Beni - out until next season with cruciate injury

wattie exploited

As much as I love benny as a player.the wide open spaces of hampdenwould have lessened his effectiveness.very good on the ball and can contour up almost anything on a tighter pitch.the players that will win it for us in my opinion are the likes of  McKay.simms and finally guys who will relish the space.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wattie exploited

• Bazzas right boot

• Thomaso

• TheBigO

Nelly Terraces

Thinking optimistically, if we get 3rd & to the final then the cash we’ll generate from being in Europe should give us more purchase clout in the market, as well as the opportunity for players to play in Europe making us a more enticing prospect for them to want to sign for us.

Out for 9 months as per latest article from banderson 

With fellow midfielder Beni Baningime out for anything up to nine months because of a cruciate ligament injury, Haring is an experienced and valuable deputy

Graingerdanger

Dr D Nicholl has just been in touch, confirmed that we will not see John Souttar in a maroon jersey again. Injury worse than club is letting on. 

5 minutes ago, Graingerdanger said:

Dr D Nicholl has just been in touch, confirmed that we will not see John Souttar in a maroon jersey again. Injury worse than club is letting on. 

Not good to hear.

Thank goodness we don’t have him on a long term contract.

1 minute ago, McCrae said:

Not good to hear.

Thank goodness we don’t have him on a long term contract.

Wonder how tight the Rangers contract is.  Pre-contracts not watertight I don't think...

Could be interesting

16 minutes ago, Graingerdanger said:

If true, whoever would have thunk it huh ... 

TyphoonJambo

I'm genuinely gutted for him. Injuries wil probably hamper what could gave been a very good career. In whatever shirt.

Boyces beard
4 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Wonder how tight the Rangers contract is.  Pre-contracts not watertight I don't think...

Could be interesting

Is it not the case that a pre contract is not legally binding until the day the contract begins. I am sure there was another case in Scotland not so long ago where a player chose not to move to a club he had signed for on a pre contract. There might have been some financial payment involved iirc but i am not 100% sure. 

If Sevco where to renege on the deal or use some other stipulation to pull out of the deal where would that leave JS.

Like you say this could become very interesting if indeed Souttar has another serious injury although if he had done his Achilles again surely Hearts would have said as much.

Rick Sanchez

I said the other day I'm now content with his wages being spent on someone more reliable fitness wise. Let's be honest, he shouldn't really have been offered a multi year deal with his record.

Good luck and all the best in life. Professionally, not so much.

5 minutes ago, Boyces beard said:

Is it not the case that a pre contract is not legally binding until the day the contract begins. I am sure there was another case in Scotland not so long ago where a player chose not to move to a club he had signed for on a pre contract. There might have been some financial payment involved iirc but i am not 100% sure. 

If Sevco where to renege on the deal or use some other stipulation to pull out of the deal where would that leave JS.

Like you say this could become very interesting if indeed Souttar has another serious injury although if he had done his Achilles again surely Hearts would have said as much.

As much as I don't like that he's signed a pre-contract with that filth, I've nothing personally against Souttar who has always done his best for us and seems a top lad.  Would be a real shame for him if it played out like that.  You could be very savage and say it's funny but frankly with their budget to simply buy a CH etc, it wouldn't affect Rangers, only Soapy really.

Best case, it's his ankle, not connected to previous, but Rangers shit it and shit on him, so he re-signs for us, and totally rams it up them next season.  Not awfy likely any of that though!

Naisys Tackle
37 minutes ago, Boyces beard said:

Richard Brittian I think and Ross County gave ££ to St Johnstone to keep him.

I've never heard of a player signing a PCA then a club revoking it when it comes to signing time.  I don't think that's ever happened regardless of players getting injured all the time. 

SectionDJambo

I read yesterday that Aberdeen have withdrawn a contract offer to Consadine. He's been long term injured and not recovering soon. I don't know if they are going to continue to support his recovery or give him another job within the club.

Carl Fredrickson
4 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

I read yesterday that Aberdeen have withdrawn a contract offer to Consadine. He's been long term injured and not recovering soon. I don't know if they are going to continue to support his recovery or give him another job within the club.

He was offered a 12 month contract that was worth over £100k and would allow him an avenue into coaching. He rejected it as he wanted a longer deal. I think he is about 35 and been injured most of the season. If I were him I would have taken the deal unless someone has offered me better (Killie?) 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
On 30/03/2022 at 14:22, john thomas said:

This is why the 'better than Haring' debate is completely pointless .

Haring , in general , is backup to Beni , Devlin . 

Question should be can we get a better back up ?

Unlikely , imo

Question should be can we get better than Beni or Devlin

Unknown user
1 hour ago, Boyces beard said:

I read a summary from an agent about this.

Basically, of the PCA is vague, just agreeing that the player agrees to sign, then it's something that can be backed out of.

