• Maroon Sailor

• i8hibsh

• Malinga the Swinga

• JackLadd

8 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Well, it takes one to know one, but you truly are a shite poster. Well done! ㊗️

Don't you worry about other posters, just be yourself pal. 😉

Malinga the Swinga

Not content with going after Vaughan, Balance & Hales,I see Rafiq now trying to drag Joe Root into matter. Is every single white guy a racist? Is every cricketer secretly abusing Asians and minorities?

Is everyone guilty without trial or is word if one man enough to convict?

What about the coach who Rafiq said was racist to him while at Yorkshire despite him having left before Rafiq was there?

We seem to lurch from ignoring racism to believing all are guilty. 

Maroon Sailor
5 hours ago, benny said:

Harry Enfield knew.25 seconds in.

That was more to do with only players from Yorkshire could play for them.

1 hour ago, Maroon Sailor said:

If that was still the rule they’d actually be in a good place as Yorkshire has a large Asian heritage population and they love their cricket. Either way they’ve shut themselves in the foot with all this business as those younger lads won’t want to go there now. 

Maroon Sailor
12 minutes ago, Tazio said:

If that was still the rule they’d actually be in a good place as Yorkshire has a large Asian heritage population and they love their cricket. Either way they’ve shut themselves in the foot with all this business as those younger lads won’t want to go there now. 

They shot themselves in the foot in the 70s with regards to that hence why their Championships dried up

All the other counties (smaller) were bringing in the likes of Clive Lloyd, Viv Richards, Zaheer Abbas, Mike Proctor, Gordon Greenidge, Asif Iqbal.

6 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

They shot themselves in the foot in the 70s with regards to that hence why their Championships dried up

All the other counties (smaller) were bringing in the likes of Clive Lloyd, Viv Richards, Zaheer Abbas, Mike Proctor, Gordon Greenidge, Asif Iqbal.

At that time I think you can genuinely say Mike Proctor is the only one on that list they would have been accepted. As a teenager Somerset were the team to watch with the cricket they played. At the time Yorkshire were seen as boring and old fashioned in their game. 

Maroon Sailor
4 minutes ago, Tazio said:

At that time I think you can genuinely say Mike Proctor is the only one on that list they would have been accepted. As a teenager Somerset were the team to watch with the cricket they played. At the time Yorkshire were seen as boring and old fashioned in their game. 

Maybe so but even Michael Vaughan struggled to get in because he was born in Greater Manchester.

14 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Maybe so but even Michael Vaughan struggled to get in because he was born in Greater Manchester.

But he had the same biological advantage as Proctor to some of the Yorkshire dinosaurs. 

Maroon Sailor
9 minutes ago, Tazio said:

But he had the same biological advantage as Proctor to some of the Yorkshire dinosaurs. 

The main factor in those days was being born in Yorkshire. No matter what the colour of your skin if you weren't Yorkshire you were not getting to play for Yorkshire CCC

Dennis Denuto

I see Scottish cricket is now having the spotlight shone in its direction now too.

From my prospective, I played with and against hundreds of cricketers from many different backgrounds, nationalities, religions and cultures. There was loads of back and forth banter about all of those tings and loads of discussions about each others cultures etc.  I did see anti asian racism in the 80s but not since then, I have however seen racist abuse between different asian nationalities on the field. I have had abuse from Scots to Asians about many things on the cricket field, some of it very offensive and in no way intended to be banter.

I think the issue here is dressing room banter and where is the line for it to cross into bullying, in my experience it was mostly friendly as people who didn't like each other generally didn't talk to each other.

So I didn't see racism as a major issue in Scottish Cricket but then I am white and scottish so...........

Malinga the Swinga
2 hours ago, Dennis Denuto said:

I see Scottish cricket is now having the spotlight shone in its direction now too.

From my prospective, I played with and against hundreds of cricketers from many different backgrounds, nationalities, religions and cultures. There was loads of back and forth banter about all of those tings and loads of discussions about each others cultures etc.  I did see anti asian racism in the 80s but not since then, I have however seen racist abuse between different asian nationalities on the field. I have had abuse from Scots to Asians about many things on the cricket field, some of it very offensive and in no way intended to be banter.

I think the issue here is dressing room banter and where is the line for it to cross into bullying, in my experience it was mostly friendly as people who didn't like each other generally didn't talk to each other.

So I didn't see racism as a major issue in Scottish Cricket but then I am white and scottish so...........

Haq, the main agitator in this row, is a shit stirrer. Sent home from previous word cup in disgrace, he has had massive chip on shoulder ever since.

Most of this seems, in Scotland, to be cultural, but I would argue that these guys should be fitting into ours, nor expecting them Scottish cultural to change to theirs.

Dennis Denuto
6 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Haq, the main agitator in this row, is a shit stirrer. Sent home from previous word cup in disgrace, he has had massive chip on shoulder ever since.

Most of this seems, in Scotland, to be cultural, but I would argue that these guys should be fitting into ours, nor expecting them Scottish cultural to change to theirs.

