Future Jambo star

frasting

My son plays for Barcelona in their North American Academy, we are Scottish and massive Jambo's. He's 17 and wants to play for Hearts! What do you think?

1 minute ago, The Tackle said:

Looks a player 👍 How confusing is it for him playing on the pitches withe the American football markings? 

Yeah its super annoying to watch for me! 

Just now, Longbaws said:

Congrats on having a Brazillian wife👍

Lol, he certainly didn't get it from me, a carthorse of a center back.

2 minutes ago, Herbert said:

He looks a decent player. Has he had much interest from anyone?

Well the system here is so different as its a college based system, so yeah he's had scholarship offers to go play college (which can lead to MLS draft), but I think he'd rather sign professional. 

jamboinglasgow
Just now, frasting said:

Well the system here is so different as its a college based system, so yeah he's had scholarship offers to go play college (which can lead to MLS draft), but I think he'd rather sign professional. 

If he wanted to try to get to Hearts, you can email the club. The information is in the link below.

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/squads/academy/overview

18 minutes ago, frasting said:

My son plays for Barcelona in their North American Academy, we are Scottish and massive Jambo's. He's 17 and wants to play for Hearts! What do you think?

I think you should send this to Joe Savage! :thumbsup: 

Your lad looks like a talented and skilful player, with a great burst of pace, plenty of tricks up his sleeve, and a good eye for goal. 

Great video and some lovely play!

Playing for Barcelona in whatever guise is no mean feat. All the best to your son whatever lies ahead.

12 minutes ago, Auld Reekin' said:

I think you should send this to Joe Savage! :thumbsup: 

Your lad looks like a talented and skilful player, with a great burst of pace, plenty of tricks up his sleeve, and a good eye for goal. 

Not a bad idea! We still have a house in Scotland, or he can go live with his Granny!

24 minutes ago, frasting said:

David Weir went down the scholarship route mind, Dunno what the standard is like there. Could you not send him over for a year to try get with a junior club here?

6 minutes ago, Herbert said:

David Weir went down the scholarship route mind, Dunno what the standard is like there. Could you not send him over for a year to try get with a junior club here?

Tbh he has higher hopes than junior football. I think if Barca see something in him, he has a chance.

As previously mentioned, get this to the attention of Joe Savage.

Give him all the details and footage and see where it goes.

Maybe someone on here could give Joe a heads up?

He looks a talent, you can’t teach that skill, it’s natural ability.

Good luck.

4 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Too wee and he wears gloves. He'll never make it here. 😉

Ha ha. Yeah. Though he’s 5’11 now and still growing. But the gloves I’ll give you!

1 hour ago, frasting said:

I've tried to send you a PM but it won't let me. 

9 minutes ago, iainmac said:

I've tried to send you a PM but it won't let me. 

Sorry, maybe it was full. I’ve PM’d you now.

AllyjamboDerbyshire
2 hours ago, frasting said:

Nice to know there's a laddie playing for one of Barcelona's academies who wants to play for the Hearts 👍 

I take it your a Jambo secret agent, using Barca to produce a wonder kid for the Hearts. Looks like you're doing a grand job.

44 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

Nice to know there's a laddie playing for one of Barcelona's academies who wants to play for the Hearts 👍 

I take it your a Jambo secret agent, using Barca to produce a wonder kid for the Hearts. Looks like you're doing a grand job.

Lol. Not sure I’m a secret agent but I’d say there’s an untapped market in the USA youth. Things are improving. My sons coaches are all Spanish and sent here from Barça 

Looks a talent, certainly got an eye for a pass.  Can he do it on a cold Tuesday night in Dingwall though?

16 hours ago, frasting said:

Yeah its super annoying to watch for me! 

Contact Joe Savage at the club, and ask Hearts to have a look. If you don't ask, you don't get.

17 hours ago, frasting said:

Get this sent to Hearts no harm in it! Alex Petkov done it when he moved from Bulgaria called Hearts ended up with a trial and signed 😂 . Levein was forking out flights and accommodation for the Ukrainian boy last season to come over and train. Ended up signing for St Johnstone now Brechin. 

Good Luck.

14 hours ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Get this sent to Hearts no harm in it! Alex Petkov done it when he moved from Bulgaria called Hearts ended up with a trial and signed 😂 . Levein was forking out flights and accommodation for the Ukrainian boy last season to come over and train. Ended up signing for St Johnstone now Brechin. 

Good Luck.

I didn’t realise that. A rather famous Hearts legend has been in touch since I posted this! So you never know!

4 minutes ago, frasting said:

I didn’t realise that. A rather famous Hearts legend has been in touch since I posted this! So you never know!

Just hope it’s not Craig Levein and your lad joins Brechin 😂

The video is class really good on the ball right stand out compared to the opponents 

This might seem a daft question but why on earth would a lad in the Barcelona system have any desire to drop several classes down and join Hearts

2 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

This might seem a daft question but why on earth would a lad in the Barcelona system have any desire to drop several classes down and join Hearts

Coz he’s a Jambo perhaps?!

