Bruno Aguair

We_are_the_Hearts

We_are_the_Hearts

Anyone know if he is fully fit and training?

Think him and Cesney could be the surprise packages this season. Was impressed with how sharp Cesney was starting to look at the tail end of last season and a full pre-season could be the final touches.

No idea on fitness.

But after such a long bad injury he will surely be even slower and even less willing to put his foot into a tackle.

We need midfielders with power, pace and aggression. Aguiar has none of them.

Nelly Terraces

The last thing I saw Aguair do in a Hearts shirt was stand still like a rabbit in the headlights as the ball came to him allowing a Rankers player to cut in front of him and set up their 2nd goal against us at the Bronx back in 07. A fairly average to poor player. As for Cesney, sorry, forget it. Will never be a player. Started back alright last season for 2 matches, was then awful after that. Same old from him.

Next.

Chesney and Bruno are both pish.Had the same threads when Chesney was getting ready to come back into the team and when he was back he was ****.How the mind plays tricks Bruno is pish.

Think him and Cesney could be the surprise packages this season. Was impressed with how sharp Cesney was starting to look at the tail end of last season and a full pre-season could be the final touches.

Absolutely zero goal threat though, which could possibly be overlooked if the pair of them weren't prone to disappearing from games altogether. I like Aguair's passing game but it's not enough for me.

Nelly Terraces

Sad to say Dave, indicative of the problems ANY new manager will find at the club when they arrive. A severe paucity of talent. Aggy is just one of a large amount of players not up to the job.

Audrey behind the front 2 (or 1) next season anyone? Yay! Jump for joy.

Audrey behind the front 2 (or 1) next season anyone? Yay! Jump for joy.

Christ, that made for depressing reading right there... :(

Have to disagree re Chesney.

Played well in the home cup draw to Motherwell and scored a good goal away to Falkirk. Other than, the was gutless and ineffective. A total imposter. Chesney annoys me because he clearly has talent but only shows it a couple of times a season.

Nelly Terraces
Christ, that made for depressing reading right there... :(

I have a horrible feeling that a lot of people have been so caught up in the managerial saga that they've failed to notice the fact that a lot of the utter guff that paraded itself in a Hearts shirt in the last 2 seasons is still there.

I'll see you an Audrey and raise you a Clum.:P

Woo. Feel the burn.

We shall see then.;)

What is it you rate in Aguiar's game?

His free kicks are okay and he scored a nice chip against Alloa. But that's about it I think.

I have a horrible feeling that a lot of people have been so caught up in the managerial saga that they've failed to notice the fact that a lot of the utter guff that paraded itself in a Hearts shirt in the last 2 seasons is still there.

I'll see you an Audrey and raise you a Clum.:P

Woo. Feel the burn.

I'll say it again... I honestly find it hard to judge any of our team due to the complete incompetence of the club to manage its employees.

I'm hoping a season with minimal interference may allow us to have clearer judgments.

But yes their is some pish their... could be loads could only be a few.

Played well in the home cup draw to Motherwell and scored a good goal away to Falkirk. Other than, the was gutless and ineffective. A total imposter. Chesney annoys me because he clearly has talent but only shows it a couple of times a season.

Ala Miko?

Oh bugger... MIKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wacko:

We_are_the_Hearts

His free kicks are okay and he scored a nice chip against Alloa. But that's about it I think.

I can see him benefitting from playing beside Jonsson. Jonsson will provide the energy and cover for Bruno to get on the ball and control the tempo. He has good vision and a good dead ball delivery. Depends on his fitness though.

I would like to see him in a 3 man midfield with Jonsson and Kingston, with Cesny and Driver supporting a striker. Either that or a 3 man midfield of Jonsson, Aguair and Ruben with kingston and Cesney/Driver supporting the striker. The 2nd one would make us a stronger unit but the 1st one would allow us to create more.

