hearts and hibs celebrity supporters

wattie exploited

6 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

is this the guy from the fall ?  I seen them at the night club I always thought they were a indie band ?

Trying to pin The Fall into a genre is impossible,  mark e Smith was punk as feck though 

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wattie exploited

• maggieb

• Factuer Moi

• the general

1 hour ago, Bozi said:

Trying to pin The Fall into a genre is impossible,  mark e Smith was punk as feck though 

spot on. Mark E Smith did it in his very own singular way. A total one off 

wattie exploited

we used to practice in the same place as the proclaimers near Fat Sams in Edinburgh a long time back  and give them loads of shit about hibs they used to hate us  as I would sing loads of hearts songs through the PA lol !!!!!   :rifle:

2 hours ago, Bozi said:

The Fall were the poor mans Joy Division

Forever Hearts
2 hours ago, Bozi said:

I agree Mark E Smith was a one-off and his disdain for all things celebrity was refreshing, but he certainly wasn't a punk. 

12 minutes ago, A.JAMBO said:

no chance. Both brilliant bands but The Fall (i.e. Mark E Smith as they had about 64 band members over the years) were The Fall and a one off. As he said, "if it's just me and your granny playing the bongos it's still The Fall*

Actor, Lorne McFadden, must be one of our newer celeb supporters.

Played Bobby Moore in the ITV drama about his life and more recently, Vigil, on the Beeb. 

11 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

no chance. Both brilliant bands but The Fall (i.e. Mark E Smith as they had about 64 band members over the years) were The Fall and a one off. As he said, "if it's just me and your granny playing the bongos it's still The Fall*

No Joy Division were a one off, Ian's death changed their destiny to New Order. The Fall are no way close to that level.

Edited by A.JAMBO

6 minutes ago, A.JAMBO said:

No Joy Division were a one off, Ian's death changed their destiny to New Order. The Fall are no way close to that level.

agree that Joy Division were a one off (the brilliant Ian Curtis being the key member) but The Fall were also a one off (i.e. no other band coming close to the musical style/output of either band).

Malinga the Swinga

Hibs don't have celebrity fans, they just have ***** that are more recognisable than the normal ***** who support them.

Салатные палочки
57 minutes ago, A.JAMBO said:

Joy Division are the last band I would compare The Fall to. 

21 hours ago, the general said:

Bruce is a lovely guy with a genuine soft spot for Hearts as he grew up in balgreen

He did snort a large amount of Colombian exports when, perhaps, he should have been pairing the band with decent songwriters to prevent tapering off into heritage obscurity. Arguably. 

Jo Callis, who gets a songwriter credit for 'Don't You Want Me Baby' - anyone know which team he supports?

That song is a steady earner on the PRS, trust me.

12 hours ago, maroonsgotop said:

yup. decamped to Edinburgh from Manchester for a while, hence this song. Nice touch by Hearts to play this at Tynecastle just after he died a couple of years ago. He was certainly a one off and absolutely brilliant music

Down by the banana flats, a bit Hibs territory, but I grew up just next to them, in the tenement block on the right of the video still.

will-i-am-a-jambo
9 hours ago, Awbdy Oot said:

Stephen Hendry went to Dalkeith High School? Don't think that's right or at least it's news to me.

Edit: looks like the "keith" part is right, Inverkeithing.

I agree l don't think that's right. I think he went to Juniper Green Primary but not sure on the High School. I thought he was from Baberton originally but could be wrong. 

colinmorewasgash
9 minutes ago, will-i-am-a-jambo said:

I agree l don't think that's right. I think he went to Juniper Green Primary but not sure on the High School. I thought he was from Baberton originally but could be wrong. 

Inverkeithing High School same as pressley and levein teacher who taught them also taught my son.

colinmorewasgash
Just now, colinmorewasgash said:

Not sure about scott brown but know his dad lives in dalgety bay and his stepbrothers did go there too.

Durie also went there I believe

12 minutes ago, will-i-am-a-jambo said:

His dad, Gordon, lived in Baberton and  drank in The Railway Inn. 

4 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

I agree Mark E Smith was a one-off and his disdain for all things celebrity was refreshing, but he certainly wasn't a punk. 

