Unbeaten start

Bazzas right boot

Bazzas right boot

Home game v Celtic and away game v St Mirren.

2 wins

On top of the 4 lc cups wins.

2/3 players still to come in.

How long can we stay top for 😎

Utd away, Aberdeen and hibs at home next 3 games.

Unfortunately I think we'll get beat at Parkhead, but looking at our league fixtures we could go on a wee unbeaten league run.

Great start, how long may it continue?

7 points from the next three league games I reckon.

Sadly though, a Cup defeat to Celtic.  :sad: 

jimmy the jambo

Good times ahead,Hopefully restrictions mean everyone can get to support the team home & away. 
If we get on a run,the fans will flood back too. 

2 minutes ago, Morgan said:

You never know, we might surprise them

Think 2-1 flattered them today. All the quality came from us. McEnefff nearly scores a wolrdy. I've been a neilson critic but today I thought they managed them game well.

There was a danger we wouldn't have an awful lot after the first 4 or 5.  What a difference now.  There's a chance to build a momentum sustaining run instead.

10 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

2 wins

Unfortunately I think we'll get beat at Parkhead, but looking at our league fixtures we could go on a wee unbeaten league run.

Just need to wait and see 👍

Randy Marsh

Two very tough fixtures and 6 points.  Excellent stuff.  The marker has been put down for a top 4 finish this season. 

Mr Elwood P
15 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

2 wins

Get a Bobmeister poll fired up the now 

7 minutes ago, The Tackle said:

Their confidence is low. If we hassle them and press them into mistakes, they will make them. 

Jambo 4 Ever
9 minutes ago, jimmy the jambo said:

Good times ahead,Hopefully restrictions mean everyone can get to support the team home & away. 
If we get on a run,the fans will flood back too. 

Less fans and no away fans at tynecastle May actually be helping us 

Less pressure from. Less pressure on players from moaning / abusive fans and no away fans is positive 

CloustonHMFC

I also think we'll get beat at Parkhead but I don't care about that if we pick up 6 or 7 points from the next 3 league games.

Guest ToqueJambo

It was never in doubt, even after being handed probably the hardest start of the big teams. Neilson always starts well with us, as has been pointed out many times. Couple of additions to the squad definitely needed - that bench today was very light.

All the people predicting bottom 6 or even a relegation battle are looking even sillier than they did then. We look like a team that will be very hard to beat, but we need to dominate games more. This was a fairly typical away performance but we won against a tricky team who ended up just shelling long balls at us.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Bazzas right boot

Bob having we digs...

"It's a great three points for us and we had to stand up to a physical team."

Jambos_1874

Hope Robbie gets some credit as too many fans are normally falling over themselves to criticise him wherever possible. That was a fairly convincing performance and the games will be more open this season which will work in our favour, unlike last season.

Bazzas right boot
16 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Me too.

11 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Great start. 

Hopefully Boyce is fine. Seemed to walk off OK. 

Robbie mentioned Boyce was suffering a bit fatigue and there is nothing to worry about, should be fine 

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

It was never in doubt, even after being handed probably the hardest start of the big teams. Neilson always starts well with us, as has been pointed out many times. Couple of additions to the squad definitely needed - that bench today was very light.

All the people predicting bottom 6 or even a relegation battle are looking even sillier than they did then. We look like a team that will be very hard to beat, but we need to dominate games more. This was a fairly typical away performance but we won against a tricky team who ended up just shelling long balls at us.

under him we tend to go on good runs then we have 3/4 games without a result.

Results wise it is a great start.

Long may it continue and why not next week at Parkhead.

Hopefully any new additions can up the performances.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

under him we tend to go on good runs then we have 3/4 games without a result.

Our form this season will no doubt ebb and flow like most seasons. The thing about Neilson is he knows how to keep picking up points and nothing has happened yet in his second spell to change my mind on that. The Neilson critics need to acknowledge that and not go batshit crazy again if we have a lean spell for a few games.

Edited by ToqueJambo

17 minutes ago, The Tackle said:

This is where I am at too, thought we didn't get a great deal of luck last season and we have had a few situations already this season where we got the benefit of the doubt. Bit of luck and we might beat them again. (Love the AGAIN!).

Just now, Bluesy1874 said:

Robbie mentioned Boyce was suffering a bit fatigue and there is nothing to worry about, should be fine 

Great news. Has so many strings to his bow. Popped up in his own box to make a vital challenge, done a great job in an advanced midfield role and just a much better footballer than I ever though he was. 

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Jambos_1874 said:

Hope Robbie gets some credit as too many fans are normally falling over themselves to criticise him wherever possible. That was a fairly convincing performance and the games will be more open this season which will work in our favour, unlike last season.

Although we see light in some areas in terms of strength in depth, Gnando and, when fit, Walker off the bench are genuine match winners.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Our form this season will no doubt ebb and flow like most seasons. The thing about Neilson is he knows how to keep picking up points and nothing has happened yet in his second spell to change my mind on that. The Neilson critics need to acknowledge that and not go batshit crazy again if we have a lean spell for a few games.