So that basically all adds up to pish imo.Miko does much more and gets bigger pelters.Not saying Miko is the greatest but can never figure out the hate towards Miko as opposed to the love for Chesney.

the voice from above

I'm surprised everyone hates Bruno so much. Maybe it's the fact I've not seen him play in about a four millenia but I remember him being decent. Certainly a better player than bloody Stewart.

Chesney will continue to flatter to deceive. Effective for about 14 seconds of every game. Not SPL style player (maybe not any style of player?)

So that basically all adds up to pish imo.Miko does much more and gets bigger pelters.Not saying Miko is the greatest but can never figure out the hate towards Miko as opposed to the love for Chesney.

I'd get rid of both of them (and Audrey and Clum) to be honest and get in 2 decent wingers and an attacking midfielder. With Larry and Driver, we should have enough midfield and wing competetion.

I'd get rid of both of them (and Audrey and Clum) to be honest and get in 2 decent wingers and an attacking midfielder. With Larry and Driver, we should have enough midfield and wing competetion.

I pretty much agree but of the 2 i think Miko is the better.

I'm surprised everyone hates Bruno so much.

I wouldn't say 'hate'.

Just not rated highly would be a better description.

I can see him benefitting from playing beside Jonsson. Jonsson will provide the energy and cover for Bruno to get on the ball and control the tempo. He has good vision and a good dead ball delivery. Depends on his fitness though.

I would like to see him in a 3 man midfield with Jonsson and Kingston, with Cesny and Driver supporting a striker. Either that or a 3 man midfield of Jonsson, Aguair and Ruben with kingston and Cesney/Driver supporting the striker. The 2nd one would make us a stronger unit but the 1st one would allow us to create more.

I think our midfield group is very weak. As weak as the forwards.

I would like to see us bring in a real holding midfielder - a Brellier - to play beside Jonsson. Maybe McGowan is that player? And a player who could break from midfield past the strikers or a real 'hole' player to play behind the striker. We need a wide right midfielder, though I think Driver and Miko have done enough to justify squad roles in wide positions. And Chesney has something though he flatters to deceive most of the time.

I would look to move on Kingston - he's never going to be value for that money, Palazeulos, Screpis, Besijla, Ksnavicius, Ivaskevicius and Aguiar, maybe Stewart.

I pretty much agree but of the 2 i think Miko is the better.

Chesney probably has more talent but Miko gives more effort and is slightly more effective. I'd rather keep Miko than Chesney but I think it would be better for the club and them if they both moved on. In fact, since Velicka and Janny have left, we don't have any Lithuanians worth keeping. I'd rather go with youth team players than 3rd rate foreigners.

We_are_the_Hearts
I think our midfield group is very weak. As weak as the forwards.

I would like to see us bring in a real holding midfielder - a Brellier - to play beside Jonsson. Maybe McGowan is that player? And a player who could break from midfield past the strikers or a real 'hole' player to play behind the striker. We need a wide right midfielder, though I think Driver and Miko have done enough to justify squad roles in wide positions. And Chesney has something though he flatters to deceive most of the time.

I would look to move on Kingston - he's never going to be value for that money, Palazeulos, Screpis, Besijla, Ksnavicius, Ivaskevicius and Aguiar, maybe Stewart.

Need to agree to disagree here. I would have Jonsson as the holding player. I would always find a place for Larry, without him we have no quality. I think our midfield is the strongest part of our team. We need strikers and Full backs and another Centre Half for me.

Need to agree to disagree here. I would have Jonsson as the holding player. I would always find a place for Larry, without him we have no quality. I think our midfield is the strongest part of our team. We need strikers and Full backs and another Centre Half for me.

No one doubts that Kingston has talent. And he has the passing ability and shooting ability. But he doesn't put any effort in - we have seen why he's never played at a decent sized club. And if he was moved on it could fund the wages for 3 or 4 decent players.

