• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• alwaysthereinspirit

• kingantti1874

• RustyRightPeg

• GinRummy

upgotheheads
5 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Went off injured. Hopefully only his hammy. Decent debut though.

Hope it wasn't his hamstring, out for 3 or 4 weeks if so. Looked like cramp to me.

Thought he looked really good tbh on Hearts TV, works hard, very energetic and quite quick too, constantly causing united problems on the right hand side, was probably one of our best players in the first half, still a little bit rusty with his final ball but maybe because he hasn't played first team football in a while? Really hope there's nothing in him coming off but cramp.

Unknown user
1 minute ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Thought he looked really good tbh on Hearts TV, works hard, very energetic and quite quick too, constantly causing united problems on the right hand side, was probably one of our best players in the first half, still a little bit rusty with his final ball but maybe because he hasn't played first team football in a while? Really hope there's nothing in him coming off but cramp.

I was really happy to see the energy and work ethic he showed, clearly not taking this for granted

Was apparently his calf. Possibly just cramp. Robbie played it down after the game. 🤞🏼 he’s absolutely fine. How did he play today? 

Some nice touches and good pressing. He’s not a winger and comes inside a little more which might be a benefit as Boyce isn’t isolated as much.

He’s not scared to take a player on and managed to get a cross in on a few occasions where others would have booted the ball out of play. 

Feel he can be a big player and it’s good that we’ve got the international break to work with the new signings and hopefully allow them to work with each other.

alwaysthereinspirit

Hopefully nothing to worry about and now over two weeks with no need to rush anything.

Looked  comfortable in what ever he tried to pull off.

Clearly a player in there. A wee bit rusty but plenty of desire and a few good touches despite playing very wide. Could be a great player for us if Robbie figures out how to play him to his strengths to suit him and Boycie.

BackOfTheNet

Hopefully he’ll be okay for the Hibs game. For me it needs to be Ginnelly and Woodburn against them as GMS may not be up to pace.

alwaysthereinspirit
3 minutes ago, CostaJambo said:

Clearly a player in there. A wee bit rusty but plenty of desire and a few good touches despite playing very wide. Could be a great player for us if Robbie figures out how to play him to his strengths to suit him and Boycie.

That’s gonna be difficult I fear. Boyce is slower than treacle. Woodburn would have to slow his own game down to give Boyce a chance to catch up.

Boyce needs to stop thinking about everything and who to knock it back to and just shoot the ball at goal. He’ll score goals for us but will always frustrate every game.

TyphoonJambo

Never bean a better time to have an international break. Get the new guys bedded in,  arrange a couple of bounce games, then batter the Lochend tramps.

alwaysthereinspirit
5 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Hopefully he’ll be okay for the Hibs game. For me it needs to be Ginnelly and Woodburn against them as GMS may not be up to pace.

GMS will not win one 60/40 ball. No good in a derby match. Bench for me in two weeks.

3 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

GMS will not win one 60/40 ball. No good in a derby match. Bench for me in two weeks.

he will win us  a penalty 

alwaysthereinspirit
1 minute ago, cookieboy said:

Hopefully as a late sub when we’re already up 6-0

BackOfTheNet
8 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Sad to say but may be true. Could be a great impact sub. Put it this way, if you’re Jack Ross you’d rather have GMS running at your defence than Woodburn or Ginnelly.

south morocco

Thing is with GMS, he can be anonymous for most of the game yet produce a moment of magic to turn the game. Not saying that happened today but you get the drift.

Just now, south morocco said:

Thing is with GMS, he can be anonymous for most of the game yet produce a moment of magic to turn the game. Not saying that happened today but you get the drift.

This. 

south morocco
1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Sad to say but may be true. Could be a great impact sub. Put it this way, if you’re Jack Ross you’d rather have GMS running at your defence than Woodburn or Ginnelly.

