Newcastle Hearts

Heart of Darkness

54 minutes ago, heatonjambo said:

Ok gents,

again sorry for the multi quote post

not sure how to set a regular Update for match catch-ups for those interested.

it’s either:-

1. We all follow this topic so receive updates - is that correct

2. Set-up a WhatsApp group.

happy to do the latter if people are ok to pm mobile numbers to me.

either way I can’t make a catchup for tomorrows match, well maybe second half, but others could.

would welcome your thoughts, as the catch up this week was, I thought at least, pretty good.

welcome your thoughts gents

whey aye the geordie jambos 

Did you not write folks numbers down the other night or am I imagining that!? 

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• heatonjambo

• stuckinsunderland

• Heart of Darkness

• brawlad74

14 minutes ago, fast_blood said:

Did you not write folks numbers down the other night or am I imagining that!? 

Yeah

we did

this is for others who couldn’t make it

will set up WhatsApp later

My Mrs is from Gateshead so we are down that way often visiting family. On the off chance we are down while Hearts are playing on Tv would happily meet up for a pint.

10 minutes ago, heatonjambo said:

Yeah

we did

this is for others who couldn’t make it

will set up WhatsApp later

No worries mate. 

I'll not get 2 passes in a week from our lass and picking up kids from party as well in aft so it's TV for me. Like Assessor says I'm up on Sat for cup game tho if anyone interested. Happy to join What's App to sort future games. 

• 5 months later...
28 minutes ago, assessor said:

Have my pint on table for 11.05 please. Belhaven Best ...

Half pint for you. Seen what you're like with early starts before. 

Great thread. Have worked periodically in Newcastle over the years and made some good friends along the way.

As a result, I know a few of the aforementioned hostelries!
Hope you manage to all meet up and are able to make this a regular occurrence.

Enjoy, lads. ‘Mon the Hearts ♥️ 

We are in the Junction across the road by Haymarket bus station watching it. C'mon Hearts

• 5 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, Sir Craig Gordon said:

Will be in Newcastle on the 1st October for my 30th so will miss our game v Rangers. Is the 3 bulls still the place to be?

Some place will be

will keep u posted

Hope to be up at that game after early start.  The Junction was sound before but plenty choice up at Haymarket inc 3 Bulls. Would give Crows Nest a miss after poor attitude before last derby. 

• 3 weeks later...

Looking for a pub that will be showing this in Newcastle city centre? Unfortunately Nottingham Forest v Liverpool is on at the same time so I know options will be limited. 

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. 

Ok all,

I have arranged for Heaton Stannington to put the match on in their clubhouse.

its £6 to get in but it’s £3 a pint (Camara real ale awards - larger available) and then you can watch the Northern League match after the hearts match.

Any takers?

3 hours ago, Sir PH said:

Looking for a pub that will be showing this in Newcastle city centre? Unfortunately Nottingham Forest v Liverpool is on at the same time so I know options will be limited. 

On 06/09/2022 at 17:43, Sir Craig Gordon said:

Nice one cheers.

Ok all,

its £6 to get in but it’s £3 a pint (Camara real ale awards - larger available) and then you can watch the Northern League match after the hearts match.

Any takers?

9 minutes ago, heatonjambo said:

Ok all,

its £6 to get in but it’s £3 a pint (Camara real ale awards - larger available) and then you can watch the Northern League match after the hearts match.

Any takers?

Thanks, but I emailed the Waiting Rooms and got a quick reply saying they will definitely have it on, even though Forest v Liverpool is on at the same time. I'm staying next to the Waiting Rooms so this suits me. 

Thanks again though.

15 minutes ago, heatonjambo said:

Ok all,

Any takers?

Unfortunately the mrs has us booked in somewhere for lunch at 1pm so won't get to see any of the game. 

stuckinsunderland

don't think I can make it this time.

I want to try and go to a gig at the Cluny and if I try to go out to the football too I may not make either due to some form of injury!

1 hour ago, stuckinsunderland said:

don't think I can make it this time.

I want to try and go to a gig at the Cluny and if I try to go out to the football too I may not make either due to some form of injury!

Bloody hell man just tell them your going, end off.  They love a bit of decisive machismo.  Well both my exes did,i think 🤔 

On 25/09/2022 at 10:36, Sir PH said:

you a local lad?

• 3 months later...
stuckinsunderland
8 hours ago, assessor said:

Bit quiet on Newcastle Hearts whattsapp. Maybe waiting till after game Wednesday.  What you thinking? 

I’ve got no phone at the minute so was working out if it had been discussed already before I look myself. Have to see what else is on and then if anywhere has viaplay

stuckinsunderland

Seems like the mackums take on the snoggies at 12 and the Leeds match is same KO so any chance on getting it on in a boozer will depend on that (and somewhere having the danish noir station). 

If not, could be I need to get a short subscription and sit in the house

1 hour ago, stuckinsunderland said:

Seems like the mackums take on the snoggies at 12 and the Leeds match is same KO so any chance on getting it on in a boozer will depend on that (and somewhere having the danish noir station). 

If not, could be I need to get a short subscription and sit in the house

"Mackems" 

Surely most pubs in Newcastle won't show that? I know a lot of Newcastle fans like to attend sunderland games in the opposite end for some bizarre reason but can't imagine many would watch in pubs 

I reckon I can get a pass for Sunday. Got the channel on TV but fancy another meet up and a few beers. What bout the Junction again at Haymarket. Worked well last time. 

stuckinsunderland

Short update for those that haven’t seen the WhatsApp messages. 
I got in touch with Junction and asked if they would show the game etc. no response, so I asked the 3 Bulls who confirmed that they will put it on. Could have just winged it I suppose

Cheers for sorting SiS. 3 Bulls gets our dosh. I'm hoping to get into toon early to catch 2nd half NE derby. Feel a long overdue sesh in order hope we get a good turnout. 

Met a great guy in dickens on Wed.geordie who was up for the game hearts through and through .apart from a 5 year sabbatical (the time whe Keegan was in charge of the toon).he was telling me that he had backed hearts 4-0 and was no too happy.

8 minutes ago, Kev1998 said:

Met a great guy in dickens on Wed.geordie who was up for the game hearts through and through .apart from a 5 year sabbatical (the time whe Keegan was in charge of the toon).he was telling me that he had backed hearts 4-0 and was no too happy.

He defo wouldn't have expected Cammy to thump in nos 5 lol. If he's reading this pop along to 3 Bulls on Sun.