The words of a Mad Man?

lambojambo

lambojambo

(from the BBC) He said that the Old Firms domination of the game in Scotland is not healthy.

"It can lead to decline in Scottish football, those teams have a huge budget and it is very difficult for other teams to compete aginst them".

"It is basically unfair competition"

"We had a period when we had red cards and penalties against us but nobody supported us. But when Craig Levein brought up the issue up it was nice to see that someone thought we've got problems"

The words of a Mad Man?

Or the words of a man calling it as it is, and getting pelters from the Scottish Football Mafia?

(from the BBC) He said that the Old Firms domination of the game in Scotland is not healthy.

"It can lead to decline in Scottish football, those teams have a huge budget and it is very difficult for other teams to compete aginst them".

"It is basically unfair competition"

"We had a period when we had red cards and penalties against us but nobody supported us. But when Craig Levein brought up the issue up it was nice to see that someone thought we've got problems"

The words of a Mad Man?

Or the words of a man calling it as it is, and getting pelters from the Scottish Football Mafia?

It is unfair competition to compete against teams with a huge budget relative to others? What happens to this principle when he looks at Kaunas?

Or is he talking about the previous Romanov and Son rants about the Old Firm paying referees?

Hearts have had disciplinary problems and red cards not due to referees cheating but due to the indiscipline which is riven through the club. That starts at the top of the club.

ToadKiller Dog

People are throwing this word Mad around way gay abandon ,with out a real understanding what it means ,If some one does something you disagree with he is mad ,if someone does things in away you dont understand he is mad.

Ian Holloway clearly mad ,his way of giving interviews is to poke fun in a very David Brent style but is there any evidence that he does not take his job seriously ?

Take the characters out of football the game would be souless and dull.

I think every person i have ever met is mad off their trolly a looney..

Of course VR has called things right before, there are huge problems in our game but I think it is a tad hypocritical - he does'nt seem to care about the impact his other project has had on the league in Lithuania does he? It's the same all over the world from Brazil to Bulgaria, certain teams will always have an unfair advantage because of various factors - fan base/location/owner/revenue/history etc etc, that's life. There is no such thing as a level playing field IMO and it's not likely to change. The world is not a meritocracy unfortunately.

Jam Tarts 1874
It is unfair competition to compete against teams with a huge budget relative to others? What happens to this principle when he looks at Kaunas?

Or is he talking about the previous Romanov and Son rants about the Old Firm paying referees?

Hearts have had disciplinary problems and red cards not due to referees cheating but due to the indiscipline which is riven through the club. That starts at the top of the club.

You convince me more each day that you are really :hobofish:

You seem determined to be anti-Hearts at every opportunity. Luckily the vast majority of Hearts fans support the club in a less fickle manner.

Spellczech

The wealth gap IS a huge problem for Scottish football. He is right.

It leaves everyone else fighting for scraps and is self-perpetuating as the OF demand larger slices of every pot of cash including TV.

Scotland is a nation of gloryhunters - why else would more buses leave Lanarkshire for OF games than watch any Lanarkshire team? It suits the OF to have a very average NT because their players get automatic selection and can pick and choose which internationals to play, thus raising their value for the OF clubs, but the lack of NT success means the fans must follow the OF for satisfaction of their thirst for glory.

ToadKiller Dog

Too many folk spend to much time over analyzing Romanovs comments i question there sanity!

Guest JamboRobbo
The wealth gap IS a huge problem for Scottish football. He is right.

It leaves everyone else fighting for scraps and is self-perpetuating as the OF demand larger slices of every pot of cash including TV.

Scotland is a nation of gloryhunters - why else would more buses leave Lanarkshire for OF games than watch any Lanarkshire team? It suits the OF to have a very average NT because their players get automatic selection and can pick and choose which internationals to play, thus raising their value for the OF clubs, but the lack of NT success means the fans must follow the OF for satisfaction of their thirst for glory.

Is it unfair though? Thats where I think his argument falls down. Big clubs, with more money, happens in every league in the world. I don't hear him complaining about Kaunus domination of the Lith League due to them having more money than the other clubs.

Drylaw Hearts
Is it unfair though? Thats where I think his argument falls down. Big clubs, with more money, happens in every league in the world. I don't hear him complaining about Kaunus domination of the Lith League due to them having more money than the other clubs.

As I said on a previous thread :

Double standards.

lambojambo

Your relentless mind numbing hate of Romanov really prevents you from having any sensible debate on any subject with regards to HMFC Coco!