If Punk is an attitude rather than a fashion trend the Mark E was definitely PUNK

5 hours ago, wattie exploited said:

we used to practice in the same place as the proclaimers near Fat Sams in Edinburgh a long time back  and give them loads of shit about hibs they used to hate us  as I would sing loads of hearts songs through the PA lol !!!!!   :rifle:

Nice one. Remember stumbling across the Proclaimers playing at Nicky Tams. They were bottled off! Ha ha

10 hours ago, will-i-am-a-jambo said:

Hendry mentioned about living in Robertson Avenue at one time. Obv a stones throw from Tynie. 

wattie exploited
17 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

Joy Division are the last band I would compare The Fall to. 

the only thing Joy Division and the Fall have in common is that they both came from Manchester  area !

and Joy Division  were miles better than The fall !!!!!!!!!!!!   

9 hours ago, JJ93 said:

Is the person who wrote this really 'dissing' Chris Hoy because he went to a good school? 🤦‍♂️

Think it was a bit tongue in cheek based on the 'punk points' scale.

22 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

Actor, Lorne McFadden, must be one of our newer celeb supporters.

Played Bobby Moore in the ITV drama about his life and more recently, Vigil, on the Beeb. 

The lad that was in Vigil ?  Isn't he from the Western Isles ?  Just wondering how you know he's a Hearts fan ........

On 18/12/2021 at 16:24, Samuel Camazzola said:

Andy Murray has always claimed to be an Arsenal fan. His mum and brother make noises about Hibs but he's always distance himself from them and talks about Arsenal when interviewed. 

Nah - Andy & Jamie are both  Hobos.  Their grandad played for them in the 50s.   Andy has offered his services to their academy players to help with sports psychology.   Porto allegedly "benefitted" from it.  :rofl: 

Probably best for Andy's  own   psychology not to mention them  though !! 😄

18 hours ago, edramone said:

Nice one. Remember stumbling across the Proclaimers playing at Nicky Tams. They were bottled off! Ha ha

Shows how you mellow.and change as you get older. Going to see them in November next year at the Caird Hall. 😅

6 hours ago, wattie exploited said:

the only thing Joy Division and the Fall have in common is that they both came from Manchester  area !

and Joy Division  were miles better than The fall !!!!!!!!!!!!   

Wattie, Joy Division are one of the all time great British bands but so are The Fall. Loved this track they did about Harold Shipman

12 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

The lad that was in Vigil ?  Isn't he from the Western Isles ?  Just wondering how you know he's a Hearts fan ........

Aye. Article in the paper prior to him appearing in Bobby and Tina. 

Edited by Debut 4

10 hours ago, maroonsgotop said:

Wattie, Joy Division are one of the all time great British bands but so are The Fall. Loved this track they did about Harold Shipman

Great video clip of the fall, I agree one of the best bands of all time for attitude and musical experimentation. 

On 18/12/2021 at 14:18, Awbdy Oot said:

Stephen Hendry went to Dalkeith High School? Don't think that's right or at least it's news to me.

Edit: looks like the "keith" part is right, Inverkeithing.

Don't know about that... defo went to Juniper Green Primary for a short while. Year above me.

5 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Don't know about that... defo went to Juniper Green Primary for a short while. Year above me.

Did he no go to South Queensferry lived in Kirkliston ? 

35 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

TBH I don't remember him. It was an old mate of mine that was in his class... still had the school photo to prove it to me!.. although I knew a couple of others that had know him at the time. I think he was only there for a couple of years or so.

Edited by Rogue Daddy

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Hendry definitely went to Inverkeithing High for a while (as did Levein, Pressley and Durie), and think he lived in Dalgety Bay at the time.  I think he moved to S Queensferry / Kirkliston afterwards but not sure if that was still in his school years. 

On 17/12/2021 at 23:08, wattie exploited said:

http://tocasaid.blogspot.com/2012/05/hearts-and-hibs-those-celeb-supporters.html

just came across this web page its quite interesting which well known celebs support the jambos, and the shit team called hibs  :rifle:  

According to the report and one of the comments, apparently giving a celebrity a hubz top that they have no doubt quickly discarded and can remember bugger all about, qualifies them as being a hubz symapathiser.

Straw clutching masterclass.

Edited by Busby8

On 18/12/2021 at 21:19, maroonsgotop said:

That Zoom Quiz hasnae half helped there ....... but I think it was 68 ?

On 18/12/2021 at 21:39, maroonsgotop said:

agree that Joy Division were a one off (the brilliant Ian Curtis being the key member) but The Fall were also a one off (i.e. no other band coming close to the musical style/output of either band).

The Fall are a good solid act, folklore on Joy Division seals it though.

7 minutes ago, A.JAMBO said:

The Fall are a good solid act, folklore on Joy Division seals it though.

Are you sure you have heard Joy Division and The Fall?

• davemclaren changed the title to hearts and hibs celebrity supporters