***Official Heart of Midlothian vs Dundee Utd Match thread***

William H. Bonney

36 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Agreed.

Jallan Films stuff is top notch - what is his/her story? Seems like a Jambo and the club use the content. It’s a great way to get a different set of highlights from each game anyway.

The club hires someone to film games in documentary style and makes highlights. They also use a club employee to get secondary footage. 

not much of a story but there you go 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cruyff

• Marvin

• sadj

• GinRummy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

At the game sitting behind the goals I thought Woodburn's shout was going miles away from the goal. What a surprise to see it nestle into the side netting! Watching it back, the skill to do that was top notch. I hope he kicks on now, undoubtable he has talent, think he just needs time to get up to speed with the game and playing first team football every week. If he plays like that every week what a player we will have. He played one pass in the first half from left to right with the outside of his boot to McKay that was a joy to watch.  

1 hour ago, Hackney Hearts said:

You make it sound like it had some part to play in the goal! 

The non-handball took place in the Hearts half, in front of the Utd dugout - everyone knew the referee said no foul (only 2 Utd players had made half-hearted appeals) - and the action for the goal happened about 20 seconds later, after half a dozen passes. Their keeper was really clutching at straws complaining about something that far back - senseless way to pick up a yellow card.

It definitely did as a long ball was then played to gino, which resulted in us scoring a goal. 

Just now, Riccarton3 said:

Ha ha lovely finish by Woodburn.

Bingo and Sue Ellen should start the Motherwell thread for a laugh

No way 😂 I'm not taking blame if we somehow get beat 😂

I see five Hearts players made the Sky SPL team of the week this week.

Cochrane, Devlin, Ginelly, Kingsley, and Woodburn. 

4 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I see five Hearts players made the Sky SPL team of the week this week.

Cochrane, Devlin, Ginelly, Kingsley, and Woodburn. 

Didn’t pay much attention to the other highlights but as far as outfield players go they were probably the best. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
2 hours ago, Stendelnator said:

The club hires someone to film games in documentary style and makes highlights. They also use a club employee to get secondary footage. 

not much of a story but there you go 

It’s something we didn’t used to do and it’s a real positive addition IMO - not a huge story but whoever does it is talented and captures some great moments we wouldn’t otherwise see.

Cammy’s celebration with Woodburn at the first; the way Ben connects for his second.

You make your own luck.

8 hours ago, GinRummy said:

David Witteveen (sp)

Being fair to big Dave.

He wasn't an imposter nor wage thief.

The imposters were the ones who signed and played him:lol:

The boy couldn't his luck.

Every time I watch Woodburn's second it gets better. If he keeps playing like that Klopp is going to be putting his name on a squad sheet in a few years.

14 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Being fair to big Dave.

He wasn't an imposter nor wage thief.

The imposters were the ones who signed and played him:lol:

The boy couldn't his luck.

Too true. Funny looking back on it but was just astonishing at the time. So many weird things happened at Hearts during Romanov that the owner plucking some random Austrian from the bowels of European football and insisting he plays just barely raises an eyebrow. 

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Too true. Funny looking back on it but was just astonishing at the time. So many weird things happened at Hearts during Romanov that the owner plucking some random Austrian from the bowels of European football and insisting he plays just barely raises an eyebrow. 

Jamie Mole, played as a lone striker in CL qualifier.

Just now, Tommy Brown said:

😂😂😂. What a ****ing circus eh. Every time I think back to it, nearly going bust, the cups, the players brought in for burley, the Lithuanian influx, Rix, Malofeev, Pressley and co revolting. All serious stuff but I just end up pissing myself laughing. It was just so bizarre.  

I remember a few weeks ago Allan McGregor made a good save down low to his left in a European game. It was slavered over for days after by the likes of Richard Gordon. it was a very good save save but I haven't heard anything about CG's save from any of them. 

Allan McGregor's 89th minute save for Rangers v Slavia Prague is so incredible it's gone viral (msn.com)

Edited by upgotheheads

13 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

😂😂😂. What a ****ing circus eh. Every time I think back to it, nearly going bust, the cups, the players brought in for burley, the Lithuanian influx, Rix, Malofeev, Pressley and co revolting. All serious stuff but I just end up pissing myself laughing. It was just so bizarre.  

Wouldn't swap it though.

One thing it showed in the Burley season was the potential we have.

If we had to play at Murrayfield permanently, what crowds would we have got?

3 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Wouldn't swap it though.

One thing it showed in the Burley season was the potential we have.

If we had to play at Murrayfield permanently, what crowds would we have got?

During that time I think we could’ve got 40k for some games. Would’ve been disastrous when the wheels came off. 14k supporters in that place would’ve seemed empty. 