As a HEARTS fan, I do not give a flying **** about when happens with teams like Kaunas, Real Madrid, Man Utd, etc! My interest is Hearts!

The bottom line here is that bias in favour of the Ugly Sisters in Scottish Football STINKS - surely you can agree with that without taking a cheap pop at VR?

Rangers won the SPL a couple of seasons back. They would not have won the SPL if Davis had not CHEATED them in to a win!

The decisions given against DU at Ibrox were an absolute disgrace and made by a Referee conditioned by the crowd, the media and YES the Scottish Mafia to ensure Rangers (and when it's their turn Celtic) ALWAYS get the benefit of the doubt.

As for the "indiscipline" of our players, I do not believe for one minute that they are any more indisciplined than any other teams HOWEVER if they step over the line there is no slack given and the red card is immediate.

Do you think that a Hearts player would get away with grapping one of the oppo by the throat (Bazza style)???

Some of the red and yellow cards were a joke last year - as a Hearts fan I can see that - why can't you?????

lambojambo

Do Kaunas get the benefit of dodgy decisions from Referees? :rolleyes:

You seem determined to be anti-Hearts at every opportunity. Luckily the vast majority of Hearts fans support the club in a less fickle manner.

You have to be one of the most annoying posters on this forum.

You write some amount of guff and if you really are a Hearts supporter, you are the kind for which i have zero time for.

What exactly did Coco state that made you think he was a Hobo???

If anything, reading back through your history of posting would suggest you have a leaning to the Buckie injectors.

Try and stop using the 'Hobo' icon on everyone you disagree with, because if you keep that up then you will be implying that everyone is a Hobo on this board.

:mad:

Guest JamboRobbo

I would expect the Lithuanian football Mafia take care of that.......Vlad even has his a UBIG man as head of Lithuanian FA. But I don't hear him complaining about that.....

I think there are two issues here. Vlad was complaining that it's unfair the OF have more money than the rest. That was the point I was addressing (2nd paragraph of the quotes you gave).

The other issue is the question of bias.

Francis Albert

Vlad correctly identifies what has always been by far the biggest single problem with Scottish football- the dominance of the OF.

While judged on his utterances since he tok the job the Chief Executive of the SFA thinks it is "simulation", especially by foreigners, and especially by Lithuanians.

Only a Game

To be fair he didnt say all that much in the interview, mainly due to a shocking interviewer who was more interested in the Old Firm and China.

My only issues are with the word "unfair" when speaking about the competition the OF offer. He should have said "unbalanced" and he shouldnt have used the word "mafia"

Just about everything else I thought was perfectly reasonable for him to say.

I think it is more the domination argument that Coco was pointing out. Kaunas have huge financial backing and buy up the best players and as a result have won something like 7 of the last 8 league titles in Lithuania, is that not 'unfair competition'? Sounds similar to Lyon in France or the OF here IMO.

It is unhealthy in scotland for a number of reasons but I dont think they can be addressed.

Problems;

Buying up of young talent before they have finnished progressing, ie Gow, Naismith even boyd... this will have a neg effect on the player, the national team and the sides who have lost the players.

Glory hunting fans; Fan base of old firm will only grow through success leaving a lower pool of fans for other sides and most importantly make referee's lifes harder due to pressure of and on the pitch..

Money from success, ie europe and domestic trophies;

less success for sides out with o/f = less money from tv & sponsors etc.

This is only my opinion but I think this may have been what he was getting at.

I think it is more the domination argument that Coco was pointing out. Kaunas have huge financial backing and buy up the best players and as a result have won something like 7 of the last 8 league titles in Lithuania, is that not 'unfair competition'? Sounds similar to Lyon in France or the OF here IMO.

Correct.

colinmaroon

Here we go again!!!

Mad Vlad (He's an a***e) v Mad Vlad (He's a laugh)!!!

Point is, doesn't matter whether every country in the world has the same thing - doesn't matter if it's the same in Lithuania, the truth is - doesn't matter if he's a fruitcake -

He's right!!!

ArmiyaRomanova
People are throwing this word Mad around way gay abandon ,with out a real understanding what it means ,If some one does something you disagree with he is mad ,if someone does things in away you dont understand he is mad.

My understanding too.

