Jump to content

Dot Count - Hearts v Dundee | 23rd October


Recommended Posts

This morning's count:

 

Wheatfield  134

Roseburn 689

Main 70

Gorgie 80

 

Total left: 973

 

Obviously we've no idea yet what seats, if any, will be released by the club in hospitality sections etc, and section K will inevitably open as the week goes on. But we appear to be about 450 seats, plus whatever the number of seats were in the former "Red Zones", ahead of where we were at this time for the Motherwell game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • JALBO

    17

  • scott herbertson

    9

  • Maroon Sailor

    8

  • Fozzyonthefence

    6

David McCaig
20 minutes ago, JALBO said:

This morning's count:

 

Wheatfield  134

Roseburn 689

Main 70

Gorgie 80

 

Total left: 973

 

Obviously we've no idea yet what seats, if any, will be released by the club in hospitality sections etc, and section K will inevitably open as the week goes on. But we appear to be about 450 seats, plus whatever the number of seats were in the former "Red Zones", ahead of where we were at this time for the Motherwell game.

I wish the club would just release Section K from day 1, there is currently a disincentive for people to buy early.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Maroon Sailor
32 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

I wish the club would just release Section K from day 1, there is currently a disincentive for people to buy early.

 

Never understood keeping K back

Link to post
Share on other sites
kettering jam tart

Dundee have requested a bigger allocation, hence why K isn’t open yet.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Maroon Sailor
1 minute ago, kettering jam tart said:

Dundee have requested a bigger allocation, hence why K isn’t open yet.

 

Feck them

Link to post
Share on other sites
Heartsofgold
12 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

 

Feck them

Is the correct and only answer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Fort Vallance
15 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

 

Feck them

Nah. Let's take their money first.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, kettering jam tart said:

Dundee have requested a bigger allocation, hence why K isn’t open yet.

 

I suspect Dundee will only have been given section M upper to begin with (they've only got a couple of dozen left to sell). If so, the club will give then some of L next. I'd be amazed if Hearts didn't sell K to home supporters for this game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, JALBO said:

 

I suspect Dundee will only have been given section M upper to begin with (they've only got a couple of dozen left to sell). If so, the club will give then some of L next. I'd be amazed if Hearts didn't sell K to home supporters for this game.

 

Know Ann was looking for new revenue streams, didn't know we'd gone as far as drug dealing. Did we sell smack to the Hibbys when they came? Would of made us a fortune 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Irish bohs

Hi Lads,

 

I'm a Bohemians supporter (also a members club) who'll be in Edinburgh this weekend and I got tickets to go to the game on Saturday with my brother.

 

What pubs would you recommend for a few pre-match pints on Saturday before the game on Saturday?

 

Thanks

 

Ed

Link to post
Share on other sites
A_A wehatethehibs
5 minutes ago, Irish bohs said:

Hi Lads,

 

I'm a Bohemians supporter (also a members club) who'll be in Edinburgh this weekend and I got tickets to go to the game on Saturday with my brother.

 

What pubs would you recommend for a few pre-match pints on Saturday before the game on Saturday?

 

Thanks

 

Ed

 

It's got to be the Diggers and/or Caley Sample Room. There's a bar at the stadium as well, 1874 bar. All pubs will be busy think this will be the biggest home crowd of the season so far. Enjoy! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Irish bohs said:

Hi Lads,

 

I'm a Bohemians supporter (also a members club) who'll be in Edinburgh this weekend and I got tickets to go to the game on Saturday with my brother.

 

What pubs would you recommend for a few pre-match pints on Saturday before the game on Saturday?

 

Thanks

 

Ed

Bensons on Dalry Road 

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Irish bohs said:

Hi Lads,

 

I'm a Bohemians supporter (also a members club) who'll be in Edinburgh this weekend and I got tickets to go to the game on Saturday with my brother.

 

What pubs would you recommend for a few pre-match pints on Saturday before the game on Saturday?

 

Thanks

 

Ed

As others have said pubs will be busy near the ground. Pubs around Haymarket are usually not too bad pre match if you don't mind the walk to the ground from there. It's about a mile.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, David McCaig said:

I wish the club would just release Section K from day 1, there is currently a disincentive for people to buy early.

Very good point.:clap:

Link to post
Share on other sites
scott herbertson
1 hour ago, Irish bohs said:

Hi Lads,

 

I'm a Bohemians supporter (also a members club) who'll be in Edinburgh this weekend and I got tickets to go to the game on Saturday with my brother.

 

What pubs would you recommend for a few pre-match pints on Saturday before the game on Saturday?

 

Thanks

 

Ed

 

 

Don't go up to the back of Stratties - it's full of grumpy old gits

 

Seriously - there are plenty of decent pubs around and depends what you like in a pub - atmosphere, a good pint, scary people, grumpy old gits etc...