4 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

I would imagine the chances of making it to even Barcelona in there Under 18s or B side is very slim . They will have schools all over the world with thousands of players who drop out of football. 

JimboJambo1874
On 07/11/2021 at 03:22, frasting said:

He looks a skilled player. I hope he gets to live his dream. If he doesn't make it at Hearts, he will definitely make it somewhere else. Contact the academy and see how it goes. I'm sure everyone on here wished=s him all the very best.

4 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

My guess is that Barcelona’s relationship in the US is largely commercially based with parents paying for training etc. 

On 06/11/2021 at 17:21, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

Juanjo v2.0. It was always his dream you know...

Bazzas right boot

Makes sense, wants to play for a team challenging for cups and titles with European football over a debt saddled middle of the league team!

Good luck to the lad, some quick thinking and intelligent play, can't really teach that. 

Can't believe there were-

Comparisons to Irving. 

And

A poster questioning why a Hearts fan would want to play for Hearts! 

:vrface:

Good luck to your lad! 

Edited by Smith's right boot

7 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

How many of those lads in the Barcelona academies actually get to play for Barcelona first team ? 

More chance of winning Euro lottery. 

The boy has got talent so nothing to lose by circulating his video. 

Good luck to him. 

51 minutes ago, luckydug said:

How many of those lads in the Barcelona academies actually get to play for Barcelona first team ? 

More chance of winning Euro lottery. 

The boy has got talent so nothing to lose by circulating his video. 

Good luck to him. 

How many lads at the Hearts academy actually get to play for Hearts first team ?

At his age, given where is is now, with a path in front of him, the absolute last thing I’d be doing is sending him to the graveyard of youth football that Riccarton has become. If he wants to play for Hearts, go through the system  over there, get into the MLS draft, THEN come to Hearts if he still wants to. If Hearts want to keep tabs on him for a few years having had him flagged up, then all good and best of luck to the lad but I’d suggest he is in a far better place for development right now than Hearts academy would be for him

Edited by JimmyCant

1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

At his age, given where is is now, with a path in front of him, the absolute last thing I’d be doing is sending him to the graveyard of youth football that Riccarton has become. If he wants to play for Hearts, go through the system  over there, get into the MLS draft, THEN come to Hearts if he still wants to. If Hearts want to keep tabs on him for a few years having had him flagged up, then all good and best of luck to the lad but I’d suggest he is in a far better place right now than Hearts academy would be for him

Sometimes I wonder if Hearts 'supporter' is the correct term to describe you. 

You seem to go out of your way to disrespect Hearts at every opportunity. 

1 minute ago, luckydug said:

Sometimes I wonder if Hearts 'supporter' is the correct term to describe you. 

You seem to go out of your way to disrespect Hearts at every opportunity. 

For giving an opinion on how non productive the Hearts academy is you’re questioning how to describe me ? How is it in the least disrespectful to Hearts to point that out on a Hearts message board ? Christ even Joe Savage knows it’s been non productive.

7 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

At his age, given where is is now, with a path in front of him, the absolute last thing I’d be doing is sending him to the graveyard of youth football that Riccarton has become. If he wants to play for Hearts, go through the system  over there, get into the MLS draft, THEN come to Hearts if he still wants to. If Hearts want to keep tabs on him for a few years having had him flagged up, then all good and best of luck to the lad but I’d suggest he is in a far better place for development right now than Hearts academy would be for him

What a misery.

Good luck to the guy. What a story it would make - superstar discovered by Hearts via Dad's Kickback video plea 😀

2 minutes ago, HoGwash said:

What a misery.

Good luck to the guy. What a story it would make - superstar discovered by Hearts via Dad's Kickback video plea 😀

I have no issue with the laddie wanting to play for Hearts. My issue is with the dad contemplating taking him out of the Barcelona academy and sending him to ours. It’s idiotic frankly. If the laddie is good enough, he’ll make it. Once he has made it, if he wants to play for Hearts he’ll still have that choice. Disappearing in the Riccarton black hole isn’t the way forward here when he has a path open to him over there.

10 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

How many lads at the Hearts academy actually get to play for Hearts first team ?

At his age, given where is is now, with a path in front of him, the absolute last thing I’d be doing is sending him to the graveyard of youth football that Riccarton has become. If he wants to play for Hearts, go through the system  over there, get into the MLS draft, THEN come to Hearts if he still wants to. If Hearts want to keep tabs on him for a few years having had him flagged up, then all good and best of luck to the lad but I’d suggest he is in a far better place for development right now than Hearts academy would be for him

Jeez mate.

The laddie has clearly got bags of talent and actually wants to play for Hearts according to his Dad.

Why on earth suggest that he takes a path that could make that less likely.