Strange things you did / wore as a youngster

Goose Baxter

Goose Baxter

Looking through some photo's of me as a youngster with my mum last night and come accross a picture of me wearing a pair of trackies with a pair of shorts over the top of them. Look a right plum!

Any one else wear daft stuff when they where younger?

Went through a phase of wearing 2 pairs of socks at the same time as well.

And i used to love drinking a can of juice with it half open, used to suck the life out one of them lol

Looking through some photo's of me as a youngster with my mum last night and come accross a picture of me wearing a pair of trackies with a pair of shorts over the top of them. Look a right plum!

And i used to love drinking a can of juice with it half open, used to suck the life out one of them lol

chipie jeans with patches on them, and a spx shell suit :confused:

I went through a phase of wearing one fluorescent green sock and one fluorescent pink sock, thought I was so cool!

Spitonastranger

had a pair of slip on shoes i loved, used to wear about 6 pairs of socks when the shoes became baggy, to keep them on my feet.:)

Funnily enough, it was the Troop/SPX stuff which sprung to mind for me as well. Usually combined with humungous (~24 inch) flares!

I was slightly too young for it.

But I remember being bemused by people wearing Pods ...[/QUOTE]

You mean the shoes? I had a pair of them.

Funnily enough, it was the Troop/SPX stuff which sprung to mind for me as well. Usually combined with humungous (~24 inch) flares!

That was the other one troop, dancing to technotronic pump up the jam:wacko:

Quito and C17 flares ?

Never had it myself but folk at my school had the adidas sign shaved in their head or other crazy tramlines shaved in.

Quito and C17 flares ?

soviet, gio goi, best company, chevingon,ciao

ahh those were the days.

Walter Bishop

British Knights trainers, Quaser Lineker football boots, Adidas Kicks, the "juice" yo-yo`s rmember them, sprite fanta cola etc lol!!

I was slightly too young for it.

But I remember being bemused by people wearing Pods ...[/QUOTE]

You mean the shoes? I had a pair of them.

Pink slip on pods?

soviet, gio goi, best company, chevingon,ciao

ahh those were the days.

I liked Ciao jeans but Chippie done the best T-Shirts.Gio Goi started buying their T-shirts again now they are back.The bridges was the place to shop then before Xile was all gay boy Prada.What was the other shop further up was it Paninaro bought a horrendous pair of dark green Soviet jeans out of there and a shocking red and cream top that had like a cardigan attached to it.

Who bought a LandRaver or other **** rip off top from the rave era.

Pink slip on pods?

They were like sandal type things were they not and folk used to put Grolsch tops on them ?

skotskosparta

Pods, Dungarees, Seasiders (McKenzie), KangaRoos, Kickers, Troop, SPX, Adidas ZX, Puma Match, Adidas Kicks, Shell Suits.:eek:

Shell suits and denim shirts. Not at the same time though.

I once bought a pair of luminous yellow knee pads then wore them all holiday when I was about 8.

Goose Baxter

Are these the ones which the patches were green or red?

Pods, Dungarees, Seasiders (McKenzie), KangaRoos, Kickers, Troop, SPX, Adidas ZX, Puma Match, Adidas Kicks, Shell Suits.:eek:

Right enough, square-toed red Kickers with the daft tag still attached!

"Yes, it's the Rebel MC - float like a ninja, sting like a bee!"

Are these the ones which the patches were green or red?

I think they had logos on them

skotskosparta
Right enough, square-toed red Kickers with the daft tag still attached!

"Yes, it's the Rebel MC - float like a ninja, sting like a bee!"

Classics!!

bg251185705046kick%20hi%20red.jpg.JPG

Goose Baxter
Classics!!

These things are back in fashion, Seen them on the oki-ni web site and they were going for ?85!!!!

Classics!!

Classic until you stood in dog dirt. Then you had to scrape it out the grooves on the sole with an ice lolly stick.