 

One point to note is you wont get a seat  in most of the pubs within a mile of the ground after 1pm

Edited by scott herbertson
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Irish bohs said:

Hi Lads,

 

I'm a Bohemians supporter (also a members club) who'll be in Edinburgh this weekend and I got tickets to go to the game on Saturday with my brother.

 

What pubs would you recommend for a few pre-match pints on Saturday before the game on Saturday?

 

Thanks

 

Ed

 

The Haymarket Bar, should still be able to book a table still in there at this point, 15 minute walk down to ground.  Pubs beside the ground will be very busy to the point of queuing for drinks for majority of your visit.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, scott herbertson said:

 

 

Don't go up to the back of Stratties - it's full of grumpy old gits

 

Seriously - there are plenty of decent pubs around and depends what you like in a pub - atmosphere, a good pint, scary people, grumpy old gits etc...

 

One point to note is you wont get a seat  in most of the pubs within a mile of the ground after 1pm

My favourite pastime as a grumpy old git is moaning about trivial things.  "Ye cannae trust them an inch.  They've made the hole in they polo mints bigger just tae make mair money".  That sort of thing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
scott herbertson
53 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

My favourite pastime as a grumpy old git is moaning about trivial things.  "Ye cannae trust them an inch.  They've made the hole in they polo mints bigger just tae make mair money".  That sort of thing.

 

 

Don't get me started on that topic - look at the size of bags of crisps, Mars Bars, not to mention they taste like plastic etc etc.....

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Irish bohs said:

Hi Lads,

 

I'm a Bohemians supporter (also a members club) who'll be in Edinburgh this weekend and I got tickets to go to the game on Saturday with my brother.

 

What pubs would you recommend for a few pre-match pints on Saturday before the game on Saturday?

 

Thanks

 

Ed

Having recently found out about Bohs links with Hibs, all I can say is fair play! Hope you enjoy the trip and see another Hearts win.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Irish bohs
5 hours ago, scott herbertson said:

 

 

Don't go up to the back of Stratties - it's full of grumpy old gits

 

Seriously - there are plenty of decent pubs around and depends what you like in a pub - atmosphere, a good pint, scary people, grumpy old gits etc...

 

One point to note is you wont get a seat  in most of the pubs within a mile of the ground after 1pm

Just looking for a good boozer to meet some Hearts fans pre match. Having to find a barstart drinking before 1pm won't be an issue 😉

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, kettering jam tart said:

Dundee have requested a bigger allocation, hence why K isn’t open yet.

 

Tell them we never got the text message.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Blocks of seats released in R and X, sure Jalbo will update us later 

 

Thanks for the heads up, managed to get 3 together in section S 👍

🇱🇻♥️🇱🇻

Edited by novoman
Link to post
Share on other sites
Kalamazoo Jambo
7 minutes ago, Irish bohs said:

Just looking for a good boozer to meet some Hearts fans pre match. Having to find a barstart drinking before 1pm won't be an issue 😉

 

Would second the recommendation for either Diggers (a.k.a. The Athletic Arms) or the Caley Sample Room. Or both :)

 

Also, give yourself plenty of time to get into the stadium. Both pubs are within about 10 minutes walk to Tynecastle, but there will be COVID vaccination status spot checks that could slow things down (bring with you proof of vaccination or exemption documentation). Please folks, don't take this thread off topic - just mentioning for a visitor!

 

Anyway, hope you enjoy!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Craig Herbertson
1 hour ago, scott herbertson said:

 

 

Don't get me started on that topic - look at the size of bags of crisps, Mars Bars, not to mention they taste like plastic etc etc.....

 

Call centres like Kafka's castle, people jumping the queue at buses, it's all gone to pot

Link to post
Share on other sites
August Landmesser
1 hour ago, Irish bohs said:

Just looking for a good boozer to meet some Hearts fans pre match. Having to find a barstart drinking before 1pm won't be an issue 😉

the Diggers has been mentioned - that's the Athletic Arms to give it its Sunday name, good range of guest beers, great pies, a classic Edinburgh bar, and will have football on the telly. It'll get busier but should be alright if you get in early and get a seat. Tynecastle Arms beside the ground for a singsong too, although there's usually a queue to get into that...

 

Stratford's is fairly basic, but a decent spot for post-match cooking lagers, followed by a trip to the Gorgie Fish Bar.

 

Enjoy!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Lord Beni of Gorgie

If Dundee have asked for more can we give them less for cheek?

Link to post
Share on other sites
maroonlegions
4 hours ago, wavydavy said:

 

Tell them we never got the text message.

Aye their e -mail was lost in the  super internet highway..

Link to post
Share on other sites
Jambo-Fox
9 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

My favourite pastime as a grumpy old git is moaning about trivial things.  "Ye cannae trust them an inch.  They've made the hole in they polo mints bigger just tae make mair money".  That sort of thing.

Too much ‘tongue action’?

 

The harder you sook the bigger the hole!

