***Official St Johnstone FC Vs Heart of Midlothian FC Match Thread***

gregzy2k7

1 minute ago, 1953 said:

Very frustrating. 70% to 30%. 18 shots to 9. And a defensive blunder costs us another 2 points.

4 each on target!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cruyff

• Hearts007

• GinRummy

• Harry Potter

Just now, Madjambo21 said:

Took our time to get going unfortunately. 

Should have won that but another draw 😣

Expect more from Woodburn though, just hits it and hope.

On the field for 15 minutes?

Absolute Scenes

****ing embarrassing three points against the bottom three teams. Un ****ing acceptable.this team needs rocket up the arse abso****inglutely pronto, what a shite show that first half was. Worst I’ve seen hearts play in a half in a long time. 

Outstanding second half. Full round of fixtures unbeaten. Need a striker, but not many teams have pinned them back like that at home for a while.

2 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Can we please, please, please work on crossing the ball during training please?!  Ffs, so frustrating, total dominance in the second half but yet another draw.  

Absolutely this. The final ball is generally dreadful. 

1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Can we please, please, please work on crossing the ball during training please?!  Ffs, so frustrating, total dominance in the second half but yet another draw.  

its embarrasing .  That free kick from Halliday (I’m sure) sums it up. 

Pasquale for King

Far too predictable, hardly create any chances and too many players tripping over each other at the back and in midfield.

1 minute ago, Stone1992 said:

How do you get us bottom 6 if we keep

up our current ratio of wins draws and losses? 

Aye, whit losses ?

1 minute ago, OTT said:

Think Walker deserved a run out tbh. Might have offered more than Woodburn. 

Another 2 points chucked. We should have beaten them. 2nd half totally dominated them. ****sake. 

Woodburn had one excellent run just after coming on, where he gave it out wide to Gnanduillet who fluffed it. 

He should have just whacked it, he's got some shot on him, and who knows with a wet ball what could have happened. Looks like he desperately needs a goal to get up and running, someone on a better run of form than him would never have passed. 

Would have swapped Walker for Halliday though. Shite. 

It is pretty amazing given the past years to be gutted at only being 3rd and not winning these last two games. 

I'm annoyed we don't have at least 4 points from the past few games.

But, the football we are playing is great. And we are 3rd.

As annoyed as I am, I'm happy to be getting annoyed at these things.

We're quite good at passing.  We're very good at passing backwards and sideways.

We're mediocre to poor at almost everything else.

Just now, Sertse said:

Get Gnando to ****. Not good enough.

Probably needs loaned out to ICT or similar if we can get better in, in January because the Championship is his level unfortunately.

best in the land
1 minute ago, DS98 said:

I only got the second half and he pissed me off the most.

He was an imposter last year at the level below. His wee girly toe poke out of play at the end sums him up.

Back to the bench for him until he gets punted soon hopefully. 

Another 2 points dropped to the bottom 3 clubs. Disappointing. Now more draws than wins in our unbeaten run. County took 5 goals off Dundee at Dens which goes to show what you can do with firepower as well as possession...

Second half was very very good but Halliday on set pieces really? 

I love his battling qualities but he can't cross a ball. FFS get ball players on set pieces. These stupid dropped points will make a huge difference at the end of this season. Annoyed at the result but loved some of the football we played second half. Won't talk about their goal. Devlin easily MOTM

Very disappointed but we are unbeaten after the first round of games and just 3 points from the top.

It could have been a lot worse.

How on earth though did we not beat Dundee?

People need to get their head out the clouds if they think we have squad competing with the old firm. Possibly next season. We are building. 

How on planet earth did we not win that game? Honestly we must be the most frustrating football team to watch on earth, it's seriously not good for your blood pressure following us! Yet again wasteful in the final 3rd, same old story, compounds the fact we are desperately in need of another striker that can score, positives for me were that Gnando played really well and Gino's goal was brilliant, midfield were good again but apart from that we were shocking in first half and probably should have been 3-0 down, on that basis have to just take the point and move on.

P.s after 11 played we are clear 3rd in the league, would have taken that at the start of the season.

best in the land
1 minute ago, upgotheheads said:

On the field for 15 minutes?

