TYNECASTLE STADIUM UPGRADE POTENTIAL - UEFA category 4 granted ( updated/merged )

rickyjambo

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Sooks

• Watt-Zeefuik

• OTT

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, been here before said:

ย 

Time for the usual JKB Experts On Everything to don both their property developer and architects hats.

ย 

Perhaps a little bit of civic planning thrown in too .

What about the fans buy it and get JB Contracts to redevelope it ๐Ÿ˜œ

3 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

What about the fans buy it and get JB Contracts to redevelope it ๐Ÿ˜œ

Iโ€™m in fur the windaes! โ˜บ๏ธ

ย Hypothetically if we did buy it what could we do with it, short term and long term. With the main stand now developed do we really have a need for it? Iโ€™d personally rather spend the money on improving more areas of the stadium, finish the main stand and invest in the team when we get back upย 

Big Slim Stylee
10 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Iโ€™m in fur the windaes! โ˜บ๏ธ

Terrible job on the last lot so Iโ€™m not fancying your chances ๐Ÿ˜€

4 minutes ago, campbell said:

ย Hypothetically if we did buy it what could we do with it, short term and long term. With the main stand now developed do we really have a need for it? Iโ€™d personally rather spend the money on improving more areas of the stadium, finish the main stand and invest in the team when we get back upย 

Hotel & offices? Additional futureย revenue stream ( assuming covid ever becomes managable and hotels and offices get busy again).ย 

Shanks said no
36 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

If I win the Euro Lottery tomorrow night itโ€™s ours. ๐Ÿ˜

ย 

It's what I always dreamed of doing if I won it, no interest in running the club but would love to gift it to the club / FOH

Seymour M Hersh
24 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

is it not a listed building that you would have to keep the frontage

ย 

I seem to remember that boot of a lib demย councillor tried to (possibly succeeded) have the entrance to the school listed to prevent Vlad from building the new stand and hotel. ย However it would have been a very low level listing and fairly easy to have taken off.ย 

I always thought it would make a great hotel. Each class would make two fine rooms, there are kitchens and the gym could house all the public space you'd require, with plenty of parking, save us a fortune not using The Dalmahoy and hopefully make us a few bob. When this covid shit F's off, hotel rooms will be at a premium. I don't know what the deal is with the distillery and the chemical site next door though.

33 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

is it not a listed building that you would have to keep the frontage

It is category B listed according to the brochure.ย 

As an overseas Jambo, I would love the club to develop a hotel. ย Would make the Travelling and weekend experience much better.

ย 

ย 

At the last Foh AGM Mrs Budge stated that an ambition is to build our own training park and facilities. The Oriam costs the club ยฃ500,000 per annum. A task for the Foh with the school site in mind?ย 

Just now, o1djambo said:

At the last Foh AGM Mrs Budge stated that an ambition is to build our own training park and facilities. The Oriam costs the club ยฃ500,000 per annum. A task for the Foh with the school site in mind?ย 

All the FoHย money is currently required to keep the club afloat. Wrong time unfortunately.ย 

Interesting they are selling it as updated COMAH regulations. Sounds like the traditional issues encountered about the storage tanks may have gone away. Sounds like the distillery may have pulled a blinder and bought it cheap as limited construction, sat on it and now bouncing it out at large profit now the rules have changed.

ย 

For me I cannot see the club being able to afford anything. We can't finish the stuff we started.

Very interesting. Could use it as a hotel and fan park area like they do in Germany. Lots of potential ideas that we could use the land for, however I doubt we would be able to afford it in this financial climate. Is there a valuation on it? As another poster said, I do wonder whether the benefactors could be interested in acquiring this.ย 

ย 

Plus, havenโ€™t the club been waiting for that land to be put up for sale for a while now?

jamboinglasgow
1 hour ago, o1djambo said:

ย 

Thats the first I heard of that (I probably should have read the FOH AGM minutes, anyone got them?) certainly interesting that we feel its better for us to have our own facilities considering the quality we are currently getting at the Oriam.

ย 

I know it was pie in the sky proposal under Romanov, but ignoring the pain fromย having to move from Tynecastle, the plan to build a new stadium on Carrick Knowe golf course would have allowed us space to create a training ground around it, akin to what clubs in Germany have with their Stadia.

4 minutes ago, farin said:

8772F68B-2372-4330-B722-ADD693FFE657.thumb.jpeg.7e7513e184464433345c5a1723e75db2.jpeg

ย 

The aerial shot in the brochure gives a great view of the actual site footprint. Love it if we could get it but it wouldnโ€™tย come cheap.ย 

Ironic that Hearts used to own it but sold it to theย council to build the school.ย 

It's a Category B listed building.

