• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wattie exploited

• maggieb

• Factuer Moi

• the general

wattie exploited

I wasn't looking at it like that mate I just found it interesting who supported who FTHS !!!!!!!!!!  :rifle:

1 minute ago, wattie exploited said:

I wasn't looking at it like that mate I just found it interesting who supported who FTHS !!!!!!!!!!  :rifle:

Aye, I wasn’t being serious. Just pulling your chain. 👍🏻

wattie exploited
8 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Aye, I wasn’t being serious. Just pulling your chain. 👍🏻

I know quite a few of these people  in person we actually recorded in fishes studio down in haddington years ago but had to lock him out the studio as he had a habit of stealing bands songs fact !!!!!! :rifle:

Nice that we get the punk points. Was wondering what the Simple Minds jibe at the end was till I saw that it was Bruce Findlay claiming Hibs were anti-establishment. Uselss berk, Simple Minds could have been twice as popular than they were with a better manager than him. 

Edited by Gizmo

wattie exploited
34 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Nice that we get the punk points. Was wondering what the Simple Minds jibe at the end was till I saw that it was Bruce Findlay claiming Hibs were anti-establishment. Uselss berk, Simple Minds could have been twice as popular than they were with a better manager than him. 

regular music  they where the main promoters for Edinburgh in the eighties remember meeting them in London and Jim Kerr had some guy doing his ironing !!!!!  :rifle:

1 hour ago, Gizmo said:

Bruce is a lovely guy with a genuine soft spot for Hearts as he grew up in balgreen

The suggestion from the reader's comment that Iggy is a Hibby, aye right. Another act of desperation from our trampy neighbours! Just because Welsh may have tossed Iggy a Hibs shirt does not make Iggy a fan of the vermin. He's a winner, not a loser, after all.

Elton John is a fan of Watford.

25 minutes ago, edramone said:

The suggestion from the reader's comment that Iggy is a Hibby, aye right. Another act of desperation from our trampy neighbours! Just because Welsh may have tossed Iggy a Hibs shirt does not make Iggy a fan of the vermin. He's a winner, not a loser, after all.

He used to own them. 

4 hours ago, wattie exploited said:

I know quite a few of these people  in person we actually recorded in fishes studio down in haddington years ago but had to lock him out the studio as he had a habit of stealing bands songs fact !!!!!! :rifle:

I'd love to have heard Marillion singing 'Kayleigh, it's too late to say you're sorry, why don't you **** a mod, **** a mod, **** a mod instead'

29 minutes ago, edramone said:

Unfortunately though his Edinburgh born guitarist Davey Johnstone has more Hibs leanings than Hearts. 

1 hour ago, jambostuart said:

Unfortunately though his Edinburgh born guitarist Davey Johnstone has more Hibs leanings than Hearts. 

That may be true (I don't know) but I've not seen any evidence that Elton is a Hibee.

queensferryjambo

I just don't get why Ronnie Corbett fails in the punk stakes :( 

Clearly pogoing to Johnny Moped at The Roxy in this photo..............

image.jpeg.b7e6bebd00f5584317d339ff8f85bc22.jpeg

Edited by queensferryjambo

15 minutes ago, edramone said:

That may be true (I don't know) but I've not seen any evidence that Elton is a Hibee.

Aye, Elton's not a Hibby. He played at ER and in true Hibs fashion they claim that as him being a fan. I've also seen him play at Excelsior Stadium and McDiarmid Park so maybe just has a soft spot for wee teams and their shite stadiums. 

Forever Hearts
5 hours ago, wattie exploited said:

regular music  they where the main promoters for Edinburgh in the eighties remember meeting them in London and Jim Kerr had some guy doing his ironing !!!!!  :rifle:

Did you enjoy Skegness? We had a great weekend. Bit of a trek to get there though, but well worth it. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, jambostuart said:

Aye, Elton's not a Hibby. He played at ER and in true Hibs fashion they claim that as him being a fan. I've also seen him play at Excelsior Stadium and McDiarmid Park so maybe just has a soft spot for wee teams and their shite stadiums. 

Possibily tongue in cheek, it's not a serious article. 

7 hours ago, superjack said:

Heard of most of them, apart from that wattie Buchan guy though. He has funny hair!

Nah never heard of Wattie. Is that the same bloke who posts on here 🤔

🤭

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, DarthVodka said:

John Leslie should have a punk rating of -1,000,000 

And a RR of 1,000,000.

part_time_jambo
4 hours ago, Canscot said:

He used to own them. 

Does that make us all Hibs fans then?

Edit - Sorry, just saw Sooperstar's post above. Should have read all the posts first.

Edited by part_time_jambo

10 hours ago, wattie exploited said:

http://tocasaid.blogspot.com/2012/05/hearts-and-hibs-those-celeb-supporters.html

just came across this web page its quite interesting which well known celebs support the jambos, and the shit team called hibs  :rifle:  

This is obviously all fun and stuff and Wattie we love you dearly but no way should you have a higher punk scoring than Mark E Smith, you might have hated Thatcher but he hated every cu##

1 hour ago, DarthVodka said:

John Leslie should have a punk rating of -1,000,000 

That should be what his bail is set at.

