Today’s Scotland Today and Reporting Scotland

JamboBoy

Is it just me or is anyone else on here appalled that the announcement of Gerrard leaving Rangers was the top story on both these programs today? Here was me thinking that Remembrance might be the top story but no Stevie Boy going to Villa tops that. We really are on the road to nowhere if this is where we are headed. 
I know given the tv media west coast bias I should not really be surprised but feel we must speak up on this shameful conduct. As part of this being subjected to insightful comments on the topic by the general public of Glasgow, Kenny Miller and Steven Thompson just adds to the pain of watching it.

Thoughts?

13 minutes ago, JamboBoy said:

Is it just me or is anyone else on here appalled that the announcement of Gerrard leaving Rangers was the top story on both these programs today? Here was me thinking that Remembrance might be the top story but no Stevie Boy going to Villa tops that. We really are on the road to nowhere if this is where we are headed. 
I know given the tv media west coast bias I should not really be surprised but feel we must speak up on this shameful conduct. As part of this being subjected to insightful comments on the topic by the general public of Glasgow, Kenny Miller and Steven Thompson just adds to the pain of watching it.

Thoughts?

It's not called Misreporting Scotland for nothing. 

27 minutes ago, JamboBoy said:

Thoughts?

Ridiculous amount of coverage on Radio Scotland drivetime news program too.

If people don't tune in that would be a start.  I would not piss on MSM.  I avoid it all.

I also do this with the BAME Broadcasting Corporation.

Edited by i8hibsh

been here before
2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

If people don't tune in that would be a start.  I would not piss on MSM.  I avoid it all.

I also do this with the BAME Broadcasting Corporation.

Edgy as **** there Pwincess.

To Be fair it is major news ... in as much as a few wives will be in accident and emergency on the back of that news... mind you we won't hear anything about that.

part_time_jambo
33 minutes ago, JamboBoy said:

Thoughts?

Don't forget yesterday's insightful comment from Richard Guff (where did they dig him up from?). It was along the lines of " if Gerrard wants to take the Villa job he will, if he doesn't want it he will stay". Hope they didn't pay him to come out with that.

Clearly the goings on at Ipox are far more newsworthy than the millions who sacrificed themselves so we can live the life we live? 🤦‍♂️
No?

Briefly mentioned on English tv. It was like Gerrard to villa. Good night and don't have nightmares. I can imagine the media in Scotland making it sound like some major coup for Villa. Nobody is bothered in England. 

Das Viertel Hearts

BritNat media general sly purpose is to churn out BritNat flavoured chew chunks...

Hey presto today's headlines!!! 

I hold the Beano and Dandy in higher  esteem !!! 

3rd gen jambo

When the BBC got over the Stevie G to Villa top story they went on to mention Remembrance but referred to “The Scottish War Museum” at Edinburgh Castle. It’s a MEMORIAL not a “museum” but it’s in Edinburgh so it really doesn’t matter to the Glasgow Broadcasting Corporation. 

1 hour ago, 3rd gen jambo said:

When the BBC got over the Stevie G to Villa top story they went on to mention Remembrance but referred to “The Scottish War Museum” at Edinburgh Castle. It’s a MEMORIAL not a “museum” but it’s in Edinburgh so it really doesn’t matter to the Glasgow Broadcasting Corporation. 

Their ability to get even the simplest of things totally wrong is staggering. Rank amateurs, or total buffoons. I’m at a loss to decide which fits the bill.

Both the Glasgow twins should be starting to realise they're not that big a deal after Leicester and Villa can steal their managers mid season.....

3 hours ago, JamboBoy said:

Thoughts?

These kind of stories get headline treatment on uk news as well 

Just a general dumbing down of news , happens everywhere

Forever Hearts
3 hours ago, Marvin said:

Briefly mentioned on English tv. It was like Gerrard to villa. Good night and don't have nightmares. I can imagine the media in Scotland making it sound like some major coup for Villa. Nobody is bothered in England. 

Really? It's been all over Sky Sports News and Talksport the entire day.

5 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Perhaps more with the slant it’s Gerard ex Liverpool and England star player being appointed. Along with the lazy ‘won a title’ (but only silverware in 3 yrs, in a shooting fish in a barrel environment)

3 hours ago, Savage Vince said:

I'm surprised the top story wasn't how bad oil is for Scotland's economy.. 

It actually is bad for Scotlands economy.

Another vindication as to why I seldom watch any news programmes these days.  Better informed reading news online.

Edited by colinmaroon

3 hours ago, 3rd gen jambo said:

2 hours ago, Deevers said:

Their ability to get even the simplest of things totally wrong is staggering. Rank amateurs, or total buffoons. I’m at a loss to decide which fits the bill.

I never saw the program being ripped to shreds here but Edinburgh Castle houses both the Scottish War Museum and the Scottish War Memorial. 

6-7 pm is The Big Bang Theory hour.

Who needs Reporting Scotland Today when Kaley Cuoco is on the telly?

She never mentions Celtic or Rangers.

7 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

I haven't watched SSN in over 20 years. But when I have the news on it gets mentioned because he's Gerrard and he's signed for AV but it's no big deal.

Forever Hearts
2 minutes ago, Marvin said:

I haven't watched SSN in over 20 years. But when I have the news on it gets mentioned because he's Gerrard and he's signed for AV but it's no big deal.

Well it's our biggest sports news outlet and it was on it all day. Folk on here (the Sevco obsessives) saying it's not big news down south are talking mince. As usual. 

Edited by Forever Hearts

Seymour M Hersh
1 minute ago, Forever Hearts said:

Well it's our biggest sports news outlet and it was on it all day. Folk on here (the Sevco obsessives) saying it's not big news down south are talking mince. As usual. 

Coming from you that's rich!  :rofl:

highlandjambo3
12 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Good point.

They get to salivate over the new manager too.

No no no no…..you’ve missed out the middle bit…..for the next couple of days we will be having a “group stroke” about who might be the next manager followed by a circle jerk when it’s actually announced………that’s 3 media jizz fests.

Forever Hearts
43 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

The story was barely off the top of the page on this forum yesterday so clearly interesting to lots of people. 

If it involves Rangers their threads will always be near the top of the page on here.

53 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

If it involves Rangers their threads will always be near the top of the page on here.

And you'll be the top poster in every of those threads :whistling:

Scotland Today is almost a parody of the Outer Hebrides Broadcasting Corporation sketches from Naked Video back in the 1980s, with Gregor Fisher.

3rd gen jambo
8 hours ago, Awbdy Oot said:

I never saw the program being ripped to shreds here but Edinburgh Castle houses both the Scottish War Museum and the Scottish War Memorial. 

Yes - but the report and film clip came from the Scottish War Memorial!!!

8 hours ago, Awbdy Oot said:

The pictures they showed were of the Scottish War Memorial - poor journalism.  However really what we have come to expect.

12 hours ago, 3rd gen jambo said:

Yes, they recently had a reporter talking about the “Deans” Village Edinburgh…🤨

10 hours ago, Jim Panzee said:

Perhaps more with the slant it’s Gerard ex Liverpool and England star player being appointed. Along with the lazy ‘won a title’ (but only silverware in 3 yrs, in a shooting fish in a barrel environment)

St Johnstone won more trophies in one season 🤣