The words of a Mad Man?

lambojambo

lambojambo
I'm confused, how can the SFA or the SFA staff be biased or corrupt in favour of the Old Firm. Ask Andy Davis

My understanding of " the Old Firm" is it doesn't exist, Celtic and Rangers hate each other, Indeed they do however they will form a united front when it comes down to decisions to maintain their domination of Scottish Football

therefore how a body or individual can take action to benefit both is impossible. Don't get the logic of that!

Stop watching football through maroon tinted glasses, realise that everyone makes mistakes and that means that a team will gain from this, but it is mistakes nothing else. Experience of watching Scottish Football for over 40 years tells me that there has been an amazing amount of "mistakes" that benefit the OF

Seems to be a few OF apologists on here today :rolleyes:

Hope that was not aimed at me Simon. I don't trust or like VR, I don't trust or like the OF. Of course there is bias and the OF have unfair influence. Fact is it happens everywhere.

VR is correct in some of his comments, woop woop. He is also hypocritical in other instances and offers nothing new to the debate or even an insight into what exactly his grand plan is to overcome the evil OF/SFA/Media. It's just cheap talk IMO, trying to once again divert from his own failings and direct our attentions back on to those who are really responsible in his mind for Hearts failings. It's typical of the man and reflects exactly the sort of siege mentality thinking/propaganda that was prevalent in the Soviet Union of his youth.

Moan about the SFA as much as you want but those who claim it is the most bent/ridiculous/bias assosiation in the word need to open their eyes IMO. Every FA, without exception, is in some way incompetent/bias/corrupt and will be influenced by the teams with the most money/power - and that goes all the way to the biggest FA, UEFA. I don't have any love for the SFA but it is by no stretch of the imagination one of the worst around. Take off the maroon tinted specs once and a while and get back to the real world.

Guest JamboRobbo
I have my own reasons for feeling that way and I don't know if Vlad shares the same concerns but basically I don't like the way they make their money to get these players. They're built on sectarianism and their religious connotations are what give them the global appeal which makes them cash rich. Furthermore, I don't like the fact that they use this money to pay the best players to come from other SPL teams to sit on their bench or play in the reserves.

Maybe Vlad agrees, I don't know.

Would disagree with that. But Vlad was talking about the football mafia, and how it's unfair that the OF have more money.

Ryan Gosling

Other teams in Lithuania have rich owners too.

Vilnius had something like 10 Brazilians in their team last season.

ToadKiller Dog

Those who run the old firm work together and do not hate each other ,they use the energy created from the quiet encouragement of the hatred between there both sets of fans and there warped ideologies as a great stream of revenue and as a tool to strengthen there dominance in Scotland.

As for lithuanian football if there was no investment from UKIOS and then Lithuanian football would be at am amateur level as there is no real fan base there or infrastructure to keep it afloat ,its not exactly fair to hold it up to examination with the power games in scotland.

lambojambo
All I will say on this is why did the SPL change their rules on league voting decisions?

They are known as the OF cos they are happy to vote on matters that benefit them both and so that they keep hold of the power they have. Would love to see how the SFA would react if the pair of them were to swan off down south.

After the disgusting behaviour in Manchester, the OF going to England debate is well and truly over!

Would disagree with that. But Vlad was talking about the football mafia, and how it's unfair that the OF have more money.

Yes, and I get what he means. There IS a football mafia in Scotland although admittedly, there might be better ways to describe them and what they do. The money thing is spot on, it is unfair that they have more money, given the way that they make it in the first place.

lambojambo
To me, it is the responses like the ones we have had that prove Vlad correct.

Too many people idolise and repsect the Old Firm, when they have cheated their way to success for many many years. It is unfortunate people's hatred towards Vlad blinds them to this and it amazes me that Craig Levein, as Dundee Utd manager got a lot of support when he said it, yet when Vlad says the same he gets slated.

Hate Vlad all you want, you may feel you have good reason too - but please do not let if affect your thinking, people.

Well said Simon!

Drylaw Hearts
I don't know if you can really compare the monstrous creation that is the OF with league domination of a minority sport in Lithuania though. Not in any real terms. The OF story is much more deep rooted in society and assisted by lovely things like sectarianism and the most ridiculous Football Association in the world (possibly). It would take more than just one bloke with money to do anything about them...we know that...Whether or not any of the rest of us ever manage to compete with them in league terms, we definitely can't match their global 'appeal' without any obvious religious connections on our side, and we can't eradicate the spread of their influence either.

I think it's all relative.

VR is more than happy to have lots of fingers in lots of pies in Lithuanian Football.

What Romanov has achieved for Lithuanian football is perhaps admirable but it's not as if he's not gaining from it.

He is more than happy that Kaunas are Champions every Season.

