Future Jambo star

frasting

Just now, Busby8 said:

Jeez mate.

The laddie has clearly got bags of talent and actually wants to play for Hearts according to his Dad.

Why on earth suggest that he takes a path that could make that less likely.

From that video, is the boy ready to play for Hearts right now do you think ? Is he going to walk over here and take Devlins place ? No he clearly isn’t. So, in my opinion he’d be better served staying on the track he is on and signing for Hearts if and when he is ever ready. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Good luck to the young chap, wherever the road may take him. At a similar age Haaland wanted to play for Leeds, unselfishly if the lad does good, maybe he could play for Barcelona themselves, but understand if he does want to come to the big team after all 😉

9 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

This might seem a daft question but why on earth would a lad in the Barcelona system have any desire to drop several classes down and join Hearts

4 hours ago, McCrae said:

My guess is that Barcelona’s relationship in the US is largely commercially based with parents paying for training etc. 

Yeah basically what McCrae said. I have/had connections with the Barca Academy in Charlotte, and whilst the level was usually high and the coaches a good standard, it's basically only Barca by name. IIRC it's a franchise model.

Back when I was in uni over there, I managed to get lots of training opportunities with lower level first teams in the UK(league 1 and below in England, Championship and below in Scotland, The N.Irish prem) a for me and mates, just by searching their websites for their contact emails and sending emails out. If that level is replying to emails for trials with their first team, I'm assuming the same would be just as easy for academies at a higher level.

I'd be sending lots of emails out if I was you @frasting. Good luck to the lad! I've got a couple contacts over in the US(MLS level) still that I could possibly reach out to if you were wanting the video sent on.

42 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

From that video, is the boy ready to play for Hearts right now do you think ? Is he going to walk over here and take Devlins place ? No he clearly isn’t. So, in my opinion he’d be better served staying on the track he is on and signing for Hearts if and when he is ever ready. 

Did I say or even imply ANY of that ??

You could always have suggested that the laddie comes over here if invited and sees for himself what Riccarton is like despite your misgivings, no ??

I'd rather this was explored an option before anything else, including completely disregarding Hearts own youth development.

It works 2 ways this stuff. He'd have to enjoy the experience here, and Hearts would have to make their own assessment before it went any further.

The poster will have been well aware of that, and has at the very least, succeeded in raisng young Mr Murdoch's profile with Hearts given the (mostly) positive comments so far.

Either way, good luck to the guy.  He looks a real prospect.

Edited by Busby8

On 06/11/2021 at 18:06, frasting said:

Lol. Not sure I’m a secret agent but I’d say there’s an untapped market in the USA youth. Things are improving. My sons coaches are all Spanish and sent here from Barça 

Any chance the Spanish coaches fancy a change of scenery ? Edinburgh's a lovely city !

thank you for everyones encouragement and advice on here, Stuart really appreciates it. We are massive Jambos and watch every game online and make a trip home to watch and buy kits! We came to the USA 6 years ago for my job and Stuart after one year in a local boys club was picked up by Barca and is in his 5th year there. He's the captain of the high school varsity team and just lives and breaths football (soccer, sigh 😔). He has some college offers and we will be coming to Scotland next summer for trials with several professional teams. Obviously I am biased, but the kid has a touch of magic about him and scores amazing goals, including several last minute tournament winners! Proud dad. HHGH

Whether he makes it to the Jambos I hope he has a successful career in the game. So many kids at his age never make it. Keep going young man. 

4 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

How many lads at the Hearts academy actually get to play for Hearts first team ?

At his age, given where is is now, with a path in front of him, the absolute last thing I’d be doing is sending him to the graveyard of youth football that Riccarton has become. If he wants to play for Hearts, go through the system  over there, get into the MLS draft, THEN come to Hearts if he still wants to. If Hearts want to keep tabs on him for a few years having had him flagged up, then all good and best of luck to the lad but I’d suggest he is in a far better place for development right now than Hearts academy would be for him

Absolutely this^^^

On 06/11/2021 at 14:22, frasting said:

My son plays for Barcelona in their North American Academy, we are Scottish and massive Jambo's. He's 17 and wants to play for Hearts! What do you think?

Enjoyed that. Lad looks a real talent. You must be bursting with pride mate. 
Hope his career progresses & I will keep an eye out for him in the future 👍

Broxburn Jambo

My son plays for Barcelona in their North American Academy, we are Scottish and massive Jambo's. He's 17 and wants to play for Hearts! What do you think?

Aye but could he dae it on rainy winters night at Somerset park LOL

Seriously, your boys a player and I wish him success where ever he goes.

Obviously not if he goes to Hibs

2 hours ago, Broxburn Jambo said:

Aye but could he dae it on rainy winters night at Somerset park LOL

Seriously, your boys a player and I wish him success where ever he goes.

Obviously not if he goes to Hibs

He wouldn't do that to his old father!!

I like how every thread turns into a moan 😄, The wee guy wants to play for us, Imagine getting paid to play for the team you support even if it never worked out he could still say he lived his dream.

35 minutes ago, Herbert said:

I like how every thread turns into a moan 😄, The wee guy wants to play for us, Imagine getting paid to play for the team you support even if it never worked out he could still say he lived his dream.

