Alex Cochrane

stuart500

Deserves his own thread. Thought he was tremendous today. On most other days he would have been man of the match. 

He is really starting to show his quality in defence and attack.

Be great if he could be signed permanently. 

3 minutes ago, stuart500 said:

Deserves his own thread. Thought he was tremendous today. On most other days he would have been man of the match. 

He is a class player 

Can't remember the last time I was so delighted for a particular player to score a goal. You can tell the laddie is capable of perhaps doing more than he has been going foward but his self belief hasn't really been there. That goal will do his confidence the world of good

He’s just solid in everything he does. He’s got a great first touch and reminds me of the way Eckersley used to always control a lofted ball with that first touch. He’s energetic and has some good crosses and passes. Defensively he has shown bravery and good timing too. Another fine piece of business. Got to say I’ve been impressed with almost everyone Savage and the rest of the team have brought in. 

I am sort of hoping he will feel really at home here and want to stay on.

Of course the downside is David Weir at Brighton will probably want to offer him an extended deal down there if he continues to play consistently as well as he did today.

AM I right in thinking he's in the final year of his contract at Brighton?  I seem to recall someone on here saying all 3 of the loanees were in their final year.  It's possible Everton might extend his contract, but leave him here on loan for another season, where he will have the opportunity of playing European football 😁

Guest ToqueJambo

If these young guys can get a Band of Brothers type thing going on this season, I feel like Beni being on a 3 year deal (and the interest he will no doubt get) could help persuade the likes of Woodburn, Cochrane and Moore to sign permanents if we want them, Woodburn being the biggest and most unlikely coup if that happened. He's quality.

Edited by ToqueJambo

41 minutes ago, stuart500 said:

Agree mate he was brilliant today , said the same at the match that it would be great if we could sign him on at least a two year contract.

jamboinglasgow

Was pleased with his first goal today. He has been diligently working away since he came in but think he is now ready to step up.

Also think his assist for Michael Smith was great. Controlling the ball and knocking it into the ideal space with the right weight all in one was great.

Spoiled for choice on the left now

Kingsley, Cochrane and Halliday

long time since we have had that side of the pitch so strong

Glad to see he’s doing well for you lot, just saw the highlights on SSN.

The good news for you lot is we signed a new LWB towards the end of the transfer window who has looked class in his first two games.  Pushes Cochrane down the pecking order. 

We do have an extension option on his contract so I’d assume we’d trigger it so we can get a couple of minimal fee and a sell-on clause for him. Would probably be a good deal for everyone involved… apart from that whopper on here who thought Hibs had first dibs! 😂

Edited by BHAFC

1 hour ago, RobNox said:

AM I right in thinking he's in the final year of his contract at Brighton?  I seem to recall someone on here saying all 3 of the loanees were in their final year.  It's possible Everton might extend his contract, but leave him here on loan for another season, where he will have the opportunity of playing European football 😁

in case i missed something .......... how can  Everton extend a Brighton players contract 

The Old Tolbooth

There’s no danger we’re getting him from Brighton, this is how they do business, Brighton rightly look after themselves and have precious for sending players out on loan and then bringing them back to benefit themselves, enjoy him whilst we can, he won’t be here too long I don’t think, but I do hope I’m wrong! 

I was skeptical when he was announced as our first signing of the window but I've been very impressed. I'd love to keep him but I can't see it happening. Guys got a good future ahead of him.

A_A wehatethehibs

He’s quality and has not put a foot wrong since joining. At times maybe too cautious but you’d for rather that than having an arrogant kid taking too many risks and getting punished. Looking more and more assured with every game. 

If he goes back to Brighton eventually, it would mean that we and Cochrane have done our jobs. He came here to get experience/improve. We got him to help his development/hopefully to make us better. If/when he goes back an improved player, it might give Brighton pause to consider their “agreement” with a certain team from Leith and send more young players to us for development. Win,win. 

2 hours ago, Arry said:

Good today but let’s be honest, Livi are sh1t.   Big  games still to come starting next week. 

The same sh1t livi that beat the green erse cheek last week? Or is it a fact that we played some really good football today to make them look like the brown stuff. I’d like to think the latter for me. 

Edited by SMJ_1874

I'd put him with Woodburn as priority for deals if there was even a remote possibility of permanents. Both will play at higher levels and it'd be nice to benefit financially like we will from Beni and hopefully Big John.

2 hours ago, cookieboy said:

in case i missed something .......... how can  Everton extend a Brighton players contract 

Blame the alcohol, when I said Everton, I meant Brighton.  It's an easy mistake to make.

