Is anyone opossed to Shabba being Hearts new manager?

Craigieboy

Thoughts on Laszlo?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Thoughts on Laszlo?

• I'd be happy
    • I would give him a chance
    • I think he's a poor choice
    • Aggie the tea lady wants him as her loverman

Would you be happy, would you give him a chance or do you think he would be a poor appointment?

Only a Game
Are you happy, will you give him a chance or do you think it is a poor appointment?

Concerned that he doesnt have much relevant experience, but if he's got 100% control then we're in a hell of a lot better position, manager wise, than we've been for 3 years.

Overall, happy but not delirious with joy, I suppose.

Cant see this shifting many ST's unless the signings get a bit more exciting that his appointment is.

POOR POOR POOR choice!! Two words should have ruled him out when ever his name was mentioned, UGANDA MANAGER.

yesterday on jkb i voted for holloway on a pole, within 5min i had reconsidered!!

i think its better to not have a 'brittish' manager at the helm, as they expect a club to be run a certain way(as do we all), and vlad just aint going to do it that way, so they would eventually clash and we would be smack at the start of another 7 month search!

what we need is someone who can coach players, imprint a football philosophy and style on the team, and get the best out of whats put in front of him. do to the nature of the way hearts is run the mngr dosnt need to be a contract expert or have a vast scouting network or be a dab hand in the transfer market, just a good coach!! i think between the two shabba is the better coach, were as holloway would be a better managerial appointmaent, but as ive said a manager isnt really the best idea.

Would you be happy, would you give him a chance or do you think he would be a poor appointment?

I would certainly give the guy a chance, seems to have done well enough as a national coach in Africa I think he will command respect from the players and that can't be a bad thing,we should go for him.

I think he'll be a poor appointment and can't particularly understand why people will be pleased with appointing a relative unknown with no British experience after 7 months of searching.

Johanes de Silentio

Wouldn't have been my choice, but beggars cannae be choosers, so we'll tak' just about anybody the noo!

If he can coach somebody elses players, and organise and motivate, then he'll have tae dae.

No way will the guy get 100% control.

Whoever IS appointed, let's support the guy, shall we?

Al.

More than happy with Shaba!

Think he will do a grand job. One or two mentioned the Uganda coach is not good enough, sorry...but guss hiddnk managed South Korea...untill he turned them around.... who were they in International football? Austrailia, who were they in International football?

Shaba, has done a good job with Uganda and beat the big african teams along the way. he has a decent record and I hope he gets the gig.

Indifferent. A manager with little experience is better than no manager.

Csaba will disappoint me but I will feel relief at gettng a manager in.

Drylaw Hearts

Not opposed but not over the moon either.

He'll have a lot of work to do but as long as he has 100% control then it's easier to judge him on signings and the results.

I have a fear that his lack of experience in British Football will work against him though.

And Ugandan football is probably even more backwater than Lithuanian.

POOR POOR POOR choice!! Two words should have ruled him out when ever his name was mentioned, UGANDA MANAGER.

I would be very interested to hear the depth of your argument! You may be correct in pointing out that Uganda is not an African football powerhouse, but he took them to the verge of qualification to the Nations Cup and is very highly rated there. I admit that he does not have a great depth to his cv, but feel his career is on an upward curve compared to others mentioned.

Not opposed but not over the moon either.

He'll have a lot of work to do but as long as he has 100% control then it's easier to judge him on signings and the results.

I have a fear that his lack of experience in British Football will work against him though.

Shouldn't we keep looking? :)

I'll give him a chance at least, I believe he'll be hamstrung by Vlads methods but I hope he'll do o.k

It doesn't matter who we bring in as that person won't have 100% control. if he's a yes man who's happy to put Vlad's players in the shop window he should last until Easter. Otherwise we'll be hunting for a manager before Christmas again.

At any other stage in our history, where he would have 100% control, he would be a poor choice.

We have had some decent managers with more relavant experince saying they would be willing to talk to us i.e. Billy Davis, santini, Hollaway etc but we end up with this guy! I doubt he will be a success and deep down every hearts fan must think this as well, if we appoint this guy we will be back to square one in 5months time max!

