Yorkshire CCC

Maroon Sailor

The 

12 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

If you are black and proud it gets applause and cheers.

If you dare to be white and proud you are a far right racist.

They just need to breathe the r word and you can be looking at a judge while no copper could care less what is aimed at you. This is partly why this country is such a magnet. Sorry, beacon of hope.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Maroon Sailor

• i8hibsh

• Malinga the Swinga

• JackLadd

Malinga the Swinga
9 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Australia raging that England is taking on the moral high ground.

Ludicrous that Paine has had to step down. It was a consensual relationship between two adults. World's gone mad.

Also have a look at BBC sport. They have hidden Rafiq and his comments on Jews at bottom of main page. Doesn't fit the narrative they are pushing.

3 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

The 

They just need to breathe the r word and you can be looking at a judge while no copper could care less what is aimed at you. This is partly why this country is such a magnet. Sorry, beacon of hope.

Don't watch live tv but I think it was channel 4 a few weeks back that dedicated an entire week to 'Black Pride'. There was even an entire program where people sat around a table for an hour discussing what it is about being black that makes them proud. I am sure I don't have to state the obvious here but imagine if the shoe was on the other foot.  How the **** is this kinda thing making us a more tolerant society!

13 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Massive stitch of the guy. The exchange was a two way thing until he went a bit further than she did. It was investigated nearer the time and it was found to not be worthy of further punishment. 
And the real kicker. The woman didn’t complain until 7 months after the photo was sent. Which just happened to be at the same time as she was sacked for stealing. Stupid arse that shouldn’t have sent her a picture of his dick, but on this occasion the complainant doesn’t seem a very nice person either. 

Yeah

But Australia has long taken 'the moral high ground'. Stupid decisions previously for minor incidents.

Those in charge are responding to what has happened in England or at least are worrying about similar things being brought up. 

Though worryingly Australia can only be better with a different captain. 

15 hours ago, jonesy said:

Some of the names bandied about in China for both white and black people eclipse 'chinky' ten-fold.

Yup, remember going there thirty years ago - folks were coming up to me on the street and playing with my hair and rubbing my belly!!

Japan is a tough place too, bad enough for a white male but it gets far worse for others particularly non Japanese women.

Out of interest, how do text messages from 10 years ago just happen to turn up? Who just happens to keep texts from that long ago? 

18 minutes ago, skinnybob72 said:

Out of interest, how do text messages from 10 years ago just happen to turn up? Who just happens to keep texts from that long ago? 

I would guess this was well known. There was an investigation so the evidence would be there.

Someone in Australia Cricket has panicked after the English relevations. 

Edited by Mikey1874

Maroon Sailor

Paine has made a dick of himself but it's not right a private exchange like this should come back to haunt him.

She obviously wasn't offended at the time

I P Knightley
15 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

My dad used to teach students from all over the world and when the chinese students took him out for food at a restaurant they frequented he was given a completely different menu than normal. He was informed that UK folks use the round eyes menu. 

I've been to China a few times and, although I've never heard that term, it's certainly true about the food some marvellous stuff on the menus (and some a little more iffy) but definitely very little overlap with the stuff on Mr Lee's menu.

I P Knightley
14 hours ago, jonesy said:

Think I read a while back that research had been done into this and we are programmed through evolution to spot differences in those who appear vaguely similar to us partly to stop in-breeding. We all have a natural blind spot when it comes to identifying physical differences between other ethnicities (or at least that’s what I tell my Chinese wife when she finds me in bed with Korean and Japanese bursds).

There's a little more to it than that, though.

If you consider Chinese men, for instance, compared to British: there's less variation in height; there's less (or no) variation in hair colour; and I don't think I've seen a Chinese man with anything other than straight hair. So there are fewer marker points for us to make a distinction and, because we're not constantly surrounded by Chinese people and expected to make a distinction between them, "they all look the same" is not a massive surprise.

Maroon Sailor
2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

The media can't go 1 second without a story based on skin colour.

Alex Scott seems to be on TV every day. She's hosting this new game show now (The Tournament) and she is awful at it.

Mind you the show is awful

Edited by Maroon Sailor

4 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Alex Scott seems to be on TV every day. She's hosting this new game show now (The Tournament) and she is awful at it.

And she has her twin the equally ubiquitous box ticker Jermaine of Jenas.

Maroon Sailor
3 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

And she has her twin the equally ubiquitous box ticker Jermaine of Jenas.

According to Alex Scott the other night Stockport showed great CARRICKTA to come back from 2 down after 5 minutes

Just now, Maroon Sailor said:

According to Alex Scott the other night Stockport showed great CARRICKTA to come back from 2 down after 5 minutes

You should get a Blue Peter badge or something for listening to her prattle.

Maroon Sailor
1 minute ago, JackLadd said:

You should get a Blue Peter badge or something for listening to her prattle.

I only watched the last 5 minutes of that match and this was her post match chat

Just now, Maroon Sailor said:

I only watched the last 5 minutes of that match and this was her post match chat

Micah Richards on Sky is the worst. Souness and Keane often look at the guy like he's mental. A box ticking exercise gone wrong as with the charming Ms Scott. 

