Kevin Thomson

Rudy T

Heard him on the radio, seems fairly ambitious and switched on but couldn’t take to him referring to the game as Footy and players as footy players 🙈🙈

5 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Heard him on the radio, seems fairly ambitious and switched on but couldn’t take to him referring to the game as Footy and players as footy players 🙈🙈

I mentioned him without naming him on a thread on here, is going places. Has the talent and head for the heights.

I know, near makes me spew up just typing it out.

Edited by Factuer Moi

2 minutes ago, Factuer Moi said:

I mentioned him without naming him on a thread on here, is going places. Has the talent and head for the heights.

He didn’t seem to phased by taking the Hearts job. But that Footy thing needs to stop before he’d be allowed into Gorgie.

Meh. Dare I say he's got one of the easiest jobs in Scottish football. Credit where its due for their result at the weekend but I'm not exactly impressed that their coasting to the League Two title with their budget.

The job certainly done wonders for Barry Ferguson's reputation, but again, they really ought to be winning the Lowland League anyway when he was there. Been shown up as a poor manager everywhere else he's been, particularly now at Alloa.

I'll probably reserve judgement on Thomson until he takes a more challenging role.

Byyy The Light
7 minutes ago, Factuer Moi said:

I saw that post and assumed that’s who you were referring to. I don’t know him but know a few who do. Either having played with him or been in his company a fair bit.

Seems to be a mixed bag, some speak highly while others aren’t fans of his. Doesn’t seem to have a problem with self belief. His academy thing seems to be going well so fair play to the guy in my book. 

3 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

I saw that post and assumed that’s who you were referring to. I don’t know him but know a few who do. Either having played with him or been in his company a fair bit.

Seems to be a mixed bag, some speak highly while others aren’t fans of his. Doesn’t seem to have a problem with self belief. His academy thing seems to be going well so fair play to the guy in my book. 

He is one to watch, a very astute focused football minded geek, he is very similar to Robbie. I have nothing to say about him as a person, just Hibby though, kind of messes it up a bit.

Yeah i agree  , he and his people put hard graft into the grass roots, i am all for it and respect Him for that. Barry Ferguson the same.

Edited by Factuer Moi

3 minutes ago, Locky said:

Meh. Dare I say he's got one of the easiest jobs in Scottish football. Credit where its due for their result at the weekend but I'm not exactly impressed that their coasting to the League Two title with their budget.

The job certainly done wonders for Barry Ferguson's reputation, but again, they really ought to be winning the Lowland League anyway when he was there. Been shown up as a poor manager everywhere else he's been, particularly now at Alloa.

I'll probably reserve judgement on Thomson until he takes a more challenging role.

I get where your coming from but he seems to have a clear career plan, Rangers youth, to a well run (and financed) league two side, with his ambition to them move through the leagues. Time will tell but I like to hear managers who have that will to win and talks as if just turning up for these big games isn’t enough.

20 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

That and many times did he need to say meticulous he’s trying to hard to come across intelligent 

1 minute ago, Kyle1874 said:

That and many times did he need to say meticulous he’s trying to hard to come across intelligent 

Ha, imagine trying to be intelligent with them lot on Open Goal.. That is classic giggle patter.

Edited by Factuer Moi

6 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

I get where your coming from but he seems to have a clear career plan, Rangers youth, to a well run (and financed) league two side, with his ambition to them move through the leagues. Time will tell but I like to hear managers who have that will to win and talks as if just turning up for these big games isn’t enough.

Fair play. Haven't heard him speak myself. Think he has, or had, a Soccer School too before he went into management.

4 minutes ago, Factuer Moi said:

Ha, imagine trying to be intelligent with them lot on Open Goal.. That is classic giggle patter.

They really need to get rid of that Slaney, he’s a creepy wee weirdo.

1 minute ago, Locky said:

Fair play. Haven't heard him speak myself. Think he has, or had, a Soccer School too before he went into management.

As someone mentioned earlier he doesn’t lack any self belief or confidence, sometimes not a bad thing if the players buy into it.

15 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

They really need to get rid of that Slaney, he’s a creepy wee weirdo.

I preferred it when it was Si solo. This tells the whole story with laughs surrounding the Romanov era. A NEED TO WATCH.

Edited by Factuer Moi

3 minutes ago, Costanza said:

The harsh reality is that he seems to see his ultimate career footy goal as managing Rangers.

He says he has always wanted to manage Hibs. Third last video on Open Goal link above

Edited by Factuer Moi

stuartmitchell
1 hour ago, Rudy T said:

I hate that word, file alongside "brekkie" 

Marooned In Oz
25 minutes ago, Costanza said:

The harsh reality is that he seems to see his ultimate career footy goal as managing Rangers.

He must have repeated that 'harsh reality' line about 50 times in that interview.   Like nails down a chalkboard 

55 minutes ago, Kyle1874 said:

Has even more problems with his English than Michael Stewart . Closer , in that department , to Derek Ferguson . But it's what you say that matters . 

