Bobo Balde

Ibrahim Tall

Ibrahim Tall

Just got told from a mate hes up tynecastle just now, anyone heard anything? Mistaken identity hopefully.

scott_jambo
Just got told from a mate hes up tynecastle just now, anyone heard anything? Mistaken identity hopefully.

Yeah he is, i just saw him up there not 20 minutes ago.

Sellick fans would be spewing. Most of them rate him.

Er, is he speaking to our new manager? Or his he our new manager?

John Findlay

This would be an interesting signing. In that I bet he gets more yellow and red cards in a Heart shirt than he ever did or would in a Celtic one.

Then there is no bias in Scottish football.

John

Jam Tarts 1874

Berra, Zaliukas, Karipidis with McGowan coming through. We probably could do with one more experienced centre-half? Personally I'd dump Berra if a ?2m bid was forthcoming.

Not sure about Balde though, wins lots of headers and errr that's about it.

I would take bobo in a minute. Solid defender who takes no prisoners. Can have the odd lapse,but miles better than anything we have, especialy in the air.

Balde is mince.

And outwith the "OF Protection Circle" - he's also a red card waiting to happen.

No thank you.

Guest Dipped Flake
I would take bobo in a minute. Solid defender who takes no prisoners. Can have the odd lapse,but miles better than anything we have, especialy in the air.

And is on about ?30 grand a month if I recall...

Hope not. I think we need more discipline at the back and maybe even a defender who can actually play some football. :)

If Balde played Sunday league he'd be arrested on assualt charges.

He's harry hish and on serious cash at Shhheeelllllttttteeek, I wouldn't have him if he was playing for ?30 per week.

And is on about ?30 grand a month if I recall...

I would take Balde as we need someone with a bit of presence. ?30k per month may be more like what he will have to take from his next club because he's not exactly a spring chicken now.

Rudolf's Mate

If true then this is worrying as we were told no signings till the new manager was in place!

BB is a liability and there are tons of defenders out there commanding half what he is and double the player he is. This would be a really bad signing. To those out there who slagged off Elvis wanting rid of him for being too slow then BB is exactly the same.

rudi must stay
If true then this is worrying as we were told no signings till the new manager was in place!

BB is a liability and there are tons of defenders out there commanding half what he is and double the player he is. This would be a really bad signing. To those out there who slagged off Elvis wanting rid of him for being too slow then BB is exactly the same.

you can still talk to players without signing them

Why would he be at Tyncastle anyway? I thought all this sort of business was now done at Riccarton with Tynecastle only being used on matchdays?

Rudolf's Mate
Why would he be at Tyncastle anyway? I thought all this sort of business was now done at Riccarton with Tynecastle only being used on matchdays?

Would depend on how advanced they were to signing him. It's not unusual to show players round the stadium even though he's no doubt seen it already!

Over the past 2 or 3 seasons we have had a simply appalling disciplinary record. Signing Balde would ensure that continues. Everyone in football knows perfectly well that he would receive card after card after card playing outside the OF.

So he can head a ball - magic. He can't even do that when he's suspended.

Romanov's interview yesterday slagged off players in Scotland being better suited to boxing. Maybe that's why we are going for Bobo

sounds rubbish.

he's on serious cash and wouldn't come here unless he was getting a good offer.

did he not turn down Sunderland ?

eitherway- Vlad is trying to get cheap players and i can't see him paying out big wages on BoBo.

Over the past 2 or 3 seasons we have had a simply appalling disciplinary record. Signing Balde would ensure that continues. Everyone in football knows perfectly well that he would receive card after card after card playing outside the OF.

So he can head a ball - magic. He can't even do that when he's suspended.

So your answer would be to only sign players who bottle out of tackles and shy away from confrontation?.

Hope we make some signings like that,christ don't we have enough of them at the club already.

Also fwiw i think the Balde thing is a non starter but you can't question his fight when he's on the park.

This makes no sense after Vlads rant yesterday, and the news that no players would be signed until the new Manager is in place.:confused:

This makes no sense after Vlads rant yesterday, and the news that no players would be signed until the new Manager is in place.:confused:

Balde hasn't signed, has he?

I think reference was made to identifying players but the manager would decide if he was to be signed. We could come to an agreement in principle meantime with Balde with the manager having the final say.

Or,

I say, Or

maybe the new manager has been consulted.

cosanostra

Can't see this happening in any shape or form.

We do need some aggression and tackling ability at the back, our team is full of gutless mincers at the moment. Would probably be a good signing.

So your answer would be to only sign players who bottle out of tackles and shy away from confrontation?.

Hope we make some signings like that,christ don't we have enough of them at the club already.

Also fwiw i think the Balde thing is a non starter but you can't question his fight when he's on the park.

Balde is a thug. He gets away with it because he plays for Celtic.

At Hearts he'd have to cut it out or get constantly sent off.

He costs too much anyway, non-starter.

Surely thers too many reasons that this cant/shouldnt/wont happen for this to be true? Not a bad player a few years back but without the old firm protection he gets and the fact he hasnt been playing regularly since strachan went there then i doubt this would be worthwile. Did he not get a few more red cards in europe when he tried to play the way he did in the spl? or was it just the uefa cup final?