100% and hopefully the bad spell timing doesn't coincide with poor cup results!

That is my biggest concern.

Fitzroy Pointon

We need to avoid picking up long term injuries like recent seasons but this is a solid start. I thought we would have struggled today but although we weren't great, we did enough to get the three points. Grinding out results like that are what makes for successful seasons. Long may it continue. 

Happy for Robbie to prove the doubters (myself included) wrong. He did fantastic the last time he had us in the Prem. Nothing to say he can't do it this time. Another couple of signings needed IMO. 

My god it feels weird to be this positive :laugh:

Bazzas right boot
12 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Get a Bobmeister poll fired up the now 

Bobmeister in v pHOODLE oot

Nah, I'm not a divisive type of person.😋

19 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Their confidence is low. If we hassle them and press them into mistakes, they will make them. 

Nobody will like this, but I would play Gnando and shell that fragile defence,  chaos 😆

Tennant's  6's
Just now, db211833 said:

Nobody will like this, but I would play Gnando and shell that fragile defence,  chaos 😆

I was thinking that 352 might work, to gove is the numbers in the middle of the park, wingbacks allowing us to use the full width of the pitch.

Don't know if Gnando is a bustling striker,despite his size, but if he put himself about and linked up with the clever play of Boycie, then that might just work.

6 points out of 6, didn't see that coming 2weeks ago. Well done Robbie and the boys. Keep it going please as it'll be fantastic to still have a 100% record after the Hibs game.

3 minutes ago, db211833 said:

I like it. I definitely think a 3-5-2 type formation would work better against them. If all fit I’d go

Gordon

Souttar

Halkett

Kingsley

Smith

Haring

McEneff

Beni

Halliday

Boyce

Gnando

Harsh on a few players but that’s the side that gives us the best chance imo. Let Boyce roam all over the midfield and forward areas. 

39 minutes ago, Morgan said:

DBSt4OsmeC-2.png.770cb46536ce71be8c9e3fe24a6ebcdb.png

😉

Enzo Chiefo
43 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

2 wins

Exactly the same fixture start as 85/86 but instead of 1/6 or 1/4? - we have 6/6.  iirc we lost 5 - 2 to St Midden at the end of 84/85 - on the day of the Bradford fire disaster, so everything in perspective,  - and then 6-2 at the start of 85/86.

In order to effect a full exorcise of that season , although still my favourite campaign in 44 years of following the club, a last day title victory at Dens would be feckin perfect.

6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I like it. I definitely think a 3-5-2 type formation would work better against them. If all fit I’d go

Gordon

Souttar

Halkett

Kingsley

Smith

Haring

McEneff

Beni

Halliday

Boyce

Gnando

Harsh on a few players but that’s the side that gives us the best chance imo. Let Boyce roam all over the midfield and forward areas. 

👍

14 minutes ago, db211833 said:

Not a bad shout assuming you're meaning Septic. Big pitch at darkheid, direct approach would be my choice too.

Previously said that I thought we'd get 1 point from the first 3 games. 6 from 2 is excellent and it's great to see the team playing well all over the pitch. 

Hope that we can keep this run going and get a good haul of points this season. 

3 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Exactly the same fixture start as 85/86 but instead of 1/6 or 1/4? - we have 6/6.  iirc we lost 5 - 2 to St Midden at the end of 84/85 - on the day of the Bradford fire disaster, so everything in perspective,  - and then 6-2 at the start of 85/86.

In order to effect a full exorcise of that season , although still my favourite campaign in 44 years of following the club, a last day title victory at Dens would be feckin perfect.

Stewart Brown stated in the EEN the day before that there was no way Hearts would lose 5-2 again.

I suppose he was right.

Night and day compared to previous years. We've won about 10 in a row or something.

Another few players and we'll be gunning for 3rd.

33 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

100% and hopefully the bad spell timing doesn't coincide with poor cup results!

That is my biggest concern.

His cup record has never been great.

Enzo Chiefo
1 hour ago, martoon said:

Stewart Brown stated in the EEN the day before that there was no way Hearts would lose 5-2 again.

I suppose he was right.

🤣. Yes , he was. I also remember him predicting a victory up at Pittodrie in that 1990 Scottish Cup tie that we lost 4-1, overshadowed by Scotland winning the Grand Slam

46 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

🤣. Yes , he was. I also remember him predicting a victory up at Pittodrie in that 1990 Scottish Cup tie that we lost 4-1, overshadowed by Scotland winning the Grand Slam

Gerry McNee predicted a Hearts win, too.

Nearly fell off my barstool. 😊

Enzo Chiefo
25 minutes ago, martoon said:

Gerry McNee predicted a Hearts win, too.

Nearly fell off my barstool. 😊

🤣🤣

hmfc_liam06
3 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

2 wins

5 points not a disaster, would definitely be great to be unbeaten after those 3.