Hearts v Celtic 26 January

Stewart MacD

20 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

Easy filter them at Russell Road, then again at McLeod Street and obviously again at the turnstiles, asking to see there match tickets every time

Compulsory showers at both filter points would also help. Probably melt half the cretins

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kiwidoug

• GinRummy

• Mikey1874

• luckydug

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

38 minutes ago, damo said:

It looked like the club did a good job of preventing ticketless Rangers fans getting in when I walked along McLeod Street (via Russell Road end). A bit easier easier to funnel a 1000 than 3500. 

Just need to get better at not letting them buy tickets for home sections. 

This is a must!. I don't know if they should bring in a LP minimum for the old firm games, Which would prevent anyone from creating a new account and buying a ticket straight away. Or close down the registering a new account before they even release tickets for the game, And if anyone without an account wants to buy a ticket they will need to head into the ticket office and register. Would soon suss them out with the smell of piss and lack of teeth. 

I have done it in the past with Hearts buying tickets in the home end when I have not been able to get a ticket in our end. I have also done it for Newcastle, Sunderland, and Burnley when Liverpool have played. Burnley have just released tickets on a general sale for home matches against Liverpool and Man United for next month, there will be loads of new accounts opening and buying tickets in the home end. 

Edited by Stu_HMFC

Fozzyonthefence
3 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Wonderful that their allocation has been cut. These stinking low life’s are a skid mark on society so the less the better.  Only have to disinfect 2 sections afterwards as well.  No doubt the odd one will wangle a ticket somewhere in the home ends but won’t be hard to sniff out.

Lets get this sold out

I’d also like to think that if there is any damage done to the away end or general hooliganism or sectarianism then their allocation will be cut even further for their next visit. 

The Treasurer
2 hours ago, Stu_HMFC said:

This is a must!. I don't know if they should bring in a LP minimum for the old firm games, Which would prevent anyone from creating a new account and buying a ticket straight away. Or close down the registering a new account before they even release tickets for the game, And if anyone without an account wants to buy a ticket they will need to head into the ticket office and register. Would soon suss them out with the smell of piss and lack of teeth. 

I have done it in the past with Hearts buying tickets in the home end when I have not been able to get a ticket in our end. I have also done it for Newcastle, Sunderland, and Burnley when Liverpool have played. Burnley have just released tickets on a general sale for home matches against Liverpool and Man United for next month, there will be loads of new accounts opening and buying tickets in the home end. 

Excellent idea and, I'd imagine, very easy to do.

We'll never stop them completely but we can make it harder for them to get tickets.

Also any Hearts support who gives them a ticket should have their ST cancelled immediately

portobellojambo1
11 hours ago, romac said:

If you are using Firefox, right click on the article and select Open in New Private Window

You can view as many as you want without any restrictions.

Many thanks, was unaware of that option.

2 hours ago, jbee647 said:

Easy filter them at Russell Road, then again at McLeod Street and obviously again at the turnstiles, asking to see there match tickets every time

... and a full and detailed Covid Passport check, not to mention an Acme Smellometer check. 😉

Seriously, though; for the last Derby match at the Albion Place Stadium we had to show our tickets prior to accessing the turnstiles. Hearts should adopt the same strategy with added overhead disinfectant showers.

If 1290 Celtic fans pass through, then no more; and if that causes those with genuine tickets to miss out then too bad. Maybe then, there own support will do something about it.

My prediction, for what it's worth, is that even with the reduced allocation there'll still be a sizable contingent of green parka & balaclava wearing 'freedom fighters' blighting the away end. Yup, the pathetic faux-paramilitary so-called 'Green Brigade' will have been given 1st dibs on the scarce tickets. Either that or they're the ones who somehow manage to clone tickets, or whatever it is they do.

Cynical? Moi? 😝

Tynecastle stewards 'crush' Celtic fans entering stadium before match  against Hearts | Glasgow Times

More of this lock them in until the turnstiles open. After full time whistle keep them locked in Tynecastle for half hour after the match. Make it horrible as possible for them. 

3 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

... and a full and detailed Covid Passport check, not to mention an Acme Smellometer check. 😉

Seriously, though; for the last Derby match at the Albion Place Stadium we had to show our tickets prior to accessing the turnstiles. Hearts should adopt the same strategy with added overhead disinfectant showers.

If 1290 Celtic fans pass through, then no more; and if that causes those with genuine tickets to miss out then too bad. Maybe then, there own support will do something about it.

My prediction, for what it's worth, is that even with the reduced allocation there'll still be a sizable contingent of green parka & balaclava wearing 'freedom fighters' blighting the away end. Yup, the pathetic faux-paramilitary so-called 'Green Brigade' will have been given 1st dibs on the scarce tickets. Either that or they're the ones who somehow manage to clone tickets, or whatever it is they do.

