_fan

He is quite open about wanting the Rangers job in the future and what's his target What is good seeing young Scottish managers showing ambition and having a target. The guy is employed by Kelty Hearts don't know what sort of relationship he has with them but he is quite open about speaking about other jobs. He was in the paper yesterday saying he applied for the Kilmarnock job and was pipped by Derek and got really good feedback. Kelty are part time and they must know  more or less know he will go soon but I find it myself a bit disrespectful he kept saying go to a bigger club.  

He will need to stop his duties to Rangers on the radio or Rangers TV if he gets a "Bigger" job in full time football. 

One of my mates is a Rangers season ticket holder said he will go far in football and will be a future Rangers manager 😂 

Naisys Tackle

I always like him a lot more than Brown and thought he was a better player.   Seems up himself big time though and all these interviews and chats are very disrespectful to his employers. 

3 hours ago, Stu_HMFC said:

He is quite open about wanting the Rangers job in the future and what's his target What is good seeing young Scottish managers showing ambition and having a target. The guy is employed by Kelty Hearts don't know what sort of relationship he has with them but he is quite open about speaking about other jobs. He was in the paper yesterday saying he applied for the Kilmarnock job and was pipped by Derek and got really good feedback. Kelty are part time and they must know  more or less know he will go soon but I find it myself a bit disrespectful he kept saying go to a bigger club.  

He will need to stop his duties to Rangers on the radio or Rangers TV if he gets a "Bigger" job in full time football. 

One of my mates is a Rangers season ticket holder said he will go far in football and will be a future Rangers manager 😂 

Thomson not say something about crawling along the M8 on broken glass to play for rangers ?

9 minutes ago, john thomas said:

Thomson not say something about crawling along the M8 on broken glass to play for rangers ?

Told Simon Ferry on his podcast his dream was to play for Hibs as a kid. And now his dream is to manage Rangers 😂

15 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Told Simon Ferry on his podcast his dream was to play for Hibs as a kid. And now his dream is to manage Rangers 😂

Ok . Always thought he was a rangers fan ?

That quote , which I think is correct , made when transferring from Hibs to rangers seems to confirm that

17 minutes ago, john thomas said:

That quote , which I think is correct , made when transferring from Hibs to rangers seems to confirm that

Yeah just strange I have always thought he was a Rangers fan from Edinburgh it not uncommon and Hibs fans have made out he was a die hard Hibs fan they always like to claim footballers, singers, actors. are Hibs. Maybe was his dream to play for Hibs being a kid coming through the youth teams making it into the first team but when your boyhood hero's come in for you you're away. 

Naisys Tackle
23 minutes ago, john thomas said:

He hated Collins.  Said he would crawl to Ibrox to get away from him.  Seems a big rangers fan these days mind you.  

Just now, Robbies Tackle said:

He hated Collins.  Said he would crawl to Ibrox to get away from him.  Seems a big rangers fan these days mind you.  

Collins thought he was the ring leader with the revolt against him, It continued after Thomson left he said If I left and the issues were still going on at Hibs I wasn't John Collins issue. He wasn't keen on Butcher too.

Naisys Tackle
4 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Collins thought he was the ring leader with the revolt against him, It continued after Thomson left he said If I left and the issues were still going on at Hibs I wasn't John Collins issue. He wasn't keen on Butcher too.

Butcher's a great guy :)

2 hours ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Yeah just strange I have always thought he was a Rangers fan from Edinburgh it not uncommon and Hibs fans have made out he was a die hard Hibs fan they always like to claim footballers, singers, actors. are Hibs. Maybe was his dream to play for Hibs being a kid coming through the youth teams making it into the first team but when your boyhood hero's come in for you you're away. 

Peebles ninthink 

2 hours ago, Robbies Tackle said:

That explains it 

3 hours ago, Stu_HMFC said:

He’s from Peebles and grew up supporting the wee team.  His old man Alan is a season ticket holder at the piggery.