Not sure how you can justify that after Woodburn playing 60mins for the club?

julienbrellier

anyone else waiting/expecting news he's out for the next 6 months.......

bad memories from the last 4/5 seasons clearly. He walked off though so should be fine

alwaysthereinspirit
2 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

He’s obviously skilled but he is so frustrating to watch weekly. 

I thought he looked a bit rusty with some of his passes and touches. But full of energy, and presses high and gets stuck in. Sure Klopp will have drilled that in to him.

alwaysthereinspirit
2 minutes ago, south morocco said:

You could see in the first half he has skills and has been coached by good coaches.

Second half even before the muscle issue he was quieter. But he’s the real deal and will be even better with two weeks getting to know his team mates. 

BackOfTheNet
3 minutes ago, south morocco said:

I’m not saying GMS is a bad player, but the only way he beats a guy these days is with a trick. Woodburn evidently has pace GMS doesn’t have so he’ll be well within the pace of a frenetic derby, but more importantly he’s on loan from one club and manager that is probably the most synonymous with high pressing and he showed some of that today - and that’s going to be a vital attribute in the derby I feel.

Unknown user
20 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

That’s gonna be difficult I fear. Boyce is slower than treacle. Woodburn would have to slow his own game down to give Boyce a chance to catch up.

Boyce needs to stop thinking about everything and who to knock it back to and just shoot the ball at goal. He’ll score goals for us but will always frustrate every game.

Boyce isn't frustrating me

alwaysthereinspirit
1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

Not being rude but what a load of shite.

That’s not rude. Just your opinion.

No way am I the only Hearts fan Boyce frustrates 5 times a game.

Unknown user
47 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

Was apparently his calf. Possibly just cramp. Robbie played it down after the game. 🤞🏼 he’s absolutely fine. How did he play today? 

Showed lots of energy and willingness to cover ground. There were a couple of times you could see the quality of movement he has, looks like he'll be really dangerous

46 minutes ago, julienbrellier said:

anyone else waiting/expecting news he's out for the next 6 months.......

bad memories from the last 4/5 seasons clearly. He walked off though so should be fine

Have to admit that this is my worry too. We have had awful luck with injuries over the last few years, and it wouldn’t be the first time we had a player go off with something apparently innocuous and then not reappear for half a season!

Hopefully OK, but I’m going to fret anyway.

wattie exploited

always on the move looking for a gap to play in , he is going to be a brilliant player for us he is fast and gets stuck in as well he even has his own song already :rifle:

Glamorgan Jambo

Looked really good and understandably lacks match fitness.

the only word of warning I’ve had about him

is a tendency to leave the boot in and attract cards (sometimes red). He did this once in the first half but didn’t get a card.

55 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

Have to admit that this is my worry too. We have had awful luck with injuries over the last few years, and it wouldn’t be the first time we had a player go off with something apparently innocuous and then not reappear for half a season!

Hopefully OK, but I’m going to fret anyway.

Neilson confirmed on radio after match that he's fine.

Tokyo Drifter
2 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

Hope it wasn't his hamstring, out for 3 or 4 weeks if so. Looked like cramp to me.

Robbie doesn't seem too worried. Hopefully right as rain for when The Flumps visit.

22 minutes ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

Looked really good and understandably lacks match fitness.

the only word of warning I’ve had about him

is a tendency to leave the boot in and attract cards (sometimes red). He did this once in the first half but didn’t get a card.

🤣 I actually cheered when he did that.

I was happy with what I saw, I thought we could've used him abit more though. Was positive, got stuck in and didn't look out of place. Glad he'll be okay. I'd like to see him play in the 10 in a 3-5-2. 

• 2 weeks later...
rudi must stay
On 28/08/2021 at 17:49, cookieboy said:

Are you the same poster that said Gordon will not be beat by Hibs if so well done an interesting posting style

2 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Thought he looked very good today in the derby, he's going to be a big player for us this season.

he’s different class.. touch, movement, vision.  That effort in the first half was lovely, a wee shift and bang.  If it had been 6 cm lower it would have been a derby goal for the ages