Tinpot Tournament - Aberdeen v Hibs  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the more Tinpot?

• Aberdeen actively seeking crowds of under 10,000
    • Hibs pleading with their fans that Sportemon Go isn’t a scam
    • St Johnstone

August Landmesser

the answer is almost always Aberdeen - absolute riddy of a football club

tbf, Hibs are also an embarrassment, but Aberdeen's stance is actively hurting themselves in the pocket

kingantti1874

Wait, people don’t think aberdeen are “deliberately” trying to keep gates below 10k

they are getting gates below 10k becuase they are a diddy team who sold 8k season tickets.  

Just now, kingantti1874 said:

Wait, people don’t think aberdeen are “deliberately” trying to keep gates below 10k

they are getting gates below 10k becuase they are a diddy team who sold 8k season tickets.  

:laugh2:

6 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Think someone stated that was the case on here ? Seemed to be readily accepted as a FACT ?

Wouldn't be totally shocked if it was a loadashite

Got to be Aberdeen.

Surely a somebody savvy on the board would insist on getting fans in the door to create an atmosphere, no? Help lift the team and all?

Mind you Pittodrie is a souless windy pit.

Kalamazoo Jambo
14 minutes ago, john thomas said:

Think someone stated that was the case on here ? Seemed to be readily accepted as a FACT ?

Wouldn't be totally shocked if it was a loadashite

Aberdeen had sold 8,600 season tickets as of August 13. Source: Dave Cormack.

They have also acknowledged that only 65% of their season ticket holders bother turning up. Source: Aberdeen’s website….

https://www.afc.co.uk/2021/10/07/club-expects-forthcoming-home-crowds-to-remain-under-10000-threshold-with-supporters-not-subject-to-the-proof-of-vaccine-scheme/

They don’t want big away supports in order to keep their crowds under 10,000. Source: me.

Hibs are so tinpot that they constantly have to find new and creative ways in order to be more tinpot. 

A team that held a relegation party for their rivals, lost the game, proceeded to get relegated themselves from a seemingly safe position, and then spent 3 years in the Championship, simply cannot be outdone for levels of tinpot regardless of what other teams do. 

This new HIB$ thing is just a footnote in the appendix of tinpot things that club have done. 

41 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

:spoton:  :lol: 

magicjohnston
43 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Hibs are so tinpot that they constantly have to find new and creative ways in order to be more tinpot. 

A team that held a relegation party for their rivals, lost the game, proceeded to get relegated themselves from a seemingly safe position, and then spent 3 years in the Championship, simply cannot be outdone for levels of tinpot regardless of what other teams do. 

This new HIB$ thing is just a footnote in the appendix of tinpot things that club have done. 

Insert that Dale Carrick gif!

Has to be Aberdeen. The Hibs thing seems to be a Ponzi scheme for fans but there is additional sponsor money. The fact that the supposed 3rd team in Scotland can’t get more than 10k season tickets and actively reducing away allocation so they don’t breach the vaccine passport checks

Kalamazoo Jambo
Just now, Newton51 said:

Has to be Aberdeen. The Hibs thing seems to be a Ponzi scheme for fans but there is additional sponsor money. The fact that the supposed 3rd team in Scotland can’t get more than 10k season tickets and actively reducing away allocation so they don’t breach the vaccine passport checks

I have, somewhat reluctantly, come to that conclusion too.

kingantti1874
58 minutes ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

Aberdeen had sold 8,600 season tickets as of August 13. Source: Dave Cormack.

They have also acknowledged that only 65% of their season ticket holders bother turning up. Source: Aberdeen’s website….

https://www.afc.co.uk/2021/10/07/club-expects-forthcoming-home-crowds-to-remain-under-10000-threshold-with-supporters-not-subject-to-the-proof-of-vaccine-scheme/

They don’t want big away supports in order to keep their crowds under 10,000. Source: me.

they aren’t “deliberately” keeping gates below 10k tho 😂  

they can’t get to 10k.  Despite their best decade in 30 years.

an absolute myth of a football club.  No bigger than Dundee United with a rich fan propping them up. 

Kalamazoo Jambo
Just now, kingantti1874 said:

an absolute myth of a football club.  No bigger than Dundee United with a rich fan propping them up. 

In terms of home support they can’t get to 10,000. But they are restricting away support so in that sense it’s deliberate.

They’re bigger than Dundee United but that’s not saying much.

