***Official Celtic v Hearts LC Match Thread***

colinmaroon

9 minutes ago, Lido said:

Sad but true.

They were similar v Dundee but I bet they had a bit of revenge on their mind as well today.

It's easy for us to say what should be done but it's not easy to get out from under the cosh against a team so inspired as they were first half.

I think some credit has to go to the management and players for the second half but ultimately the damage was done by then.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Harry Potter

• daavojaay

• Cruyff

9 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

Usual feeble excuses. Presumably you weren’t around when Vlad was in charge. 

Did we get positive results in Glasgow then ? 

Probably have to go back to MacDonald/Jardine era. 

Jambo_jim2001
Just now, luckydug said:

Did we get positive results in Glasgow then ? 

Probably have to go back to MacDonald/Jardine era. 

Now thats when we played cracking football,,man that WAS a joy to watch back then

1 hour ago, luckydug said:

Well if you have spare 15 million quid we should be able to match them. 

Celtic and The Rangers are involved in a different level to us. 

We have a chance of the odd result at home but it would take huge investment to match them consistently. 

True but I don’t see the point of sitting back 

the ream selection said it to me 

5 minutes ago, Jambo_jim2001 said:

Now thats when we played cracking football,,man that WAS a joy to watch back then

The Uglies had more money even then but nothing like the difference between the Bahoochie Cheeks and everyone else today.

20 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

In the league during the Romanov era we managed one win and three draws at Parkhead. Hardly dominant, but to be fair as another poster has alluded to, you would have to go back over thirty years to find any semblance of dominance over Celtic.

22 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

And that was because Vlad spent a load of dosh!

FACT!

Geoff Kilpatrick

Turned the game off when they scored the first as I wasn't going to stay up till 2am on a Monday without some cause. The only surprise this morning was the final score. In that first 30 minutes we offered and did sweet FA. Not that that was any surprise. Classic Hearts in Glasgow.

1 hour ago, Gambo said:

Was that the same salaries 2 weeks ago?

Two wekss ago Celtic were the away team in a poor run of form, with new signings that hadnt had a chance to bed in. 

One of the things Ange The Postman said that I found quite interesting was the players he had weren’t fit enough to play the way he wanted to play. It’s the same things that Stendal, Caxchina and even going back as far as Paul le Guen have said.

I’m not going to turn this into a DS v RN debate, but it’s clear that by starting to bring in players he knows have energy (Furuhashi being the prime example) and the use of some younger players he getting them to start to play his way, high energy, high press (gegenpressen anyone)

We were blown away and a good part of the reason for that was we looked a yard slower than them early on. They looked fitter and hungrier and gave us no time on the ball. Our midfield appeared static because as well as the skill gap with some, they were fitter than us and Boyce is not designed to hold the ball up or chase a lost cause. No matter how we set up, their superior fitness and work rate was going to do us.

We were lucky that thanks to some poor finishing and CG having a stormer that the defeat was not as heavy as it should have been.

35 shots at your goal tells you that something is wrong

Jambo_jim2001
3 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

The Uglies had more money even then but nothing like the difference between the Bahoochie Cheeks and everyone else today.

Remember we used to cheer every time they past the ball to each other,,the harlem globetrotters of fitbaw back then,,great memories,,thanks for that trip down memory lane

6 minutes ago, Nobreath said:

Two wekss ago Celtic were the away team in a poor run of form, with new signings that hadnt had a chance to bed in. 

I thought it was all down to Neilson

6 hours ago, wavydavy said:

I take it you mean a Hearts player?

Late reply.    Yes, a hearts player.   

I was shocked and stunned he booked Eduard for a dive.   They finally book him years later.   I think the lino on the dugout side was more the plonker though.   Ref' wasn't that bad.  I can't complain. 

9 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Late reply.    Yes, a hearts player.   

I was shocked and stunned he booked Eduard for a dive.   They finally book him years later.   I think the lino on the dugout side was more the plonker though.   Ref' wasn't that bad.  I can't complain. 

Halkett’s booking seemed to be for nothing. 

Pasquale for King
28 minutes ago, jambo_74 said:

In the league during the Romanov era we managed one win and three draws at Parkhead. Hardly dominant, but to be fair as another poster has alluded to, you would have to go back over thirty years to find any semblance of dominance over Celtic.

Two league cup victories too I believe 🤔

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Compared to a tackle from behind by Starfelt and the penalty challenge where he avoided a booking somehow. 

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Two league cup victories too I believe 🤔

Correct and we still never managed to win the bloody thing :vangry:

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, jambo_74 said:

Correct and we still never managed to win the bloody thing :vangry:

I’ve just about given up on seeing it happen to be honest. 