Maj is Scottish though and came through the Kelburne youth system, also hard to see any institutional racism directed at him as he is Scotland’s most capped player(I think anyway). 

I would be wary of dismissing his allegations out of hand though. 

I think there is going to be a backlash somewhere down the line, when someone calls out an Asian/ black person for being racist, only thing is the denial will be ten times that than the denials,being heard now.

The assumption, quite wrongly in my life experience is that only whites are racist, only males are sexist, and only heterosexual males are homophobic.

If only life and the human race were that simple.

2 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

I wonder if Vaughan will keep his job with Fox Sports for the Ashes. BT Sport take their feed. 

Vaughan has worked for them for a while. Found that out when I was down there in 2019. He even had his own post day roundup program on Fox.

Interesting to see if he is there in a couple of weeks.

Unless Vaughan admits it or audio evidence comes to light then for him to be sacked would be completely unfair. 

Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, Des Lynam said:

Unless Vaughan admits it or audio evidence comes to light then for him to be sacked would be completely unfair. 

In just world, that is how it would work. Unfortunately, it seems you are guilty as soon as accused. 

joondalupjambo
4 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

I wonder if Vaughan will keep his job with Fox Sports for the Ashes. BT Sport take their feed. 

Vaughan has worked for them for a while. Found that out when I was down there in 2019. He even had his own post day roundup program on Fox.

Interesting to see if he is there in a couple of weeks.

Jonno after living in WA for a long while, before heading back here in 2016 I would be very surprised if Vaughan loses the gig.  Cricket down under rules and is far more important than worrying about all of this.  At the moment the ACB will no doubt all have their fingers in their ears signing la, la, la.  The only thing that may change it all is if our media stick the boot right into Vaughan on his arrival down under.

joondalupjambo
1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

Yeah it will be interesting to see what transpires. 

Vaughan is part of our media with his BBC and Telegraph work.

As I say I think the fullest effect will be when he steps foot on Aussie soil thinking he is safe and got away with it all, then boom stuff will come out.  Mind you if he is a pal of Murdoch's he will get protected because down there they just ban stuff from the press when the heid man tells the editors to.  

1 hour ago, Maroon Sailor said:

How many times do we see this sort of thing, somebody making racist or other allegations and then it turns out that they themselves aren't that innocent either.

About a fellow cricketer.

He said the player involved was reluctant to spend money on a meal because "he is a Jew", before later adding, "he will “probs go after my 2nds again ha . . . Only Jews do tht sort of shit”.

joondalupjambo
4 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

How many times do we see this sort of thing, somebody making racist or other allegations and then it turns out that they themselves aren't that innocent either.

I guess it is because the media have gone after him on the instruction of some toff somewhere who thought he was getting ahead of himself.  You are right happens a lot this tit for tat stuff and in this case I just feel that the establishment do not like it. 

How many Lords, Sirs and so on will be on cricket club boards fearing they will be next in the firing line.  Best to get in first before it reaches them.

Maroon Sailor
10 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

That must have been dressing room banter

7 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

I guess it is because the media have gone after him on the instruction of some toff somewhere who thought he was getting ahead of himself.  You are right happens a lot this tit for tat stuff and in this case I just feel that the establishment do not like it. 

How many Lords, Sirs and so on will be on cricket club boards fearing they will be next in the firing line.  Best to get in first before it reaches them.

Doesn't matter does it. When, you go accusing others, better make sure you are squeaky clean yourself. People who live in glasshouses, shouldn't throw stones and all that.

Malinga the Swinga

Unbelievable hypocrisy from Rafiq. All the stuff about what he had to face, thought about suicide, yet turns out he was more than happy to dish out against Jewish people.

Only apologises after he has been caught as well, so apology is worthless.

9 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Doesn't matter does it. When, you go accusing others, better make sure you are squeaky clean yourself. People who live in glasshouses, shouldn't throw stones and all that.

Exactly, it doesn't matter if the media, the establishment, lords ladies and sirs are after him, he's just handed them a bag of stones to throw.

9 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Unbelievable hypocrisy from Rafiq. All the stuff about what he had to face, thought about suicide, yet turns out he was more than happy to dish out against Jewish people.

Only apologises after he has been caught as well, so apology is worthless.

However, The Times has seen an exchange of messages that appear to have been sent ten years ago between Rafiq and the former Leicestershire cricketer Ateeq Javid.

Sources believe they are discussing another Asian cricketer, at the time playing for Derbyshire, whom they seem to accuse of being reluctant to spend money on a meal out because “he is a Jew”. Rafiq jokes that he will “probs go after my 2nds again ha . . . Only Jews do tht sort of shit”.

Javid now lives in Australia. The Times has approached him for comment.

Check your past before you go throwing shit at everyone else. (Not you👍

It is staggering how people just sit back and accept this one way street of oppression.   I am sick to the back ****ing teeth of it.

Maroon Sailor
2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

It is staggering how people just sit back and accept this one way street of oppression.   I am sick to the back ****ing teeth of it.

Rafiq has pulled the wool over people's eyes. Not so innocent himself but he has had everyone telling him how brave he is and getting sympathy galore.