A dream most on here would give anything to have lived. The reality is not a very high percentage make it there. To gamble your whole life on making it is folly. If the boy is academically smart then the scholarship route is the way to go imo. Free education in the US is worth a fortune!!! Hundreds of thousands!!! Then if good enough he would get drafted by an MLS club. I think at that point he would be free to sign for any club anywhere in the world (could be wrong on that) including Hearts. 21-22 yrs old. Educated with the world at his feet. Then if football does not work out he at least can get a decent paying job and provide a good living for he and his family. Lets face it. How many 18-19-20 yr olds make the grade. Get yourself educated kid!!

• 7 months later...
Jambo 4 Ever
On 06/11/2021 at 18:06, frasting said:

Lol. Not sure I’m a secret agent but I’d say there’s an untapped market in the USA youth. Things are improving. My sons coaches are all Spanish and sent here from Barça 

How did you get on with giving your sons details to Savage? Did they get back to you?

On 16/06/2022 at 09:42, Jambo 4 Ever said:

How did you get on with giving your sons details to Savage? Did they get back to you?

Gary MacKay has invited him over for trials 

Looks a cracking player.

Jambo 4 Ever
15 minutes ago, frasting said:

Oh good news

hopefully a future Hearts player 

Edited by Jambo 4 Ever

1 hour ago, frasting said:

👌 Best of luck to your boy, looking at that video though, he might not need it. Looks a natural 👏

On 06/11/2021 at 14:27, Longbaws said:

Congrats on having a Brazillian wife👍

Hahaha 🤣👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

• 2 weeks later...
Jambo 4 Ever
On 18/06/2022 at 13:00, frasting said:

Will he be ready to sign for next season do you think? Or likely another time in future?

On 29/06/2022 at 19:10, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Will he be ready to sign for next season do you think? Or likely another time in future?

At the moment he wants to play in college here in US. Guess he’s been here too long and influenced by his friends!

Jambo 4 Ever

At the moment he wants to play in college here in US. Guess he’s been here too long and influenced by his friends!

Ah fair enough 

so he’s not taken Gary up on the offer of coming over for a trial?

2 hours ago, frasting said:

How long until he finishes college?

3 hours ago, frasting said:

Not only does he appear very talented but seems very sensible too👍

10 hours ago, frasting said:

Didn’t do Davie Weir any harm! That’s amazing Gary Mackay got in touch about a trial though! Congrats to your laddie, at least he has options :) 

11 hours ago, frasting said:

As someone who played at a pro youth level in Scotland and did a scholarship in the US, I’d say he’s making the right decision. 

Edited by Dayman

Who did Gary McKay invite your son over to have a trail with? Surely it wasn't Hearts - as I don't think McKay is involved with Hearts at any level.

Footballfirst
3 hours ago, tazhearts said:

Who did Gary McKay invite your son over to have a trail with? Surely it wasn't Hearts - as I don't think McKay is involved with Hearts at any level.

I'm pretty sure that Gary coaches one of the Tynecastle FC age groups. He would be able to assess whether or not the lad was good enough to join a pro youth side.  

Edited by Footballfirst

RustyRightPeg
20 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I'm pretty sure that Gary coaches one of the Tynecastle FC age groups. He would be able to assess whether or not the lad was good enough to join a pro youth side.  

Gary used to coach tynecastle from about 2004-2008/9 maybe, I used to play for him. 

It ended on bad terms not only for me and him, but I believe the club and him. 

Dougie Dal and him clashed a fair bit. 

I’m not aware he’s back, I could find out though. 

Footballfirst
23 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Gary used to coach tynecastle from about 2004-2008/9 maybe, I used to play for him. 

It ended on bad terms not only for me and him, but I believe the club and him. 

Dougie Dal and him clashed a fair bit. 

I’m not aware he’s back, I could find out though. 

I'm sure that I saw him coaching their U15s a couple of years ago.

RustyRightPeg
4 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I'm sure that I saw him coaching their U15s a couple of years ago.

Yeah casting my mind back he did come back for a short period but then disappeared again. 

TyphoonJambo
10 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Yeah casting my mind back he did come back for a short period but then disappeared again. 

I very much doubt he was anywhere near the club, at any level, when CL was there. 

RustyRightPeg
Just now, TypoonJambo said:

I very much doubt he was anywhere near the club, at any level, when CL was there. 

Tynecastle boys club I mean sorry

TyphoonJambo
2 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Tynecastle boys club I mean sorry

Gotcha!

13 hours ago, tazhearts said:

Gary is an agent now. He said he would put my son in front of three or four clubs but would give Robbie first look if he wanted to. Even offered for my son to stay with Gary and his partner in Dunfermline. Very kind 

Jambo 4 Ever

Gary is an agent now. He said he would put my son in front of three or four clubs but would give Robbie first look if he wanted to. Even offered for my son to stay with Gary and his partner in Dunfermline. Very kind 

So did you son decline or is he still to come over for it one day?

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/07/2022 at 17:44, Jambo 4 Ever said:

So did you son decline or is he still to come over for it one day?

My son decided against it. Tbh I don’t think he’s ready either. Needs to gain some size (and an education!)