No real shock with the result, apart from we got two goals ! Our squad is still not good enough , way to light at the back and in midfield 

7 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Was that the fuggi(Japan lad) dive.   If it was the lino flagged it I think. 

wattie exploited

for a team of quality players that we have to again go 45 minutes with out a shot on or attempt at goal is absolutely   NOT GOOD ENOUGH !!!!!!!!!    

there is a way to get beat which the fans will accept and that is if we actually tried attacking football instead of sitting in then fair enough !

but what we watched today is piss poor really !

what a difference when we actually tried attacking ,we have good players so they should be told to attack and not hold back it seems this is the hearts way the last 5 years and its really not good enough our team should have more confidence after all we are the 3 rd biggest team its about time the management team actually believed it  and started playing like the team we all want to see going forward :rifle:

39 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

True but I don’t see the point of sitting back 

the ream selection said it to me 

3 minutes ago, Smoked-Glass said:

Attack them.  

I'd rather die trying. 

ruiz v joshua

1 hour ago, davie1980 said:

Perhaps a team playing at a very high intensity from the first whistle getting a little tired.

For the folk saying it was all due to Robbies negative tactics, they seem to be conveniently forgetting there were two teams on the park today.

And one of those teams is significantly better than ours.  

Yet we beat it two weeks ago.

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

I’ve just about given up on seeing it happen to be honest. 

Nah, i live in hope. My old man saw the league, the league cup and the scottish cup arrive at tynecastle as a young man. I've been fortunate enough to see us win it three times, unfortunate enough to see us lose it five times mind you... I have to believe things will twist back to us at some point across the board. It looks unlikely due to the huge disparity in wages between ourselves and the gruesome twosome, but, they had ultimate dominance for a similar period from after the first world war through to the late forties and early fifties. After a brief but beautiful mid fifties and to mid sixties for us and a few others, it swung towards them again until the eighties when Aberdeen and Dundee Utd managed to break the duopoly. We have been within touching distance in that time, we've got close enough to taste it. It will come around again, I just have to believe that, otherwise what would be the point. 

39 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

One of the things Ange The Postman said that I found quite interesting was the players he had weren’t fit enough to play the way he wanted to play. It’s the same things that Stendal, Caxchina and even going back as far as Paul le Guen have said.

I’m not going to turn this into a DS v RN debate, but it’s clear that by starting to bring in players he knows have energy (Furuhashi being the prime example) and the use of some younger players he getting them to start to play his way, high energy, high press (gegenpressen anyone)

We were blown away and a good part of the reason for that was we looked a yard slower than them early on. They looked fitter and hungrier and gave us no time on the ball. Our midfield appeared static because as well as the skill gap with some, they were fitter than us and Boyce is not designed to hold the ball up or chase a lost cause. No matter how we set up, their superior fitness and work rate was going to do us.

We were lucky that thanks to some poor finishing and CG having a stormer that the defeat was not as heavy as it should have been.

35 shots at your goal tells you that something is wrong

Yip.  DS promoted a high workrate, tried to breed in a different mindset to how players saw their role on the pitch.  Always felt he changed Irving for the short time that it was.  He actually had him running with the ball.  

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, jambo_74 said:

Nah, i live in hope. My old man saw the league, the league cup and the scottish cup arrive at tynecastle as a young man. I've been fortunate enough to see us win it three times, unfortunate enough to see us lose it five times mind you... I have to believe things will twist back to us at some point across the board. It looks unlikely due to the huge disparity in wages between ourselves and the gruesome twosome, but, they had ultimate dominance for a similar period from after the first world war through to the late forties and early fifties. After a brief but beautiful mid fifties and to mid sixties for us and a few others, it swung towards them again until the eighties when Aberdeen and Dundee Utd managed to break the duopoly. We have been within touching distance in that time, we've got close enough to taste it. It will come around again, I just have to believe that, otherwise what would be the point. 

I’m not sure if i have enough time to wait for it to come around again but we can only hope. 

Mars plastic
4 minutes ago, Gambo said:

How's the wages spreadsheet looking for next weekend?😁

The apologist HR department are crunching the numbers as I type. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Debut 4 said:

Yip.  DS promoted a high workrate, tried to breed in a different mindset to how players saw their role on the pitch.  Always felt he changed Irving for the short time that it was.  He actually had him running with the ball.  

We needed a midfielder to run it with it today, to set up with the three we did was a mistake. 

SectionDJambo
1 hour ago, Beni said:

Yes I'd forgotten that, that was dire, it would have been the 13/14 cup because Hibs knocked us out of the 12/13 cup in December 2012. It must have been during administration, so a bit more understandable.

That was the game where our young lads, who tried their best during the tough administration season, just didn’t get a break all afternoon. Collum even gave Celtic a soft penalty at 5-0. Couldn’t help himself.

I stayed for the whole match. It was, for me, the thing to do to give some encouragement to the boys. It was also a kind of redemption for me because I walked out of that game in 1973 before half time, and felt guilty afterwards. I wasn’t walking away from my team to give the morons in the Roseburn Stand the satisfaction.

