Csaba in Edinburgh for talks.

Dr. Bapswent

Dr. Bapswent

http://sport.scotsman.com/football/Csaba-in-Edinburgh-for-Hearts.4274750.jp

Csaba in Edinburgh for Hearts boss job talks

Published Date: 10 July 2008

By BARRY ANDERSON

LASZLO CSABA is in Edinburgh for talks with Hearts as the Tynecastle club edge nearer to appointing a new manager, the Evening News can reveal.

The Hungarian watched the squad train at Riccarton for the first time this morning, accompanied by Ukio Bankas Investment Group official Mindaugas Nikolicius. Csaba has intimated a desire to leave his job as national coach of Uganda in order to pursue the Hearts vacancy.

He held discussions with Nikolicius today and is now the leading candidate to become the club's new manager, provided contract terms and compensation for the Ugandan Football Federation can be agreed.

Csaba, a former coach of Ferencvaros and Borussia Monchengladbach, is keen to return to club football after coaching the African nation. He told sources in Kampala, the Ugandan capital, that he would be resigning with the intention of joining Hearts.

"The search for a likely replacement has already started in the background. We would have liked him to stay, but all indications are that he is leaving. We have already drafted an advert for the job," said Rogers Mulindwa, the Ugandan Federation's media officer.

"We cannot sit back and have our arms crossed until Csaba acts. We have to start looking now," Mulindwa added.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully that will be that then.

Maybe not the best contender out there but the time for mucking around is over. Get him in and give him some time to do the job and stamp his own ideas on the team.

I know beggars can't be choosers but something tells me I'd feel more comfortable with Holloway

I know beggars can't be choosers but something tells me I'd feel more comfortable with Holloway

I think he is a bit too off the wall for Vlad in all honesty. I think they would Clash, I also think Vlad needs an articulate understanding manager who can understand whow he wants to work. Holloway would not be able to do that!

CornhillHearts

"You being serious?"

What would you know, did you not say Glen is with 19s all season?

You being serious?

aye, 100%

is there something wrong with this guys credentials ?

he ticks all the boxes for me.

Hans von Luck

Have a good feeling about this guy and think he will take no nonsence from any slackers at the club. :)

Discipline is one thing that had been lacking especially with "Shaggy".

The Boss is never your mate.

One things for sure Csaba Ranks or Holloway

My god have they got their work cut out!

"You being serious?"

What would you know, did you not say Glen is with 19s all season?

Is he now training with the first team?

aye, 100%

Wonder who his assistant will be ? Robbo maybee:)

aye, 100%

He's hardly got me running to Tynecastle to renew, sure plenty others who were waiting to see the new manager will be the same.

Ugandan National coach, couldn't write it.

CornhillHearts

Do not know not seen them training at close quarters but why would they have him on the Hearts site talking about it?.

Do not know not seen them training at close quarters but why would they have him on the Hearts site talking about it?.

Talking about what? Can you be specific?

At least we would have someone in place and he's outside the pyramid. He's done a decent job at other clubs, so let's see how he can do.

I still think we must bring in someone with SPL experience onto the coaching staff to help, ideally with some kind of Hearts connection.

He's hardly got me running to Tynecastle to renew, sure plenty others who were waiting to see the new manager will be the same.

Ugandan National coach, couldn't write it.

Would it sound better if he was still @ borussia monchengladbach or Fernvacos (Spelling). The guy has experience German football, also in Uefa cup, Champ league, European experience @ national level and African nations.

Now compare that with Butcher, thor, or Holloway. He is a good appointment imo

I'd take Csaba

I dont think he is the sort of choice it should have taken 7 months to secure, and as a foreign coach with no experience of British football he is riskier than I would like (I cant be bothered with people defending another 7 months search from this coming January in the event that he doesnt adapt to the SPL or he falls out with Romanov)

However, he is better than most of the other jokers touted as being in the running.

He has international experience with Hungary where he worked with Matheus. He has European experience through Ferncvaros. He has spent a lot of his formative years in a coaching sense in Germany - which should be a very good coaching grounding for western european football, work ethic, organisation etc

He has proven he can succeed outwith his homeland (unlike Weiss) - and people can criticise African football all they like but he got very good results against teams which would give Scotland a good game, and working in an African country could not have been a walk in the park for him

And I like the cut of his jib from what interviews I have sourced.

IF he is fully autonomous, I'd be pleased with this guy. Not delighted. Not hugely excited. But not deflated, gutted or feeling like I had been a victim of some sort of sick joke - like I have done on every management change at Hearts since Burley was emptied.

But if he is here now, and watching training, and in the process of resigning elsewhere.

CAN WE PLEASE JUST GET THE FECKER SIGNED UP SO WE CAN START ARGUING ABOUT SOMETHING ELSE!!!

