Ben Woodburn

tartofmidlothian

The Old Tolbooth

His crossing of the ball and his vision is head and shoulders above anyone else we have, the corners he put into the box in the first half had Hibs wetting their kecks all over the shop and we had them in real trouble with crosses and set pieces, he then put Smith on corners second half who couldn't cross a road, Woodburn is a class player and well above average for our league, we're lucky to have the lad. 

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• alwaysthereinspirit

• kingantti1874

• RustyRightPeg

• GinRummy

1 minute ago, jonesy said:

Indeed. Not just replacements, but, arguably, upgrades on yesterday's starting XI. We're a long way from Elliot Frear, Marcel Langer and Bobby Burns.

Thank goodness.

52 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

I thought GMS did well yesterday. He and Woodburn will be good at unlocking defences for us, especially at Tynie v teams who sit in.

Wish he'd realised he had more time with his chance. Was good right foot hit, but he could've taken another touch closer to goal in hindsight

I thought he was just OK. I liked how he was the only one to play to the whistle for his chance from long range in the first half, but otherwise felt he was robbed of possession a bit too easily and didn't do enough to try and win it back. I and most of the people sitting nearby yesterday were getting frustrated with him.

He started to play well around 60mins by which time Gino was warming up so too little too late I think unfortunately. Gino and McKay did well when they came on so gives Robbie another wee possible selection dilemma for the next couple of games. I have to say it feels good to be in this situation for once, rather than wondering why Lewis Moore isn't getting a game lol. 

Edited by Batistuta87

Bazzas right boot

Him, Boyce, McKay and GMS will be good together, maybe even walker - all quick thinking players that play with their heads up. 

Pasquale for King

He is a quality addition and will only get better as he gets fitter, to get the best out of him his team mates will need to give him the ball more and make better runs. They put Gogic on to try and stop him. 

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Him, Boyce, McKay and GMS will be good together, maybe even walker - all quick thinking players that play with their heads up. 

Definitely, it’s getting them all on the pitch at the same time that might need a formation change once they’re  all fit. 

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Definitely, it’s getting them all on the pitch at the same time that might need a formation change once they’re  all fit. 

just drop smith and cochrane from Ginelly and McKay. Drop Haring for Gnando.

Sorted.. 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yip, I'm edging towards a varient of the 442

Gogs 

Smith

Soappy

Moore

Cochrane 

Beni

Devlin

Gms

Mackay 

Woodburn 

Boyce 

41311/ 4132

Ofc, we have other options to mix the personnel up but I think that gives the midfield the best balance. 

27 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

I thought he was just OK. I liked how he was the only one to play to the whistle for his chance from long range in the first half, but otherwise felt he was robbed of possession a bit too easily and didn't do enough to try and win it back. I and most of the people sitting nearby yesterday were getting frustrated with him.

He started to play well around 60mins by which time Gino was warming up so too little too late I think unfortunately. Gino and McKay did well when they came on so gives Robbie another wee possible selection dilemma for the next couple of games. I have to say it feels good to be in this situation for once, rather than wondering why Lewis Moore isn't getting a game lol. 

I thought Ginneley was nullified by Doig when he came on. Doig didn’t let him go down the line once. 

Doig didn’t do much yesterday but I thought he did defend well especially because he was up against 3 of our better players throughout the match. 

5 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

I thought Ginneley was nullified by Doig when he came on. Doig didn’t let him go down the line once. 

Doig didn’t do much yesterday but I thought he did defend well especially because he was up against 3 of our better players throughout the match. 

Where you did see Doig exposed was back post balls. Gino's header but also another which was just a yard long. We didnt try to expose his blind side enough in that way

We werent getting down his outside, so bring Gnando on to occupy their CHs and pull Boyce onto Doigs backpost, get balls in from the left

Not criticism, all hind sight. Do think Smith coming off hindered the plan

2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Sounds great playing in front of our 7 defensive players :)

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Sounds great playing in front of our 7 defensive players :)

Defending Well is a good thing. 

2 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Yeah I agree. I thought he was ok/good but I definitely have seen better performances on the day. I can tell that he has quality about him and with a few more games he will get even better.  A 6.5 maybe a 7 outta 10 for me. 

Jambof3tornado
7 hours ago, FERRY HEARTS said:

Sorry lads never seen him stretching or pulling up I must have been that rapped up atmosphere! Loved seeing Ben on sport scene having a kick at Hobo off ball. The lad don’t shirk FTH 

Aye think when we were making a change he was on the deck stretching out,he looked fair puggled,not sure why given the slow pace of the game.......