In the unlikely even of the fat Jose goncalves coming to Hearts I can gaurantee one thing..........

He will get a hell of a lot more yellow and red cards

FACT

Yeah he is, i just saw him up there not 20 minutes ago.

not tempted to ask him what he was up to?

I would take Balde as we need someone with a bit of presence. ?30k per month may be more like what he will have to take from his next club because he's not exactly a spring chicken now.

We can't afford him, simple!! Plus, he's pretty usless.He can't play out of defence without barging into players, his diciplinary record is woeful and would get worse, we all know how old firm players get away with things the rest of us don't. There are far better options out there for more realistic wages. Romanov goes on about players in Scotland more suited to Boxing, what does he think Balde is? I've said before, we should be looking at promising players coming through at other teams, people like young Darren Barr at Falkirk. Look how well Webster done when we signed him from Arbroath, no matter what we think of him now, he still did us a turn when he was here.

heartsfc_fan

I'd take Balde. We need some "hard man" style back in the team...players like Wallace, Driver etc etc good players but far too light weight

before it becomes like some more of the fanciful tales of poss player signings even talking like he would and indeed should come is stupid -- he will not --end of story.

Earns ?30,00 per week -- has one year left on contract -- has turned down 2 moves to Premiership as they will not pay his salary - what makes anyone think he will be coming to us ?

There was a statement on the Hearts site just yesterday stating that no new players would be signed until we had a new manager. On the basis of that, Balde was not at Tynecastle to finalise a transfer.

before it becomes like some more of the fanciful tales of poss player signings even talking like he would and indeed should come is stupid -- he will not --end of story.

Earns ?30,00 per week -- has one year left on contract -- has turned down 2 moves to Premiership as they will not pay his salary - what makes anyone think he will be coming to us ?

Fair Comment, but what is he doing at Tynecastle then ? assuming it is true that he was seen there.:confused:

Jambosimmy

wouldnt be my ideal signing but he is better than we have by far. sling berra if we can get ?2m for him

Jambof3tornado

I heard he was at tynie sharing a pizza with Nade. an 84'' pepperoni with all the extra you could add.

No way,this is just so way off the mark its crazy that people get hot and bothered over it.:wacko:

Actually, I think I can question his fight. I think he is a dangerous player who puts in dangerous tackles and has been allowed to get away with it because he plays for one of the OF.

All teams need one or two "hard" players, but they and, more importantly, we don't need liabilities. My main memory of watching Balde play is that I cringe every time he goes for a 50:50 ball.

I suppose if we did sign him (and I agree it isn't going to happen), we would quickly be able to start thinking that Brellier was a bit soft.

Patrick Bateman
In the unlikely even of the fat Jose goncalves coming to Hearts I can gaurantee one thing..........

In what way are Goncalves and Balde similar, other than the colour of their skin, and is "fat" the only pejorative term you know? :rolleyes:

Boab Mugabe

Balde would help us come top of the league again.

The red/yellow card count league, that is.

We can't afford him, simple!! Plus, he's pretty usless.He can't play out of defence without barging into players, his diciplinary record is woeful and would get worse, we all know how old firm players get away with things the rest of us don't. There are far better options out there for more realistic wages. Romanov goes on about players in Scotland more suited to Boxing, what does he think Balde is? I've said before, we should be looking at promising players coming through at other teams, people like young Darren Barr at Falkirk. Look how well Webster done when we signed him from Arbroath, no matter what we think of him now, he still did us a turn when he was here.

It's good to have someone on the board with all the background details or is that just your opinion?

Say What Again

Spot on.

The amount of people on this thread entertaining the very notion of this is embarrassing.

?30,000 p/w and priced out of moves to Sunderland, Hull and Birmingham (IIRC).

Utter garbage.

If he was seen at Tynie - which I doubt - there was more chance he was there to buy a season ticket than sign for us.

Spot on.

The amount of people on this thread entertaining the very notion of this is embarrassing.

?30,000 p/w and priced out of moves to Sunderland, Hull and Birmingham (IIRC).

Utter garbage.

If he was seen at Tynie - which I doubt - there was more chance he was there to buy a season ticket than sign for us.

While I think it is highly unlikely we would/could meet his financial demands, just remember when we first tried to get M Stewart. He too seemed too costly but a deal was brokered and he duly arrived.

Can't see this happening in any shape or form.

We do need some aggression and tackling ability at the back, our team is full of gutless mincers at the moment. Would probably be a good signing.

Agree with all of that, but can't see him coming to Hearts.

Boo Boo Baldy is the worst central defender in Scottish football (not just the SPL). He is absolutely useless unless you are a fan of thuggery.

But just in case this is any more than a ridiculous rumour - Baldy GTF :mad: :mad:

Seymour M Hersh
Balde is mince.

And outwith the "OF Protection Circle" - he's also a red card waiting to happen.

No thank you.

Agreed, he'd never get away with half his challenges were it not for the green & grey hooped shirt he wears.

Archived