Jonsson doesn't have the tactical nouse yet to be the holding player. I'm a big fan of Jonsson but if we go with the midgets round about him he doesn't have the tactics (as Brellier did) or the strength (as Brellier did) to cover up for the midgets.

We_are_the_Hearts
No one doubts that Kingston has talent. And he has the passing ability and shooting ability. But he doesn't put any effort in - we have seen why he's never played at a decent sized club. And if he was moved on it could fund the wages for 3 or 4 decent players.

Jonsson doesn't have the tactical nouse yet to be the holding player. I'm a big fan of Jonsson but if we go with the midgets round about him he doesn't have the tactics (as Brellier did) or the strength (as Brellier did) to cover up for the midgets.

We have enough decent players.............I want to be entertained and Larry entertains. Jonsson and Ruben/Aguair can provide the energy and agression. We need a balance.

Brelliers tactic was to get a silly booking early doors then walk a tightrope the rest of the game. He was a decent player but Eggert will be better, no doubt about that.

Opinions eh :)

We have enough decent players.............I want to be entertained and Larry entertains. Jonsson and Ruben/Aguair can provide the energy and agression. We need a balance.

Brelliers tactic was to get a silly booking early doors then walk a tightrope the rest of the game. He was a decent player but Eggert will be better, no doubt about that.

Opinions eh :)

Have to agree, Larry should stay and always start when fit.

He has flaws to his game but he is our only player of any real quality.

kissthebadge

Chesney flatters to deceive, no end product.

Eggy looks decent but offers nothing going forward & can’t shoot for toffee, better as a def mid.

Aguiar looks to have a bit of class & can get in the mixer when required. Whether he’ll be willing to do that now having been out for so long remains to be seen.

Kingston should always start but needs a strong manager to tell him to get up off his erse and stop moaning when he loses the ball. He will never be perfect as he still acts the goat when playing for Ghana but still the most talented player in the squad.

Miko puts in a decent shift and has the talent but needs the crowd to be 100% behind him at all times. Can’t see that happening with any player this season.

Michael Stewart deserves another crack in my opinion. Good in a good team, bad in a bad team. Same could be said for 99% of the squad.

Not sure Ruben can cut-it in the SPL, however should be better after getting his first (half) season out the way. Screpis will no doubt be out the door shortly which is a shame as I thought he could offer something a bit different.

Would rather not comment on Iva Choo Choo and Audrey.

The midfield is not our main problem. Every other department is.

Jam Tarts 1874

It seems to me that peoples evaluation of Bruno depends on whether or not you are a pitch-fork merchant (or hobo). I wish people would stop boring us with their anti-Romanov agenda and try and inject some objectivity to their opinions.

Bruno is a good passer of the ball and he is combative with his tackling. He doesn't join in the attack as much as he should, but that can be worked on.

I watched him in the reserves towards the end of last season, he appears to have completely recovered from his injury and looked pretty fit. He was also bossing the midfield and helping our youngers players very intelligently.

He is not Brellier (thankfully, we have enough problems with cards!) and so I assume that this is the real reason the pitch-fork merchants don't like him.

It seems to me that peoples evaluation of Bruno depends on whether or not you are a pitch-fork merchant (or hobo). I wish people would stop boring us with their anti-Romanov agenda and try and inject some objectivity to their opinions.

Bruno is a good passer of the ball and he is combative with his tackling. He doesn't join in the attack as much as he should, but that can be worked on.

I watched him in the reserves towards the end of last season, he appears to have completely recovered from his injury and looked pretty fit. He was also bossing the midfield and helping our youngers players very intelligently.

He is not Brellier (thankfully, we have enough problems with cards!) and so I assume that this is the real reason the pitch-fork merchants don't like him.

Perfectly summed up mate!

At least we know Bruno has got some ability and skill unlike most in our rank rotten squad at the moment.

Give the guy a chance when he gets back to full fitness.

