Hearts don't need a boss they've got ME

vegas-voss

I'm not sure I understand

What should the primary purpose of our owner talking to the media be if it isnt to provide some communication and information to the fans?

Simply taking the **** out of the media?

He doesnt take the time to personally contribute to our website, yet he takes the time to take the **** out of the media?

Isnt that a bit flawed when we are such a shambles.

Shouldnt he have taken that half hour to phone-in some sort of statement for use on our club website then? Wouldnt that have been a better use of his apparently valuable time?

Hang on, he didn't make a farce of the entire interview...he made one slightly dodgy joke about making himself the manager. That was it.

colinmaroon
I think those sorts of rambling nonsense interviews say more about VR than any of the sanitised reports on the website (other than the monkeys ones).

I really think that there's a sense in that Vlad is deliberately winding up the press, but also that he knows fine what the reaction will be from the likes of JKB - and, as I've said previously, if any of us (whether justifiably or not) were subject to the abuse that his whole family and business etc. have received, we'd not think twice about "stirring" it in such a way!

I can imagine that he's having a chuckle to himself this morning!

Personally, I think Holloway and Vlad would get on well together and it would drive some on here stark, raving bonkers but it would be entertainment and, after all, if they get in right on the pitch, I actually would relish the pops at the media the GFA on an ongoing basis - not as if they don't deserve it!!!

colinmaroon
You didn't get your leg over last night did you?

Just a hunch likes :)

My birthday's not until the 29th!!!

Hang on, he didn't make a farce of the entire interview...he made one slightly dodgy joke about making himself the manager. That was it.

But you said the point of the interview wasnt to communicate with the fans.

Didnt you? :o

Guest JamboRobbo
My birthday's not until the 29th!!!

lets hope that isn't February :P

I really think that there's a sense in that Vlad is deliberately winding up the press, but also that he knows fine what the reaction will be from the likes of JKB - and, as I've said previously, if any of us (whether justifiably or not) were subject to the abuse that his whole family and business etc. have received, we'd not think twice about "stirring" it in such a way!

I can imagine that he's having a chuckle to himself this morning!

Personally, I think Holloway and Vlad would get on well together and it would drive some on here stark, raving bonkers but it would be entertainment and, after all, if they get in right on the pitch, I actually would relish the pops at the media the GFA on an ongoing basis - not as if they don't deserve it!!!

Agree with a lot of what you say

I do think there is an onus on the owner of a club like Hearts to act a bit more professionally than he has done.

Even in the face of criticism from the media and fans

Fair enough getting into a bit of banter and school playground taunting with your mates in the boozer.

Romanov does have a position of responsibility though. If he cant deal with that through any other means than sarcasm it is a bit concerning, and suggests he maybe isnt cut out for it

But you said the point of the interview wasnt to communicate with the fans.

Didnt you? :o

Nope, I didn't say anything about that.

I don't have a clue what the point of the interview was. Presumably it's part of some post-announcement, PR strategy. Either that, or Reporting Scotland phoned him up and asked for a chat and he said 'Alright then'.

John Findlay

Shock horror. Vladimir Romanov has a sense of humour. Keep going Mr Romanov. Stick it to the weegie press and mafia at every opportunity you can.

John

Walter Kidd

Jesus. Vlad cracks a joke and everyone cries foul.

Dry your eyes. Any chance of us taking the **** out of the West Coast Media is top dollar in my eyes.

Dry your eyes. Any chance of us taking the **** out of the West Coast Media is top dollar in my eyes.

I know.

This bolshy bottom 6 club

Grrrrrr :rolleyes:

The footballing equivalent of Scrappy Doo. Let me at 'em, let me at 'em......

How about taking the matter seriously ?

Maybe he doesn't think football is that serious, it certainly isn't life or death, or at least it shouldn't be. It is still just a game....isn't it?

Moan Moan bitch bitch. Nasty JKB people with nasty opinions. Why won't they shut up. ;)

I think his point is a lot of people moan about one thing, and when the opposite happens - something they want - they moan about that too - and he is right - many posters seem to be like that.

Dr. Bapswent

hooray.jpg

Cant believe how much has been made of this stupid interview. It was for me a complete non-event.

I knew it would be a non-event, but still i went out my way to make sure i caught it on the telly..... just to be predictably let down.

Folk were getting excited all day about a pre-recorded interview which was never going to contain any of the answers to any of the questions any of us have.

If that interview really did have any ground breaking information in it - you can be sure that the BBC wouldnt have been holding on to it all day waiting to air it in the night time show...... the very fact it "could wait" till then is a reflection of how meaningless it really was.

Certainly not worth getting the knickers in a twist about thats for sure.

True

We've nothing else to speak about though :sad:

monkfish1979

Word. It amazes me that anybody on this board gives the red tops any sort of credence at all. Almost everything in them is written by sensationalist morons that wouldn't be in a job were it not for the invention of spell checkers.