That lands about as much use to us as a chocolate fireguard. The only thing you could feasibly do to it is renovate it for flats.ย 

ย 

That said, you could, maybe apply to HES and apply to demolish it IF there is no viable alternative for the building. Which is unlikely if the building is in good nick.ย 

The trick to get around that is, set it on fire, stick a big tarp over the roof and seal it. Then it will rot to the point it will need to be condemned. Then we will definitely get permission to demolish it in the future. ๐Ÿ™„

ย 

I agree though, it would have been wonderful to own all the land in that area, the School, the Pitch, the Brewery and in the future we could knock down Tynie and build a much better, bigger ground and possibly build our training facilities, plus a smaller woman's / Academy stadium next to Tynie.ย 

Edited by Cruyff

On 07/12/2017 at 07:50, Forza Cuore said:

It is a great peace of land, but agree not sure why Hearts would want it unless future plans for more training facilities?

Future parking/ media facilities etc etc?

Neil Dongcaster

Itโ€™s a tricky situation due to the pandemic and our relegation and the looming threat of the championship season not starting / finishing. However, I canโ€™t help feel if we do not look into buying this land then we will regret it.

ย 

Once itโ€™s gone to a developer we really are stuck with what we have in terms of capacity going forward.

ย 

At the risk of contradicting what Iโ€™ve said previously about concentrating funds on the team I wouldnโ€™t be adverse to us investing all of the a Hickey money into this and using FOH to fund a mortgage for the rest.

ย 

4 hours ago, Cruyff said:

It's a Category B listed building.

That lands about as much use to us as a chocolate fireguard. The only thing you could feasibly do to it is renovate it for flats.ย 

ย 

That said, you could, maybe apply to HES and apply to demolish it IF there is no viable alternative for the building. Which is unlikely if the building is in good nick.ย 

The trick to get around that is, set it on fire, stick a big tarp over the roof and seal it. Then it will rot to the point it will need to be condemned. Then we will definitely get permission to demolish it in the future. ๐Ÿ™„

ย 

I agree though, it would have been wonderful to own all the land in that area, the School, the Pitch, the Brewery and in the future we could knock down Tynie and build a much better, bigger ground and possibly build our training facilities, plus a smaller woman's / Academy stadium next to Tynie.ย 

Only one bit is category B Iirc, the corner part you see looking down from Gorgieย Road.ย 

17 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Only one bit is category B Iirc, the corner part you see looking down from Gorgieย Road.ย 

Is that right? That changes things massively.ย 

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

ย 

42 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Is that right? That changes things massively.ย 

That does indeed.ย 

11 hours ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

Terrible job on the last lot so Iโ€™m not fancying your chances ๐Ÿ˜€

On programme, on budget, no leaks......shite Architects design.....

1 hour ago, johnking123 said:

Think it was bought for ยฃ1.75 million.ย  Probably ยฃ2.5 -ยฃ3 million now.

When the economic meltdown happens....ยฃ500k ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Edited by Thomaso

Lots of good memories of that place , sadly lots of not so good ones either ๐Ÿ˜‚.

Given the economic climate I donโ€™t think itโ€™ll sell very quickly , maybe the club will be watching with interest though .

10 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

When the economic meltdown happens....ยฃ500k ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Don't know if we could get it on the cheap or not.ย 

7 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Looking at the footprint.....weโ€™d be downsizing dramatically from Riccarton

ย 

ย 

Aye but if we owned the pitches and the Brewery etc... That would be a huge area. Riccarton isn't just all Hearts.ย 

12 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Aye but if we owned the pitches and the Brewery etc... That would be a huge area. Riccarton isn't just all Hearts.ย 

Cheaper buying some land outsideย town forย that much land.ย 

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Cheaper buying some land outsideย town forย that much land.ย 

Yeah, true. Doesn't really matter where the training ground is I suppose. I don't know how much per year we pay to use Riccarton but over time we'd surely be better off owning our own Facilities.ย 

Neil Dongcaster
2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Be interesting to see who wants a house right next door to a football stadium, if it does go for housing.ย 

Think the flats on Albion Road went for about ยฃ130k some years back.

2 minutes ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

Think the flats on Albion Road went for about ยฃ130k some years back.

Could be an issue forย Hearts long term if residentsย get antsy about fan behaviour etc...

Neil Dongcaster
5 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Could be an issue forย Hearts long term if residentsย get antsy about fan behaviour etc...

Indeed. As I alluded to earlier it would save us a lot of headaches going forward if we owned that land. Unfortunately, I feel itโ€™sย just beyond our grasp given current circumstances.ย 

8 minutes ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

Indeed. As I alluded to earlier it would save us a lot of headaches going forward if we owned that land. Unfortunately, I feel itโ€™sย just beyond our grasp given current circumstances.ย 

I agree.ย 

scott herbertson
31 minutes ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

ย 

ย 

Unfortunately I agree - there would be fairly substantial running costs even of keeping it unused (security, health and safety requirements)

• davemclaren changed the title to TYNECASTLE STADIUM UPGRADE POTENTIAL - UEFA category 4 granted ( updated/merged )
  • Maple Leaf changed the title to TYNECASTLE STADIUM UPGRADE POTENTIAL?