To me the 'mad' jibes frequently smack of an uncomfortable blend of petty Scots parochialism and a fear of the new/acceptance of stasis/harkening to a rose-tinted past.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

In this latest interview, Vlad is just resorting to type. In his case, appealing to the lowest common denominator. All tyrants use this whether in their case it is race issues or whatever, Vlad uses old chestnuts like Old Firm, SFA conspiracies etc, because he knows idiots amongst any support will grab on to these and say "See the man is right, THEY are to blame".

This deflects form his own incompetence, but in his case I don't think it is a strategy, it is HOW HE THINKS ANYWAY.

I think once again, we have been shanghaied from starting any meaningful protest by timely announcements that lack real gravitas when you look closely. People are relieved that they dont have to lift their heads above the parapet. "The strike has been called off, just go home" type of thinking.

Then he reveals once again his true self in this interview a day or so after. He is taking the p*ss big style.

As supporters, we will all be to blame if we lose our club to this man. Because we keep hoping he will change. He will not.

ToadKiller Dog

Can anyone show me the comparative budgets between the Top league lithuanian sides which show that Kaunas massivley out spend there rivials(and i dont mean vlads trick of using Kaunas as a front for hearts players) ,can show me that the local press spend the vaste majority of there time talking up Kaunas to the detriment of the other sides ,where young lithuanian players ambitions are to play for Kaunas?.Any evidence that the Lithuanian football association favour Kanus over other teams?

Do the Kaunus directors use the sectarian nature of there nation as a marketing tool?

lambojambo
You have to be one of the most annoying posters on this forum.

You write some amount of guff and if you really are a Hearts supporter, you are the kind for which i have zero time for.

What exactly did Coco state that made you think he was a Hobo???

If anything, reading back through your history of posting would suggest you have a leaning to the Buckie injectors.

Try and stop using the 'Hobo' icon on everyone you disagree with, because if you keep that up then you will be implying that everyone is a Hobo on this board.

:mad:

HOBO! :hobofish:

;)

lambojambo
Can anyone show me the comparative budgets between the Top league lithuanian sides which show that Kaunas massivley out spend there rivials(and i dont mean vlads trick of using Kaunas as a front for hearts players) ,can show me that the local press spend the vaste majority of there time talking up Kaunas to the detriment of the other sides ,where young lithuanian players ambitions are to play for Kaunas?.Any evidence that the Lithuanian football association favour Kanus over other teams?

Do the Kaunus directors use the sectarian nature of there nation as a marketing tool?

Sensible questions mate!

However I'm sure some on here will come up with an anti VR angle! ;)

Guest JamboRobbo

For a start, Kaunus own about half the players in the league, and loan them all out to various smaller clubs.

Secondly, one of his main men at UBIG is head of the Lithuanian FA.

Re budgets, I only read comments from Vlad where he went on about asking his Kaunnus coaches why they had a much bigger budget than the other teams but WEREN'T winning the league.

Finally, like in Scotland, there have been unrpoven allegations from other teams flying around. There was even an attempt to give Kaunus the points in a league deciding match when it went to the wire the other year. Although it didn't happen in the end, and Kaunus played and won the match.

I don't know all the details, but what I do know sounds awfully similar to what the OF are like in Scotland.

IMO, Vlads main problem with it all, is not that he thinks its wrong, but that he's not the top dog in Scotland like he is in Lithuania.

Surely it's unfair to throw Kaunas back in his face given the investment he also puts into national football development in Lithuania? Never mind the fact that we're all constantly moaning about how much he tries to promote Lithuanian players....

But of course, he's nothing but a tyrannical hypocrite. Come on....

lambojambo
For a start, Kaunus own about half the players in the league, and loan them all out to various smaller clubs.

Secondly, one of his main men at UBIG is head of the Lithuanian FA.

Re budgets, I only read comments from Vlad where he went on about asking his Kaunnus coaches why they had a much bigger budget than the other teams but WEREN'T winning the league.

Like in Scotland, there have been unrpoven allegations from other teams flying around. There was even an attempt to give Kaunus the points in a league deciding match when it went to the wire the other year. Although it didn't happen in the end, and Kaunus played and won the match.

I don't know all the details, but what I do know sounds awfully similar to what the OF are like in Scotland.

All very interesting - to fans of one of Kaunas rival teams.

Now what has this got to do with MY team?

John Findlay

The only reason he is referred to as Mad Vlad is that mad is the only word that the red top headline writers could get to rhyme with Vlad.

The man is far from mad.