Link to post
Share on other sites

This morning's count:

 

Wheatfield  108

Roseburn 505

Main 41

Gorgie 97

 

Total left: 751

 

As @Clerry Jambo mentioned upthread, around 176 hospitality seats were released in S and X yesterday, so adding those in, sales in the last 24 hours would have been around the 400 mark.

Link to post
Share on other sites
scott herbertson
32 minutes ago, JALBO said:

This morning's count:

 

Wheatfield  108

Roseburn 505

Main 41

Gorgie 97

 

Total left: 751

 

As @Clerry Jambo mentioned upthread, around 176 hospitality seats were released in S and X yesterday, so adding those in, sales in the last 24 hours would have been around the 400 mark.

 

 

Keep that up and we are heading for sell out territory, even with more of the Roseburn are we not?

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

 

 

Keep that up and we are heading for sell out territory, even with more of the Roseburn are we not?

 

Yes, unless the club have a stack of tickets to release for sale that we don't know about, if we sell slightly over 300 a day over the next 4 days we'll sell out  including all of K. However, the club may not be able to open all of K due to segregation, so there could be a scramble for tickets later in the week.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JALBO said:

 

Yes, unless the club have a stack of tickets to release for sale that we don't know about, if we sell slightly over 300 a day over the next 4 days we'll sell out  including all of K. However, the club may not be able to open all of K due to segregation, so there could be a scramble for tickets later in the week.

Hospitality sold out as announced by Hearts twitter.

Link to post
Share on other sites
the general
19 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

Hospitality sold out as announced by Hearts twitter.

 

Great news

Link to post
Share on other sites
Fxxx the SPFL
20 hours ago, Irish bohs said:

Just looking for a good boozer to meet some Hearts fans pre match. Having to find a barstart drinking before 1pm won't be an issue 😉

Ardmillan Hotel/Bar 300 yards from the Stadium, sky sports, two bars and a beer garden.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, EIEIO said:

Hospitality sold out as announced by Hearts twitter.

Impressive. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

This morning's count:

 

Wheatfield  79

Roseburn 361

Main 31

Gorgie 45

 

Total left: 516

 

I would think a good chance section K will open today.  It's normally not been opened 'til Friday afternoon-ish, but we're well ahead of ticket sales for recent games, and with no more hospitality seats left to be released, it looks like section K is all that the club have left to open up for fans.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The fans are really starting to sense a special season now, you can tell in these figures.

 

I'm sure the club will reward them with a good victory too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Rudi cant fail

I am trying to purchase online but it’s not giving me an option to print at home only collection from Tynie. 
Has this option been removed as part of vaccine checks?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Fozzyonthefence
Just now, Rudi cant fail said:

I am trying to purchase online but it’s not giving me an option to print at home only collection from Tynie. 
Has this option been removed as part of vaccine checks?

 


I can’t see how.  You’ll get a vaccine check irrespective of whether you print your ticket at home or pick up at the ticket office. 
 

I was getting an error last night though when trying to book a ticket for my son online.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Rudi cant fail
1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:


I can’t see how.  You’ll get a vaccine check irrespective of whether you print your ticket at home or pick up at the ticket office. 
 

I was getting an error last night though when trying to book a ticket for my son online.

Does seem strange. Tried from my phone and laptop and both just revert me to collection from the ground with no option to change. Bit of a pain in the arse having to wait in a massive queue on Saturday or collect beforehand 

Link to post
Share on other sites
A_A wehatethehibs
8 minutes ago, Rudi cant fail said:

I am trying to purchase online but it’s not giving me an option to print at home only collection from Tynie. 
Has this option been removed as part of vaccine checks?

 


Print at home has been gone all season I think, but there’s been no explanation yet why. Maybe a change to the ticketing system we use. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
kettering jam tart

Dundee been sent more tickets according to their website.

Spoiler

 

 

3F4DE1D2-1FBE-48DF-AE8D-D81BA06FB518.png

Edited by kettering jam tart
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kettering jam tart said:

Dundee been sent more tickets according to their website.

Can't see them having more than 2 sections of the (former) school end. Therefore section K should soon go on sale to Hearts fans.

Link to post
Share on other sites
kettering jam tart
1 minute ago, EIEIO said:

Can't see them having more than 2 sections of the (former) school end. Therefore section K should soon go on sale to Hearts fans.

Fingers crossed pal

Link to post
Share on other sites
Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, Rudi cant fail said:

Does seem strange. Tried from my phone and laptop and both just revert me to collection from the ground with no option to change. Bit of a pain in the arse having to wait in a massive queue on Saturday or collect beforehand 


I still can’t even book a ticket online today - still saying “There are errors on the page”!.  Looks like a trip to the ticket office.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:


Print at home has been gone all season I think, but there’s been no explanation yet why. Maybe a change to the ticketing system we use. 

My guess would be that it's to prevent fraud/forgery if they think that's been an issue, in the style of Celtic fans. No evidence for this, just a guess.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...