Robbie n Joe

Leveins Battalion

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Leveins Battalion said:

No really,a pish Dundee team drew with them,yet we can't really create anything against an under strength Hibs team?

Maybe your happy,I'm not that's why we have ended up with 6 years of shite,too many happy campers happy to watch mediocrity. 

Aye, that's how football works. 

BTW, as we beat celtic and drew with Aberdeen and Hibs, Celtic are already beat by Aberdeen and Hibs. X4 season done. 

Dundee and us is also a draw x3. 

Cracking stuff and logic. 

You're either 10 years old or daft. 

4 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Not if you look at the full picture.  And I was one for thinking the manager should have left. 

What's the full picture?

Anything other than a win against anyone outside the old firm at home is a bad result, even more so against Hibs. Will it happen? Absolutely. Doesn't make it not bad when it does happen though. We're soft against Hibs these days, Hearts should always expect to beat Hibs at Tynecastle. I miss that attitude from us in all honesty and think it plays into our now less than impressive record against them under Robbie.

Leveins Battalion
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

BTW, as we beat celtic and drew with Aberdeen and Hibs, Celtic are already beat by Aberdeen and Hibs. X4 season done. 

Na my logic is that we are Hearts and at home against a under strength Hibs team and should be at them from the start,we were poor,slow  and could  e playing now ans not score.

2 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Well done to Joe Savage for shaping the squad so quick in his time at the club.

However that performance was a typical Robbie Neilson team,absolute shite at home v Hibs,no doubt Ann and Andrew have will be happy with the carnival atmosphere.😌

We need a braver and better manager that’s this joker.

What a load of pish. You are a slaver!

Folk need to get a grip. The fact is, Hibs are a decent side that are a year ahead of us, who finished 3rd last season, yet we were probably the better side. That to me suggests we have come a long way and we are good enough to finish 3rd this season. Secondly, it is early doors, we have a lot of new players and it will take a few games for our team to come together. 0-0 was probably a fair result, we probably edged it in terms of possession and territory but we both had to rely on our keepers to make saves. Overall we remain unbeaten after 5 games, 3 of which have been against last seasons top 4. We're doing OK, could do slightly better, certainly could be a lot worse. I see little to complain about 

Look at where we were a year and a half ago, couldn’t win a game under leveln, struggled again under Stendel, you couldn’t see us winning a game! I think what we have achieved in a short space of time you have to credit to Robbie. We are unbeaten in the league after a tough opening 5 games and actually playing some nice football. Look at today’s game, we played good football and created 16 chances… when was the last time we did that in a derby. Still room for improvement and I’m not happy at only a point either but I don’t think Robbie can be blamed for not going for it. 

now I’m not saying we haven’t got work to do, Robbie has done everything right, or we are the finished article… but you have to give him credit for the position we are in whether you like him or not. We have played three of the top 4 teams last season and two tricky away games. 

yes savage has gave him the players and he’s done a very good job as well. Recruitment looks to have been spot on so far. 

I still think we need to find a way to get more attacking players on the pitch, whether it’s a change to 4-2-3-1, we look to sign proper wing backs in jan, or we put a Ginelly or McKay as the wing backs at home to give us more threat going forward but this formation has worked well for us so I understand why he doesn’t want to change it. We are definitely heading in the right direction 

Bazzas right boot
16 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Na my logic is that we are Hearts and at home against a under strength Hibs team and should be at them from the start,we were poor,slow  and could  e playing now ans not score.

That's not logic, that's just a shit summary of the game. 

2 hours ago, StevenNaismith said:

What a load of nonsense. Only complaint I had today was taking off Woodburn, would have kept him on until he couldn’t run any more as he was pulling all the strings.

It was pretty obvious that GMS and woodburn coming off had been decided before the game. Both players were very involved in the game at the time and should have been left on longer. 

33 minutes ago, ecky92 said:

I take it Walker is finished? Not even making the bench now. 

It's plain and obvious the OP is Jamie Walker imo.

1 hour ago, Russ1977 said:

It was pretty obvious that GMS and woodburn coming off had been decided before the game. Both players were very involved in the game at the time and should have been left on longer. 

Woodburn had cramp

4 hours ago, StevenNaismith said:

What a load of nonsense. Only complaint I had today was taking off Woodburn, would have kept him on until he couldn’t run any more as he was pulling all the strings.

Robbie’s changes certainly did not improve us - as you say Woodburn was causing Hibs problems and GMS was having his best game.

Anyway it was a cracking match and we have proven we can compete at the top end of this league.

4 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Boyce should be dropped next week.