Although the OF issue is more deep rooted it is only because they've been around longer.

I would have to say that I think VR has a bigger 'back handed' influence in Lithuanian Football than either of the OF have in Scotland.

eg.

Malofeev and Angel were at Silute. We need someone to Coach the First Team and VR orders Angel back to Hearts.

Did Silute even have a say ? I would hazard a guess at no.

And if Angel doesn't stay on at Hearts he will no doubt head right back to Silute.

Can you imagine if the OF were capable of pulling such strings ?

I've said it before.....

The only way to beat these feckers is by putting a good team on the park.

Burley did that and VR took it away.

He only has himself to blame for not being able to compete.

lambojambo
Hope that was not aimed at me Simon. I don't trust or like VR, I don't trust or like the OF. Of course there is bias and the OF have unfair influence. Fact is it happens everywhere.

VR is correct in some of his comments, woop woop. He is also hypocritical in other instances and offers nothing new to the debate or even an insight into what exactly his grand plan is to overcome the evil OF/SFA/Media. It's just cheap talk IMO, trying to once again divert from his own failings and direct our attentions back on to those who are really responsible in his mind for Hearts failings. It's typical of the man and reflects exactly the sort of siege mentality thinking/propaganda that was prevalent in the Soviet Union of his youth.

Moan about the SFA as much as you want but those who claim it is the most bent/ridiculous/bias assosiation in the word need to open their eyes IMO. Every FA, without exception, is in some way incompetent/bias/corrupt and will be influenced by the teams with the most money/power - and that goes all the way to the biggest FA, UEFA. I don't have any love for the SFA but it is by no stretch of the imagination one of the worst around. Take off the maroon tinted specs once and a while and get back to the real world.

Oh I do live in the real world Max.

I live in the world of watching my team battling to a well earned draw only to be denied by an Ibrox ST holder making one of the WORST decisions ever witnessed in football!

I live in the world where Michael Stewart gets a red card for a push to the chest of a Gretna player when Rangers Captain gabs a player by the throat and doesn't even get a talking to!

I live in the world where a Referee chalks off a perfectly valid DU goal, denies a totally stonewall penalty, does not send of a Rangers player ALL because the game was vital to the Huns title aspirations!

There are many more!

tolcross lad
I'm confused, how can the SFA or the SFA staff be biased or corrupt in favour of the Old Firm. My understanding of " the Old Firm" is it doesn't exist, Celtic and Rangers hate each other, therefore how a body or individual can take action to benefit both is impossible. Stop watching football through maroon tinted glasses, realise that everyone makes mistakes and that means that a team will gain from this, but it is mistakes nothing else.

I think that if you do some research you will find that the term "Old Firm" started being used in the early part of the 20th century when the clubs started to dominate Scottish Football.It was not about hating each other but about huge mutual financial and business benefits brought about by their rivalry.

That is how they have managed to dominate Scottish Football all this time.They are the powerhouses of Scottish Football.It would seem incredible that there was not institutional bias involved.I would not go as far as corruption but officials are under real pressure when dealing with the OF.Who is going to get the benefit of the doubt in any given situation?

bighalders
Seems to be a few OF apologists on here today :rolleyes:

You have made statements about biaas and corruption but provided no proof - give an example where a decision made by a referee in favour of celtic or rangers has since been found to be corrupt

lambojambo

VR is more than happy to have lots of fingers in lots of pies in Lithuanian Football.

What Romanov has achieved for Lithuanian football is perhaps admirable but it's not as if he's not gaining from it.

Although the OF issue is more deep rooted it is only because they've been around longer.

I would have to say that I think VR has a bigger 'back handed' influence in Lithuanian Football than either of the OF have in Scotland.

eg.

Malofeev and Angel were at Silute. We need someone to Coach the First Team and VR orders Angel back to Hearts.

And if Angel doesn't stay on at Hearts he will no doubt head right back to Silute.

I've said it before.....

He only has himself to blame for not being able to compete.[/QUOTE]

And do you think for one minute that we would have been allowed to compete if Burley had stayed?

Do you think for one minute that the Weegie OF media machine, ex OF pundits and SFA officials would have allowed Hearts to break the OF domination in Scotland?

The knifes were out for VR the minute he said he had come to Scotland to challenge the Ugly Sisters, long before he gave Burley the bullet.

Spain - Barca, Real

Portugal - Porto, Sporting, Benfica

England - Liverpool, Manure, Chelsea, Arsenal

Italy - Inter, Milan, Juventus

Germany - Bayern Munich

France - Lyon

Greece - Olympiakos, Panathinaikos

Holland - PSV, Ajax

Same picture in most places it seems to me. Money talks. What is the solution then, and what baring does all this have on Hearts complete mismanagement for the last 2 seasons (at least) and 8th place finish last season? Nice to see we are not being sidetracked again.

eg.

