Ryan Stevenson - Talks Sense

suds66

Another balanced view from Ryan - 

Hearts are finally pulling in one direction but title talk is cheap and our main target is Hibs – Ryan Stevenson

Fans, players and the structure of the club all seem in harmony after years in the mire but talk of catching Celtic and Rangers is foolish, writes Stevenson.

Right, let’s not get carried away.

Anyone thinking because the Old Firm slipped up again Hearts are in with a chance of mounting a title challenge needs to take a chill pill.

It’s been a brilliant start for Robbie Neilson and the lads, even if they did drop points in Dingwall on Saturday.

They’re still unbeaten and two points off top spot. I get why some punters are getting excited but we’re only five minutes into the season and everyone needs to calm down.

It’s too soon to be talking about crazy targets. We can’t forget this is a newly-promoted side and the top six is a sensible target for this season. Anything above that would be a Brucey bonus.

Don’t get me wrong, if they keep up their current form they’ll finish in the top three or four and if I was in that dressing room I’d be gunning for the side that finished third last year – Hibs!

There’s no doubt with the standard of player Robbie has at his disposal Hearts are capable of that. But for me this season should be about one thing – stability.

For the first time in as long as I can remember the entire club seems to be pulling in the same direction – and heading in the right one – now the Foundation of Hearts have taken control.

Now it should be about finding an even keel and re-establishing themselves as a major club in this country. Hearts can’t afford to continue yo-yoing up and down the table or dropping down a division like they’ve been doing for the last seven or eight years.

Even when I was at the club we’d be doing amazing on the park but behind the scenes it was absolute turmoil.

There was no way you could build solid foundations when all that was going on. But these fans really deserve so much more.

They’ve been through so much over these past few years and I’m not sure there’s another fan base out there that would have stuck by their team so resolutely.

Some of the s**t they were put through over the past decade beggars belief yet they’re still there every week, through thick and thin.

Just look at the scenes when Stephen Kingsley tucked home that free-kick against Ross County on Saturday. The whole end behind the goal seemed to explode into life because so many had made their way up to the Highlands.

It’s a special club and the fans deserve to have that stability for once.

Fair play to Neilson too because last year the knives were out for him. But the stuff his side are playing this term is so encouraging.

Everyone was a bit dubious coming into this summer, wondering if Robbie was going to recruit right this time. But fair play to him and Joe Savage because the business they’ve done over the summer has been absolutely first-class.

As a manager you live and die by your recruitment – that’s a fact.

I was critical last year when I saw players coming in and I just couldn’t understand what they were there for. Some of them didn’t seem to understand what Hearts is all about as a club.

This year it’s different. When Cammy Devlin signed he said in his first interview he understood what Hearts is all about and that he was buzzing to be joining such a massive club.

This is a guy coming in from Australia so that shows they’re now looking beyond the nuts and bolts of a potential target and looking at the whole package.

It’s paying off. Guys like Beni Baningime and Barrie McKay look like great additions too while I still reckon bringing Craig Gordon back last year was the signing of the century. He’s been incredible.

For so long Hearts were getting it wrong in the transfer market but this year it appears they have taken a long, hard, cool-headed look at what was out there and made sure they picked the right men for the job. So far it’s working.

If there are Hearts fans heading to Tynecastle this weekend thinking their side should be qualifying for Europe this year then that’s actually something to be encouraged rather than feared.

Because it could be a lot worse. Remember it was only a couple of years ago where Europe felt a million miles off.

3 minutes ago, suds66 said:

Another balanced view from Ryan - 

Hearts are finally pulling in one direction but title talk is cheap and our main target is Hibs – Ryan Stevenson

Fans, players and the structure of the club all seem in harmony after years in the mire but talk of catching Celtic and Rangers is foolish, writes Stevenson.

Right, let’s not get carried away.

Anyone thinking because the Old Firm slipped up again Hearts are in with a chance of mounting a title challenge needs to take a chill pill.

It’s been a brilliant start for Robbie Neilson and the lads, even if they did drop points in Dingwall on Saturday.

They’re still unbeaten and two points off top spot. I get why some punters are getting excited but we’re only five minutes into the season and everyone needs to calm down.

It’s too soon to be talking about crazy targets. We can’t forget this is a newly-promoted side and the top six is a sensible target for this season. Anything above that would be a Brucey bonus.