The Hun especially can't even identify a joke. More fool them for taking a misinterpretation and turning it into a two page spread.....

Drylaw Hearts
Maybe he doesn't think football is that serious, it certainly isn't life or death, or at least it shouldn't be. It is still just a game....isn't it?

It is just a game.

But if you're going to get involved then you might as well be serious about it.

It is just a game.

...and put together a team to try to win GAMES, and not try and turn the club into some sort of soulless business (where "the game" does not appear to be the focus of the objectives)

It is just a game.

Plenty of other things to be serious about, work, family, money, house, car, bills..... the list goes on.

This part of the game isn't going so well for Hearts, but it is swings and roundabouts (note my cunning use of apparatus used for fun and games to describde the current happenings at Hearts) it will all come good in the end, and if it doesn't, still no one will be dead. Hopefully....

Hearts as an institution have had difficult periods in the past, most notably prior to Wallace Mercer taking the reigns. We have been far further down a road towards what could be described as the end game in the past. It didn't come to it then, and it won't come to it now.

Anyone for tennis :)

Cant believe how much has been made of this stupid interview. It was for me a complete non-event.

I knew it would be a non-event, but still i went out my way to make sure i caught it on the telly..... just to be predictably let down.

Folk were getting excited all day about a pre-recorded interview which was never going to contain any of the answers to any of the questions any of us have.

If that interview really did have any ground breaking information in it - you can be sure that the BBC wouldnt have been holding on to it all day waiting to air it in the night time show...... the very fact it "could wait" till then is a reflection of how meaningless it really was.

I never saw the interview - but do we know when it was actually recorded?

Drylaw Hearts
Plenty of other things to be serious about, work, family, money, house, car, bills..... the list goes on.

This part of the game isn't going so well for Hearts, but it is swings and roundabouts (note my cunning use of apparatus used for fun and games to describde the current happenings at Hearts) it will all come good in the end, and if it doesn't, still no one will be dead. Hopefully....

Hearts as an institution have had difficult periods in the past, most notably prior to Wallace Mercer taking the reigns. We have been far further down a road towards what could be described as the end game in the past. It didn't come to it then, and it won't come to it now.

Anyone for tennis :)

When the Football side of the Club is not geared to winning matches with 100% effort and attention then VR would be just aswell shutting the doors.

It is still just a game....isn't it?

In a word. No. Its not.

And I doubt the folk who rely on it as their source of income to support their families, pay their bills, put food on the table etc etc etc would agree with you either.

In a word. No. Its not.

And I doubt the folk who rely on it as their source of income to support their families, pay their bills, put food on the table etc etc etc would agree with you either.

So let me get this straight, football isn't a game? I play it, I know a lot of people who play it and normally the words used when inviting someone to attend are....Do you fancy a game.

Now just because businessmen have attached themselves to the beautiful game and are now making money out of said game doesn't actually change the fact for all intents and purposes that it is still a game.

People make money out of lots of different sports at the professional level, doesn't mean it's right, and it definately doesn't stop these sports being described as games.

Tennis is a game, Golf is a game, Badminton, Snooker, you name it, their all games, the only sports that i would find it hard o describe as a game would be athletics. Seems like to much hard work to describe as a game.

Anyway, I think it's safe to say that i think football is still a game regardless of money. :)

So let me get this straight, football isn't a game? I play it, I know a lot of people who play it and normally the words used when inviting someone to attend are....Do you fancy a game.

Now just because businessmen have attached themselves to the beautiful game and are now making money out of said game doesn't actually change the fact for all intents and purposes that it is still a game.

People make money out of lots of different sports at the professional level, doesn't mean it's right, and it definately doesn't stop these sports being described as games.

Tennis is a game, Golf is a game, Badminton, Snooker, you name it, their all games, the only sports that i would find it hard o describe as a game would be athletics. Seems like to much hard work to describe as a game.

Anyway, I think it's safe to say that i think football is still a game regardless of money. :)

Football is indeed a game.

However thats not what you said - so please dont twist it now.

You stated that football was JUST a game. Which it clearly is not.

Football is indeed a game.

However thats not what you said - so please dont twist it now.

You stated that football was JUST a game. Which it clearly is not.

Get a grip mate, I'm not twisting anything. It sounds like you are looking for an argument where there simply isn't one. Football is just a game, the fact that people pay money to watch it and that people are employed within the industry that has been bolted onto it doesn't change the fact that football is just a game.

Get a grip mate, I'm not twisting anything. It sounds like you are looking for an argument where there simply isn't one. Football is just a game, the fact that people pay money to watch it and that people are employed within the industry that has been bolted onto it doesn't change the fact that football is just a game.

You previously went on about "Plenty of other things to be serious about, work, family, money, house, car, bills..... the list goes on."

