Jump to content

***Official Heart of Midlothian vs. St. Mirren matchday thread***


Recommended Posts

Never started one before and found it odd that it's Thursday and no one else had.

 

Quite confident we'll win this with goals to spare.

 

Heart of Midlothian 3 St. Mirren 1

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Hearts007

    40

  • Riccarton3

    36

  • milky_26

    34

  • Harry Potter

    34

Forever Hearts
5 minutes ago, martoon said:

Never started one before and found it odd that it's Thursday and no one else had.

 

Quite confident we'll win this with goals to spare.

 

Heart of Midlothian 3 St. Mirren 1

Probably because it is Thursday. The game is on Saturday.😁

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Probably because it is Thursday. The game is on Saturday.😁

 

True, but I've seen matchday threads for a Saturday game appear on Tuesday's and Wednesday's. 

 

Even Monday if it's a derby.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Pans Jambo

Draw or a defeat and for me...the baws burst! Mediocre season ahead.

 

A win gets us back in the fight and I think we will. 4-0 Hearts.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Mikey1874

The players responded well to the Aberdeen defeat. And we changed the formation. 

 

Motherwell is different I think as they showed the template to disrupt us. Can St Mirren match that? 

 

A good run of games coming up to reestablish form and results. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Got to be winning this one & think we will, 3-0 Hearts with Boycie getting on the scoresheet.

Link to post
Share on other sites
heisenberg86

Would love to rattle 4 or 5 in against them but got a feeling it will be a tough afternoon, 2-1 hearts 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1  or 2-0.

 

I think we shouldn't despair at the lack of goals but celebrate a win and a clean sheet.    Albeit in a distressed, sweating buckets, swearing for Scotland manner.   

 

Looking forward to it :lol: I'll be there.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
InternationalJambo

Hopefully a convincing win. 7 points over the next 4 games is the minimum we should be aiming for so the game on Saturday is huge. 

Edited by InternationalJambo
Link to post
Share on other sites
Tasavallan

I have given up predicting.  Cannot get outcome right never mind the result.  Probably a draw but who knows.  Not enough balls n the box for my liking.

Link to post
Share on other sites
weegie jambo

After the sheep and well games teams have worked out how to beat us. I think St Liedown have the ability to hurt us so we're going to have to be at our best to beat them. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a few changes maybe an extra man in midfield. I hope we have the confidence to continue on from the DU game but I fear our confidence has been knocked after the well result.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Bongo 1874

Midfield battle again will need to be won, they have Power in the middle who in recent seasons done quite well coming to Tynecastle with Killie. 

 

 

Connor Ronan on loan from wolves, rate him highly very intelligent Player with Mcgrath being the link up man from Midfield too Attack. 

 

So we might be overrun in Midfield again if we play 343. 

 

That said im confident that if we approach the game in the right manner, we should win. 

 

Brophy will need to be man marked likes a goal against us, and tbh wouldn't mind him as backup at Hearts. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
InternationalJambo
2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Midfield battle again will need to be won, they have Power in the middle who in recent seasons done quite well coming to Tynecastle with Killie. 

 

 

Connor Ronan on loan from wolves, rate him highly very intelligent Player with Mcgrath being the link up man from Midfield too Attack. 

 

So we might be overrun in Midfield again if we play 343. 

 

That said im confident that if we approach the game in the right manner, we should win. 

 

Brophy will need to be man marked likes a goal against us, and tbh wouldn't mind him as backup at Hearts. 

Been very impressed with Ronan this season. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
JamboGraham

St Mirren have been decent on the road this season. Only Celtic and Rangers have won more away points. Also plenty goals in their away matches 10 for and 14 against. They have also scored first in the majority of their away matches. This team likes to have a go in away matches. This is definitely good news for us.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Bongo 1874
Just now, InternationalJambo said:

Been very impressed with Ronan this season. 

 

 

Could Mceneff be similar? Think him and Walker deserve a chance. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
PapaShango
23 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

 

 

Could Mceneff be similar? Think him and Walker deserve a chance. 

McEneff I get giving a chance but not sure about Walker. Maybe 15 minutes off the bench, any longer and he struggles with the pace of the game and doesn't have the legs. Think we need to go at them early and get an early goal. I'm pretty confident we will win this one but it's Hearts so you just never know. Surely got to be some kind of reaction to the dross served up last weekend. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

3-0 Hearts but wish I felt more confident this will be the outcome.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Who knows what Hearts team will show up these days.  The one that played so well v dufc and livi, or the Dundee, Aberdeen, Motherwell one. We're so inconsistent. 

 

We need to be winning this one. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Did I get it right, btw? 

 

Three stars to start and finish, "official" in the thread title etc.

 

I know how important these things are on Kickback. 😊

Link to post
Share on other sites
lost in space
1 hour ago, Tasavallan said:

I have given up predicting.  Cannot get outcome right never mind the result.  Probably a draw but who knows.  Not enough balls n the box for my liking.

Agree re trying to predict.

Re more balls into box - yes but we have to have more players getting to box too.

I can see, playing wingback AND wingers (ish), what we are trying to do but if ball is coming in from the right, we need the left "winger" and left w/back as well as 1 of the midfield players to be attacking the box.

St Mirren are likely to score, so we need 2.

Link to post
Share on other sites
InternationalJambo
1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

 

 

Could Mceneff be similar? Think him and Walker deserve a chance. 

Hopefully he starts this weekend. RN has been adamant he hasn’t gotten in the team because of performance levels of other players. Think it’ll be his chance on Saturday. 