Don’t get me wrong, if they keep up their current form they’ll finish in the top three or four and if I was in that dressing room I’d be gunning for the side that finished third last year – Hibs!

There’s no doubt with the standard of player Robbie has at his disposal Hearts are capable of that. But for me this season should be about one thing – stability.

For the first time in as long as I can remember the entire club seems to be pulling in the same direction – and heading in the right one – now the Foundation of Hearts have taken control.

Now it should be about finding an even keel and re-establishing themselves as a major club in this country. Hearts can’t afford to continue yo-yoing up and down the table or dropping down a division like they’ve been doing for the last seven or eight years.

Even when I was at the club we’d be doing amazing on the park but behind the scenes it was absolute turmoil.

There was no way you could build solid foundations when all that was going on. But these fans really deserve so much more.

They’ve been through so much over these past few years and I’m not sure there’s another fan base out there that would have stuck by their team so resolutely.

Some of the s**t they were put through over the past decade beggars belief yet they’re still there every week, through thick and thin.

Just look at the scenes when Stephen Kingsley tucked home that free-kick against Ross County on Saturday. The whole end behind the goal seemed to explode into life because so many had made their way up to the Highlands.

It’s a special club and the fans deserve to have that stability for once.

Fair play to Neilson too because last year the knives were out for him. But the stuff his side are playing this term is so encouraging.

Everyone was a bit dubious coming into this summer, wondering if Robbie was going to recruit right this time. But fair play to him and Joe Savage because the business they’ve done over the summer has been absolutely first-class.

As a manager you live and die by your recruitment – that’s a fact.

I was critical last year when I saw players coming in and I just couldn’t understand what they were there for. Some of them didn’t seem to understand what Hearts is all about as a club.

This year it’s different. When Cammy Devlin signed he said in his first interview he understood what Hearts is all about and that he was buzzing to be joining such a massive club.

This is a guy coming in from Australia so that shows they’re now looking beyond the nuts and bolts of a potential target and looking at the whole package.

It’s paying off. Guys like Beni Baningime and Barrie McKay look like great additions too while I still reckon bringing Craig Gordon back last year was the signing of the century. He’s been incredible.

For so long Hearts were getting it wrong in the transfer market but this year it appears they have taken a long, hard, cool-headed look at what was out there and made sure they picked the right men for the job. So far it’s working.

If there are Hearts fans heading to Tynecastle this weekend thinking their side should be qualifying for Europe this year then that’s actually something to be encouraged rather than feared.

Because it could be a lot worse. Remember it was only a couple of years ago where Europe felt a million miles off.

:spoton:

Except I always think we'll win the league 

Pretty much bang on the cash.

The only part I disagree with is that the top 6 is a sensible target, it should be a minimum target. With our budget and this squad we should be aiming higher than 6th, and finishing 7th or lower is unacceptable, even in the first year back.

Bang on the money. 

Forget Rangers and Celtic this season. Focus on Hibs, Dons and Motherwell. If we finish above those teams it would be an incredible achievement. Celtic don’t look great but they’ll just buy a striker and centre half in Jan for £5m each and pull away. Rangers will do the same and just get into more debt. One off games we can compete, over a season it’s not going to happen.

Finish 3rd this year then next years target is to replicate but close the gap. 

Sensible article, and bang on the money. We still have a very long way to go, and Robbie shouldn't be drawn by journalists on talk of the title, or splitting the OF.

StevenNaismith

Barring a major injury crisis anything outside the top 4 this season for me would be a failure when you consider the squad we have now. 

Having read a few interviews I think RN is learning from setbacks nowadays and trying not to repeat the same mistakes. 

I felt as soon as I saw the line up on Saturday that it was a mistake and we’d concede goals, I think RN recognises that as well. He has some tough decisions to make each week as we have about 6 players competing for 3 slots up top. I don’t believe we are strong enough in central defence to play a back 4 if Halkett is one of the 2, he has been terrific in the centre of a back 3 though.

Most of the team picks itself at the moment but for me I’d like to see the 3-4-2-1 formation continue.

Gordon

Souttar

Halkett

Kingsley

Smith/Logan

Baningime

Haring/Devlin

Cochrane/Halliday

Any 2 from GMS, McKay, Ginnelly, Woodburn or Walker 

Boyce

16 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Bang on the money. 