Footie was the deal breaker for me 

Frank Sidebottom

Heard him on the radio yesterday, was pretty cringe to be honest. 

“footie”

”the harsh reality”

”Bri”  

full of himself. 

33 minutes ago, wentworth jambo said:

Listen to him if he’s ever co-comm on SevcoTV - then decide…

This

Absolute bellend

Made a twat of himself during the 1-1

McGregor the best in Scotland bar none then flaps at our equaliser 

24 minutes ago, Marooned In Oz said:

He must have repeated that 'harsh reality' line about 50 times in that interview.   Like nails down a chalkboard 

I noticed that. Half the time he used it in the wrong context. Thick as mince. 

55 minutes ago, Factuer Moi said:

He says he has always wanted to manage Hibs. Third last video on Open Goal link above

I'm sure yesterday he said Rangers was the ultimate job to him, or words to that effect.

Maybe he wants to manage Hibs and then bump them for Rangers....

34 minutes ago, Marooned In Oz said:

Yeah, it was really starting to grind my gears and ears by the end of it

28 minutes ago, john thomas said:

Has even more problems with his English than Michael Stewart . Closer , in that department , to Derek Ferguson . But it's what you say that matters . 

Footie was the deal breaker for me 

Derek Ferguson always says "Listen,..." which really annoys me for some reason, that and the constant use of it in print when the tabloids quote footballers like his brother Barry, Kris Boyd, Davie Provan etc.

12 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Derek Ferguson always says "Listen,..." which really annoys me for some reason, that and the constant use of it in print when the tabloids quote footballers like his brother Barry, Kris Boyd, Davie Provan etc.

Actually quite enjoy Ferguson's enthusiasm when talking about hames

33 minutes ago, Costanza said:

I'm sure yesterday he said Rangers was the ultimate job to him, or words to that effect.

Maybe he wants to manage Hibs and then bump them for Rangers....

True, you may be right. I lost interest after a while.

20 minutes ago, john thomas said:

Its a shame we didn’t sign his lad, kind of player that would complete our team.

19 minutes ago, john thomas said:

I do like him actually more just that affectation he has, although I accept that's just my fault as it's my gripe!

Footy,

Sarnie,

Father Christmas,

Crimbo...

English-isms like that really shouldn't bother me as much as they do.

Seen plenty of these ex players get the hype train over the years and fail when they go up the food chain, Ian Murray, Paul Hartley, Steven Pressely.  I actually think he's got the makings of a good manager but as others have said, its easiest gig in Scottish football at the moment. 

The_razors_edge

I went to school with him. He was a wee prick back then. 

Someone should ask him about his time at Coventry. That’ll put his gas at a peep. 

Got it easy at the moment , as they have the money and ambition to progress up the leagues, his next move will be his first challenge  and failure 

4 minutes ago, The_razors_edge said:

I went to school with him. He was a wee prick back then. 

Someone should ask him about his time at Coventry. That’ll put his gas at a peep. 

I was just about to post the same.  I coached him at Thistle when he came back up the road from Coventry where he was bullied.  He always had a cockiness about him but the Coventry experience certainly brought him back to earth with a bump.

He then moved to Hutchie vale and eventually Hibs.  He was always talented but what makes me laugh is the hard man reputation he seems to have created for himself.  The boy couldn’t fight sleep but always talked a good one.

Rangers is the biggest job he could ever have in football. No imagination to think beyond Scotland. Definitely not the mindset we need at Tynecastle now or ever.

Byyy The Light
1 hour ago, martoon said:

Footy,

Sarnie,

Father Christmas,

Crimbo...

Agree with all of these. Wind me right up.

Holibobs/holibags too.

4 hours ago, Factuer Moi said:

Are you ok?

10 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

Agree with all of these. Wind me right up.

Holibobs/holibags too.

Aye.

I knew there were others I'd forgotten, bud, and that's two of them.

1 hour ago, martoon said:

Footy,

Sarnie,

Father Christmas,

Crimbo...

Soz.

How feckin pathetic is that?  :rofl: 

Just type ‘sorry’.  It’s a whole two (2) letters more.

3 hours ago, Frank Sidebottom said:

Heard him on the radio yesterday, was pretty cringe to be honest. 

“footie”

”the harsh reality”

”Bri”  

full of himself. 

Agree, cringed throughout the whole show. Trying far too hard, "harsh reality" and "itemised" must have been said about 30 times. 

3 hours ago, john thomas said:

yep, me too. Mind you amongst that lot on sportsound and it’s not hard to come across as good. Ferguson definitely good value though 

2 hours ago, Morgan said:

Soz.

How feckin pathetic is that?  :rofl: 

Just type ‘sorry’.  It’s a whole two (2) letters more.

Big, fat soz for forgetting that one, too. 😄

7 hours ago, Rudy T said:

Its a shame we didn’t sign his lad, kind of player that would complete our team.

He was at Riccarton the same time as my lad.

Had to turn off Radio Scotland when he was on on Sunday. The excessive self-promotion made me want to spew up.