hearts and hibs celebrity supporters

wattie exploited

50 minutes ago, A.JAMBO said:

What do you mean am i sure.

I am trying to verify you have heard both bands as I am confused about you bringing up Joy Division in relation to The Fall.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wattie exploited

• maggieb

• Factuer Moi

• A.JAMBO

8 minutes ago, WageThief said:

I am trying to verify you have heard both bands as I am confused about you bringing up Joy Division in relation to The Fall.

Confused.

Aye right you are then.

OK. I have saw The Fall live twice in 1980, Glasgow and Edinburgh. Not because i liked them but because i went to a lot of gigs back then.

Didn't get to see Joy Division live, had enough mates who were into them . Neither are my type of Band , I just think Joy Division have the edge on them due to Ian's death and certain songs they put out. Some would say Joy Division changed music in the UK. 

Who am i to argue with it all.

Wattie Buchan, may have a take on it. Not only a Punk rocker but A former soldier in my Fathers Regiment.

Edited by A.JAMBO

44 minutes ago, busbyfth said:

Dont know if mentioned But - Westlife.....and also huge punk points - The Wurzels.......all been at Tynie many times 

GTF

Samuel Camazzola
49 minutes ago, busbyfth said:

Dont know if mentioned But - Westlife.....and also huge punk points - The Wurzels.......all been at Tynie many times 

Alan Maybury was a team mate of Nicky Byrne at Leeds United's youth team. Byrne and Brian McFadden were attendees at Tynecastle on a couple of occasions. 👍 

wattie exploited
58 minutes ago, A.JAMBO said:

Confused.

Aye right you are then.

OK. I have saw The Fall live twice in 1980, Glasgow and Edinburgh. Not because i liked them but because i went to a lot of gigs back then.

Didn't get to see Joy Division live, had enough mates who were into them . Neither are my type of Band , I just think Joy Division have the edge on them due to Ian's death and certain songs they put out. Some would say Joy Division changed music in the UK. 

Who am i to argue with it all.

Wattie Buchan, may have a take on it. Not only a Punk rocker but A former soldier in my Fathers Regiment.

the royal Scots first of foot !!!!!!

luckyBatistuta
On 18/12/2021 at 03:30, edramone said:

The suggestion from the reader's comment that Iggy is a Hibby, aye right. Another act of desperation from our trampy neighbours! Just because Welsh may have tossed Iggy a Hibs shirt does not make Iggy a fan of the vermin. He's a winner, not a loser, after all.

Elton John is a fan of Watford.

On 18/12/2021 at 12:54, Gizmo said:

I remember when Elton was going to play Easter Road and suddenly all the hibs chunts at my then workplace were falling over themselves to get tickets. An unseemly spectacle,  bloody Elton John, hardly in his heyday even then. I doubt any single one of them was actually a proper fan of his. 

Saddos even asked if I was going to get a ticket. Yeah, noooooo I don't think so.    

Elton could well be a hibby, because he couldn’t fill Easter Road either. I got offered loads of tickets for that, was phoning around friends and family asking them if they wanted them for free. Didn’t bother myself, not for me.

The Rocket Man at the home of the rockets, only thing taking off there though…is our shoes😁

wattie exploited
On 19/12/2021 at 02:22, edramone said:

Nice one. Remember stumbling across the Proclaimers playing at Nicky Tams. They were bottled off! Ha ha

good I almost ran one off them over when i was driving through some forest early in the morning 

years ago ! he looked shocked 🤣

Edited by wattie exploited

N Lincs Jambo
On 20/12/2021 at 19:11, busbyfth said:

This is actually correct. Tommy Banner of the Wurzels was from Penicuik and a huge Jambo and at the height of their fame he did attend Tynecastle a couple of times but not sure if the other two were with him. Westlife also came a few times as they were mates of Alan Maybury.

On 20/12/2021 at 19:13, busbyfth said:

Also (again dont know if mentioned)....Chris Hoy......and aagghh Tony Blair !!!

Chris Hoy well known Jambo, not sure about Blair. I know he went to Fettes but always thought his football affiliation was to Newcastle. Happy to be corrected if wrong.