If we were all being honest if hibs had announced they were in talks with the Uganda manager we would be loving it, slating them, taking the p**s out of ugandin football etc but cause we are in talks with him suddenly he is the new jose mourhino in the making and he will turn all our troubles round!!

I will apoligise to everyone on this site if im proved wrong but i just cant see this guy being any different from any that have come before him.

ArmiyaRomanova
More than happy with Shaba!

Think he will do a grand job. One or two mentioned the Uganda coach is not good enough, sorry...but guss hiddnk managed South Korea...untill he turned them around.... who were they in International football? Austrailia, who were they in International football?

Shaba, has done a good job with Uganda and beat the big african teams along the way. he has a decent record and I hope he gets the gig.

Saved me some typing there.

Something new for the SPL, should be interesting......

grumpyespana

What the f.ck is wrong with some of you lot, you think our team is the bees and ees and we should go for a big named manager its time to get a relality check, the SPL is a mickey mouse league and a decent man would not come to the Jambos, this guy seems to have a half decent pedigree ( did he not hump us a few years ago ) so its time we gave him a chance jesus christ some of you lot are never happy thats my rant for the week.

Grumpy.

What the f.ck is wrong with some of you lot, you think our team is the bees and ees and we should go for a big named manager its time to get a relality check, the SPL is a mickey mouse league and a decent man would not come to the Jambos, this guy seems to have a half decent pedigree ( did he not hump us a few years ago ) so its time we gave him a chance jesus christ some of you lot are never happy thats my rant for the week.

Grumpy.

Stop.

Think.

Type.

I'm not sure we can say he'll disappoint - we may not do well but then it may not all be down to him. I think we all have to give him a fair crack of the whip and try to make the best of, lets face it, the only option we have.

vlad on the tyne

I would love to know how many boxes Csaba ticks in Romanov's remit for a new manager.

I know we ain't going to get wenger or mourinho or faatelainin but Casaba, why him?

Drylaw Hearts
Shouldn't we keep looking? :)

We should have gone to Plan C imo.

He could have been installed a month ago.

I'm not sure we can say he'll disappoint - we may not do well but then it may not all be down to him. I think we all have to give him a fair crack of the whip and try to make the best of, lets face it, the only option we have.

Either I was not clear or you simply misunderstood. I was talking about being disappointed with his appointment. Not so much prophesising (sp?) as to how I will feel further down the line.

What I would like to remind others is that Harri Kampman was good in Finland.

Drylaw Hearts

Grumpy.

:rolleyes:

George Burley.

We should have gone to Plan C imo.

He could have been installed a month ago.

As opposed to plan C as I was, I would probably agree that plan C would be better than Csaba.

Either I was not clear or you simply misunderstood. I was talking about being disappointed with his appointment. Not so much prophesising (sp?) as to how I will feel further down the line.

What I would like to remind others is that Harri Kampman was good in Finland.

Ahh sorry, I misunderstood you.

Johanes de Silentio

Or Scottish?

I will be content it csaba gets appointed wherever he has been he has a decent record I'm willing to give him a chance.

He may well turn out to be out of his depth but as long as we don't end up with a pyramid man we should get right behind the new manager and give them a fair chance.

Gigolo-Aunt

I dont exactly have the suspenders on with an orange in my mouth, but If he can improve the team like he did with the Uganda NT, then will be in a much better position.

Glad it is not Holloway.

100% control over picking the team hopefully.

TBH, Don't know much about him, but if he comes in and has 100% control of the team then we have to give Shabba at LEAST a Full Season before we judge him....If we don't win the league, get rid o the useless Romanian F....;)

A bit of a loaded question really, the real question is will this guy have full control of team selection? If he does'nt then the poll is Academic surely?

Drylaw Hearts
As opposed to plan C as I was, I would probably agree that plan C would be better than Csaba.

I think so aswell.

I assume plan C was JJ?

How does it work you get KB by Plan A

Plan B says not interested

We ignore Plan C and go to plan K or whatever?

