Uber Eats

neilnunb

Has anyone had any issues with this mob? Or indeed McDonald's?

So basically on 4th July, I was visiting my grandmother who likes a wee McDonald's. Normally I would order through Just Eat but it was showing as unavailable, so tried Uber Eats. Again unavailable, however I managed to get an order through via the McDonald's App.

I checked the progress of the order and 3 different drivers were allocated and eventually the order left with a driver. After 45mins the order status changed to delivered however no food had arrived. I contacted McDonald's support who advised to contact Uber Eats as they run the delivery service for McDonald's app.  I phoned Uber and was told they couldn't arrange a refund as there was a technical issue so I was to phone back the next night. For the next 6 nights I called and was fobbed off and was told I didn't need to call again as they would contact me. This 'technical issue' had supposedly been going on since 21st June, which I found hard to believe for a company the size of Uber. One of the agents also confimed that McDonald's were right to direct me to them.

Anyway, I had heard nothing since so today I contacted Uber...who fobbed me off to McDonald's. McDonald's meanwhile insist it is Uber I have to take it up with. Round and round I have gone today, mostly replying to the generic pish they send and now Uber are saying they won't respond to any more messages. 

The order was £25 so it's hardly life changing but the fact neither will take responsibility or actually acknowledge the issue has ****ed me right off. 🤣🤬

It's my gran I feel sorry for...she's been told to savour the taste of the last McDonald's she had as I won't be ordering any more. 😁

1 minute ago, jonesy said:

So, something good has come of this, then?

😁 true. She's 92...she's probably lost all sense of taste really.

8 hours ago, neilnunb said:

So basically on 4th July, I was visiting my grandmother who likes a wee McDonald's. Normally I would order through Just Eat but it was showing as unavailable, so tried Uber Eats. Again unavailable, however I managed to get an order through via the McDonald's App.

I checked the progress of the order and 3 different drivers were allocated and eventually the order left with a driver. After 45mins the order status changed to delivered however no food had arrived. I contacted McDonald's support who advised to contact Uber Eats as they run the delivery service for McDonald's app.  I phoned Uber and was told they couldn't arrange a refund as there was a technical issue so I was to phone back the next night. For the next 6 nights I called and was fobbed off and was told I didn't need to call again as they would contact me. This 'technical issue' had supposedly been going on since 21st June, which I found hard to believe for a company the size of Uber. One of the agents also confimed that McDonald's were right to direct me to them.

Anyway, I had heard nothing since so today I contacted Uber...who fobbed me off to McDonald's. McDonald's meanwhile insist it is Uber I have to take it up with. Round and round I have gone today, mostly replying to the generic pish they send and now Uber are saying they won't respond to any more messages. 

The order was £25 so it's hardly life changing but the fact neither will take responsibility or actually acknowledge the issue has ****ed me right off. 🤣🤬

It's my gran I feel sorry for...she's been told to savour the taste of the last McDonald's she had as I won't be ordering any more. 😁

I would think in this instance you ordered through the McDonald's app so your contract is with them and not Uber Eats, therefore they should be giving the refund and taking it up with their delivery partners to recoup their losses. That's certainly how it works for deliveries from online retailers when Hermes etc don't deliver your parcel.

54 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

I would think in this instance you ordered through the McDonald's app so your contract is with them and not Uber Eats, therefore they should be giving the refund and taking it up with their delivery partners to recoup their losses. That's certainly how it works for deliveries from online retailers when Hermes etc don't deliver your parcel.

👍

That's what I thought but McDonald's directed me to Uber. The Uber agent I spoke to on the phone agreed with that and the number you are told to contact if any issues is the Uber one. Now they seem to be blaming each other. 

I'll go to the Ombudsman though 🙂

Jamstomorrow
9 hours ago, neilnunb said:

I would say that your 'beef' is with McDonalds.   

After all the fobbing off you have been through, my advice would be to contact the CEO of McDonalds and make them aware.   I imagine you can find that info online.

No doubt it will be passed to someone else to deal with, but from my experience, going to the top works. 

Good luck.

7 minutes ago, Jamstomorrow said:

I would say that your 'beef' is with McDonalds.   

After all the fobbing off you have been through, my advice would be to contact the CEO of McDonalds and make them aware.   I imagine you can find that info online.

No doubt it will be passed to someone else to deal with, but from my experience, going to the top works. 

Good luck.

👍

I should have had doubts as soon as I saw the delivery boy was called Fabien...can't be many of them in Kirkcaldy. 😁

Edited by neilnunb

Jamstomorrow
2 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

👍

I should have had doubts as soon as I saw the delivery boy was called Fabien...can't be many of them in Kirkcaldy. 😁

Hunt him down and ask where the fek your order is!!

Might be an age thing but I’ve never used any of these delivery apps. 

Yes I get a Chinese or a pizza delivered but I just normally phone order into local shop and they have their own drivers 

I was in costa last week and a just eat guy comes in and picks up two coffees, at first I thought they were for himself but then I seen him put them in his bag and realised they were for a delivery 😱😱

Who the hell orders coffee?