Cynical? Moi? 😝

It's obvious that they are either forging tickets or indulging in some form criminality to obtain entry for excess amounts of Celtic fans at away grounds. 

The stadiums are all seated yet there seems to be fans crowded together with no space in between them. 

As a previous poster says put a counter on the turnstiles and shut the gates once the allocation has passed through. 

It will likely take a serious accident for this issue to be addressed. 

3 hours ago, luckydug said:

It's obvious that they are either forging tickets or indulging in some form criminality to obtain entry for excess amounts of Celtic fans at away grounds. 

The stadiums are all seated yet there seems to be fans crowded together with no space in between them. 

As a previous poster says put a counter on the turnstiles and shut the gates once the allocation has passed through. 

It will likely take a serious accident for this issue to be addressed. 

Did we not do this a couple of seasons ago when there were fans with genuine tickets locked out once the stand was full and we got hell in the press for doing it.

47 minutes ago, 1953 said:

Did we not do this a couple of seasons ago when there were fans with genuine tickets locked out once the stand was full and we got hell in the press for doing it.

The press would be the first to condemn us if their was an incident due to an overcrowded stand. 

1 hour ago, luckydug said:

The press would be the first to condemn us if their was an incident due to an overcrowded stand. 

If there was an overcrowding issue, it would be Hearts that would be culpable.

I'm sure the club are well aware of previous incidents and will be on top of it.

The good news all round is, the club are now doing what fans have been asking for. 

The lower number, in turn, helps solve the potential for green menace ticket chicanery !

4 minutes ago, luckydug said:

We only got the all clear yesterday. 

Just worried we won’t have enough time to sell them. Maybe more pr about it next week

All tickets purchased with a new account should only be sold with valid ID and only allowed entry with that ID. If your a genuine Hearts fan you’ll not have an issue with that.

We should also insist Celtic send us the details of all tickets they sell, ie who is in what seat. It will be really easy to randomly spot check them at the gate. Also when the exact number of tickets enter the away end to what’s been sold the gates are closed, if they want to rip each other off they can crack on but we shouldn’t need to pay the penalty for those horrible tramps over crowding our stand.

awadooningorgie2
34 minutes ago, Boab said:

If there was an overcrowding issue, it would be Hearts that would be culpable.

I'm sure the club are well aware of previous incidents and will be on top of it.

The good news all round is, the club are now doing what fans have been asking for. 

The lower number, in turn, helps solve the potential for green menace ticket chicanery !

The recent Hillsborough series should be a wake up call.

11 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I’d also like to think that if there is any damage done to the away end or general hooliganism or sectarianism then their allocation will be cut even further for their next visit. 

That’s the way to do it! 👍

11 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Cynical? Moi? 😝

The green Parka brigade seem to always be first in line for tickets 🤷‍♀️

13 minutes ago, theshed said:

They are either forging tickets or Celtic football club are complicit in giving this group first choice of tickets for every single football match that Celtic play.

22 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

They are either forging tickets or Celtic football club are complicit in giving this group first choice of tickets for every single football match that Celtic play.

Given they are everywhere perhaps they simply have the loyalty points to attend?

11 hours ago, jbee647 said:

Peter Lawwell will be forging the tickets for them. 

kettering jam tart

I can’t see us selling this one out with the midweek date. That will then get the idiots all over social media saying cannae sell etc, I think what they don’t understand is, The Hearts supporters who have a majority sharehold in the club have all agreed we’d rather have empty seats than any more than the 1,300 they are receiving, that’s the real truth that them idiots don’t seem to get!!!

Edited by kettering jam tart

15 hours ago, theshed said:

They apparently have a God given right to first pickings.

18 hours ago, Newton51 said:

Just worried we won’t have enough time to sell them. Maybe more pr about it next week

Why worry?

kettering jam tart

Kyogo almost certainly out injured. Rogic will be called up by Australia, as for the 3 newbies no idea. Interesting game this one will be, I think we have a great chance of getting 3 points out of it.

Ticket sales slow hopefully pick up a fair bit in the next few days.

I'm feeling increasingly confident which in itself of course means very little.

On the telly here so really looking forward to it.  Won't be booing Souttar but will give Gordon laldy for going to celtic.

Booooooooo.

Just getting a bit of practice in.

On 14/01/2022 at 00:24, Tasavallan said:

Why worry?