I'd go along with that, well said sir.

off at tangent slightly but re Kingston. he should never be played as a wide man in the spl. the man simply cannot run and is lost to the team when put out wide and asked to chase punts down the channels.

if he plays put him in the middle where he cannot help but be involved. stops him hiding and puts an end to those derisory glances while standing with hands on hips making out he's above this league.

I'd go along with that, well said sir.

off at tangent slightly but re Kingston. he should never be played as a wide man in the spl. the man simply cannot run and is lost to the team when put out wide and asked to chase punts down the channels.

if he plays put him in the middle where he cannot help but be involved. stops him hiding and puts an end to those derisory glances while standing with hands on hips making out he's above this league.

Did you not see the goal he scored against Dundee United at Tynie?

Did you not see the African Cup of Nations?

Kingston is fine at right wing.

Johanes de Silentio

Yup,

My midfield would be Driver pushing on on the left, Ruben in the holding role, Larry (if we can afford to keep 'im) pushing on from centre mid. (I also think that he's less effective out wide)

The right wing position could go to any one from Miko, Cesnauskis, and Beslija - Ivaskevicius can beat it!

Eggert is class, but Ruben has a slight edge on him for me just now. I think Eggert is gonnae be a BIG player - IF he is handled right.

I also think that Audrey will be better this seasaw, now that he's had a wee rest.

Bruno is QUALITY, but I wouldn't expect too much from him too soon - he's been out a LONG time with a nasty injury.

Tell you another thing - if Brellier was here last seasaw, we wouldn't have conceded half the goals we did!

Just sayin'.

Al.

not doubting his ability pal just making the point he's not an athlete. admittedly he doesnt need to be an athlete to play but we dont get the best out of him when we put him out wide and ask him to move (with or without the ball). he's not made for moving. ghana play a very different game to Hearts of last year.

Tynecastle Valhalla

i would tend to agree with some on here, bruno has very good passing ability. to say he is a poor player is nonsense. he is maybe not designed for scottish game physically but he is excellent at through balls and long balls and short passes and great from corners and free kicks. i would personally play him at left midfield as driver's final ball is not good enough at the moment.

not doubting his ability pal just making the point he's not an athlete. admittedly he doesnt need to be an athlete to play but we dont get the best out of him when we put him out wide and ask him to move (with or without the ball). he's not made for moving. ghana play a very different game to Hearts of last year.

You are right about his level of effort.

Hopefully a proper manager will have him up for it.

hope so CN, hope so.

suspect there is a real gem there and with better tutelage and in an improved team he could yet prove to be one of Vlads all too ocassional highlights.

hope so CN, hope so.

suspect there is a real gem there and with better tutelage and in an improved team he could yet prove to be one of Vlads all too ocassional highlights.

Would have liked to have seen him play wide right in George Burley's team.

That would have been something.

my pecking order for centre midfield given the current roster would be as follows...

Palazuelos

Johnsson

Bruno

Stewart

Obviously Kingston would be top but I think he should play on the right. I have been very impressed with Bruno every time I've seen him play and I think he could climb that pecking order very quickly- he has a great attitude which for me is the most important attribute in any player.

siegementality

Given Chesney has been at the club for three years and has been pish all that time then it would indeed be a "surprise" if he suddenly became impressive!

So going by your logic then, if you don't support Romanov and the board then you walk around with a pitchfork. Your new term to criticise someone who doesn't agree with your opinion.

I wish you would stop boring us with your naive 'all is well' pap.

Bruno is at best an average passer of the ball for a central midfielder. That position should be held by a talented player with vision and ability to play short and simple or long and accurate at ease.

When have we ever flooded this board with praise for Bruno's passing abilities?!?

Seeing as you are relatively new to the board, but speak as though you've been around since 19-oatcake, you would've missed this point.

If he was looking and fit and strong towards the end of last term, why didn't he merit a place on the bench? Maybe because he wasn't deemed worthy of what we have in front of him? Maybe the reserves are his level to 'boss the midfield'?

