Peter Bogdanovich has died

JudyJudyJudy

JudyJudyJudy

A really fine director of classics like " The Last Picture Show" " Paper moon" and  " Whats up doc? Also a great lover / critic of classic cinema and wrote a lot of good essays about it. 

He was sometimes and actor too and appeared in "" The Soprano's" as Dr Eliot who supervised Dr Melfi 

Spoiler

and eventually helped her recognise that she was only helping Tony in his sociopathic ways by providing therapy to him

Edited by JamesM48

John Findlay

The last picture show is very good with a young Cybil Shepherd in it, and filmed in Black and White. RIP Peter Bogdanovich.

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

The last picture show is very good with a young Cybil Shepherd in it, and filmed in Black and White. RIP Peter Bogdanovich.

1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

RIP once more. The Last Picture Show is one of my favourite films.

Yes its a great film 

Auld Reekin'
3 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

RIP once more. The Last Picture Show is one of my favourite films.

Yup. Mine too. :icon14:

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Boab said:

A great talent.

Cameo in Sopranos was terrific. 

An integral part of the Melfi/Soprano analysis.

Yes he was great in it. I recall reading on  Facebook posting about the Sops someone had commented that when the scenes between Melfi and Tony were on they fast forwarded it as it was " boring "  I nearly threw my laptop at the wall :) 

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
34 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes he was great in it. I recall reading on  Facebook posting about the Sops someone had commented that when the scenes between Melfi and Tony were on they fast forwarded it as it was " boring "  I nearly threw my laptop at the wall :) 

What? 😄

Some of the scenes between those two are among the most tense and gripping of the entire series. 

37 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Indeed, James.

The dialogue between them and his probing into her involvement was great writing/acting.

JudyJudyJudy
34 minutes ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

What? 😄

Some of the scenes between those two are among the most tense and gripping of the entire series. 

I know. They were the highlights for me really . Well those scenes and the any with Misery guts Livia. 

JudyJudyJudy
31 minutes ago, Boab said:

Indeed, James.

The dialogue between them and his probing into her involvement was great writing/acting.

Yes it really was great writing and so interesting , trying to establish why Tony became who he was. 

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Savage Vince said:

He was married to Cybil Shepherd and went out with Dorothy Stratten. 😎

Cybil Shepherd is terribly underrated as an actress . In particular in comedies . I like her style . She was brilliant in “ moonlighting “ 

Savage Vince
9 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Cybil Shepherd is terribly underrated as an actress . In particular in comedies . I like her style . She was brilliant in “ moonlighting “ 

I wouldn't say she was underrated at all, she has been nominated for/won heaps of awards and had her own TV show. 

JudyJudyJudy
42 minutes ago, Savage Vince said:

I wouldn't say she was underrated at all, she has been nominated for/won heaps of awards and had her own TV show. 

ok welll  the acclaim she might have got really as she never really had a film career as such  . It was more tv roles. 

Savage Vince
1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

ok welll  the acclaim she might have got really as she never really had a film career as such  . It was more tv roles. 

She wasn't liked. She was a diva, a cow and very difficult to work with. 

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, Savage Vince said:

She wasn't liked. She was a diva, a cow and very difficult to work with. 

Oh dear. OH well I still liked her ditsy blonde style of acting. She was good in the remake of  " the lady vanishes" 

Savage Vince
2 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Oh dear. OH well I still liked her ditsy blonde style of acting. She was good in the remake of  " the lady vanishes" 

I liked her too. She was gorgeous. 😊

JudyJudyJudy
23 minutes ago, Savage Vince said:

I liked her too. She was gorgeous. 😊

Oh aye she was a good looker 👍 

crunchy frog

In the book  "easy riders raging bulls" , PB came across as a bit of a bawbag although that might just be the author's prejudices.

JudyJudyJudy
17 minutes ago, crunchy frog said:

In the book  "easy riders raging bulls" , PB came across as a bit of a bawbag although that might just be the author's prejudices.

Yes i think he was quite difficult hence not getting many picture deals really. He never really fulfilled his potential of his earlier classic films. 

On 07/01/2022 at 19:53, JamesM48 said:

I'm sorry to say I used to do this! I recently re-watched all of the Sopranos and although those scenes are incredibly well acted and integral to the plot I just had to skip past them - much prefer the banter in the Bing or outside Satriales!

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Jambos_1874 said:

I'm sorry to say I used to do this! I recently re-watched all of the Sopranos and although those scenes are incredibly well acted and integral to the plot I just had to skip past them - much prefer the banter in the Bing or outside Satriales!

image-23-10-21-06-56-8.gif