23 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

Are you on twitter? If so tweet them and it should help move it on as they hate bad publicity

[email protected]

For the CEO of UK McDonald's

Not on twitter but thanks for the email addy 🙂

Had similar with a discount not going through. Found it quite a fuddle to contacting them. Kept getting what looked like a generated reply and told the matter was over. Just kept contacting and eventually got my cash back.

highlandjambo3
13 hours ago, neilnunb said:

She is still getting fed though yes? 😂

3 hours ago, theshed said:

Might be an age thing but I’ve never used any of these delivery apps. 

Yes I get a Chinese or a pizza delivered but I just normally phone order into local shop and they have their own drivers 

I was in costa last week and a just eat guy comes in and picks up two coffees, at first I thought they were for himself but then I seen him put them in his bag and realised they were for a delivery 😱😱

Who the hell orders coffee?

From your local Chinese it'll be the same delivery driver regardless of whether or not you phone or order through Just Eat etc.

Ordering online is just more convenient. It saves you speaking to someone, stops you forgetting to order prawn crackers and eliminates the risk of the person at the other end of the phone taking your order down wrong.

28 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

She is still getting fed though yes? 😂

😲  heck these OAPs eat better than me 😁

7 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

From your local Chinese it'll be the same delivery driver regardless of whether or not you phone or order through Just Eat etc.

Ordering online is just more convenient. It saves you speaking to someone, stops you forgetting to order prawn crackers and eliminates the risk of the person at the other end of the phone taking your order down wrong.

Yes I understand why ordering online for food is popular but can’t get my head around people ordering a coffee from costa 

the sub goalie

During lockdown one of our neighbours ordered a McDonalds like every second day, which the delivery drivers kept leaving at our door, knocking and going away.

First time it happened, I checked and there was no address on it so no idea who ordered it.  I phoned McDonalds to let them know the food had been delivered to the wrong address, the cheeky git asked if I would take it back lol.  Genuinely couldn't believe it, still who doesn't love a free scran.

8 minutes ago, the sub goalie said:

During lockdown one of our neighbours ordered a McDonalds like every second day, which the delivery drivers kept leaving at our door, knocking and going away.

First time it happened, I checked and there was no address on it so no idea who ordered it.  I phoned McDonalds to let them know the food had been delivered to the wrong address, the cheeky git asked if I would take it back lol.  Genuinely couldn't believe it, still who doesn't love a free scran.

🤣

1 hour ago, theshed said:

Yes I understand why ordering online for food is popular but can’t get my head around people ordering a coffee from costa 

you dont happen to live near the OPs grandmother?

20 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

you dont happen to live near the OPs grandmother?

🤣 I have actually ordered from Costa via Just Eat

scott herbertson

Uber eats is easy for me

They don't deliver in my area

Just eat offer one curry house and one pizza place

The curry house adds £7.50 delivery charge

The pizza place adds £10.95

Life is simple in Birnam - you cook for your family and friends, and that's it. Its Prawn Dhansak ( onions from the garden) and Sag Aloo (onions spinach and tatties from the garden) chez herbertson tonight

luckyBatistuta
18 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

🤣 I have actually ordered from Costa via Just Eat

Kettle or coffee machine too far of a stretch for you Neil, or do you live in a mansion🤣

48 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Kettle or coffee machine too far of a stretch for you Neil, or do you live in a mansion🤣

Haha don't actually drink coffee but I think it was a £10 off voucher if I spent a certain amount...so macaroni cheese (nice but barely a mouthful), egg mayo sandwich, 4 cakes and a smoothie sort of drink. 🤣

I enjoyed lockdown a bit much 😁

luckyBatistuta
57 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Haha don't actually drink coffee but I think it was a £10 off voucher if I spent a certain amount...so macaroni cheese (nice but barely a mouthful), egg mayo sandwich, 4 cakes and a smoothie sort of drink. 🤣

I enjoyed lockdown a bit much 😁

You think😱🤣

2 hours ago, scott herbertson said:

Uber eats is easy for me

They don't deliver in my area

Just eat offer one curry house and one pizza place

The curry house adds £7.50 delivery charge

The pizza place adds £10.95

Life is simple in Birnam - you cook for your family and friends, and that's it. Its Prawn Dhansak ( onions from the garden) and Sag Aloo (onions spinach and tatties from the garden) chez herbertson tonight

I was up near there a week past Saturday. Cardney Steading for a wedding. Lovely venue.

John Findlay
13 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

He lives in Kirkcaldy. Having a coffee is exotic living for him🤣

8 hours ago, John Findlay said:

He lives in Kirkcaldy. Having a coffee is exotic living for him🤣

Aye, and I'll be stuck here if your lot are cutting train services! 😋👊

John Findlay
19 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

19 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

The conductors have just voted 4:1 in favour of carrying on their industrial action. There is every chance it will now escalate to include more days of the week than just Sundays.

Unfortunately for the travelling public this dispute is not going to be resolved anytime soon.

luckyBatistuta
1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

The conductors have just voted 4:1 in favour of carrying on their industrial action. There is every chance it will now escalate to include more days of the week than just Sundays.

Unfortunately for the travelling public this dispute is not going to be resolved anytime soon.

Keep up the fight John💪 don’t worry about these daft fifers. They can always get a backie off the wee Uber eats boy on his moped if they wanna travel.