I agree tbh, bit disappointed in him so far. 

First game looked promising but another with no end product 

Just now, Jamboelite said:

You’re trolling surely ?

Yes we arent taking chances but this team is actually one of the better ones and there is talent in it.

There heaps of talent, its just not being realised. We're absolutely shocking at converting chances. This season will be the season that could have been. Its so ****ing annoying because the potential is there but we totally shit the bed every time we get a sight of goal. Its unbelievably frustrating. 

Rangers 1 point
Celtic 3 points
Hearts 1 point
Dundee Utd 1 point
Hibs 0 points
Motherwell 1 point

St Mirren 1 point
Aberdeen 1 point

Livi 1 point
Dundee 0 points
Ross County 3 points

A strange evening.

Overall, Celtic and Ross county +2
Dundee and Hibs -1
Everybody else; as you were.

Heart's inability to score when well on top is killing our season.

11 games unbeaten sounds nice but over a 38-game season, 38 games unbeaten can mean anything from 114 points to as little as 38.

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, JamboAndrew said:

It is pretty amazing given the past years to be gutted at only being 3rd and not winning these last two games. 

I'm annoyed we don't have at least 4 points from the past few games.

But, the football we are playing is great. And we are 3rd.

As annoyed as I am, I'm happy to be getting annoyed at these things.

Really?

2 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

We're quite good at passing.  We're very good at passing backwards and sideways.

We're mediocre to poor at almost everything else.

Exactly 

I don't really see where the improvement is going to come from. Unless Gnanduillet suddenly becomes a goal scorer. 

Its solid but just lacking real bite up front. 

Bottom 6 awaits us undoubtedly if we don't do something about our powder puff strike force, I use the word force lightly pmsl. 

Simply nowhere near what we need currently, if it's not addressed then another mehhhh season will unfold.. 

No matter what possession you have if the balls not in the pocket then it's curtains.. 

1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

Least 6 points ahead of that mob ! That’s a bonus 

“That mob” are utter sh*te. Being 6 points ahead of them isn’t an achievement.

Well that was frustrating. After scoring the equaliser we were the dominant team for the rest of the match. But even though we dominated, we didn't create all that much and we barely worked Zander Clark.

We are solid at the back. We are hard to beat. But something is just not clicking up front for us. I will reiterate what I said after Saturday's match, WE ARE DRAWING TOO MANY GAMES. If we have serious aspirations about making the Old Firm sweat a bit this season then we MUST start turning some of these draws into wins.

It was a good performance for the last hour and there was a lot there to be happy about and feel proud of. But we need a little bit more in the final third. Whether that means a change of personnel or a tactical tweak, well that is above my pay grade. Robbie needs to figure it out and figure it out soon.

Edited by No Idle Talk

Just now, KyleLafferty said:

People need to get their head out the clouds if they think we have squad competing with the old firm. Possibly next season. We are building. 

Folk that thought we could challenge the OF this season must be puffing on crack mate. They've only got themselves to blame if they're now disappointed. 

6 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Least 6 points ahead of that mob ! That’s a bonus 

Should be more. Much more. Extrenely frustrating tonight. Hard to feel positive as consistent failure to capitalise on clear control of the game is a worry.

3 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Woodburn had one excellent run just after coming on, where he gave it out wide to Gnanduillet who fluffed it. 

He should have just whacked it, he's got some shot on him, and who knows with a wet ball what could have happened. Looks like he desperately needs a goal to get up and running, someone on a better run of form than him would never have passed. 

Would have swapped Walker for Halliday though. Shite. 

Halliday was shocking. My frustrating is that we're seeing virtually the same team/subs week in week out and we have the same problems week in week out. Walker offers something different and unlike half our attack, he actually knows how to put the ball in the net. 

5 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

Unlike Uche, Gnando and Woodbum don’t even a comic turn in their game.

Really? Woodburn had 5 minutes. 

Our second half performance was as good as I've seen for ages, our performance in the first 20 minutes was awful.  I think we'll see Moore for Halkett against Aberdeen, he nearly cost us the game.