Totally agree on Cochrane and would also make mention of Moore. Tremendous performance from him too. Won everything in the air and was classy in possession and passing throughout. Devlin and Beni rightly grabbing headlines but these lads and Woodburn have been excellent additions too, if yesterday was anything to go by.  

Up there with the best of our new signings, what I really like about him is his consistency, he is basically another younger Mikey Smith but on the other flank, almost everyone we have signed has been quality, obviously apart from Stewart but he won't play anyway (hopefully)

A_A wehatethehibs

Think we should be pushing for an England call for him. Hearts to become the first Scottish club to have senior internationals for all 4 home nations… 🇬🇧  

Up until yesterday I found him a bit beige. Y’know the kinda player you forget is playing 

Was very good yesterday. As were Taylor Moore and Halkett. Defence looked solid 

Edited by Jamhammer

13 hours ago, stuart500 said:

I've liked him since his debut. However if we're having threads for individual players then you'll need one for each. McKay, Devlin, Beni all had solid games against a side that takes to fouling when under pressure. Even our corner kicks are better. Great all round.

A_A wehatethehibs
24 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Up until yesterday I found him a bit beige. Y’know the kinda player you forget is playing 

Was very good yesterday. As were Taylor Moore and Halkett. Defence looked solid 

Believe it or not, that can be a good thing particularly for a full back or defender. Take Jamie Brandon or Mihai Popescu for example. You never forget they're playing do you. For all the wrong reasons. I’ve been delighted with his composure and lack of silly risk taking. He is extremely professional and has come to Hearts with exactly the right attitude, took it with the utmost seriousness. But now with more games he just seems to be growing and enjoying it. And that’s the reason every fans wanted more young players in our team, watching a young player with a good attitude grow, is one of the best things about football IMO  

Wasn't that impressed with him in the league cup. Very impressed with him defensively against Celtic. Since then he has been decent other than struggling in the second half against Aberdeen. My one complaint has been that when we have the ball he needed to be 10yards further forward. He was getting the ball from Kingsley too deep meaning he was needing to beat a midfielder and a defender. It wasn't progressing us up the pitch and he'd normally end up having to pass the ball back to Kingsely. Yesterday was a real breath of fresh air. He positioned himself at least that 10 yards further forward. Took up some great positions. Used the ball well when he got it and contributed an assist and a goal. There were plenty of contenders for man of the match yesterday, but I would have given it to Cochrane, as did the BBC.

20 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

If these young guys can get a Band of Brothers type thing going on this season, I feel like Beni being on a 3 year deal (and the interest he will no doubt get) could help persuade the likes of Woodburn, Cochrane and Moore to sign permanents if we want them, Woodburn being the biggest and most unlikely coup if that happened. He's quality.

No joke, I'd be straight down the pub having a celebratory pint. It's not often teams like us sign a player like him and win or lose he's a delight to watch from a technical standpoint.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Saint Jambo said:

Wasn't that impressed with him in the league cup. Very impressed with him defensively against Celtic. Since then he has been decent other than struggling in the second half against Aberdeen. My one complaint has been that when we have the ball he needed to be 10yards further forward. He was getting the ball from Kingsley too deep meaning he was needing to beat a midfielder and a defender. It wasn't progressing us up the pitch and he'd normally end up having to pass the ball back to Kingsely. Yesterday was a real breath of fresh air. He positioned himself at least that 10 yards further forward. Took up some great positions. Used the ball well when he got it and contributed an assist and a goal. There were plenty of contenders for man of the match yesterday, but I would have given it to Cochrane, as did the BBC.

The BBC thought he was a winger, which says something about the BBC these days but also that we played the WBs very well yesterday.

Bazzas right boot

He's been good every game. 

He was bullied by that "jet" v Aberdeen, but he's been good. 

Surprisingly so. 

2 hours ago, Saint Jambo said:

He was often in advanced positions in acres of space shouting for the ball and it was as if he was invisible at times as he wasn't given it  at those times.

I was a bit frustrated at times how the ball was passed behind him by Kingsley and others rather than ahead of him to run onto.

He is still young and will surely improve the more games he gets.

As for MOTM I thought Taylor Moore was a contender for that as well.

Guest ToqueJambo
5 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

He was often in advanced positions in acres of space shouting for the ball and it was as if he was invisible at times as he wasn't given it  at those times.

I was a bit frustrated at times how the ball was passed behind him by Kingsley and others rather than ahead of him to run onto.

He is still young and will surely improve the more games he gets.

As for MOTM I thought Taylor Moore was a contender for that as well.

Don't think I can remember a game where there were so many strong MoM contenders. Great team performance.