An Evening With Alan Stubbs

Deevers

The Hibs robbing charities of money you say??? Sure they will raise money to compensate them.

The boy who organised this is the guy that opened the memorabilia shop in Gorgie and the Gyle, Hibs fan Alex Hurry.

5 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

Is this some kind of booby prize in a shit competition?

Imagine paying between £700 and £1000 a ticket to listen to Stubbs and McManus.  Hilarious.

Horatio Caine
1 minute ago, Deevers said:

Imagine paying between £700 and £1000 a ticket to listen to Stubbs and McManus.  Hilarious.

Ffs.  To even imagine that would justify a bed at  the Royal Edinburgh.

42 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

I'd rather rattle my pinky toe off the bed frame than sit and listen to that ****.

If y'know, y'know. 

Y'know? 

Not the fault of anyone apart from the scummy organiser of this event. 

Pocketed the money and is in hiding. 

Id be pissed off aswell 

58 minutes ago, Restonbabe said:

Id be pissed off aswell 

Agreed - but pretty funny that he’s Hibs supporter after all the guff we here from them about charities. 

Dennis Reynolds

The Steps to Hope charity is a great charity so it's a shame they've lost out. Seems that guy is a serial conman though. 

Shanks said no
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

I’m sure some had issues with Mr. hurry when he owned the shirt framing shop. 

There were doubts about the authenticity of some of the signatures.  Including some stuff I bought. 

davemclaren
Just now, The Frenchman Returns said:

There were doubts about the authenticity of some of the signatures.  Including some stuff I bought. 

The late Tam Heaney was particularly vociferous on here iirc. 

adambraejambo
1 hour ago, Horatio Caine said:

Ffs.  To even imagine that would justify a bed at  the Royal Edinburgh.

It says it 700-1000 for a table in the article . I'd imagine a table sits 8 or 10. Just the usual price for these sorts of things. 

Not the first time Alex Hurry has been mentioned on here. 

Years ago on here it was alleged he was getting his family to bid on e-bay items to put the prices up and to say there have been questions marks over the authenticity of his memorabilia sales is putting it mildly.

He's well known as a chancer.  

lost in space
2 hours ago, Restonbabe said:

Id be pissed off aswell 

He is in hiding - and going to get a hiding when he re-appears.

£50k - how long will that last for? It's not as tho he could buy a big house with pool in Malaga and retire.

He may not have thought this through.......

John Findlay
29 minutes ago, lost in space said:

He is in hiding - and going to get a hiding when he re-appears.

£50k - how long will that last for? It's not as tho he could buy a big house with pool in Malaga and retire.

He may not have thought this through.......

Depends. This is one rip-off we have now heard of. I am sure there are others we haven't heard of yet.

McManus is utter cack.  Just like a mate telling a few stories you’d hear on a night out with the boys.  

In fact, im doing my mates or anyone else’s a disservice by saying that. My mates are actually a laugh. 

H-** fud.  

4 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Depends. This is one rip-off we have now heard of. I am sure there are others we haven't heard of yet.

He once tried to rip off a good Jambo who lent him some money for his ailing hairdressers business. Totally underestimated the jambo in question. After refusing to answer his calls, the Jambo then marched into his shop at the Gyle and in full view of staff amd the general public,  proceeded to commit daylight robbery. Only when the staff called him he answered his phone. Long story short, Hurry ended up well out of pocket as the goods taken were more than the sum of money borrowed. He’s a feckless wank stain and cretin of a human being. It won’t be long before his troubles catch up with him and a well deserved sore face is handed out to him on numerous occasions 

I'd only pay for such tickets with a credit card, surely Hibs fans aren't stupid enough to pay with a debit card or bank transfer?

Perhaps Hearts could do one of these things with Pat Fenlon and everyone could have a 5-1 photo with him?

Edited by Spellczech

davemclaren
1 hour ago, Jack Torrance said:

Be funny if Kickback or Hearts paid the charity. Just to rub it in.

😆

We’ll let .net do the moral thing here. 

I was surprised to hear Tam McManus was a guest speaker can he even talk??mind you if they're used to listening to Garry O'Connor then it would be like going to a University Lecture 

Edited by rory78

9 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

We’ll let .net do the moral thing here. 

👍Dave👍 I’m sure in the future,once they’ve cleaned up the mess they’ve caused? We can help 👍

11 hours ago, davieholt said:

TBH I don't mind Stubbs. He seems an honest enough character who loves his football.

We all make mistakes

👀👀😑

Goldstone Wonder
11 hours ago, bajthejambo said:

Somebody should have really been keeping an eye on the organiser of the event.

Underrated post 😂 

1 hour ago, CostaJambo said:

500 tickets sold? Ma' hole. Must have more money than sense. Hobos not usually known for having either.

Are known for having their sisters however…..

Hurry is well known for being dodgy so this will come as no surprise to anyone familiar with his business practices.

He's also just a proper weirdo.

Hectormasson
14 hours ago, Rave MacPherson said:

lots of Hibs fans have been left out of pocket, some for over £1000. 

Thats a lot of giros been wasted

And funny as f...k🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂😂😂🥳👍

20 hours ago, SMJ_1874 said:

He once tried to rip off a good Jambo who lent him some money for his ailing hairdressers business. Totally underestimated the jambo in question. After refusing to answer his calls, the Jambo then marched into his shop at the Gyle and in full view of staff amd the general public,  proceeded to commit daylight robbery. Only when the staff called him he answered his phone. Long story short, Hurry ended up well out of pocket as the goods taken were more than the sum of money borrowed. He’s a feckless wank stain and cretin of a human being. It won’t be long before his troubles catch up with him and a well deserved sore face is handed out to him on numerous occasions 

Violence seemingly never solves anything but on this occasion that philosophy can be put to one side. 

I heard he was going into the bath and shower industry and was going to call the business Alan's Tubs (I'll get me coat).

Bazzas right boot
On 03/08/2021 at 11:03, Deevers said:

I've heard Mcmanus is funny, might be getting mixed up but I'm sure a, m8 said he was at a sports dinner and he was a speaker. 

If he hadn't won the cup most Hobos would gladly have seen him leave - few of my mates wanted him out once Falkirk pumped them in playoff