Robbie n Joe

Leveins Battalion

Leveins Battalion

Well done to Joe Savage for shaping the squad so quick in his time at the club.

However that performance was a typical Robbie Neilson team,absolute shite at home v Hibs,no doubt Ann and Andrew have will be happy with the carnival atmosphere.😌

We need a braver and better manager that’s this joker.

StevenNaismith

What a load of nonsense. Only complaint I had today was taking off Woodburn, would have kept him on until he couldn’t run any more as he was pulling all the strings.

Portable Badger
Just now, StevenNaismith said:

What a load of nonsense. Only complaint I had today was taking off Woodburn, would have kept him on until he couldn’t run any more as he was pulling all the strings.

He came off as feeling his hamstring

I'm happy with the way the team is shaping up and heading.

We should have won today and played the better football.  Our bench is incredibly strong when up to speed.

So, so much to look forward to this season. 

1 minute ago, StevenNaismith said:

Quality player needs to be used as a 10 imo.

2 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

GMS when he had just missed twice and looked hungry as fk was baffling also. 

Miles off with this one.  Robbie put his strongest 11 out and went for it.  Defenders were pushing up, midfield bosses the game and attackers pressed well.  Boyce didn’t have the scoring boots on today.  He’ll fix that next week. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Combination play is in its infancy, understandings are going to need development. 

I think we will win the next 3 though. 

It hasn't been a bad start 

14 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

However that performance was a typical Robbie Neilson team,absolute shite at home v Hibs,no doubt Ann and Andrew have will be happy with the carnival atmosphere.😌

Away you go we have played worse plenty of times and won v them not Robbie biggest fan but we set out to win that game and in my view we deserve to win it 

7 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

Miles off with this one.  Robbie put his strongest 11 out and went for it.  Defenders were pushing up, midfield bosses the game and attackers pressed well.  Boyce didn’t have the scoring boots on today.  He’ll fix that next week. 

Boyce should be dropped next week.

When you talk us down, to suit your agenda, when we actually play well you lose credibility.  LB you are fast losing credibility.

I am one who believes we can find a better manager, I’m not Robbie’s biggest fan that for sure.  BUT he did nothing wrong today.  We have witnessed far far worse derby performances - we had 16 efforts at goal today and I watched derbies with JJ / Paulo / Levein at the helm against far weaker hibs sides where we have had 2 or 3 at most. 

22 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

You people are an utter embarrassment to Hearts. 

16 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

Agree with this tbh. Think both the GMS/Woodburn subs were badly timed but can see the logic in what he was trying to do. I think giving GMS a bit longer before hooking him would have been smart. All with the benefit of hindsight though, I felt Robbie went with his best 11 and individual decision making cost us a win. - GMS puts it anywhere else, goal, Gino puts it across goal to Boyce, goal.

Frustrating, but these things happen, important we bounce back up at Ross County. We played well, so minimal changes when we go to Dingwall. 

1 minute ago, Rick Sanchez said:

he’s scored 7 in 9 and was trying to be the first player to score in 5 consecutive league games for about 20 years. - and you want him dropped Becuase he dipped below those standards? 

We should get Gnando a start alongside him at Ross county

5 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I’d agree with this. Gnando deserves a start. Especially with it being away having someone who we could hit direct might be a better option.

2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

he’s scored 7 in 9 and was trying to be the first player to score in 5 consecutive league games for about 20 years. - and you want him dropped Becuase he dipped below those standards? 

Boyce is class and I’m happy we have him. However he didn’t play great today and we have a squad for a reason.

31 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Get your CV in for consideration.

15 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

When you talk us down, to suit your agenda, when we actually play well you lose credibility.  LB you are fast losing credibility.

I am one who believes we can find a better manager, I’m not Robbie’s biggest fan that for sure.  BUT he did nothing wrong today.  We have witnessed far far worse derby performances - we had 16 efforts at goal today and I watched derbies with JJ / Paulo / Levein at the helm against far weaker hibs sides where we have had 2 or 3 at most. 

The intricacies need fixed though but it may not be until next season. Totally taking into consideration it was a tense, opening derby of the season , I still felt we took too long to get into the game.  Halkett gave us an early fright but I agreed with him when he had a pop at who was in front of him.

We were static, very little movement or courage to show for the ball. When we grew into it, we realised they were actually there to be exposed but still never really capitalised. 

We definitely improved in the 2nd half. Got a grip of the game but we still needed more of a thrust from midfield. Woodburn noticeably injected more urgency into his game and was influential.  

One of those intricacies lies there in midfield though.  Beni needs a hand.  GMS needs to be stopped playing through the middle and actually use his strengths out wider. This comes back to the manager.  

Tbh, I’m not totally sold on our system but that sounds absurd given our start to the season. 

Edited by Debut 4

34 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Little more that a WUM. Tried it with several posts today. All of them utter drivel.

4 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Or that. He's never a lone striker in our current formation, especially having to link with wingers and not a midfield behind him.

1. He rarely wins a ball in the air.

2. If he does and keeps it, he holds it too long.

3. He's rarely in the box.

He needs to be the 10 or he atleast needs a 10 behind him. Or we could play it on the deck and not launch it at him.

Seymour M Hersh
45 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Gies peace ffs! 

LarrysRightFoot
43 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

I'm happy with the way the team is shaping up and heading.