Whatever the reason, stop being such a pompous anus with your opinions as though you are some bastion of truth and justice.

We haven't got anyone in the midfield who can do that something specialy that will win games. They are too 2 dimensional.

Just looking at the photos of training and seeing some of the pish we have is depressing. Hopefully that will get sorted in the next few weeks.

wilson_hmfc

A lot of differing opinions of our midfield. I agree with some of the guys on here that Bruno infact is a good player who has a good range of passing. He does however, need a combative player next to him to allow him to dictate. Against Dunfermline 2seasons ago Bruno produced a masterclass at dictating a football match, some of the passing was fabulous! He plays football how it should be played. Eggy will be a top class midfield player, he is more of holding player but he is very althetic so that could maybe suggest he could push forward a bit more and try add goals to his game. Start of last season Mikey Stewart was our best player, tenacious, passionate and clever with his passing. He has the talent its just a question of whether he can actually produce. Kingston we are just going to have to accept that he is fantastically talented player with a poor work ethic. Ruben is a more intelligent version of Brellier who i feel if he was moved out to left midfield or even left back he could do a job.

I actually quite liked Aguiar.

The truth, as I see it, is that it's virtually impossible for us to say whether half our players are any good or not. With a proper manager many of them might look a whole lot better than they do now.

Miko looked good in Burley's team, IIRC.

No idea on fitness.

But after such a long bad injury he will surely be even slower and even less willing to put his foot into a tackle.

We need midfielders with power, pace and aggression. Aguiar has none of them.

Agreed.

Another Aguiar myth is that he likes to pass the ball. He may like to pass the ball but rarely finds a Hearts man.

Ineffective player and given a straight choice between Ivaskevicius and Aguiar I know which player I would pick and it would not be Bruno. That is how bad he is IMO.

I actually quite liked Aguiar.

The truth, as I see it, is that it's virtually impossible for us to say whether half our players are any good or not. With a proper manager many of them might look a whole lot better than they do now.

Miko looked good in Burley's team, IIRC.

The only time Miko has been good was when Robbo was in charge.Fail to see how Jonsson is rated above Bruno.The only thing Eggert has over him is fitness.

We_are_the_Hearts
Agreed.

Another Aguiar myth is that he likes to pass the ball. He may like to pass the ball but rarely finds a Hearts man.

Ineffective player and given a straight choice between Ivaskevicius and Aguiar I know which player I would pick and it would not be Bruno. That is how bad he is IMO.

Nonsense, I can see No:28 playing for Benfica and being a regular under Trapatoni right enough.

I'll agree Bruno hasn't delivered but there is a good footballer there. Remember one game against Aberdeen where he controlled the game and tempo for the first half. Really thought we had found a player but for one reason or another he has not kicked on.

Nonsense, I can see No:28 playing for Benfica and being a regular under Trapatoni right enough.

I'll agree Bruno hasn't delivered but there is a good footballer there. Remember one game against Aberdeen where he controlled the game and tempo for the first half. Really thought we had found a player but for one reason or another he has not kicked on.

Are you suggesting that any player picked by Trappatoni or to play for Benfica is suited to playing Scottish football? I'll go further, are you suggesting that every one of those players is a good player? I would remind you that Ben Thornley and Michael Stewart got games under Sir Alex Ferguson, arguably the most successful manager of recent times. If you are suggesting that then you are the one that is making nonsense statements.

Possibly, in Portuguese football, players like Aguiar get so much time on the ball that they can find a teammate, that is far from the case here.

I do not remember one game he controlled, he was always somewhere inbetween Brellier and Hartley for me, but not good enough defensively and not good enough offensively. What I do remember, vividly, is the Siroki Brijeg game where he went 64 minutes (yup, my partner was there and she checks these sort of things) without passing the ball to a Hearts man. A nothing player IMO.

Archived