I've said it before.....

Indeed. But I don't think he gets irritated by the OF because he can't compete with them. He absolutely could, if he wanted to...as we've seen happen before. So could anyone with a few bob to throw around and a decent club at their disposal. I think he just doesn't like their sphere of influence in the Scottish game, that's all.

As for the OF pulling such strings...if they had their own pyramid, I'd imagine we'd see even worse to be honest! Meanwhile we're stuck with dodgy (and costly) antics such as the Rangers/JJB/Wigan/Webster saga instead...at least the Lithuanian stuff seems to be fairly straightforward in that it is what it is.

lambojambo
You have made statements about biaas and corruption but provided no proof - give an example where a decision made by a referee in favour of celtic or rangers has since been found to be corrupt

**** me! Is this an Old Firm PR campaign or what!

How can I give an example of a referees decision that was proven to be corrupt when the SFA will never have an investigation into possible corruption!

Question for you - did the fact that Andy Davis was a Ibrox ST holder and Rangers had a critical requirement to get 3 points effect his decision to award a last minute penalty?

May be you think it was a penalty.

May be you think it was not a penalty but Davis just made a mistake.

Me? I think he cheated and that's corruption in my book!

lambojambo
Spain - Barca, Real

Portugal - Porto, Sporting, Benfica

England - Liverpool, Manure, Chelsea, Arsenal

Italy - Inter, Milan, Juventus

Germany - Bayern Munich

France - Lyon

Greece - Olympiakos, Panathinaikos

Holland - PSV, Ajax

Same picture in most places it seems to me. Money talks. What is the solution then, and what baring does all this have on Hearts complete mismanagement for the last 2 seasons (at least) and 8th place finish last season? Nice to see we are not being sidetracked again.

Not a case of being side tracked at all.

Unless I am mistaken JBK is for debating numerous issues.

I take it you just one one thread with one theme then?

Drylaw Hearts

eg.

I've said it before.....

And do you think for one minute that we would have been allowed to compete if Burley had stayed?

Do you think for one minute that the Weegie OF media machine' date=' ex OF pundits and SFA officials would have allowed Hearts to break the OF domination in Scotland?

The knifes were out for VR the minute he said he had come to Scotland to challenge the Ugly Sisters, long before he gave Burley the bullet.[/quote']

We managed to finish second in the SPL - why ?

Because we had a better team than Rangers.

Rangers were breathing down our necks and if it was so corrupt I'm sure a penalty here or there could have been arranged or maybe even a goal or 2 of ours chalked off to ensure Rangers made into the CL qualifiers.

We were the darlings of the media under Burley and almost every report I read gave us nothing but praise.

We had never been on TV or Radio as much.

IMO if you're good enough you'll win - no matter what.

Guest JamboRobbo

Rangers were breathing down our necks and if it was so corrupt I'm sure a penalty here or there could have been arranged or maybe even a goal or 2 of ours chalked off to ensure Rangers made into the CL qualifiers.

Indeed it was a penalty in our favour against Aberdeen (a stonewaller, but we've all seen stonewallers not given before before) which gave us the 3 points that secured 2nd place for us.

Drylaw Hearts
Indeed it was a penalty in our favour against Aberdeen (a stonewaller, but we've all seen stonewallers not given before before) which gave us the 3 points that secured 2nd place for us.

Yes it was.

Infact I'm sure Hartley scored 10 pens that Season.

lambojambo

Strange that the Referee did not send off the Aberdeen player for deliberate hand ball preventing a goal scoring opportunity though! :rolleyes:

One penalty decision in one game. That doesn't change anything about the zillions of other incidents...

colinmaroon

Isn't it amazing how those who think Vlad is stupid (begs the question if you're so much brighter, how come you haven't bought Hearts and got us out of this mess???) -

are now apologists for the OF!

If Vlad had made a statement along the lines of how he loved the OF and thought Scottish Football was all fair and square, you'd be burning the airwaves with accusations of stupidity, saying that Scottish Football does 'favour' the Ugly Sisters!!!

Which, by the way, it does!

And the fact it happens in other countries makes not one bit of difference!!!

If someone broke into your house and stole everything, I'm sure you would be consoled with these words from PC Plod,

"Oh, it happens to everyone at some time. Get used to it!!!"

Aye, right!!!

Back to OP. Vlad is not mad. He is different culturally. He is learning and may be our only hope (slender) of ever seriously challenging the old firm. As regards most other leagues brought up by those whose only reason for living is to hade Vlad (did they hate all the previous crap boards?) none of them are so historically dominated by two clubs although the financial noose has been tightened in many leagues which is not healthy for them either!

shaun.lawson
Back to OP. Vlad is not mad. He is different culturally. He is learning and may be our only hope (slender) of ever seriously challenging the old firm. As regards most other leagues brought up by those whose only reason for living is to hade Vlad (did they hate all the previous crap boards?) none of them are so historically dominated by two clubs although the financial noose has been tightened in many leagues which is not healthy for them either!