We should have won today and played the better football.  Our bench is incredibly strong when up to speed.

So, so much to look forward to this season. 

That was one of the reasons I’d have thought we’d have won today - our bench looked far stronger than theirs. 

There’s no getting away from it - today was not a good result and despite what some people seem to be saying it was not a good performance. I’m not saying we were terrible - I’m saying it wasn’t that good. 

Edited by LarrysRightFoot

Italian Lambretta

Another OP who sees it as it is.

But as usual the same individuals with their heads stuck firmly in the sand queuing up to call a legitimate opinion a load of shite.

2 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

But as usual the same individuals with their heads stuck firmly in the sand queuing up to call a legitimate opinion a load of shite.

You agreeing with your other login I see. Pathetic doesn't cover it. Hopefully others will follow my lead and put both your logons on ignore. There is no way there are 2 Hearts fans that hate their club as much as you 

5 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Legitimate opinion yes 

Load of shite yes

6 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

That was one of the reasons I’d have thought we’d have won today - our bench looked far stronger than theirs. 

There’s no getting away from it - today was not a good result and despite what some people seem to be saying it was not a good performance. I’m not saying we were terrible - I’m saying it wasn’t that good. 

It was a good result.

We are a team in progress, being put together playing against the side that finished third last year (take it's hibs out of it).   We are still shaping ourselves as a side and it's only September.

Put it this way, when we went on a winning run, including pumping hibs under Levein before it went completely wrong I always thought we where kicking massively and would be found out.  Now - I see it completely the other way.  We are working and building and today showed we can match or better the team that's the third best in the country last year.   

I'm really failing to see the negativity tonight. 

Felt we were happy enough with a point. Never really went hell for leather and left a striker on the bench when we needed a goal. Hardly a disaster but not the attitude I like in a derby.

What's his record in derbies out of interest?

1 hour ago, StevenNaismith said:

59 minutes ago, Portable Badger said:

He came off as feeling his hamstring

TBF, those are also strings. 

That one made sense. GMS seemed to be one that was pre-planned and could have been delayed. 

I get he was probably told he’d only get an hour (or whatever) and to leave it all out there, but even if he was knackered, he’d have felt very close to a goal. That would have got some more energy out of the reserves. 

LarrysRightFoot
38 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

It was a good result.

We are a team in progress, being put together playing against the side that finished third last year (take it's hibs out of it).   We are still shaping ourselves as a side and it's only September.

Put it this way, when we went on a winning run, including pumping hibs under Levein before it went completely wrong I always thought we where kicking massively and would be found out.  Now - I see it completely the other way.  We are working and building and today showed we can match or better the team that's the third best in the country last year.   

I'm really failing to see the negativity tonight. 

Just because we aren’t the finished article doesn’t mean it was a good result. 

We should be winning our home games. 

Yes, Hibs finished 3rd last season but that doesn’t mean they are good. They were a distant 2nd behind a farce of a Celtic side and edged out the worst Aberdeen team for a number of years. 

Hibs have some decent players but aren’t a good team. I mean look at their defence - out with the keeper it’s below average. We should be scoring against that. 

And again look at the benches - we had far more quality. 

Today was not a good result. It could never be described as such. 

Leveins Battalion

Both Well and Dundee managed to score 2 against that pish,yet Robbie could still be playing now with his team and not score,absolute pish with international players up front.

He is not the answer and we will find out the hard way…..again.

If we win the games we should be winning, we will be right up there with new rangers when we play them in a few weeks.  Let's hope our new signings and other senior players really step up to the mark that day.

I can feel a 2-1 win coming on.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Both Well and Dundee managed to score 2 against that pish,yet Robbie could still be playing now with his team and not score,absolute pish with international players up front.

Aye, wish we'd scored 2 and got beat. 

That is also how football works, you just add the scores from previous games up. Always been that way. 

Hopefully we do, we ended up third last time under him. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Absolutely spot on and I’ve no doubt Savage sees that too. 

15 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Just because we aren’t the finished article doesn’t mean it was a good result. 

We should be winning our home games. 

Yes, Hibs finished 3rd last season but that doesn’t mean they are good. They were a distant 2nd behind a farce of a Celtic side and edged out the worst Aberdeen team for a number of years. 

Hibs have some decent players but aren’t a good team. I mean look at their defence - out with the keeper it’s below average. We should be scoring against that. 

And again look at the benches - we had far more quality. 

Today was not a good result. It could never be described as such. 

It wasn't a bad result.

9 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Both Motherwell and Dundee got torn apart by them.  We played the better football and are the better side. 

Why are you so intent on putting our side down man?  

Today wasn't a disaster at all.  

Broara, Alloa, Morton, QOS, Raith, all that shite last year is like a million miles away dude. 

Just now, Taffin said:

Failing to beat Hibs at home is always a bad result imo.

Not if you look at the full picture.  And I was one for thinking the manager should have left. 

Leveins Battalion
11 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Aye, wish we'd scored 2 and got beat. 

That is also how football works, you just add the scores from previous games up. Always been that way. 

Hopefully we do, we ended up third last time under him. 

No really,a pish Dundee team drew with them,yet we can't really create anything against an under strength Hibs team?

Maybe your happy,I'm not that's why we have ended up with 6 years of shite,too many happy campers happy to watch mediocrity.