Guest Dipped Flake

Would be quite happy if he gets the job but why are so many assuming that Anderson has it right this time; he hasn't exactly got a good record on that front???

Guest JamboRobbo
I'm happy.

Probably the morphine. And do you need reminding you were happy when Frail was appointed! :P

Would it sound better if he was still @ borussia monchengladbach or Fernvacos (Spelling). The guy has experience German football, also in Uefa cup, Champ league, European experience @ national level and African nations.

Now compare that with Butcher, thor, or Holloway. He is a good appointment imo

Butcher, Thor and Holloway wouldn't stand to be Vlad's puppet, that's why they won't be coming.

This guy is stranded in Uganda on 40k p.a, he'd take anything in Europe on any terms. No doubt he's just a face for the media and body in the dugout. Vlad calls the shots!

The Mighty Thor
I'm happy.

Genuinely happy Dex or relieved that we finally appear to be about to make an appointment?

The Old Tolbooth
Underwhelmed.

Why?

Who were you expecting?

Gullit? Klinsman? Rikyaard? Ferguson?

I think some folk need to come back into the real world. If we get "Shabba" then his pedigree imo is somewhat better than Mark McGhees, Ian Holloways, Jim Jeffries and the likes and would definitely get me renewing!

I think this would be a very decent appointment if it works out, however I'm not getting too excited just yet as these things have a habit of going tits up.

the voice from above
I'm happy.

Well if you're happy Dex i'm happy, unless you've just upped the morphine dosage...;)

This guy is stranded in Uganda on 40k p.a, he'd take anything in Europe on any terms. No doubt he's just a face for the media and body in the dugout. Vlad calls the shots!

Well we'll find out in relatively short term

Couldn't access the link. If indeed he's been put back to the first team I can only assume it's because Pinilla has been sent packing and Nade's subject of bids. I reported he's in the 19s when he first reported for training days before the first team and that is where he was told he'd be.

Hardly my fault if we're offloading strikers and he's been promoted again.

Hopefully that will be that then.

Maybe not the best contender out there but the time for mucking around is over. Get him in and give him some time to do the job and stamp his own ideas on the team[/b].

Hope you right but, cant see the above being the case can you?

Having read his Wikipedia entry some things make sense. I also think he has been signed up undercover for a while.

He is actually Romanian born and educated. He speaks Romanian, Hungarian, English and German.

Angel mysteriously returns to the club. Who is Romanian.

I have an inkling that this was conducted in the same way as the McGhee business and the club pinned their hopes before paper was signed.

The Old Tolbooth
I'd take Csaba

I dont think he is the sort of choice it should have taken 7 months to secure, and as a foreign coach with no experience of British football

I had the same reservations mate, however I'm consoling myself with the fact that he had no experience of African football before he went their either, and he turned out to be a revelation in Ugandan nationals eyes.

I think the guy has shown that he's able to adapt. ;)

Happy with that.

Now lets get him in and get the next all important stage of preperation started.

Jim Jefferies

John Hughes

Gus MacPherson

Jimmy Calderwood

Gordon Strachan

Billy Reid

Craig Levein

Walter Smith

Mark McGhee

Craig Brewster

Mixu Paatelainen

I reckon experience wise he stands out between that bunch...

MOAN THE HEARTS!

The Old Tolbooth
Would rate Hearts chances of closing the deal no higher than 30% !

To me, that's the worry mate, Vlad (as far as deals with managers go) couldn't even close a flippin door!

Is this him? Bit of an odd looking fellow. Looks like he'd bite your face off/

csaba laszlo mti_thumb.jpg

My personal thought is that it doesn't really matter who we appoint as the manager. Vlad's interference in things he knows nothing about will make any "managers" job well nigh impossible. Hopefully the club can start searching for the next manager now so that when Csaba leaves the club by "mutual consent" about Xmas time we won't have just so long to wait till the next puppet is trotted out.

That said, if he gets the job I wish him all the best. My god he'll need it.

Is this him? Bit of an odd looking fellow. Looks like he'd bite your face off/

I think you may have the economist of the same name, or maybe the architect. This is the footballing one.

20070606laszlo245.jpg

marshallschunkychicken
Having read his Wikipedia entry some things make sense. I also think he has been signed up undercover for a while.

He is actually Romanian born and educated. He speaks Romanian, Hungarian, English and German.

Angel mysteriously returns to the club. Who is Romanian.

I have an inkling that this was conducted in the same way as the McGhee business and the club pinned their hopes before paper was signed.

Is Chervenkov not Bulgarian?

I think you may have the economist of the same name, or maybe the architect. This is the footballing one.

20070606laszlo245.jpg

He looks like another face biter. Surprised Robbo was so brave.

Is Chervenkov not Bulgarian?

Yes he is.

I was wrong. Damn it, seemed like a great conspiracy as well.

Archived