It Was 30 Years Ago Today

martoon

millerjames398
26 minutes ago, martoon said:

I called it "one of the best" shed days in the op but it's quite possibly the best. 👍

Definitely, everyone singin all the way up to haymarket after the game, shaking and bangin on any double decker busses, that had scum on board,,just an amazing day...especially after they went one up, i thought here we go again😆🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

8 hours ago, martoon said:

Hard to believe but it's 3 decades since that brilliant day at Tynecastle v. Celtic.

It looked like the same old story with Celtic ahead at half time. Early in the second half Henry, with his gravity defying, twist in the air save, kept us in it and what followed was one of the best shed days ever.

Three goals in 20 glorious minutes, mates lost, found, then lost again at each celebration and singing "Always Look on the Bright Side..." solidly for the last 5 minutes.

Can't post a link to the highlights on the phone and would be very grateful if someone could.

What's your memories?

It was a magic day that,what a second half,    and brilliant atmosphere, up to the old Laurie's bar after it,  to celebrate, these days don't come along to often,  but when they do '   they are unforgettable, can remember  watching the highlights mega times...🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻👍👍👍

34 minutes ago, millerjames398 said:

Definitely, everyone singin all the way up to haymarket after the game, shaking and bangin on any double decker busses, that had scum on board,,just an amazing day...especially after they went one up, i thought here we go again😆🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

28 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

It was a magic day that,what a second half,    and brilliant atmosphere, up to the old Laurie's bar after it,  to celebrate, these days don't come along to often,  but when they do '   they are unforgettable, can remember  watching the highlights mega times...🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻👍👍👍

Back to the Nirvana, soon to be Ardmillan, Hotel for us and a long, cracking night. 

I recorded the highlights and watched it many times, too.

August 91 to the Aberdeen disaster in January 92, was a great time. 

The future emailers winning the LC was a bit of a cant but still...

My first ever game, and glorious in the green tree after. To think I went up from Newcastle looking for a ticket anywhere so I could have ended up a 'tic fan, fortunately got a ticket right amongst the shed and that was it 

millerjames398
18 hours ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

Welcome

THAT SAVE. I stood next to the Shed just above an old exit so had a clear view of it. Jaw-dropping stuff (as opposed to ball dropping). Loved Henry. 

Loved how after his save, from the resulting corner, Henry grabs the ball comfortably...then sliced his kick out the park😆...absolutely loved big Henry. 

Goldstone Wonder

It was a fantastic afternoon. We played really well in the second half. What a save from Henry.

Probably my second favourite game against Celtic in the old Tynie behind the cup game in March '87 which was epic.  

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

What a great few months they were. Brilliant afternoon, and about 7 weeks later we scored two in a minute and beat them through there as well. 

On 16/11/2021 at 22:51, Doc Rob said:

I remember that week well. I was in first year at Uni.

I was a medical JHO. Thirty years hard labour in the Nash. 

Edited by schillaci

SectionDJambo

I, and many others, have a permanent reminder of that very cold day. The painting print by Peter Watson. There is a glaring mistake, or artistic license on it. The fans behind the goal in the old Gorgie Road end are shown as Hearts fans. That was the away end back then.

Nevertheless, it brings back a great memory. 

16 hours ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

What a great few months they were. Brilliant afternoon, and about 7 weeks later we scored two in a minute and beat them through there as well. 

Up there with one of my favourite away days.  I actually thought Henry's save at Parkhead was better than the one that this thread is highlighting.

8 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

I, and many others, have a permanent reminder of that very cold day. The painting print by Peter Watson. There is a glaring mistake, or artistic license on it. The fans behind the goal in the old Gorgie Road end are shown as Hearts fans. That was the away end back then.

Nevertheless, it brings back a great memory. 

Iirc, it was originally Celtic fans in the foreground but it was hastily changed.

I may have imagined or dreamt that, mind. 😊

14 hours ago, cookieboy said:

Sitting ???? haha 

hahaha! You can clearly tell I was a veteran of the auld terracing eh 🤦🏻‍♂️😂