John

Dr. Bapswent
Surely it's unfair to throw Kaunas back in his face given the investment he also puts into national football development in Lithuania? Never mind the fact that we're all constantly moaning about how much he tries to promote Lithuanian players....

hooray.jpg

Guest JamboRobbo

It is illustrating the hypocracy of the words of the majority shareholder which you quoted as the topic for this thread.

My opinion, they are hypocritical words, rather than the words of a mad man.

It shows our team are owned by a hypocrite who is known to talk pesh and probably should never be trusted?

;)

It would be interesting to hear from one of our Lithuanian posters on this.

I seem to recall Romanov is almost universally despised in his homeland though. Even by Kaunas fans

Anyway, the Old Firm dominate Scottish Football. Kaunas dominate Lithuanian football. Its a fair comparison to make and fair claim to point out the possibility of hypocracy

Also, I remember one Lithuanian poster confirming that Vlad had "influence" at around another 4 Lyga A clubs and regularly loaned out Kaunas players to them, with a condition that they didnt play against Kaunas, and that the set up generally ensured that Kaunas would always win the league

From things I have learned over the last 3 years, I would say there is a good argument that the Lyga A is more (or at least just as) "corrupt" in favour of Kaunas as the SPL is with the Old Firm.

Drylaw Hearts
The only reason he is referred to as Mad Vlad is that mad is the only word that the red top headline writers could get to rhyme with Vlad.

The man is far from mad.

John

He's just stupid.

lambojambo
It is illustrating the hypocracy of the words of the majority shareholder which you quoted as the topic for this thread.

My opinion, they are hypocritical words, rather than the words of a mad man.

I will have to take your word for it - I have never been to Lithuania, never watched a Lithuanian game, never read a Lithuanian paper, never watched a Lithuanian TV programme.

I have however watched Scottish Football for over 40 years and personally witnessed the appalling OF bias which blights not only Hearts but every other team!

Romanov is wrong with regards to his team interference, lack of communication, etc, however on this one he is RIGHT, IMO!

bighalders

Anyone who says anything against Hearts is a Hobo according to you, get a life and an open mind

Drylaw Hearts

IIRC FBK Kaunas has something like 90 players registered to them.

That will probably be more than double any other team in that League.

It would also indicate a bigger budget - wouldn't it ?

Vlad also has influences over 2 other team in that League - Atlanta and Silute IIRC.

VR is obsessed by the OF because he knows he cannot beat them with any regularity by doing things his way.

He tries to put them down at every opportunity but each time he makes himself look a bit silly.

lambojambo

I seem to recall Romanov is almost universally despised in his homeland though. Even by Kaunas fans

Anyway, the Old Firm dominate Scottish Football. Kaunas dominate Lithuanian football. Its a fair comparison to make and fair claim to point out the possibility of hypocracy

Also, I remember one Lithuanian poster confirming that Vlad had "influence" at around another 4 Lyga A clubs and regularly loaned out Kaunas players to them, with a condition that they didnt play against Kaunas, and that the set up generally ensured that Kaunas would always win the league

From things I have learned over the last 3 years, I would say there is a good argument that the Lyga A is more (or at least just as) "corrupt" in favour of Kaunas as the SPL is with the Old Firm.

Your opinion on Kaunas "corruption" is solely based on third hand information on a football scene that we all know little about.

My opinion on Old Fim "corruption" is based on watching Scottish Football first hand for 40 years!!

The world of Lithuanian football is a small one. According to another Lithuanian poster, he's largely unknown but has been raising his profile lately with things like the dancing competition. Who knows where the truth lies there? Probably somewhere in the middle...

So, on one hand....he's a terrible hypocrite because Kaunas dominate the league but on the other, he's perfectly happy to loan out players to their competitors? Seems rather charitable to me. It's perfectly standard policy to refuse loan players permission to play competitive matches against their own club so I don't know why that has been brought up at all. This set-up doesn't 'win' Kaunas the league, having more money and the best players does that...there's nothing underhand or complex about it by the sound of things.

And what are these things that you've learned which point towards corruption in Lyga A? That's potentially much more interesting than any of this stuff... :)

bighalders
Your opinion on Kaunas "corruption" is solely based on third hand information on a football scene that we all know little about.

My opinion on Old Fim "corruption" is based on watching Scottish Football first hand for 40 years!!