The Greek singer Nana Mouskouri was also a guest of honour at a game at Tynie in the mid 70s (think it was November 76 against the huns). The following week's programme showed a photo of her with scarf above her head.

5 hours ago, N Lincs Jambo said:

This is actually correct. Tommy Banner of the Wurzels was from Penicuik and a huge Jambo and at the height of their fame he did attend Tynecastle a couple of times but not sure if the other two were with him. Westlife also came a few times as they were mates of Alan Maybury.

Chris Hoy well known Jambo, not sure about Blair. I know he went to Fettes but always thought his football affiliation was to Newcastle. Happy to be corrected if wrong.

The Greek singer Nana Mouskouri was also a guest of honour at a game at Tynie in the mid 70s (think it was November 76 against the huns). The following week's programme showed a photo of her with scarf above her head.

Tony Blair messaged George Foulkes to say you lucky so an so when he got the Chairmans role....TB was a hearts fan and said that their result was the one he looked for first. EEEKK

N Lincs Jambo
18 minutes ago, busbyfth said:

Tony Blair messaged George Foulkes to say you lucky so an so when he got the Chairmans role....TB was a hearts fan and said that their result was the one he looked for first. EEEKK

Cheers for the info. I’d never heard that before 👍

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

Craig Charles played Dead Cities on his Radio 6 show, about 3:15 this afternoon. :lol:

His Trunk of Punk slot (Rezillos and the Jolt the other 2).

wattie exploited
9 hours ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

Craig Charles played Dead Cities on his Radio 6 show, about 3:15 this afternoon. :lol:

NEXT YEAR 2022 USA !!!!!!!!!!!

269741454_460342432120950_23758992109111996_n.thumb.jpg.ef316f57537347d2ccbcb8420a34ff1c.jpg

On 18/12/2021 at 16:24, Samuel Camazzola said:

Andy Murray has always claimed to be an Arsenal fan. His mum and brother make noises about Hibs but he's always distance himself from them and talks about Arsenal when interviewed. 

Im sure I've  heard him claim to he a Barcelona fan as he trained out in Spain as a kid

On 18/12/2021 at 23:10, Deodato said:

Jo Callis, who gets a songwriter credit for 'Don't You Want Me Baby' - anyone know which team he supports?

That song is a steady earner on the PRS, trust me.

He was a flatmate of a girl I knew in the very early eighties and they had a full size dalek in the hall. The flat was directly across from the Students Union in Potterrow above what was then called a go-go pub, the name of which escapes me. I got the impression that Jo had no interest in football whatsoever.  

13 hours ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

One word issed that rhymes would be ....junk.......want in good fettle ? listen to metal. 😀

On 20/12/2021 at 09:30, Rogue Daddy said:

Don't know about that... defo went to Juniper Green Primary for a short while. Year above me.

Yeah he was in my class in Primary at Juniper Green 

wattie exploited

start of 2022 hoping it goes ahead

On 22/12/2021 at 12:57, JackLadd said:

Wattie is clearly #1. 

hoping these gigs go ahead 

thumbnail_REAL PUNK ROCK TOUR 2022 (1).jpg

3 hours ago, wattie exploited said:

start of 2022 hoping it goes ahead

hoping these gigs go ahead 

thumbnail_REAL PUNK ROCK TOUR 2022 (1).jpg

That poster would look better with a stornoway date added.😉

scott herbertson
On 23/12/2021 at 11:47, henryheart said:

He was a flatmate of a girl I knew in the very early eighties and they had a full size dalek in the hall. The flat was directly across from the Students Union in Potterrow above what was then called a go-go pub, the name of which escapes me. I got the impression that Jo had no interest in football whatsoever.  

Tony's Eurodisco bar 

42 minutes ago, superjack said:

Would it be immature of me to admit that I giggled at "Aarshott de klinker"?

scott herbertson
30 minutes ago, henryheart said:

That's it! I was racking my brain and just couldn't remember.

Was quite a place back in the day - Tony introducing the 'ladeez' himself..

wattie exploited
9 hours ago, superjack said:

has any major bands ever played up in Stornoway   :rifle:

2 hours ago, wattie exploited said:

has any major bands ever played up in Stornoway   :rifle:

Well depends on your definition of major. When I was working as a roadie a certain well know pair of Edinburgh Hibs supporting twins and their band played the Seaforth Hotel (I think it was called) as part of a Highlands and Islands tour as a warm up for a UK tour. 