That lot have the Celtic board so much by the cojones, its actually funny 

McGlynn The Money
On 12/01/2022 at 23:03, theshed said:

Same with that wee kid who they called a "Celtic Super Fan" after he scored that penalty at half-time at Hamilton, I think it was. His old boy certainly seemed to milk that publicity for all it was worth to get tickets after that.

Edited by McGlynn The Money

Rogic will be away with Australia and hopefully all their Japanese lot will be away also.

Tynecastle in midweek isn't ideal for Celtic that's for sure but we need to score first. Hopefully Boyce is fit and that we have a right go at them, hopefully we get a good crowd also.

13 hours ago, kettering jam tart said:

Kyogo almost certainly out injured. Rogic will be called up by Australia, as for the 3 newbies no idea. Interesting game this one will be, I think we have a great chance of getting 3 points out of it.

Ticket sales slow hopefully pick up a fair bit in the next few days.

Of the new guys someone on radio was saying only one of them's a sure pick for the squad, another could be picked and the third is unlikely.

On 12/01/2022 at 11:25, Wee Mikey said:

Cynical? Moi? 😝

The sidewinding snake wriggling *******s, belly the floor to get in.

Edited by Factuer Moi

4 hours ago, Dalry said:

Rogic will be away with Australia and hopefully all their Japanese lot will be away also.

Tynecastle in midweek isn't ideal for Celtic that's for sure but we need to score first. Hopefully Boyce is fit and that we have a right go at them, hopefully we get a good crowd also.

And hopefully our crowd won’t boo Souttar - leave that to Celtic fans 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
13 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

And hopefully our crowd won’t boo Souttar - leave that to Celtic fans 

Would be wise of Hearts fans not to align themselves with Celtic fans and boo Souttar to be honest.

Imagine a genuine Hearts fan acting identically to a Celtic fan at a game? Nut me either.

21 minutes ago, kila said:

12.thumb.jpg.196d169a9dd83ed139165ade7bede39b.jpg

Hopefully sales pick up soon and we fill the Roseburn. But even if we don't I'd rather we kept them to 2 sections in future. 

Win on Saturday and I think sales will pick up quite quickly.

26 minutes ago, kila said:

12.thumb.jpg.196d169a9dd83ed139165ade7bede39b.jpg

Hopefully sales pick up soon and we fill the Roseburn. But even if we don't I'd rather we kept them to 2 sections in future. 

It was a similar pic for the St Johnstone fixture a week before the game. We’ll sell 1,000 to 1,500 in the Roseburn. 

2 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Would be wise of Hearts fans not to align themselves with Celtic fans and boo Souttar to be honest.

Imagine a genuine Hearts fan acting identically to a Celtic fan at a game? Nut me either.

Agreed 

Beaton busting a gut to give Celtic key decisions so he can bam them up in favour of rangers if he refs the next old firm game. Corruption. 

As it stands sales in the Roseburn are not great. Some people may be waiting on being paid after Xmas/New Year.

We really need to sell as many tickets as we can for these games or the club may decide to give the arse cheeks the full stand again.

3 minutes ago, 8skacel8 said:

As it stands sales in the Roseburn are not great. Some people may be waiting on being paid after Xmas/New Year.

We really need to sell as many tickets as we can for these games or the club may decide to give the arse cheeks the full stand again.

Shouldn’t really be judged too much on a during the week game. Hard for folk to shell out for 3 home games plus the derby in just a few weeks. I think the club will keep restricting their numbers. 

We’re beating them on Wednesday. Our 4 games against the uglies have been close this season… although they do tend to be a ‘game of two halves’ for some reason. We won our first game against smelltic and the officials guaranteed we didn’t win at dark heid… but we did run them ragged in the second half of that game. I also noticed that Hubz had the most possession last week in their game with them… they seem to come out of the traps and slow down the second half. 
If we can score or keep them quiet in the first half, I fancy us. 

Салатные палочки
On 20/01/2022 at 08:42, McGlynn The Money said:

Same with that wee kid who they called a "Celtic Super Fan" after he scored that penalty at half-time at Hamilton, I think it was. His old boy certainly seemed to milk that publicity for all it was worth to get tickets after that.

Wee Jay? 

His old man is probably still riding on that gravy train. Wee Jay must be about 20 by now. 

Edited by Salad Fingers

4 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Japan have only selected one of the 4 Celtic Japanese players. 

Kyogo, Hatate and Ideguchi free to play on Wednesday. 

Kyogo injured

4 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

Wee Jay? 

His old man is probably still riding on that gravy train. Wee Jay must be about 20 by now. 

Really ?

Ffs, man !

Malinga the Swinga

One or two injuries tonight for Celtic, hopefully series, so no reason for us to fear them.

Home win on Wednesday.