That same thing can be said by those who are employed by football clubs, play for football clubs, or make money out of football.

Its not JUST a game. You cant even argue that it is. Its a business. Its a job. Its a million other things as well as being a game.

Seymour M Hersh
he doesn't do himself any favours with the clap trap he comes out with sometimes

He can't win. He comes out with a bit of humour and is crucified for it. He hasn't helped himself over the years but to sensationalise this tells me more about the Sun than VR.

He can't win. He comes out with a bit of humour and is crucified for it. He hasn't helped himself over the years but to sensationalise this tells me more about the Sun than VR.

He could win by telling the fans (and the shareholders) what the aims of the club are. What the plans are to get there.

Then if he uses humour we could all laugh at the stupid media for not understanding the joke.

But in the first public pronouncement for a long time without those objectives it is not so easy to 'get the joke'.

Seymour M Hersh
Yes, but the joke isn't on us...not as far as Vlad's concerned. it's the media who endlessly accuse him of thinking he's a manager, he's having a go directly at them. I don't see what the problem is with that. Goodness knows we need a little light humour...

There are handwringers on here that have had a sense of humour by-pass. Then there are people that just want to hit him with a stick regardless of what he says or does. There are also people on here that, even if the appointed manager gets full control and the team performs well, the stand is built want him out the club, end of. Even if that precipitates the demise of HMFC. But they're the real fans apparently.

Seymour M Hersh
Was the comment that the Tynecastle stadium redevelopment might not be viable a joke as well?

Have you had that confirmed as per your thread seeking assistance?

Have you had that confirmed as per your thread seeking assistance?

That's what I started the thread for:) To make sure I wasn't pushing misinformation.

How are we supposed to know which bits are the jokes? The bit about the mafia? Vlad as the manager? The stadium viability?

Seymour M Hersh
OK Coco - I'll answer your question. I think Vlad is almost permanently on the wind up. He knows the response it'll get and he's engaging in a little bit of sport for his own self amusement.

Holloway words/concrete actions - we'll see soon enough which one is the true one.

Well if another thread is to be believed!;)

Guest JamboRobbo
I think his point is a lot of people moan about one thing, and when the opposite happens - something they want - they moan about that too - and he is right - many posters seem to be like that.

And my point is that Colin is repeatedly moaning about people repeatedly moaning.

You previously went on about "Plenty of other things to be serious about, work, family, money, house, car, bills..... the list goes on."

That same thing can be said by those who are employed by football clubs, play for football clubs, or make money out of football.

Its not JUST a game. You cant even argue that it is. Its a business. Its a job. Its a million other things as well as being a game.

Football as a whole is a game, the professional part of that game has had elements of businesses bolted onto it, retail, hospitality, entertainment. No matter what you say about people working in the industry which is football, it doesn't detract from the main point which once again I will reiterate, football is just a game.

Look at just about any team in Scotland. They don't run as businesses, they make losses, if they were just businesses they would have closed down years ago.

There is a business side despite the football, it doesn't necessarilly complement it. Replica shirts don't need to be sold, people would still go and watch football without them.

TV revenue could be argued to be the most detremental aspect to have come into football over the last twenty years, it along with the taylor report marginalised the fan base and created couch potatoes and alternative matchdays. Saturday is when football is meant to be played. You say that football is a business, I say football is a game that Businessmen are bleading dry to the detrement of everyone who enjoys to watch or play.

Aguably the worst thing to have happened to football was the uncapping of the wage structure. Footballers used to have a connection to the people.

Personally I think I am bonkers to pay the exorbitant prices that I do to watch football, and I am saddened by the ever increasing salaries that footballers receive for playing a game.

But it's the love of that game that keeps me going back. Not merchandise or corporate seats or hospitality or business. Just the game.

You're not nearly enough of an obsessive for this place... ;)

You're not nearly enough of an obsessive for this place... ;)

That is the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me on this board ;)

JAMBOBLOOD
Maybe we should all just relax and take it as it is meant- a joke

Perhaps he is poking fun at all the drama merchants in our own support as well?

think it would be merited TBH

DOnt understand why people take these things to heart, its a joke, get over it

I'll hit the nail on the head our so called "saviour" of our beloved football team is taking the p**h out of each and every paying or non supporter and he's been doing it for over 2 seasons in my opinion he's running our club down the way:Bazooka:

JAMBOBLOOD
I'll hit the nail on the head our so called "saviour" of our beloved football team is taking the p**h out of each and every paying or non supporter and he's been doing it for over 2 seasons in my opinion he's running our club down the way:Bazooka:

redoing a mistake:oops: :I'll hit the nail on the head our so called "saviour" of our beloved football team is taking the p**h out of each and every paying or non paying supporter and he's been doing it for over 2 seasons in my opinion he's running our club down the way:Bazooka:

Archived