I'm confused, how can the SFA or the SFA staff be biased or corrupt in favour of the Old Firm. My understanding of " the Old Firm" is it doesn't exist, Celtic and Rangers hate each other, therefore how a body or individual can take action to benefit both is impossible. Stop watching football through maroon tinted glasses, realise that everyone makes mistakes and that means that a team will gain from this, but it is mistakes nothing else.

Guest JamboRobbo

And what are these things that you've learned which point towards corruption in Lyga A? That's potentially much more interesting than any of this stuff... :)

Do you think anyone in Scotland might ask a question or two if Gordon Smith was a director of Murray International Metals?

Why is it unfair for Rangers and Celtic to have more money and better players than the rest in Scotland, but it's not unfair for Kaunus to do so in Lithuania?

lambojambo
IIRC FBK Kaunas has something like 90 players registered to them.

That will probably be more than double any other team in that League.

It would also indicate a bigger budget - wouldn't it ?

Vlad also has influences over 2 other team in that League - Atlanta and Silute IIRC.

VR is obsessed by the OF because he knows he cannot beat them with any regularity by doing things his way.

He tries to put them down at every opportunity but each time he makes himself look a bit silly.

The poor Old Firm getting put down like that! :rolleyes:

I must remind myself that they are the upstanding pillars of Scottish Football and not the bigotted blot on our country that bleed every other team dry!

Silly me!

I don't know if you can really compare the monstrous creation that is the OF with league domination of a minority sport in Lithuania though. Not in any real terms. The OF story is much more deep rooted in society and assisted by lovely things like sectarianism and the most ridiculous Football Association in the world (possibly). It would take more than just one bloke with money to do anything about them...we know that...Whether or not any of the rest of us ever manage to compete with them in league terms, we definitely can't match their global 'appeal' without any obvious religious connections on our side, and we can't eradicate the spread of their influence either.

It's not really just Vlad either, we're all a bit obsessed with the OF...just in different ways but mostly all for the same core reason...no? :)

bighalders
Do you think anyone in Scotland might ask a question or two if Gordon Smith was a director of Murray International Metals?

Why is it unfair for Rangers and Celtic to have more money and better players than the rest in Scotland, but it's not unfair for Kaunus to do so in Lithuania?

Correct, Kaunas dominance is not a problem for Vlad as he benefits, Rangers and Celtic dominance is a problem because he suffers. However he can't have it both ways. Another PR disaster (100,000 and counting) from Vlad.

jambo mark

personally i couldnt give a monkeys uncle about lithuanian football, all he said was:

the old firms domination is to the detriment of scottish football . . . and he is correct!!

I'm confused, how can the SFA or the SFA staff be biased or corrupt in favour of the Old Firm. My understanding of " the Old Firm" is it doesn't exist, Celtic and Rangers hate each other, therefore how a body or individual can take action to benefit both is impossible. Stop watching football through maroon tinted glasses, realise that everyone makes mistakes and that means that a team will gain from this, but it is mistakes nothing else.

They don't hate each other in the slightest. They survive and dominate because of each other.

To me, it is the responses like the ones we have had that prove Vlad correct.

Too many people idolise and repsect the Old Firm, when they have cheated their way to success for many many years. It is unfortunate people's hatred towards Vlad blinds them to this and it amazes me that Craig Levein, as Dundee Utd manager got a lot of support when he said it, yet when Vlad says the same he gets slated.

Hate Vlad all you want, you may feel you have good reason too - but please do not let if affect your thinking, people.

I quite agree that my thoughts on this topic can be criticised. I did preface it with it would be interesting to hear from one of our Lithuanian friends

FACT Old firm dominate Scottish Football. FACT Kaunas dominate Lithuanian football

Romanov criticises domination by Old Firm

It isnt a quantum leap to suggest hypocracy on Vlad's part

I dont quite know why this suggestion is being quite so vehemently opposed.

There is a chance Vlad is being hypocritical. Ooooh. Controversial.

All I will say on this is why did the SPL change their rules on league voting decisions?

They are known as the OF cos they are happy to vote on matters that benefit them both and so that they keep hold of the power they have. Would love to see how the SFA would react if the pair of them were to swan off down south.

I have my own reasons for feeling that way and I don't know if Vlad shares the same concerns but basically I don't like the way they make their money to get these players. They're built on sectarianism and their religious connotations are what give them the global appeal which makes them cash rich. Furthermore, I don't like the fact that they use this money to pay the best players to come from other SPL teams to sit on their bench or play in the reserves.

Maybe Vlad agrees, I don't know.

Archived