The thing is this won't bother him as he has opened up the cricket changing rooms and thrown away the key.

4 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Rafiq has pulled the wool over people's eyes. Not so innocent himself but he has had everyone telling him how brave he is and getting sympathy galore.

The thing is this won't bother him as he has opened up the cricket changing rooms and thrown away the key.

Not even just this it is absolutely everywhere.  Sick to the back ****ing teeth of it.  It is doing serious damage to race relations - people need to wake up to this.  

Jambo_jim2001
21 hours ago, Longbaws said:

I think this incident has shown us that cricket should be banned across the world.

What about my and others insomnia??,,could always watch Hibs,,maybe not!

Maroon Sailor
5 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Not even just this it is absolutely everywhere.  Sick to the back ****ing teeth of it.  It is doing serious damage to race relations - people need to wake up to this.  

People are waking up to it.

A lot of people are frightened to say anything in case someone takes offence.

Malinga the Swinga
32 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

However, The Times has seen an exchange of messages that appear to have been sent ten years ago between Rafiq and the former Leicestershire cricketer Ateeq Javid.

Sources believe they are discussing another Asian cricketer, at the time playing for Derbyshire, whom they seem to accuse of being reluctant to spend money on a meal out because “he is a Jew”. Rafiq jokes that he will “probs go after my 2nds again ha . . . Only Jews do tht sort of shit”.

Javid now lives in Australia. The Times has approached him for comment.

Check your past before you go throwing shit at everyone else. (Not you👍

NP

When I look back at my past and the era I was brought up in (I’m nearly 70) I shudder to think of what was the norm back then. 
Black Man from the ice van came going out for a Chinky or an Indian (Curry). None of which I ever view as racist as I had no prejudice against any of them in fact I had great fondness for them and the food which has gone on to change the way we eat.  

Francis Albert
6 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

When I look back at my past and the era I was brought up in (I’m nearly 70) I shudder to think of what was the norm back then. 
Black Man from the ice van came going out for a Chinky or an Indian (Curry). None of which I ever view as racist as I had no prejudice against any of them in fact I had great fondness for them and the food which has gone on to change the way we eat.  

What are you shudderring about? Chinky and Indian were just terms for Chinese and err ... Indian food. The latter in particular seems totally inoffensive even today.

1 hour ago, jonesy said:

Some of the names bandied about in China for both white and black people eclipse 'chinky' ten-fold.

My dad used to teach students from all over the world and when the chinese students took him out for food at a restaurant they frequented he was given a completely different menu than normal. He was informed that UK folks use the round eyes menu. 

49 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

My dad used to teach students from all over the world and when the chinese students took him out for food at a restaurant they frequented he was given a completely different menu than normal. He was informed that UK folks use the round eyes menu. 

They also, like all other races think other races all look the same.

A white person mistakes two black gentlemen as one and they may as well just change their name to Hitler as they will be called it for the rest of their lives.

1 minute ago, jonesy said:

Think I read a while back that research had been done into this and we are programmed through evolution to spot differences in those who appear vaguely similar to us partly to stop in-breeding. We all have a natural blind spot when it comes to identifying physical differences between other ethnicities (or at least that’s what I tell my Chinese wife when she finds me in bed with Korean and Japanese bursds).

Off topic kinda but I find Asian women absolutely gorgeous but I just can't explain it as they just don't float my boat. Think I like more curves and meat. 

11 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

They also, like all other races think other races all look the same.

A white person mistakes two black gentlemen as one and they may as well just change their name to Hitler as they will be called it for the rest of their lives.

He thought it was funny and still does. Still goes on about how wonderful the other menu was….

If folk spent more time on being proud of who they are rather than being proud of being part of a race or religion, the world would be a better place. Morgan Freeman kens the score.

Thing is everyone should be proud of their skin colour and race. It is who we are. I would feel uncomfortable saying I am proud of mine in public.

Fair enough - we’ve all got our faves :) 

I’m not particularly fussed by ethnicity or group - have had LTRs with ginger and black lassies before getting married. The only constant were their guide dogs and white canes!

I absolutely love ginger haired girls. Probs my fav nowadays.

Mind at school we had a black uniform and used to call the gingers Duracell Bateries

:rofl:

18 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

It isn't because Enfield is simply refering to his skin colour not his geography.

Also Headingley is/was known to be  a recsits cesspit for England test games. 

Maroon Sailor
5 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

It isn't because Enfield is simply refering to his skin colour not his geography.

Also Headingley is/was known to be  a recsits cesspit for England test games. 

It's a visual gag that wouldn't work with a non Yorkshire white persom

8 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Australia raging that England is taking on the moral high ground.

Massive stitch of the guy. The exchange was a two way thing until he went a bit further than she did. It was investigated nearer the time and it was found to not be worthy of further punishment. 
And the real kicker. The woman didn’t complain until 7 months after the photo was sent. Which just happened to be at the same time as she was sacked for stealing. Stupid arse that shouldn’t have sent her a picture of his dick, but on this occasion the complainant doesn’t seem a very nice person either.