The fact that they are keeping away numbers down so it doesn’t go above the threshold 

8 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

kingantti1874

If that is true that is just about the most ****ing pathetic thing I’ve ever heard in my entire life.  Cause their cov idiot chairman doesn’t want fans to have to show a certificate 😂😂 

2 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

It’s true that they might not get to 10k against diddy teams anyway, but they had the chance to sell us at least double what they gave us and didn’t take it. That suggests to me they might be actively keeping the numbers down. God know why. A few extra stewards to check a couple of hundred certificates to comply with the protocol

will-i-am-a-jambo
55 minutes ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

In terms of home support they can’t get to 10,000. But they are restricting away support so in that sense it’s deliberate.

They’re bigger than Dundee United but that’s not saying much.

Imagine how even more tinpot they (Aberdeen) would be if they actually had a local team of comparable size to compete with in the same league!

Kalamazoo Jambo
3 hours ago, will-i-am-a-jambo said:

Imagine how even more tinpot they (Aberdeen) would be if they actually had a local team of comparable size to compete with in the same league!

It’s like, how much more tinpot could this be? And the answer is none. None more tinpot.

Bazzas right boot
7 hours ago, will-i-am-a-jambo said:

Aberdeen have won this one. 

Imagine planning and in this case wanting your crowds to be lower.

No contest.  Aberdeen who were greeting like bairns for fans back, now actively stopping them 🤣🤣🤣🤣.  They are a tinpot laughing stock. Hope they go down. I love watching their demise.

Hibs on the other hand are just Hibs. Another club with shite support and now (rightly) an irrelevance once again

Think I read yesterday that hibs got an extra 200 tickets for today , not sure what their initial allocation was but even if it was the same as us  that’s still shocking .

I’m surprised it’s not been reported on (or am I) as for a supposed very clever businessman that Dave  cormack is reported as , even I can work out selling another 1500 or even a 1000 tickets to hearts fans it would more than cover any costs for extra stewards to help with checks 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

13 minutes ago, sac said:

C. Voting yourself down a league position

D. Setting up a Leith Lotto to fund your Academy

1 hour ago, 22games nro said:

Think I read yesterday that hibs got an extra 200 tickets for today , not sure what their initial allocation was but even if it was the same as us  that’s still shocking .

I’m surprised it’s not been reported on (or am I) as for a supposed very clever businessman that Dave  cormack is reported as , even I can work out selling another 1500 or even a 1000 tickets to hearts fans it would more than cover any costs for extra stewards to help with checks 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Initial allocation 800

Is Dave Cormack allowing his political views to cloud his judgment on how to run a football club ? 🤔 

Does no one have the courage to tell him not to be so effing stupid ? 🤔 

Is the local press in his pocket ? 🤔 

4 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Why no option C. Both of the above?

1 hour ago, sac said:

58 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Surely C or D, or well F then, has to be St Johnstone. 

Tricky one, but actively seeking to limit your crowd just edges it for the Dandies.

Ron the conman hasn't really tried to hide that his sole objective is to maximise his return on investment, so tacky money making schemes are entirely in character.

15 hours ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

Would like some feedback as I can’t make up my mind.

Wheres the St Johnstone option? 

Kalamazoo Jambo
1 minute ago, sadj said:

1 hour ago, SUTOL said:

Surely C or D, or well F then, has to be St Johnstone. 

6 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Why no option C. Both of the above?

:whistling:

Kalamazoo Jambo
3 hours ago, sac said:

2 hours ago, RobNox said:

Management reserves the right to hold future tournament rounds.

27 minutes ago, sadj said:

Normally I'd agree that St Johnstone is a valid and appropriate selection in any poll, but when the question is "Who is the Most Tinpot" and options include Hibs and Aberdeen, then surely in this case St Johnstone can't be in the running. Hibs and Aberdeen have the market cornered 😀

1 hour ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

Management reserves the right to hold future tournament rounds.

Actually sounds quite a good laugh. Top 16 laughable things by clubs , the SFA or SPFL and have a tournament to see which wins. Can you open a thread for nominations for the Top 16 and we could go from there? 

46 minutes ago, HoGwash said:

Normally I'd agree that St Johnstone is a valid and appropriate selection in any poll, but when the question is "Who is the Most Tinpot" and options include Hibs and Aberdeen, then surely in this case St Johnstone can't be in the running. Hibs and Aberdeen have the market cornered 😀

Dundee voting for their neighbours to win a league and get promoted. Theres so many

Kalamazoo Jambo
On 23/10/2021 at 09:11, sadj said:

Actually sounds quite a good laugh. Top 16 laughable things by clubs , the SFA or SPFL and have a tournament to see which wins. Can you open a thread for nominations for the Top 16 and we could go from there? 

Think we can work something out, yes :thumbsup: