TYNECASTLE STADIUM UPGRADE POTENTIAL - UEFA category 4 granted ( updated/merged )

rickyjambo

1 minute ago, Footballfirst said:

If you wanted to extend the stands, then it would make sense to lengthen the pitch (by 5m) up to the UEFA standard of 105m.  You would also want to extend the surrounds a bit at ether end to make it suitable to host full international matches, so you would be looking for something of the order of 15m-20m to make it worthwhile.

The current stands are just over 100m long, so an increase in length would add 15%-20% to the capacity of the Wheatfield and Main stands.  The Roseburn could probably be dismantled and moved back, relatively cheaply, but that wouldn't increase capacity of the stand itself, so it would probably make more sense to rebuild that end from scratch, filling in the corners, looking a two tiers etc.

There is no cheap option to extend, and it wouldn't be completed in a close season.

My assumption was keeping the basic design concepts and roof designs.  The Roseburn currently has 26 rows, if we mirror the steepness of the main we can get 37.  

I'm not sure filling corners in would ever be viable given the ground would still be very tight and retaining a pillar and post design would be cheaper and keep uniformity across all 4 stands.

I'm sure we also lost the front row of the Gorgie several years ago.

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Sooks

• Watt-Zeefuik

• OTT

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I was surprised, but pleasantly so, as I don't believe that it is in FOH's long term interest to delay ownership any further.

I dont think they could delay it any further, to be honest. 

I suspect as NBD have indicated they would like to sell, Hearts would look to secure the land if financially viable (like NBD did with the initial purchase) with no other short-term aims other than to block an unsuitable use.

due to the listing, condition of buildings and neighbors the value is not as much as you might expect.

If this was a serious and viable opportunity and there is a way to extend Tynecastle, then sell the rest of the land to Tesco it may actually make the Hobbits combust 

1 hour ago, Bowmans_Boot said:

After buying the club.  

Agreed. There can't be any more delays to us buying the club. Once we have it, then things like this could be looked at

Psychedelicropcircle
8 hours ago, jamboman9 said:

Heard a while back that Hearts were planning on opening an Hotel although not where.                           Now we know?

I was joking ! it’ll be the new Tesco tynecastle we’ve heard some much about,??

beaten to it by scottish gadge⬆️

Edited by Psychedelicropcircle

5 hours ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

That's a very mature post and i agree with all of it. I was about to reply to him with a load of sarkiness! :)

Big boy pants on today bud!

2 hours ago, Bozi said:

If this was a serious and viable opportunity and there is a way to extend Tynecastle, then sell the rest of the land to Tesco it may actually make the Hobbits combust 

2 hours ago, scottishguy said:

Turn it into a Tesco's:smiliz21::smiliz21::smiliz21:

1 hour ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

I was joking ! it’ll be the new Tesco tynecastle we’ve heard some much about,??

beaten to it by scottish gadge⬆️

Nah I was in first 

No sale is currently planned...they were delighted to be able to purchase the land in the first place and there's no plans to move out of town at present.

Mmmm perhaps there is a Strategic Plan after all .....

extend the trusses

move the Roseburn Stand back or redevelop

fill in the main stand / Roseburn corner

fill in the Roseburn / Wheatfield corner 

extend the Wheatfield 

my my god we could be a mini me manu...

13 hours ago, Hungry hippo said:

Is this based on anything other than a guess?

I'm not ITK but your post added to the OP and something someone mentioned to me recently (which wasn't very interesting in isolation) made ne wonder if there is some truth in this.

Just a guess, but i'm sure someone in Ann's position may be looking at investment projects as money in the bank is no longer a realistic  investment.

If it's listed and not for demolition, a hotel in the old building would make sense, all the old classes are at least two bedroom sizes and the gym could come down and what's not needed for car park could be more space for building whatever a hotel needs, I was the brickie on that gym, you should be able to blow it down.

I understand a developer was planning to develop the site of the old school a couple of years ago. Hearts used to use the area for parking.

10 hours ago, JAMBONI said:

Just a guess, but i'm sure someone in Ann's position may be looking at investment projects as money in the bank is no longer a realistic  investment.

True, but I doubt she has all her wealth in cash as it is. 

No idea what’s happening here, however...

St Johnstone went on a long run of beating us using money earned through some kind of conference centre link up.

Kilmarnock did similar with a hotel.

These are teams with a third of our support at absolute best. I’d be open to investigating a non-football income initiative.

Edited by Ryder

J Cheever Loophole

Building up a land bank is the way to go, Cala Homes has a huge amount of land throughout the country.

Where I come from, a building that stores Whisky is a Bond not a feckin warehouse!

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
On 07/12/2017 at 10:32, Hearts Daft said:

That's because the product on the pitch is pretty poor at the moment. If we could get a team together who would actually begin challenging seriously for league and cups attendances would rise. There's also the prospect that within 10 years football could be transformed with European leagues etc which could possibly mean Hearts playing in a much more attractive and competitive league than we are currently. The club has to be ahead of the curve in anticipating these developments.  Like any good business.

Jackanory 

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
On 07/12/2017 at 12:28, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Maybe a sort of Chelsea Village is what we are looking at but let's make sure we keep enough space for expanding the ground at the same time !

Are you pissed? 