I don't agree. He wasn't great today but he's having to come deep constantly to try and create. Boyce will get 25+ a season of we play to his strengths but we don't. On reflection and on that basis yeah maybe drop him and Neilson can stick another midfielder in there. 

J.T.F.Robertson
4 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Boyce should be dropped next week.

4 hours ago, Mr Rabbit said:

I’d agree with this. Gnando deserves a start. Especially with it being away having someone who we could hit direct might be a better option.

Gnando isn't in the same league as Boyce.

Some of the shite on here, honestly 

I thought we played well today, our movement is so much better than it's been for years, for starters. It was a game we should have won but equally, could have lost.

AND, despite what some on here parrot, that is a pretty decent Hibs team they have going.

3 minutes ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Gnando isn't in the same league as Boyce.

Some of the shite on here, honestly 

I thought we played well today, our movement is so much better than it's been for years, for starters. It was a game we should have won but equally, could have lost.

AND, despite what some on here parrot, that is a pretty decent Hibs team they have going.

Whether Boyce is a better player or not doesn’t mean he shouldn’t be dropped.

I really like Boyce but he was poor today. Nobody is undroppable. Gnando scored the last time he came on as a sub and IMO deserves a chance to start. The whole point in having a squad is that you can’t rotate when players drop under the required standard. If Boyce was on his game today he would have had a goal.

On 12/09/2021 at 20:37, Cruyff said:

Folk need to get a grip. The fact is, Hibs are a decent side that are a year ahead of us, who finished 3rd last season, yet we were probably the better side. That to me suggests we have come a long way and we are good enough to finish 3rd this season. Secondly, it is early doors, we have a lot of new players and it will take a few games for our team to come together. 0-0 was probably a fair result, we probably edged it in terms of possession and territory but we both had to rely on our keepers to make saves. Overall we remain unbeaten after 5 games, 3 of which have been against last seasons top 4. We're doing OK, could do slightly better, certainly could be a lot worse. I see little to complain about 

Absolutely spot on.

On 12/09/2021 at 20:21, Smith's right boot said:

What does this actually say? 

On 12/09/2021 at 20:25, Leveins Battalion said:

Stop drinking on an empty head.

Not winning a home derby is always going to be disappointing. Losing a home derby considerably worse. It’s difficult for some to accept that Hibs are not shite. They are a half decent team with some flaws, almost exactly like ourselves. To me that covers how close the game was and it explains the draw. Both teams tried to win it at stages. Both teams spent time making sure they didn’t get beat. 

There isn’t really that much you can throw at Neilson for this. I didn’t agree with the subs but we don’t know the full story of the thinking behind them

We didn’t lose. We played okay. We tried to win it. Not fatal that we didn’t win it.

What IS important now is we are getting into an ‘easier’ run and we need to be close to max points in the next 3 games,although I’d take 7 points as being successful overall.

6 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Not winning a home derby is always going to be disappointing. Losing a home derby considerably worse. It’s difficult for some to accept that Hibs are not shite. They are a half decent team with some flaws, almost exactly like ourselves. To me that covers how close the game was and it explains the draw. Both teams tried to win it at stages. Both teams spent time making sure they didn’t get beat. 

There isn’t really that much you can throw at Neilson for this. I didn’t agree with the subs but we don’t know the full story of the thinking behind them

We didn’t lose. We played okay. We tried to win it. Not fatal that we didn’t win it.

What IS important now is we are getting into an ‘easier’ run and we need to be close to max points in the next 3 games,although I’d take 7 points as being successful overall.

I think the Smith forced substitution knackered us from bringing on Gnando, so there was some bad luck.   We made subs against Dundee United with Gnando and Ginnelly that won the game for us.

1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

Good post.

As I’m sure has been said the Smith sub probably threw off the intention of bringing on Gnando although judging by his interview they were prepared for Smith coming off on the hour. 

It’s strange that a 0-0 was one of the more enjoyable games I’ve watched in a while. Both teams tried to play the right way and they did make the keepers work. As you say, not much shade can be thrown at RN (although people will find a way). 

On 12/09/2021 at 20:25, Leveins Battalion said:

I honestly think you should watch another sport, football isn't for you

Ex member of the SaS

With the exception of going to a back four during the game I thought we played the best so far. My only worry is will he set up the same for RC? It's fine playing HIbs, Sevco and Celtic but it's the rest we have to beat.

11 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

With the exception of going to a back four during the game I thought we played the best so far. My only worry is will he set up the same for RC? It's fine playing HIbs, Sevco and Celtic but it's the rest we have to beat.

Worked against Dundee United