On 08/11/2021 at 11:50, DG_HMFC said:

I didn't like Gnando's attitude on Saturnday. It looks like we've built a great team spirit and workman-like attitude when we play football, but this guy was waving his arms about moaning like **** if yhe ball wasn't perfect. ****ing run after it!!! And when McEneff scored, Gnando looks raging that he never squared it to him, so much so he didn't even go and celebrate with the rest of the lads. I'll no doubt get told I'm looking too much into it but I just don't like the guy at all. He's pish at football and doesn't fit into this team imo.

Anyone who disagrees with you is clueless. Gnando needs to be punted ASAP.

Bazzas right boot
On 08/11/2021 at 14:34, XB52 said:

He can't help himself. Must have been crying himself to sleep Saturday night as he couldn't come on and complain about our team or manager. 

🤣🤣🤣

Paul McCallum. At the most critical time in the admin year when we still had a chance to stay up, we had exactly one exemption to sign a player during administration and brought in him instead of Rudi, who apparently was willing to come and play for peanuts. His response was to loaf around the pitch and was soon dropped.

On 06/11/2021 at 23:47, Jambo61 said:

Suppose you will claim Dundee Utd are a great team too? That will be why they walked right through a couple of times eh!

He made many changes, unexpectedly! They played well, not flawlessly but well. Took their chances from open play at last!

He started with 1 too many forwards for me and his subs were, in my opinion, as I am allowed one, wrong. McEneff (probably could have started) should have come on for McKay with Woodburn moved forward!

Then again, if you always claim a wonder team you're bound to be right, eventually!

Enjoy your supercilious glow!

Tit

On 25/09/2021 at 18:14, Gmcjambo said:

Yes it's Livi,  but I thought that was a very complete performance and what impressed me most was the qaulity on the ball right throughout the team.    NO question that this team will continue to improve and is just getting going.    Can't remember that last time I've seen quality throughout the team like this.    I also think Woodburn in particular has not really got going yet - clearly quality on the ball but we'll see much more impact from him over the coming weeks.    Devlin is a great find and will complement Beni so well but I thought Moore was very impressive today.    Actually looking forward to watching this team develop and play and think we're finally out of the doldrums.   Spoon burners be ware!

I have just watched the full match on Hearts TV and I have to say............what a fantastic game of football to watch. Not just because Hearts scored five goals and won. Obviously that makes any match more enjoyable. But fair play to Dundee Utd, they played some good stuff and played their part in making it an exciting spectacle too. 

When I saw the team lineup before kick off I was very pleased with it. My only worry was Taylor Moore at wing back but he did pretty well playing in a position that isn't ideally suited to him. So that was all good. 

Craigy was Craigy.

Defensively we looked a wee bit more vulnerable than we have. Souttar was caught out of position for United's second goal and Halkett had one or two iffy moments again. I think I would like to see Moore-Souttar-Kingsley tried as a back three. That would seem tough on Craig Halkett but he is making mistakes most weeks and that can't be ignored just because the team aren't losing. 

In midfield, Cammy and Beni were their usual all action, dynamic selves. They are the heartbeat of this team.

It was the front three I was most pleased with though. It's heresy to say anything negative about Liam Boyce but I am going to. Kind of. I have been saying for a few weeks now that I think Boyce is slow and that can be problematic at times(away to the Old Firm especially). Having Ginnelly through the middle added a different dynamic to our attacking play. The movement looked better and the tempo of the build up play felt faster. We have been crying out for that. Even if Boyce is fit for our next match I would like to see this front three tried again. It worked really well. It was also nice to see Aaron McEneff get a goal late on. He is a player who will score goals if we use him properly. You can see he is a natural finisher. 

One more thing on Ben Woodburn. I think he is ideally suited for the #10 role. Unfortunately for him we are currently playing a formation that does not have a #10 role, but I think he would be very good in that position. His use of the ball is very good and he plays some lovely through balls when he finds himself in that area of the field. It was good for him to get off the mark goals wise on Saturday. He was needing that. Hopefully he can relax a bit now and kick on. He's a talent and we need to get as much out of him as we can.

Overall a fantastic result, a great performance, and a good game of football to watch. Can't ask for any more than that. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
On 08/11/2021 at 19:25, Rudolf said:

You see how big a deflection that was for their 1st goal in those highlights. 

It also seemed to speed up mentally when it hit Kinglsey’s head.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
On 08/11/2021 at 19:59, Tommy Brown said:

Instead of Janny and Pinilla 😂

Our one chance in a generation of getting into the group stages and Romanov’s puppet allowed Romanov to **** it up.

Will never forgive them for that.

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

It also seemed to speed up mentally when it hit Kinglsey’s head.

Great finish Tbf.