2020/21 accounts/AGM - shareholders presentation/Q&A announced ( updated )

Swanny17

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jambo 4 Ever

• davemclaren

• jamboinglasgow

• RobNox

Carl Fredrickson

FoH & benefactors are vital to us. Only read the website but a £2m net profit in that period is great news. 

Will let others with more finance knowledge look into the detail and explain it to folk like me.

Just now, Carl Fredrickson said:

FoH & benefactors are vital to us. Only read the website but a £2m net profit in that period is great news. 

Will let others with more finance knowledge look into the detail and explain it to folk like me.

To turn a 2 million profit during a bad financial year is excellent. Compare to Rangers most recent accounts and it’s night and day. 

Am I right in saying based on the figures, we only got over £1m for Hickey?

These figures do highlight how important FOH is. 

Edited by Ari Gold

Not read the detail yet but that profit for this period of time is pretty astonishing.   Remarkable really.   Every FOH contributor, take a bow.   Very fortunate to have such amazing fans, including the benefactors.  We’re clearly in good shape on and off the pitch now 😊

4 minutes ago, Ari Gold said:

Yes. But I guess they could be they are paying the amount in instalments.

lost in space

Do the figures include the "gift" from the Scottish Government - given as we were in Championship (as apposed to the Prem League loans)?

6 minutes ago, Ari Gold said:

The fee was circa £1.4M but we had to give Celtic 30% IIRC?

The £6.385m  Donations figure comes from

Donations from benefactors £4.715m
Donations from FOH £1.666m

Others £4k

Cheers Mr Anderson 👍

Edited by Poseidon

1 minute ago, Poseidon said:

The £6.385m  Donations figure comes from

Donations from benefactors 4,715 3,000
Donations from FOH 1,666 603

Cheers Mr Anderson 👍

We are very fortunate indeed.  Can’t really expect anything other than significant losses for this period and we’ve turned in a profit.  😎 

5 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Yes. But I guess they could be they are paying the amount in instalments.

Fair point. 

3 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

Also fair point. Forgot about this. 

Just seems frustratingly cheap considering how he's went on to play over there. Our hands were tied I suppose. 

£6.3 million in donations.  Assuming £1.3 from FoH then Mr Anderson gave us £5 million.  Jesus, adopt me you amazing man!!!!!

1 minute ago, Heartsofgold said:

£6.3 million in donations.  Assuming £1.3 from FoH then Mr Anderson gave us £5 million.  Jesus, adopt me you amazing man!!!!!

£4.7m 👍

15 minutes ago, Ari Gold said:

Net gain so factor in other transfers too

Just now, Perth to Paisley said:

When I hit download I fully expected to be taken directly to 

www.hibs.net/hibinomics

Hahahahaha thought the same mate. Not interested in any comments on here until the leith mob have read, dissected and came up with the bottom line…..

It's called running a business correctly.

It's not about donations or benefactors or FOH.

It's about running a business within its means. Dr A Budge is the best thing that ever happened to Hearts.

2 minutes ago, Perth to Paisley said:

www.hibs.net/hibinomics

They'll be spunking their sisters frillies after getting their hands on that kind of bedtime reading.

How much did we nick from the Poppy Fund this year?  £5 Million?  :smuggy: 

3 minutes ago, jambo19 said:

Net gain so factor in other transfers too

Net gain was £900k odd. There's a bit that shows the breakdown of incoming transfer fees and outgoing transfer fees. The outgoing fee will be for Mceneff I assume. 

Edited by Ari Gold

2 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

£4.7m 👍

Bet those scag injecting scumbags from Leith wish Ron the Con pumped £4.7 million onto their shite hole of a club.

Turnover was down by £4.6m and should be back very close to £12.5m this year I would imagine. Despite there being additional costs which we managed to recoup via furlough scheme which we will occur at full running we must be pretty close to break even if we include FoH donations but had no benefactor donations this coming year. 

Depends how much we get for Soapy in January I suppose 😬

Bazzas right boot

Demoted. 

Nae fans

Covid 

It will end us... 