We didn't really get any further than Plan A did we.

We've moved from CV to CV with no luck whatsoever.

I reckon Csaba is probably closer to 10th choice than he is to 1st.

Which is worrying.

Willing to give the guy a chance. Not completely convinced but is better than what we have had over the past few years. He needs to be given at least half a season IMO. If appointed he wont have too much time to put his stamp on the team and bring in the players he wants. Considering were coming from an 8th place finish, I hope peoples expectations arent to high.

john brownlee

Grumpy.

well said

just ignore the usual suspects they are self seeking publists with a hate for Anything Romanov that's more than their love for Hearts

Gigolo-Aunt
Do you think he will get that, bud?

I think he will at the start, I just dont think the guy would up sticks to Scotland when his stock was not that bad unless he had some guarantees.

How long those guarantees last, thats another thing mate.

Its time to see if the Fox can walk past the chicken pen.

Sorry to go all Eric Cantona.

:)

Drylaw Hearts
well said

just ignore the usual suspects they are self seeking publists with a hate for Anything Romanov that's more than their love for Hearts

See now I would say it's the love for Hearts that has made so many Anti-Romanov.

Watching his interference and bad decision making has taken it's toll on so many.

Drylaw Hearts
The " Miracle Man " will do for me.

:fing25:

It will be a "Miracle" if he's see's out his Contract.

Chad Sexington
I think he will at the start, I just dont think the guy would up sticks to Scotland when his stock was not that bad unless he had some guarantees.

How long those guarantees last, thats another thing mate.

Its time to see if the Fox can walk past the chicken pen.

Sorry to go all Eric Cantona.

:)

I'm just glad you've stopped talking about wearing sussies and putting oranges in your mouth.

:eek:

Gigolo-Aunt
It will be a "Miracle" if he's see's out his Contract.

In all honesty, I think you could have said that about whoever was appointed.

Drylaw Hearts
In all honesty, I think you could have said that about whoever was appointed.

Very true.

i don't believe any of us know how good this guy is going to be. romanov has a habit of employing clueless muppets for the job and all we can hope for is that he's got this appointment right. that being as long as he gets the job.

if the man has 100% control of the team and players we'll just have to judge for ourselves over the next few months if he is going to do the business but if he is a puppet and let's romanov interfere with who plays then we should hound him out and get on romanov's case again.

this appointment has to be right or the support are going to really have a go at romanov and his gang.

I haven't a clue whether it's a good appointment or not as apart from his one game against us I don't knnow if he's any good. Willing to give him a chance and hope we can now start talking about signings rather than who the next bloody manager is going to be.

Nookie Bear

For me, our team is in the same position we were in way back in June 2005.

At that time, a manager with this guy's previous would have been welcomed so i'll give him a chance and judge him (and Vlad) on results.

At leasthe has shown by managing a national team to some relative success that he can quickly organise and coach a group of players so there is hope he can get us moving forward by August 9th.

Miller Jambo 60
i don't believe any of us know how good this guy is going to be. romanov has a habit of employing clueless muppets for the job and all we can hope for is that he's got this appointment right. that being as long as he gets the job.

if the man has 100% control of the team and players we'll just have to judge for ourselves over the next few months if he is going to do the business but if he is a puppet and let's romanov interfere with who plays then we should hound him out and get on romanov's case again.

this appointment has to be right or the support are going to really have a go at romanov and his gang.

Whats he won

Buffalo Bill

Unlike Gigalo Aunt, I am sitting here in stockings and suspenders with an orange in my mouth.

What the hell: I'll give the guy a chance.

Buffalo Bill

Lets get a nice preparation, few new faces in few old out and bring on the Cabbage.

Think its time for the fans to get behind the team and give them every chance!!!

Moan the JT's

That is all I have to say.

The Puppeteer

I'm quietly confident on this guy. Assuming that Vald's interfering doesn't spoil his chances. For someone fairly young he's had success in both club and international football which is a pretty good sign that he's a quality coach.

Bring on the new season!

Archived