Bazzas right boot
On 07/12/2017 at 09:00, Jamhammer said:

About as pointless just now as West Ham signing Joe Hart. If we're gonna be spending money it should be on the team. Unless someone else is gonna buy it and that would have an effect on future plans. 

Just about as pointless, I'd say..?

1 hour ago, Sir Vladimir of Romanov said:

Are you pissed? 

Not sure what you think is so odd about what he siaid.

I've already told everyone what is happening..nothing

Now I don't know which person in the pub the op was talking to but it wasn't anyone connected with the company who own the site.

11 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

I've already told everyone what is happening..nothing

Now I don't know which person in the pub the op was talking to but it wasn't anyone connected with the company who own the site.

NBD may well be looking to sell!

On ‎07‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 09:00, Jamhammer said:

About as pointless just now as West Ham signing Joe Hart. If we're gonna be spending money it should be on the team. Unless someone else is gonna buy it and that would have an effect on future plans. 

Speculate to accumulate!

Unlike some of our lot who can't see any further than a week ahead, at most, all sorts of possibilities, with short term car parking at the very least.

29 minutes ago, Jambomb said:

NBD may well be looking to sell!

They are not so why are you even talking about it as if it is the truth

They are good neighbours who help the club and were even willing to sell a piece of land to us some time ago but not the school.

4 hours ago, Ryder said:

St Johnstone went on a long run of beating us using money earned through some kind of conference centre link.

St Johnstone have a healthy income from hosting wakes. The crematorium is next door.

scott herbertson
4 hours ago, Ryder said:

St Johnstone went on a long run of beating us using money earned through some kind of conference centre link up.

2 minutes ago, Dunks said:

St Johnstone have a healthy income from hosting wakes. The crematorium is next door.

Note to self, never eat the food at a conference near St Johnstone’s ground

Edited by scott herbertson

1 minute ago, CJGJ said:

They are good neighbours who help the club and were even willing to sell a piece of land to us some time ago but not the school.

How are you so sure? I know what I know.

they are good neighbours for sure, not sure what that has to do with selling the school though.

there certainly have been discussions about the community pitch, not sure a straight sale was ever on the cards but joint venture for improvements was certainly discussed but when funding from SFA was knocked back it was put on the back burner. Will hopefully be looked at again in the future.

3 minutes ago, Jambomb said:

How are you so sure? I know what I know.

they are good neighbours for sure, not sure what that has to do with selling the school though.

there certainly have been discussions about the community pitch, not sure a straight sale was ever on the cards but joint venture for improvements was certainly discussed but when funding from SFA was knocked back it was put on the back burner. Will hopefully be looked at again in the future.

Look just trust me on this...I know well enough what is happening in the distillery to say it's not happening

This is not the first time this 'sale ' has been brought up but like all the times before it is rubbish and a waste of a thread or discussion

Oh and I notice you are now backtracking on what you said previously and now talking about community ventures when the discussion was about the sale of the school...perhaps you are realising what you know may not be what you should know.

2 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Look just trust me on this...I know well enough what is happening in the distillery to say it's not happening

This is not the first time this 'sale ' has been brought up but like all the times before it is rubbish and a waste of a thread or discussion

Oh and I notice you are now backtracking on what you said previously and now talking about community ventures when the discussion was about the sale of the school...perhaps you are realising what you know may not be what you should know.

Eh! You brought up the sale of other land, I assumed you would have been referencing community pitch’s so thought id give info on that.

All I’ve said re school is ‘may well be looking’, and that may well be the case.

Let’s leave it there, no point falling out.

All roads lead to Gorgie
13 hours ago, Sir Vladimir of Romanov said:

Are you pissed? 

Are you still on the run ?:smile:

9 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Your such a party pooper CJ.

Why not tell us that we have no plans to fill in the corners, while your at it.

1 hour ago, Tommy Brown said:

Your such a party pooper CJ.

Why not tell us that we have no plans to fill in the corners, while your at it.

Ahhhh please don’t say that .....

13 hours ago, CJGJ said:

I'd imagine it would be the worlds most expensive carpark with shocking access as well. Don't get me wrong I know hee haw about what's going on behind the scenes and I'd imagine that, if they are gonna buy it they've got a good reason for doing so. I'd just like to see a wee bit more cash spent on the first team. Know what I mean.

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
11 hours ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Are you still on the run ?:smile:

Only when I'm not borrowing pensions. 

• 2 years later...

Property company JLL have the school now listed as being for sale with alternative uses as being residential or student accommodation. Always hoped the club would get their hands on it but that seems a long shot in the current climate. 

Just now, Boris5115 said:

Property company JLL have the school now listed as being for sale with alternative uses as being residential or student accommodation. Always hoped the club would get their hands on it but that seems a long shot in the current climate. 

A very long shot. 

Just now, Boris5115 said:

Any idea who owns it at present Dave. 

The Distillery I believe. Interesting building accomodation next to those tanks that were a big problem for us. 

11 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Can you afford it? 😎

Possibly ....£25 per month, me and 8499 others, one year £2,550,000 - done!

This is the sort of project the FOH could perhaps take on ... this damn pandemic makes it difficult!

• davemclaren changed the title to TYNECASTLE STADIUM UPGRADE POTENTIAL - UEFA category 4 granted ( updated/merged )
  • Maple Leaf changed the title to TYNECASTLE STADIUM UPGRADE POTENTIAL?