1 hour ago, luckydug said:

Apologist 😁

It's so obvious the hate Robbie mob have been waiting for this result. 

Apologist?

Moi?

17 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Yet we beat it two weeks ago.

Yes we did

That happen some times.

But when one team is significantly better than the other, those results will be in the minority (as results and the league table will show come May). But it can be done.

Even when we beat them folk were whining that we let them play for 70 minutes, as if Celtic and their talented attacking players played no part in us being hemmed in.

But today we played them at home, today we played them in front of tens of thousands of Celtic fans, today we caught them in good form and didn't have the luck we had in the first game of the season.

The Real Maroonblood
18 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I’m not sure if i have enough time to wait for it to come around again but we can only hope. 

Your best years will be behind you.

:lol:

Aussie Jambo
58 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Turned the game off when they scored the first as I wasn't going to stay up till 2am on a Monday without some cause. The only surprise this morning was the final score. In that first 30 minutes we offered and did sweet FA. Not that that was any surprise. Classic Hearts in Glasgow.

I didn’t even bother as I knew we would shite it in Glasgow. Sad waking up and checking results to see that score line though. Honestly thought we might get a draw at least but from what I’ve seem since getting up was last seasons dross playbook. Sit back and take the punches with your hands behind your back. No guts no glory. 

3 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Out of interest do we know the attendance today, did it look busy / quiet

Our traditional away end was almost empty. Plenty empty seats where I was sat so I had a whole row to myself. All other places pretty full. Could easily of had 800 fans there and there would still have been space left. 

Watt-Zeefuik

Offer me a 4-4 goal split with one win and won loss vs Celtic two weeks ago, I'd have taken it happily. Ask me which competition I'd rather get the W in, I'd have said the league.

Wasn't able to watch but it did sound like we were brutal in the first half, with Souttar holding the line. At the same time, since our win, Celtic have been ragdolling opponents.

Edited by Ugly American

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, SMJ_1874 said:

Our traditional away end was almost empty. Plenty empty seats where I was sat so I had a whole row to myself. All other places pretty full. Could easily of had 800 fans there and there would still have been space left. 

So one bright spot might be a few hundred grand in gate receipts 🤔?

Aussie Jambo

Just flicked through the game. 

So Celtic did do one thing differently than last game. They had three players on Boyce. Funny but us fans have been crying out for forwards since the end of last season. But “ We can buy players today if we wanted but it’s quality vs quantity “ say Robbie. 

Also as we all know it helps to be Celtic when you commit a penalty but no booking? 🤔 How’s that? Oh aye it’s Celtic 

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

So one bright spot might be a few hundred grand in gate receipts 🤔?

Thats about the crux of it mate. I won’t take too much positives from today other than we should get a good payday and then put it to good use and get some better players in. We’ll need to spend before the window shuts. Don’t want to slag the players or manager off but pheck me, that was grim today. Almost left at halftime as I didn’t see us do anything except backs to the wall defending. Felt like I was watching the battle of Little Bighorn and Custer’s last stand

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, SMJ_1874 said:

Thats about the crux of it mate. I won’t take too much positives from today other than we should get a good payday and then put it to good use and get some better players in. We’ll need to spend before the window shuts. Don’t want to slag the players or manager off but pheck me, that was grim today. Almost left at halftime as I didn’t see us do anything except backs to the wall defending. Felt like I was watching the battle of Little Bighorn and Custer’s last stand

Spot on. 
Someone early in the thread said let’s not pack the box with players as it just leads to people waiting on others doing their job. He was correct.  
It’s a sad day when Michael Stewart is spot on when saying we needed to get further up the park and leave the strikers further forward. Having done that in a team that had good results there he knows what he’s on about for once. 
Well done in not reversing yourself, these *******s have done that to us for years. 
Let’s hope we use the money well and don’t repeat those tactics next time we head west. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

Maroon Sailor
51 minutes ago, jambo_74 said:

Chasing highs is what it's all about. You know as a Hearts fan that 95 per cent of the time it will end in heartache.

Suddenly 10 years since a trophy looks like a bit of a drought. 3 finals in that period as well.

29 minutes ago, SMJ_1874 said:

received_542803490258017.jpeg

Tokyo Drifter

We've scored four times against them in two games, one of which we won. Keep that up and we'll have fared pretty well against them this season. I say keep an eye on the positives. At least we didn't go out to John McGlynn's Hearts Old Boys (aka Raith Rovers).

Maroon Sailor
1 minute ago, Nobreath said:

received_542803490258017.jpeg

When you consider what we used to take there in the mid 80s to the early 90s before all seaters.

4 hours ago, luckydug said:

Celtic are absolutely rotten 😂😂😂😂😂

They will romp this league. 

Aye so they will 😂

Rangers will scud them. Compared to their usual standard, they are absolute shite. My in laws are all Celtic fans and even they don't think they'll win the league.