Google "Uruguayan league" - or alternatively, "Primera Liga".

Is uruguay relevant? May as well talk about the fijian league. There are lots and lots of leagues in our own Continent. Anyway you either get the point or you don't.

shaun.lawson
Isn't it amazing how those who think Vlad is stupid (begs the question if you're so much brighter, how come you haven't bought Hearts and got us out of this mess???) -

are now apologists for the OF!

If Vlad had made a statement along the lines of how he loved the OF and thought Scottish Football was all fair and square, you'd be burning the airwaves with accusations of stupidity, saying that Scottish Football does 'favour' the Ugly Sisters!!!

Which, by the way, it does!

And the fact it happens in other countries makes not one bit of difference!!!

If someone broke into your house and stole everything, I'm sure you would be consoled with these words from PC Plod,

"Oh, it happens to everyone at some time. Get used to it!!!"

Aye, right!!!

You know Colin, it's quite remarkable. Quite rightly, you're always the first on here to castigate other posters for hysterical, personal attacks on Romanov - yet are clearly just as happy to exaggerate things yourself. "Apologists for the OF"? Show me someone, anyone on here who that applies to.

Does the OF unhealthily dominate Scottish football? Absolutely. Is there nothing any of us would like more than to finally bring them down? Apart from Jessica Alba, Natalie Imbruglia and Rachel Stevens inviting one of us for a cosy soiree at a venue of our choosing, the answer, surely, would be yes. But if you talk the talk, you have to walk the walk too: it's not about words, but about deeds.

So find the best quality youth coaches money can buy, and bring them in. Appoint a quality manager, trust in his judgement, and use the network to help the manager find quality players who will enhance the team. Make the huge financial advantage we have over everyone else outwith the OF count. But look what we get instead: an abrupt parting of the ways with the one manager who did have us in real contention, a succession of nomarks, acolytes and toadies since, and again and again, diversionary tactics employed to make us, the fans, blame everyone else but the man responsible.

I think Vladimir Romanov has been used to throwing his weight and especially his money around for most of his adult life. In Lithuanian football (about which, note the examples given by JamboRobbo in post #41, or Drylaw Hearts in post #59), this has worked, and still does. There, he's the one big bully in a small backyard. But in Scotland, he's found there are two bullies much larger than him in a considerably bigger backyard - and he can't deal with it. We know what we're up against here: and the way to prosper in spite of it is to box clever. Be smart, be different, think outside the box: but sadly, in Vlad's case, we just get precisely the same lazy resorting to the lowest common denominator that you always attack others on here for.

Oh, and by the way: it's nothing to do with any "OF apologia" to point out that almost every league in world football has at least many of the problems we have here (including, quite obviously, the A Lyga); and that, while the SFA are filthy, stinking and corrupt, the majority of all other associations around the world are worse. Far worse: most notably, the game's global governing body. It's called context, Colin: and while it certainly doesn't make what goes on in Scotland right, it's just a reminder of how lazy many of Vlad's cliches and stereotypes are.

shaun.lawson
Is uruguay relevant? May as well talk about the fijian league. There are lots and lots of leagues in our own Continent. Anyway you either get the point or you don't.

If you're going to make the bald statement that none of the other leagues mentioned on this thread are so historically dominated by two clubs, it's generally advisable to ensure such a statement is accurate - which it is not. And as for "might as well talk about the Fijian league": how many times have Uruguay won the World Cup, deejtee? How many have Scotland? How many times have Penarol or Nacional won either their continental Champions' Cup, or the World Club Cup - and how many have Celtic or Rangers done so?

Guest JamboRobbo
Strange that the Referee did not send off the Aberdeen player for deliberate hand ball preventing a goal scoring opportunity though! :rolleyes:

I agree, as did he. Point is, with all this great big conspiracy you talk of, why give Hearts a pen with 10 minutes to go which secures 2nd for us and condemns rangers to 3rd?

Guest JamboRobbo
One penalty decision in one game. That doesn't change anything about the zillions of other incidents...

I never said it did. The point was, if there is all this conspiracy going on against Vlad, why did they give us that penalty?

Seymour M Hersh

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

GordHUN Smith couldn't have put it better himself. Classic!

I never said it did. The point was, if there is all this conspiracy going on against Vlad, why did they give us that penalty?

It's not a conspiracy against Vlad, JR.

It's a conspiracy against all of us non-OF types. If it's a conspiracy at all, that is... :unsure:

Archived