Maroon Sailor

Azeem Rafiq says he does not expect "quick" forgiveness from the Jewish community over anti-Semitic messages he sent in 2011 but hopes it does not "derail the cause" of anti-racism.

3 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Azeem Rafiq says he does not expect "quick" forgiveness from the Jewish community over anti-Semitic messages he sent in 2011 but hopes it does not "derail the cause" of anti-racism.

I assume he will be cancelled like Michael Vaughan and others that he made claims against.. Oh wait..😒

13 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

I assume he will be cancelled like Michael Vaughan and others that he made claims against.. Oh wait..😒

Same problem every woman that's been raped has.

They get discredited if they have done anything sexual themselves. 

41 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

The sledging in the Ashes should be fun.

Can just imagine the umpire will get flooded by the players Atletico Madrid style every time something is said

19 hours ago, jonesy said:

Some of the names bandied about in China for both white and black people eclipse 'chinky' ten-fold.

I cant help thinking about Alan Partridge when I hear that word,

🎶  Curly black and kinky....... 🎶

43 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Same problem every woman that's been raped has.

They get discredited if they have done anything sexual themselves. 

This is spot on. 

Malinga the Swinga
1 hour ago, Maroon Sailor said:

I like Alex Scott and quiz itself is okay. Can't be bothered with opening chat, but format is good.

Don't see what she has to do with racism in cricket though.

17 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

I absolutely love ginger haired girls. Probs my fav nowadays. 

When I sit on the bus watching schoolgirls in their black uniform I call the gingers Duracell Batteries.

FTFY

joondalupjambo

White cricketers all over the world going live on TV grovelling to make sure they can continue their careers.  Interesting times.

2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

You been spying on me!

:seething:

No but I’ve seen the safeguarding alert email that was sent round all the schools.

There's need to be an amnesty about peoples historical  social media comments. Its getting a joke  now. 

2 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

There's need to be an amnesty about peoples historical  social media comments. Its getting a joke  now. 

It can only be forgiven depending on what side of the political fence you sit on though. This gets proven every day. Jane Godley anyone. If you are 'left' and throw out a few fake tears and say you are suicidal it is all good. If you are 1mm from the left then you are, always have been and always will be a racist.

6 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

It can only be forgiven depending on what side of the political fence you sit on though. This gets proven every day. Jane Godley anyone. If you are 'left' and throw out a few fake tears and say you are suicidal it is all good. If you are 1mm from the left then you are, always have been and always will be a racist.

You have a point. 

2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

You have a point. 

No he doesn't. 

I can think of a right wing maniac who was consistently saying and writing racist stuff years ago. 

He's Prime Minister now. 

6 minutes ago, Savage Vince said:

No he doesn't. 

I can think of a right wing maniac who was consistently saying and writing racist stuff years ago. 

He's Prime Minister now. 

Took the words out my mouth.

Francis Albert
10 minutes ago, Savage Vince said:

No he doesn't. 

He's Prime Minister now. 

Boris for all of his faults is not a racist. He is an opportunist who was never really a Brexiteer but saw an opportunity. And took it. 

Just now, Francis Albert said:

Boris for all of his faults is not a racist. He is an opportunist who was never really a Brexiteer but saw an opportunity. And took it. 

:wow:

2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Thanks for your well.though out and reasoned contribution

You’re beyond help if you think Boris isn’t racist. Not even worth taking the time to quote the numerous racist comments he’s made previously as you’re either purposely ignorant to them or a bit simple.

Edited by Alex Kintner

Francis Albert
7 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

You’re beyond help if you think Boris isn’t racist. Not even worth taking the time to quote the numerous racist comments he’s made previously as you’re either purposely ignorant to them or a bit simple.

I doubt Johnson has ever resorted to "the bit simple" insult. But perhaps you will prove me wrong.

Edited by Francis Albert

Francis Albert
1 minute ago, Savage Vince said:
17 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Thanks for your well.though out and reasoned contribution

He leads I think the most racially diverse government we have had. Certainly in senior positions. But they happen to be racists too. Or maybe just not the sort of diversity the left want.

17 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I doubt Johnson has ever resorted to "the bit simple" insult. But perhaps you will prove me wrong.

Act simple and people will  naturally assume you are.

Probably hard for Boris to find the time to make such observations amongst his perpetual racism.

4 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Full amnesty after about a month seems reasonable. 👍🏻

1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

He’s racist - you’re kidding yourself on if you think otherwise 

1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

wp-content-1.jpg.15937ba68f717cb54977bb646909f3e3.jpg

wp-content-2.jpg.e8cffababcf48a1337b4c116598907ae.jpg

wp-content-3.jpg

Maroon Sailor

Cricket chiefs in England and Wales say racism and discrimination is a "blight" on our game and they "apologise unreservedly".

"Our game must win back your trust," ECB chief executive Tom Harrison said.

#bbccricket

Dennis Denuto
10 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Janey Godley did get canceled though 🤷‍♂️