Report a £2m net profit. 

Come back up and sit 3rd, with our ch who recovered from injury scoring winning international goals and our gk saving penalties!! 

:jambobanana:

Only downer is them 2 ****ing penalties😢, imagine we had a sc in the bag as well! 

:scenes:

Edited by Smith's right boot
Ooh, I forgot - fan owned as well!

11 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

Looks like £4.2M from JA.  £500K from elsewhere

"During the year, the company received £4.2m (2020 - £3m) in donations from a director. This amount is included within the £4.7m (2020 - £3m) donations from benefactors within note 9."

20 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

Could be wrong but I thought Celtic got nothing the way Budge structured the deal. I thought it was a £1M loan, then sign as a free agent the year later when free 

That is a very healthy looking position to be in. With the crowds back in and hospitality regularly selling out hopefully we're generating a good profit this year too. Looks like only part of the actual cash for the Hickey deal has been received by June 2021 which would explain why only around £220k of player registration income is shown in the Cash Flow statement.

August Landmesser
16 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Hahahahaha thought the same mate. Not interested in any comments on here until the leith mob have read, dissected and came up with the bottom line…..

Key question: do the figures include raids on this year's poppy tins or last year's?

:wonga:

20 minutes ago, Perth to Paisley said:

www.hibs.net/hibinomics

They,ve started a thread already,must be spewing

If anyone is interested - Hibs comments from March 2021 - still more losses to come from that mob 

The financial statements cover the suspended 2019-2020 playing season. The suspension had a negative impact on the Club’s financial performance, with turnover down 17% to £8.9m from £10.8m the previous year. This decrease in turnover increased the Wages to Turnover ratio to 74% compared to 59% for the previous year. However, the Club received approximately £0.5m of income from the United Kingdom’s Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme, which adjusted the wage to turnover ratio to 68%.

Although some operating costs were cut due to the early conclusion of the season, the Club still recorded an operating loss of £1.4m, and ultimately a net loss of £1.2 million in the year. 

Obviously so much needs to be said for those working at the club, FOH and the supporters for getting the club through this period.

Special mention for Mr Anderson though, if I was ever a rich and successful business man I would be pumping cash into the JTs as well. The man’s living the dream!

Don’t even want to think about the standard of player we would have been shopping for in the summer if it wasn’t for that man.

18 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

Key question: do the figures include raids on this year's poppy tins or last year's?

:wonga:

That's who the benefactors are :whistling: 

40 odd years supporting hearts and never seen figures like that. Long way from Haggart’s them being splashed for sale on the Pinks front page   Outstanding 

The support from FoH is now flowing to the club's finances.

But it is dwarfed by the incredible cash coming in from James Anderson.  No individual in the club's history can ever have put in more.

scott herbertson
2 minutes ago, Coco said:

The support from FoH is now flowing to the club's finances.

But it is dwarfed by the incredible cash coming in from James Anderson.  No individual in the club's history can ever have put in more.

True

Collectively Hibs  have donated well over his contribution though - think of the additional revenues from 2006, 2012, and the added season ticket sales and merchandise from a long series of drubbings.

kingantti1874

Thankyou to James Anderson, thank you Ann , other unnamed benefactors and every single fan who puts their hands in their pockets.  

the last 2 years will be some of the the most challenging in the history of the club and we have got through it unscathed due to the generosity of the people supporting the club

50 minutes ago, Disco Dave said:

Looks like £4.2M from JA.  £500K from elsewhere

"During the year, the company received £4.2m (2020 - £3m) in donations from a director. This amount is included within the £4.7m (2020 - £3m) donations from benefactors within note 9."

Would the 500k for being in Championship from Gov be the missing money?

Bazzas right boot
28 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Jesus he's given us 7 million the last 2 years!

Cheers big man!

Imagine if he kept that up as we generate our own pwoooper income again, rathe than  giving it to us as it was needed. 

Be like 50% on our wage bill. 

:munny:

Edited by Smith's right boot

• davemclaren changed the title to 2020/21 accounts/AGM - shareholders presentation/Q&A announced ( updated )