Forget Rangers and Celtic this season. Focus on Hibs, Dons and Motherwell. If we finish above those teams it would be an incredible achievement. Celtic don’t look great but they’ll just buy a striker and centre half in Jan for £5m each and pull away. Rangers will do the same and just get into more debt. One off games we can compete, over a season it’s not going to happen.

Finish 3rd this year then next years target is to replicate but close the gap. 

Apparently Celtic lost £11.5m during Covid and no Champions League this year again. 

Steveo is spot on he's refreshing if Hearts are doing shit he will say it no beating about the bush. A few so called pundits and professionals who have been about for years needs to look at Ryan. 

Yes and no on this. Yes we need to be sensible and not claim to be on course to win league at this stage. If we get past first round of fixtures and still in touch we need to be going for it. Modern football economics mean that if we do well then key players  will likely get sold off in the summer so the chance of building on a 3rd place for example is minimised. 

Basically, If we have a shot we need to go all out.

The only thing that would alter this is a regular euro league participation as the extra income could help get closer. However it’s not easy to qualify even for the new conference from Scottish league 

1 hour ago, StevenNaismith said:

Barring a major injury crisis anything outside the top 4 this season for me would be a failure when you consider the squad we have now. 

Having read a few interviews I think RN is learning from setbacks nowadays and trying not to repeat the same mistakes. 

I felt as soon as I saw the line up on Saturday that it was a mistake and we’d concede goals, I think RN recognises that as well. He has some tough decisions to make each week as we have about 6 players competing for 3 slots up top. I don’t believe we are strong enough in central defence to play a back 4 if Halkett is one of the 2, he has been terrific in the centre of a back 3 though.

Most of the team picks itself at the moment but for me I’d like to see the 3-4-2-1 formation continue.

Gordon

Souttar

Halkett

Kingsley

Smith/Logan

Baningime

Haring/Devlin

Cochrane/Halliday

Boyce

Small and immaterial point I know, but in practice is our 3-4-3/3-4-2-1 actually a 3-4-1-2? 

Didn’t see the game on Saturday but against Hibs it seemed as though Woodburn was playing at the top of the midfield and GMS - and latterly Gino - were up front with Boyce.

Of course, the answer is likely that the system is fluid and players can pop up in various positions across the front 3. 

Slow Tuesday.

1 hour ago, StevenNaismith said:

Gordon

Souttar

Halkett

Kingsley

Smith/Logan

Baningime

Haring/Devlin

Cochrane/Halliday

Boyce

How I see it.

Beni had too much work to do by himself on Saturday and we looked much better with Devlin in there.

It’s a good side with competition for places in my opinion but I don’t know why we keep persisting with a back 4 at times in games when we’re all over the shop every time we do it. 

2 hours ago, Beni said:

Pretty much bang on the cash.

The only part I disagree with is that the top 6 is a sensible target, it should be a minimum target. With our budget and this squad we should be aiming higher than 6th, and finishing 7th or lower is unacceptable, even in the first year back.

Agree. That was the only bit I took issue with as well. I said before the start of the season that I didn't see anyone other than the OF, Hibs and Aberdeen that realistically should be finishing above us. 5th feels like the lowest target we should have been setting for this season. If we finish 5th behind Hibs and Aberdeen but are only a handful of points off 3rd, I wouldn't be delighted but would possibly feel it was good progress. Same with 4th. Happiness with that is likely to be all about how close we are to 3rd. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Only bit I don't understand, when he seems to get it, that he didn't understand we had to sign some cheap players last year to tide us by, until finances dictated otherwise, having been through the turmoil, surely he realises that the Frears etc were required, Baningimes and Woodburns out of our League

4 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

He's talking pish, we're 1 point off top spot :)

Haha was just about to say.

I do agree with the majority of what he said, but I don’t think Hearts fans are getting carried away…yet. 7 points out the next 3 games then we should be aiming for 3rd as a bare minimum. 

14 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Agree. That was the only bit I took issue with as well. I said before the start of the season that I didn't see anyone other than the OF, Hibs and Aberdeen that realistically should be finishing above us. 5th feels like the lowest target we should have been setting for this season. If we finish 5th behind Hibs and Aberdeen but are only a handful of points off 3rd, I wouldn't be delighted but would possibly feel it was good progress. Same with 4th. Happiness with that is likely to be all about how close we are to 3rd. 

This. For once, I slightly disagree with Ryan.

