Walker

gregzy2k7

Berra than you
1 hour ago, andrew said:

Walker or McEneff should have been on the bench yesterday, it's pointless having both Haring and Halliday on there.

I'd disagree. As much as I'm not a halliday fan, he's not on the bench as a central option. He's there to cover wingback so if we get an injury we don't have to change the system. Haring a better player than McEneff. Walker will get on the bench at times when our forward players drop in form. If Boyce is out, he'll likely make the bench on Wednesday. At the end of the day, we don't see them in training day in day out, if they deserved a place on the bench, they would be on the bench.

1 minute ago, whyskey said:

move Woodburn up front and play Mceneff

Although I think mceneff is a central midfielder he could have been an option for wing back role with Smithy.

1 minute ago, Berra than you said:

I'd disagree. As much as I'm not a halliday fan, he's not on the bench as a central option. He's there to cover wingback so if we get an injury we don't have to change the system. Haring a better player than McEneff. Walker will get on the bench at times when our forward players drop in form. If Boyce is out, he'll likely make the bench on Wednesday. At the end of the day, we don't see them in training day in day out, if they deserved a place on the bench, they would be on the bench.

We have cover for left wing back already on the pitch. Just put Moore into central defence. 

Berra than you
Just now, GinRummy said:

We have cover for left wing back already on the pitch. Just put Moore into central defence. 

A fair solution, and probably one I would rather as as I've said, not hallidays biggest fan. Can see from a management point of view though not wanting to unsettle the back three unless necessary. 

He would get bullied as lone striker imo and would struggle to hold up the ball or link play 

I think to even consider him up front you would need him playing off a target man. He can certainly finish but would struggle as the sole striker 

2 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

A fair solution, and probably one I would rather as as I've said, not hallidays biggest fan. Can see from a management point of view though not wanting to unsettle the back three unless necessary. 

Yeah, arguments for and against. I do agree one of them needs left out and McEneff taking a place on the bench. 

Berra than you
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Yeah, arguments for and against. I do agree one of them needs left out and McEneff taking a place on the bench. 

Yeah McEneff is a strange one. I guess he doesn't work in our system in a midfield two but his attributes do benefit us further up the park. He looked like he had something about him last season too. If he's not involved this week in some way he likely will be out the door in January as with the three games this week I would expect some squad rotation.

1 minute ago, Berra than you said:

Yeah McEneff is a strange one. I guess he doesn't work in our system in a midfield two but his attributes do benefit us further up the park. He looked like he had something about him last season too. If he's not involved this week in some way he likely will be out the door in January as with the three games this week I would expect some squad rotation.

I’d certainly expect him to make the bench on Wednesday.