If the PCA contains specifics like wages, length of deal etc, then it's a different story.

SectionDJambo
9 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

He was offered a 12 month contract that was worth over £100k and would allow him an avenue into coaching. He rejected it as he wanted a longer deal. I think he is about 35 and been injured most of the season. If I were him I would have taken the deal unless someone has offered me better (Killie?) 

Seems a strange decision by him not to accept unless he’s got something else lined up. 

Carl Fredrickson
5 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Seems a strange decision by him not to accept unless he’s got something else lined up. 

I agree. Unless his agent has turned his head without anything better lined up.

2 hours ago, Graingerdanger said:

If he is not going to be fit to play for Hearts again I have absolutely no interest if he ever plays again. Sorry.

Unknown user
2 hours ago, Graingerdanger said:

That's a shame for him, hope it's not career threatening

On 01/04/2022 at 18:44, Kev1998 said:

As much as I love benny as a player.the wide open spaces of hampdenwould have lessened his effectiveness.very good on the ball and can contour up almost anything on a tighter pitch.the players that will win it for us in my opinion are the likes of  McKay.simms and finally guys who will relish the space.

Sorry I think your comments on Beni are nonsense. He is a quality player on any size of pitch.

On 01/04/2022 at 12:36, DH1986 said:

Savage and Co have their work cut out already this summer…..

Replace Souttar and Beni…..plus Haring and find a couple of forwards.

Busy summer ahead…..

Haring not signing?

Boyces beard
56 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I read a summary from an agent about this.

Basically, of the PCA is vague, just agreeing that the player agrees to sign, then it's something that can be backed out of.

If the PCA contains specifics like wages, length of deal etc, then it's a different story.

Cheers bud, that makes sense, hopefully everything was agreed and his contract is set in stone.

Rick Sanchez

I hope his contract is set in stone. The Rangers can pay him thousands not to play for the next 4/5 years. His ankles/achilles ain't improving with age.

I'm not fussed he's off anymore and whilst slightly bitter about the way he done it, it's not said in sour grapes. We can spend his wages on a regularly fit player of hopefully as close a standard as possible.

Unknown user
4 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I hope his contract is set in stone. The Rangers can pay him thousands not to play for the next 4/5 years. His ankles/achilles ain't improving with age.

I'm not fussed he's off anymore and whilst slightly bitter about the way he done it, it's not said in sour grapes. We can spend his wages on a regularly fit player of hopefully as close a standard as possible.

Yeah it's a shame he's fizzled out with us, he's been a big player. I wish him well and good health, but he can get himself TF the second he actually signs for them of course

Watt-Zeefuik
2 hours ago, Smithee said:

That's a shame for him, hope it's not career threatening

There was an article in the Scotsman yesterday about the Rangers needing replacement if Goldson goes in the summer, with no mention of Souttar.

Makes me think Rangers know he's not going to be available for a while.

part_time_jambo
5 hours ago, Graingerdanger said:

Did he contact you to give you that news. Bit unprofessional, doctor/patient confidentiality and all that.

On 01/04/2022 at 18:44, Kev1998 said:

Whilst I agree that the likes of McKay and Simms will enjoy the space , I couldn’t disagree more about Benni.  He would be fantastic at Hampden

28 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Whilst I agree that the likes of McKay and Simms will enjoy the space , I couldn’t disagree more about Benni.  He would be fantastic at Hampden

Hopefully next year? As for the 'space', it's the same as Fester Road (105 x 68), so no worries. Remember, we have an unbeaten record v Hibs at Hampden and a better record than them at Fester. "Bring it OAN", say I.

❤️❤️G❤️

1 hour ago, Wee Mikey said:

Hopefully next year? As for the 'space', it's the same as Fester Road (105 x 68), so no worries. Remember, we have an unbeaten record v Hibs at Hampden and a better record than them at Fester. "Bring it OAN", say I.

❤️❤️G❤️

Totally

17 hours ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

I agree. Unless his agent has turned his head without anything better lined up.

Rangers?

22 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Could be interesting

I don’t think they’ll have signed him as a major earner tbh so I doubt they’ll backtrack. I think the reputations damage Rangers would suffer if they did would probably make it not worth it. As future precontracts from them would mean their word wouldn’t be worth much. 

2 minutes ago, OTT said:

I don’t think they’ll have signed him as a major earner tbh so I doubt they’ll backtrack. I think the reputations damage Rangers would suffer if they did would probably make it not worth it. As future precontracts from them would mean their word wouldn’t be worth much. 

That would be my thoughts too.  We'd be able to point to the situation with future players and say "be careful what you wish for".  However, how much do Rangers care about reputation?  They might just be arrogant enough to do something like that.  Anyone is, it's them.

Don't see it, like, but wouldn't be agog if it played out.