Edited by InternationalJambo
Link to post
Share on other sites
gregzy2k7

7-0 Hearts. Their getting it dry! Enjoy the game to all who are going you lucky buggers, wish I could be there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Rogue Daddy
40 minutes ago, martoon said:

Did I get it right, btw? 

 

Three stars to start and finish, "official" in the thread title etc.

 

I know how important these things are on Kickback. 😊

👏👏👏 Bravo! Bravo! Good job, professionally done, spelling correct. I'd give you 9/10*

 

*dropped point for leaving it until Thursday. 😉

Link to post
Share on other sites

3-0 St Mirren.

 

Gordon to get a season-ending injury.

 

The torrent of abuse directed at the players will see Beni and Devlin leave the club in January.

 

Souttar will refuse to play so he doesn't get hurt after signing a free contract with Celtic.

 

James Anderson to turn off the financial tap as he starts to fund Edinburgh City.

 

It's not all bad news though. At 6pm Bologna will announce over the weekend that they have accepted a £40million bid for Hickey.

 

Just a shame there was no sell-on.

 

**** it. 4-0 St Mirren

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

👏👏👏 Bravo! Bravo! Good job, professionally done, spelling correct. I'd give you 9/10*

 

*dropped point for leaving it until Thursday. 😉

 

👍😄

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm bored out my tits today and have been looking at red cards in games.  9 so far this season with games involving Hearts and St Mirren.   I can see one on Saturday.  Hopefully to those *****.

 

No shock that the OF have seen none in the leage but several in Europe.

 

 

  Red Cards For Red Cards Against
Celtic 0 3
Rangers 0 2
Aberdeen 2 3
Hibs 4 1
St Johnstone 2 2
Motherwell 2 1
Dundee United 2 2
Hearts 2 1
Livingston 2 0
Ross County 0 2
Dundee   2 1
St mirren 3 3

 

 

Note : This is Premier League only

Edited by i8hibsh
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Midfield battle again will need to be won, they have Power in the middle who in recent seasons done quite well coming to Tynecastle with Killie. 

 

 

Connor Ronan on loan from wolves, rate him highly very intelligent Player with Mcgrath being the link up man from Midfield too Attack. 

 

So we might be overrun in Midfield again if we play 343. 

 

That said im confident that if we approach the game in the right manner, we should win. 

 

Brophy will need to be man marked likes a goal against us, and tbh wouldn't mind him as backup at Hearts. 

He has scored 3 goals against us in 6 years. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Rogue Daddy
9 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I'm bored out my tits today and have been looking at red cards in games.  9 so far this season with games involving Hearts and St Mirren.   I can see one on Saturday.  Hopefully to those *****.

 

No shock that the OF have seen none in the leage but several in Europe.

 

 

  Red Cards For Red Cards Against
Celtic 0 3
Rangers 0 2
Aberdeen 2 3
Hibs 4 1
St Johnstone 2 2
Motherwell 2 1
Dundee United 2 2
Hearts 2 1
Livingston 2 0
Ross County 0 2
Dundee   2 1
St mirren 3 3

 

 

Note : This is Premier League only

These are the type of stats that highlight the disparities between the uglies and the rest, when it comes to referees and their bias. Seen some stats lately about card to foul ratios… while all premier clubs were between 4-6 (IIRC) Celtic were at 12 fouls to every card!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

These are the type of stats that highlight the disparities between the uglies and the rest, when it comes to referees and their bias. Seen some stats lately about card to foul ratios… while all premier clubs were between 4-6 (IIRC) Celtic were at 12 fouls to every card!

 

 

I would love a foul to card ratio stat for all teams since say 2000 or something.  There would be no surprises but at least we would have the proof.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually 8 red cards involving the 2 teams as 1 of them was in the same game so counts as a for and against

 

Me

 

:jj_facepalm:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Rogue Daddy
9 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

 

 

I would love a foul to card ratio stat for all teams since say 2000 or something.  There would be no surprises but at least we would have the proof.

…well, if you’re not busy tomorrow…. 👍

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

…well, if you’re not busy tomorrow…. 👍

 

 

Hahaha that would be some project that.

Link to post
Share on other sites

You would need 38 weeks of 6 games per week BBC match stats for the past 21 years

 

:wow:

Link to post
Share on other sites

About 5,000 games.

 

I wonder if Green Ginger across the road has something he maintains.

Link to post
Share on other sites
lost in space
1 hour ago, Longbaws said:

3-0 St Mirren.

 

Gordon to get a season-ending injury.

 

The torrent of abuse directed at the players will see Beni and Devlin leave the club in January.

 

Souttar will refuse to play so he doesn't get hurt after signing a free contract with Celtic.

 

James Anderson to turn off the financial tap as he starts to fund Edinburgh City.

 

It's not all bad news though. At 6pm Bologna will announce over the weekend that they have accepted a £40million bid for Hickey.

 

Just a shame there was no sell-on.

 

**** it. 4-0 St Mirren

 

 

Aye but if the hobos lose, it will still be a fun day.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Rogue Daddy
28 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

You would need 38 weeks of 6 games per week BBC match stats for the past 21 years

 

:wow:

😳… I’ll leave it with you!

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Aye but if the hobos lose, it will still be a fun day.

**** me if that actually happened I would never watch football again.

 

Seeing the shite lose would do little to ease that sort of pain.

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Aye but if the hobos lose, it will still be a fun day.

Party time 😂😀🎉🎈🍺

Link to post
Share on other sites
weegie jambo
3 hours ago, Agentjambo said:

Think we should change formation to

4-2-3-1 with Woodburn,McEneff and McKay the 3 behind Boyce.

I'm thinking Robbie might just go for a this set up. Might be time for a change.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • JKBMod 12 featured and unfeatured this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...