11 hours ago, Tazio said:

Well depends on your definition of major. When I was working as a roadie a certain well know pair of Edinburgh Hibs supporting twins and their band played the Seaforth Hotel (I think it was called) as part of a Highlands and Islands tour as a warm up for a UK tour. 

They've been up here a few times u fortunately. I've seen k t Tunstall, deacon blue up here at the heb celt festival. Van Morrison wad here a few years ago, with sea sick Steve and texas here in summer 2022. Big names (although not really my cup of tea), but seeing the exploited at the heb celt festival would be the mutts nuts.

Make it happen @wattie exploited.

wattie exploited
15 hours ago, Tazio said:

how many people live on Stornoway ?

3 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

how many people live on Stornoway ?

Lewis and Harris, the islands where Stornoway is, have about 21,000 folk, the Outer Hebrides about 27,000 in total. Stornoway itself has about 5,000.

• 4 weeks later...
On 23/12/2021 at 03:38, wattie exploited said:

NEXT YEAR 2022 USA !!!!!!!!!!!

269741454_460342432120950_23758992109111996_n.thumb.jpg.ef316f57537347d2ccbcb8420a34ff1c.jpg

Have my ticket, so (fingers crossed it's not cancelled) I'll be seeing you here in Harrisburg on May 21st. Cheers.

On 25/12/2021 at 07:53, redjambo said:

Lewis and Harris, the islands where Stornoway is, have about 21,000 folk, the Outer Hebrides about 27,000 in total. Stornoway itself has about 5,000.

But how many of those sheep farmers are into punk😂

On 18/12/2021 at 04:00, jambostuart said:

Unfortunately though his Edinburgh born guitarist Davey Johnstone has more Hibs leanings than Hearts. 

Went to see Elton John in 82/83 at the Playhouse. He introduced his backing band , and said " Davey Johnstone...who is a huge Hibs fan". And the answer is yes...of course I booed the ****.

On 17/12/2021 at 23:53, wattie exploited said:

I know quite a few of these people  in person we actually recorded in fishes studio down in haddington years ago but had to lock him out the studio as he had a habit of stealing bands songs fact !!!!!! :rifle:

I'll back that up...new a guy who worked at Uniroyal in Newbridge, had a band called Route 66 back in the 90's...Fish was at one of their gigs in a pub...next thing you know, one of their songs is in the charts with Marillion...song rebranded as Kayleigh.

1 hour ago, Canscot said:

But how many of those sheep farmers are into punk😂

Music for pumping sheep to, or so I heard.

26 minutes ago, superjack said:

Music for pumping sheep to, or so I heard.

They better have it playing at Tynie before the next game against Aberdeen then😉

7 hours ago, hoof.hearted said:

Went to see Elton John in 82/83 at the Playhouse. He introduced his backing band , and said " Davey Johnstone...who is a huge Hibs fan". And the answer is yes...of course I booed the ****.

Quite right too. As much as I love Elton having a Hibby as his guitarist is inexcusable. Not a name associated with HSL though.... do they have any real celebrity fans who actually contribute? 

10 hours ago, hoof.hearted said:

Went to Forrester High School tae in the West side of the city.  Traitor….

12 hours ago, cb1874 said:

I'll back that up...new a guy who worked at Uniroyal in Newbridge, had a band called Route 66 back in the 90's...Fish was at one of their gigs in a pub...next thing you know, one of their songs is in the charts with Marillion...song rebranded as Kayleigh.

So, Fish saw this band in the 90s, nicked their song, and time travelled back to the 80s to release it with a band that he was no longer part of in the 90s. Hibby, rock star... and time traveller. Some boy.

King Of The Cat Cafe

Please, mods, can you sort out the title of this thread?  The more it hangs around the more it makes my teeth ache.  

wattie exploited
41 minutes ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

Please, mods, can you sort out the title of this thread?  The more it hangs around the more it makes my teeth ache.  

go see your dentist then :rifle:

• davemclaren changed the title to hearts and hibs celebrity supporters