Similarly to the last time we were promoted, you have to look at the league and ask yourself which teams you could justify finishing below. So far it’s only Rangers and Celtic for me, and even that’s based on their resources rather than current form. Aberdeen don’t look great. Dundee Utd and Motherwell currently look decent. Hibs are pretty solid and, uncannily, have had the same result as us in all six matches so far. We’ll see how their season is looking after they’ve played United, Rangers, Aberdeen and Celtic in Rounds 8-11.

But given the squad we now have, I think I’ll be disappointed if we don’t make third this season.

He is talking sense about where we will finish.He will be looking at that defence and realising it isn't good enough to challenge for the top.Perfectly good enough for 3rd place I think but he will want to wait until the first round of fixtures are out of the way before committing to where we will probably finish.

Love big Stevo. What a player and the epitome of the commitment that you need at the club 

Agree with almost everything he says other than going on to say that with the recruitment and squad we have, we should be aiming for minimum 4th as we have an abundance of attacking options and a really solid spine 

I know we have just came up but there is zero reason for us to think any less than 4th is acceptable with the squad we now have

we have to aim high and harbour these ambitions. It’s Pointless and defeatist thinking anything else 

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

It is early but I think Celtic are struggling and we can finish above them if we start taking our chances. 

I agree with this. They appear very vulnerable and we have a squad which should be good enough to take advantage. But I personally feel our biggest weakness may be a lack of goals from midfield, rather than an absence from the forward line. Every good side we've had in the last 20-30 years has seen a big scoring contribution from midfield (Bannon, Mackay, Fulton, Cameron, Hartley, Skacel etc), but I just don't see where that will come from in this squad. Devlin, Woodburn, McEneff perhaps? Certainly not Beni, Haring, Cochrane. We desperately need a goal threat/spark from that area. If we can get that, we're in with a shout.

8 minutes ago, Bickfest said:

I agree with this. They appear very vulnerable and we have a squad which should be good enough to take advantage. But I personally feel our biggest weakness may be a lack of goals from midfield, rather than an absence from the forward line. Every good side we've had in the last 20-30 years has seen a big scoring contribution from midfield (Bannon, Mackay, Fulton, Cameron, Hartley, Skacel etc), but I just don't see where that will come from in this squad. Devlin, Woodburn, McEneff perhaps? Certainly not Beni, Haring, Cochrane. We desperately need a goal threat/spark from that area. If we can get that, we're in with a shout.

13 minutes ago, moonraker said:

They were all more than 2 years ago. No goals this season, and only one last season, in November against Alloa.

Pasquale for King
27 minutes ago, Bickfest said:

It’s a good point, I think Woodburn will give us goals from the number 10 position, Boyce is practically a midfielder also. 
Haring is the only one of the sitters who will score a few, not many though. Devlin might and McEneff would if he got a game. It’s up to the manager to find a way to solve this issue. 

1 hour ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Anyone that thinks Celtic and Rangers won't finish 1st and 2nd quite comfortably is away with the fairies. 

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b95290e49f14bdb95460ed

4 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

It is early but I think Celtic are struggling and we can finish above them if we start taking our chances. 

Its very early and despite the doom and gloom around Celtic they are 3 points from us and 4 points from the top.  

Cast my mind a few years back and sure we were 5 points clear by end of October and struggled to keep ourselves in the top 6 come the end of the season so long long way to go.  I think we have the quality to go for 3rd but would say Hibs and Aberdeen are favourites over us for that at the moment.

6 hours ago, StevenNaismith said:

Gordon

Souttar

Halkett

Kingsley

Smith/Logan

Baningime

Haring/Devlin

Cochrane/Halliday

Boyce

Switch Moore for Halkett.  Halkett always has at least one error in him per game.  He should have stopped County's first goal but instead gawked.  Or go with Smith, Souttar. Kingsley.  Just not Halkett.

Just now, StevenNaismith said:

Gordon

Souttar

Halkett

Kingsley

Smith/Logan

Baningime

Haring/Devlin

Cochrane/Halliday

Boyce

The squad generally is pretty decent but without sorting out a central defender to play alongside Souttar we'll lose too many goals to realistically be a threat or challenge. Firstly, we have to be in there before Hibs and Aberdeen if we're in for the same types of players. The ones they've signed over the last few years have kept them in and around the top of the League while a lot of our signings have been awful, to the point that it wasn't too much of a shock when we kept finding ourselves dropping down the table and the inevitable Championship. 