I had a red pair of kickers classics when I was 13. Those soles were a nightmare when they got dirt in them. Kept the silly leather tag on as well.

skotskosparta
Classic until you stood in dog dirt. Then you had to scrape it out the grooves on the sole with an ice lolly stick.

HA HA< even the longest grass would not shift the *****... I remember to well.

I made my mum spend ?50 on Reebok pumps for me. Thought i was the dogs bollocks.

Yes, I had reebok pumps. They were kind of boots rather than trainers, loved them.

I will be honest.

I still wear dungarees. I love them.

I have a bit of a fetish for women in dungarees*.

*obviously not a bulldyke.

Anyone else go through the 'popper' trousers phase? They gripped my school for a good six months, looked absolutely horrendous!

Enjoyed the yo-yo craze too, remember spending a few weeks pocket money on an X-brain model which made me popular for about 4 minutes!

vlad on the tyne

I had a minging global hypercolour teesh.

I had a troop hoodie tae. I liked the chevignon and chipie gear .The chipie jeans and trainer combo was a classic.

I also had a pair of nike air hurache (sp) trainer gold!!!

Smiths in the bridges was ace, why of why was it replaced?

skotskosparta
Anyone else go through the 'popper' trousers phase? They gripped my school for a good six months, looked absolutely horrendous!

Enjoyed the yo-yo craze too, remember spending a few weeks pocket money on an X-brain model which made me popular for about 4 minutes!

If i remember well, I had coca cola spinner, then I got it upgraded to a GOLD coca cola spinner!!

and by the power of google.

yoyo.jpg

The amount of horrible clothes I bought in Jeanster...thankfully they closed down.

Adidas kick trainers

maroon stay press trousers

white fred perry

black harrington jacket

thought i looked the bollocks, sen the photo's recently and i looked like a schemie asbo before it's time. especially the stay press:sad:

Adidas kick trainers

maroon stay press trousers

white fred perry

black harrington jacket

thought i looked the bollocks, sen the photo's recently and i looked like a schemie asbo before it's time. especially the stay press:sad:

Could have been worse mate, they could have been waffle trousers.

The Old Tolbooth

Great thread but jeeeez I feel old now!!

I used to have the black trousers, bovver boots, and harrington jacket with the big Madness logo sewn onto the back of the jacket and thought I looked the mutts nuts, however looking back I probably looked a right ned :confused:

Walter Kidd
Great thread but jeeeez I feel old now!!

I used to have the black trousers, bovver boots, and harrington jacket with the big Madness logo sewn onto the back of the jacket and thought I looked the mutts nuts, however looking back I probably looked a right ned :confused:

So you've been a skinheed for 40 years then?

skotskosparta

Another classic, used to only be one shop in Edinburgh that sold them, up Tollcross.......... memories!!

2302778458a8270580589l.jpg

Marmeladent?rtchen

Anyone the NAFco54 jackets and the song that went with them.

"NAF co fifty four,

Their the clothes that we adore!"

(Rip off NAF NAF I think??)

Anyone the NAFco54 jackets and the song that went with them.

"NAF co fifty four,

Their the clothes that we adore!"

(Rip off NAF NAF I think??)

I remember them but were they not really cheap crap??? Pretty sure the only naf co thing I had was a polo neck, which was handy for covering the hickies I got when I was about 14.

I remember them but were they not really cheap crap??? Pretty sure the only naf co thing I had was a polo neck, which was handy for covering the hickies I got when I was about 14.

Naff co 54! Jeez, theres a blast from the past. Every other person had one! Also illuminous green surf bum jackets. Had 3 surf boards on the back!

Also the sweater shop jumpers. Think Stephen Hendry owned the company or endorsed the brand?

Miller Jambo 60
Shell suits and denim shirts. Not at the same time though.

I once bought a pair of luminous yellow knee pads then wore them all holiday when I was about 8.

Had luminous green socks,WTF sad days ,was 14.

Loved my Brutus tee shirts.

And Adidas tops.

Archived