Jambo_jim2001
6 hours ago, edramone said:

I always thought it was arsenal that Elton John supported...everyday a school day.

35 minutes ago, Bozi said:

This is obviously all fun and stuff and Wattie we love you dearly but no way should you have a higher punk scoring than Mark E Smith, you might have hated Thatcher but he hated every cu##

Indeed.  What is the (even tenuous) link between Mark E Smith and Hearts?

His football top in this pic?

I understand he was a big fan of Edinburgh and it seems he chose Hearts to support. The Fall have a song called Edinburgh Man and Smith is on youtube in one video walking around Edinburgh.

IMG-20171223-WA0001.jpg

Alex "Tattie" Marshall. Just saw he's been picked for his 7th Commonwealth Games and is a good Hearts man also our most decorated CG athlete.

I'm sure he had little HMFC stickers or inserts on his bowls at one stage in his career.

1 hour ago, Bozi said:

yup. decamped to Edinburgh from Manchester for a while, hence this song. Nice touch by Hearts to play this at Tynecastle just after he died a couple of years ago. He was certainly a one off and absolutely brilliant music

9 hours ago, edramone said:

I remember when Elton was going to play Easter Road and suddenly all the hibs chunts at my then workplace were falling over themselves to get tickets. An unseemly spectacle,  bloody Elton John, hardly in his heyday even then. I doubt any single one of them was actually a proper fan of his. 

Saddos even asked if I was going to get a ticket. Yeah, noooooo I don't think so.    

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

I remember when Elton was going to play Easter Road and suddenly all the hibs chunts at my then workplace were falling over themselves to get tickets. An unseemly spectacle,  bloody Elton John, hardly in his heyday even then. I doubt any single one of them was actually a proper fan of his. 

Saddos even asked if I was going to get a ticket. Yeah, noooooo I don't think so.    

I got a ticket for that, ironically I made the sacrifice and went to er. 

wattie exploited
6 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

Did you enjoy Skegness? We had a great weekend. Bit of a trek to get there though, but well worth it. 

yeah Skegness was great and your right a long drive down and a bigger crowd than St Mirren's Home support ,:rifle:

27 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Fair play if you were a fan, it makes sense. But these folk weren't fans - never mentioned or played anything by him. I thought it was quite pathetic. 

Put it this way, *if* we had held any concerts at Tynecastle, I wouldn't go just for the novelty if it was an artist/act I'm not into.

31 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Don’t know when he played ER but I saw him at the Playhouse in his heyday. Early to mid 70’s. Just him and his piano. It was during the Festival. Kiki Dee came on and they sung Don’t go Breaking My Heart. Had tickets to see Queen at same venue. Gave them to my wife’s wee sister. Not one of my better decisions😂

Edited by Canscot

Stephen Hendry went to Dalkeith High School? Don't think that's right or at least it's news to me.

Edit: looks like the "keith" part is right, Inverkeithing.

Edited by Awbdy Oot

Bazzas right boot
51 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Fair play if you were a fan, it makes sense. But these folk weren't fans - never mentioned or played anything by him. I thought it was quite pathetic. 

Put it this way, *if* we had held any concerts at Tynecastle, I wouldn't go just for the novelty if it was an artist/act I'm not into.

I never went, but I had to get the "joke" in. 

Agreed. 

5 hours ago, part_time_jambo said:

Does that make us all Hibs fans then?

Edit - Sorry, just saw Sooperstar's post above. Should have read all the posts first.

👍

image.png

Forever Hearts
1 hour ago, wattie exploited said:

yeah Skegness was great and your right a long drive down and a bigger crowd than St Mirren's Home support ,:rifle:

We got the train down and back up, must've been about six different connections. Never again.😃

Rebellion next year for us.😎

4 hours ago, WageThief said:

Indeed.  What is the (even tenuous) link between Mark E Smith and Hearts?

I think I remember reading that Mark had a soft spot for us after we sold Arthur Mann to Man City as Arthur became one of Mark’s favourite players. 

1 hour ago, Thurlaston said:

I think I remember reading that Mark had a soft spot for us after we sold Arthur Mann to Man City as Arthur became one of Mark’s favourite players. 

I really hope that is true

Samuel Camazzola

Andy Murray has always claimed to be an Arsenal fan. His mum and brother make noises about Hibs but he's always distance himself from them and talks about Arsenal when interviewed. 

4 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Pun intended?

I was there. 14 years old, actually his worst performance as others have said not during a brilliant album (Peachtree Road if I recall) and his setlist was all over the place 

Meadowbank stadium a few years ago was amazing though...

wattie exploited
8 hours ago, Bozi said:

is this the guy from the fall ?  I seen them at the night club I always thought they were a indie band ?

• davemclaren changed the title to hearts and hibs celebrity supporters