A few signings have been a bit of a head-scratcher to me so far. Cochrane on loan for one. There's Kingsley as your first choice and Halliday as back-up. Don't get me wrong, he's a very decent player but i just felt that there were other areas of the team that was a priority first. Also not sure about MacKay as yet. Neilson seems to want to switch him from side to side from what i've seen so far but there are already other players whom he can do that with without adding another wage. Walker, GMS, Ginelly and from what i saw of Devlin as well on Saturday so still unsure of why McKay was signed. And also, where does all these signings leave McEneff? The guy that was supposedly signed as a box-to-box midfielder? Baningime has been a great signing though. Moore......he's naturally right-sided so to me that means he'd be a decent back-up if Souttar was injured, suspended etc. but it still leaves a gaping hole on the left of defence. Woodburn, still working out what he is. From what i've seen, he's been like a right-winger at Tannadice but played in midfield on Saturday yet he has a number 9 striker shirt on his back.

We're also lacking upfront with really only Boyce up there. He needs someone to offer him a challenge in there but with Gnanduillet, i don't think he's got that challenge. He'll walk into the team every week. 

Overall, a lot of positives but still a few head-scratchers for me, so far. 

Just now, Jambo92 said:

Its very early and despite the doom and gloom around Celtic they are 3 points from us and 4 points from the top.  

Cast my mind a few years back and sure we were 5 points clear by end of October and struggled to keep ourselves in the top 6 come the end of the season so long long way to go.  I think we have the quality to go for 3rd but would say Hibs and Aberdeen are favourites over us for that at the moment.

The only thing that gets my goat in recent times is this sudden thinking that Hibs are as good as folk like to believe they are. They have one consistent threat....Boyle. Keep the ball away from him and they are nowhere near as potent as some believe. A Hibs pal of mine on Friday night actually said he didn't fancy his team at home to St Mirren and stuck a draw on his coupon. The majority of their players are decent workman-like players but they are not the threat they were when they had McGeoch and McGinn prancing about in midfield. Nisbet will get them a few goals but he's pretty inconsistent. As for Aberdeen....once again they are not as good (or as decent i should say) as they were under McInnes, even with some of the donkeys they've had in their defence during that time. I was quite happy for them to sign that Devlin as he is about as similar to all the others they've had in recent years. Don't get me wrong, both of them will be up and around there later in the season, possibly even Motherwell if they can get a consistent run in them. For me though, IF we sort out a natural left-sided defender and find a striker from somewhere come January, even if Neilson does decide to go back to a more negative side-to-side philosophy there is no reason we couldn't do better than those two, purely on the level Baningime, Woodburn and Cochrane have came from.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Jambo92 said:

The thing with Celtic and their current manager and players aren’t that great, they’re there for the taking, as for Hibs and Aberdeen we’ve seen them already and there’s nothing to worry about with them in my opinion. 

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

The thing with Celtic and their current manager and players aren’t that great, they’re there for the taking, as for Hibs and Aberdeen we’ve seen them already and there’s nothing to worry about with them in my opinion. 

Don't think hibs or Aberdeen will be too worried about us either.

Not much in it. 

Celtic still have some of the best players in the country, spent £20m on a few signings they really aren't there for the taking. 

They'll Finish on 80 + points, Any team ( outside rangers) will do well to be even close them. 

That's the reality. 

We could do it, but it would be  a massive shock, they certainly aren't there for the taking, we'd probably need to win about 30 games out of 38 to manage it. 

If we win 25 games it would be a fantastic league season. 

Edited by Smith's right boot
Win games means equivalent off, not actual wins.

Bazzas right boot

Celtic were shit last season, sacked their manager and chucked the league, still finished on 77 points. 

Might happen again, but even then the 3rd place team was 14 points of them. 

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

That's a fair assessment on Celtic but you just know they'll find a few quid to throw about at some point. A couple of vital positions sorted and we can at least stretch it out to the end of the season. Those two will still be hanging about us so it's important we recruit well in the January transfer window. 

1 hour ago, jambonian said:

The only thing that gets my goat in recent times is this sudden thinking that Hibs are as good as folk like to believe they are. They have one consistent threat....Boyle. Keep the ball away from him and they are nowhere near as potent as some believe. A Hibs pal of mine on Friday night actually said he didn't fancy his team at home to St Mirren and stuck a draw on his coupon. The majority of their players are decent workman-like players but they are not the threat they were when they had McGeoch and McGinn prancing about in midfield. Nisbet will get them a few goals but he's pretty inconsistent. As for Aberdeen....once again they are not as good (or as decent i should say) as they were under McInnes, even with some of the donkeys they've had in their defence during that time. I was quite happy for them to sign that Devlin as he is about as similar to all the others they've had in recent years. Don't get me wrong, both of them will be up and around there later in the season, possibly even Motherwell if they can get a consistent run in them. For me though, IF we sort out a natural left-sided defender and find a striker from somewhere come January, even if Neilson does decide to go back to a more negative side-to-side philosophy there is no reason we couldn't do better than those two, purely on the level Baningime, Woodburn and Cochrane have came from.

I completely agree with you, Hibs have managed to build a bit of a reputation in past 12 months that has seen many teams give them lots of respect. Both them and Aberdeen have depth in their squad which can prove pivotal later in the season. Apart from centre mid we are pretty light.

3rd place will go to the team that puts a mid season run together. 10-15 games with no defeats outside Glasgow and mostly wins home and away. Looking around at the inconsistencies of other teams, that’s all it will take. Drawing at home to rivals and away to bottom 6 dross has to be absolutely minimised if it’s to be us though. Even 2nd might be up for grabs if Celtic don’t improve. Rangers are winning this by 20-30 points though.

Edited by JimmyCant

3 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Don't think hibs or Aberdeen will be too worried about us either.

Not much in it. 

I think they will be more worried about us than we will be by them. They both thought they’d gotten a few years ahead of us, and will be under pressure now that we’re back competing and possibly overtaking them again. They’ve got everything to lose, and they didn’t expect the challenge.

8 minutes ago, Garrincha said:

I think they will be more worried about us than we will be by them. They both thought they’d gotten a few years ahead of us, and will be under pressure now that we’re back competing and possibly overtaking them again. They’ve got everything to lose, and they didn’t expect the challenge.

They both came to our stadium and went home with something. They weren’t worried then, they’re not worried now. They’ve both got us at home twice before the end. Failing to beat either is  a huge missed opportunity by us IMO. There isn’t a manager in this league who has sleepless nights worrying about us. YET !!

Edited by JimmyCant

6 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Anyone that thinks Celtic and Rangers won't finish 1st and 2nd quite comfortably is away with the fairies. 

A fact.

8 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

They both came to our stadium and went home with something. They weren’t worried then, they’re not worried now. They’ve both got us at home twice before the end. Failing to beat either is  a huge missed opportunity by us IMO. There isn’t a manager in this league who has sleepless nights worrying about us. YET !!

but we will go to their stadiums and come home with more :flag1:

I'm a hearts fan. I want 1st.

4th or above would be a good season, every season for us.

If Robbie gets us 4th or above, it's a success.

*as long as its above hibs

gorgie rd eh11

Anything below 3rd should be considered disappointing. That’s the mentality we need to be getting back to.

Ryan gave it all when he played for Hearts, a very good player, the sort of attitude we should demand from everybody who is employed by the club.

Bazzas right boot
10 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

True but we can easily win away to them. 

12 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

True but we can easily win away to them. 

The sooner we learn that nothing comes easy in this league the better. Beating the bottom club at home isn’t easy. Each and every game needs 100% maximum effort playing at the highest level you can manage. Slack off in this league and you’re not winning. Let your performance levels dip and you’re not winning. Simple as that. We’ve dipped in quite a few games this season so far without too much damage but dropped points

Edited by JimmyCant

15 hours ago, ri Alban said:

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b95290e49f14bdb95460ed

😂😂completely agree and it is clear to see why folk start foaming at the mouth when we drop a point, if they genuinely believe we can win the league 😂

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

The sooner we learn that nothing comes easy in this league the better. Beating the bottom club at home isn’t easy. Each and every game needs 100% maximum effort playing at the highest level you can manage. Slack off in this league and you’re not winning. Let your performance levels dip and you’re not winning. Simple as that. We’ve dipped in quite a few games this season so far without too much damage but dropped points

We will drop points and have dips in games tho, I expect that, we won't dominate every game. 

It won't be easy to win the games v them away but I can see us winning there.