Hearts don't need a boss they've got ME

vegas-voss

vegas-voss

A little dig at Vlad again in todays Sun headline.It's obviously said in jest but they have taken it as gospel.Two page spread on Vlad,he certainly has come back with a bang.

Guest JamboRobbo

agree it was said in jest, and it must be Vlads sense of humour, but to be honest, I don't find Vlad's "I'm the manager" "jokes" even remotely funny - it's a very serious matter for most Hearts fans, yet he seems to find it amusing? And it's especially poor when it's about the thousandth time he's come out with the same one liner which wasn't even funny in the first place.

vegas-voss
Watched it

Didnt bother me

knew the red tops would jump on it

FTRT'S

I think Vlad would have thought the same.

Pete Seeger
agree it was said in jest, and it must be Vlads sense of humour, but to be honest, I don't find Vlad's "I'm the manager" "jokes" even remotely funny - it's a very serious matter for most Hearts fans, yet he seems to find it amusing? And it's especially poor when it's about the thousandth time he's come out with the same one liner which wasn't even funny in the first place.

I agree. Even though it was clearly said in jest it wasn't very funny. Last season was not a laughing matter!

jamboinglasgow

when I heard him say that on the interview I knew he was joking but I felt like shouting at the tv to not say that as people will think he is being serious. Just dont mention it ever.

Yes, but the joke isn't on us...not as far as Vlad's concerned. it's the media who endlessly accuse him of thinking he's a manager, he's having a go directly at them. I don't see what the problem is with that. Goodness knows we need a little light humour...

OH YE , ye canna beat MAD VLAD to cause a stir with 3 simple words, he knew excactly what he was doing, causing a media frenzy and getting yet again column inches in todays papers "MEGALOMANIA" at its finest

doctor jambo

Maybe we should all just relax and take it as it is meant- a joke

Perhaps he is poking fun at all the drama merchants in our own support as well?

think it would be merited TBH

DOnt understand why people take these things to heart, its a joke, get over it

Was the comment that the Tynecastle stadium redevelopment might not be viable a joke as well?

Jam Tarts 1874

You forget that there are a number of people on here who will jump on any excuse to get the pitch-forks out.

We're doomed!

frazerDM1112_228x374.jpg

Yes, but the joke isn't on us...not as far as Vlad's concerned. ...

Although in reality the joke kind of is on us, no matter if it is aimed at the media

Chad Sexington

I cant believe people are frothing at the mouth over this.

He's joking FFS.

It may not be Perrier award winning comedy but it's still not meant to be taken seriously.

Some folk seem determined to hit the hysteria button as soon as Vlad opens his mouth.

Guest JamboRobbo
Yes, but the joke isn't on us...not as far as Vlad's concerned.

I agree he doesn't think it is. But it feels to me like it is.

it's the media who endlessly accuse him of thinking he's a manager, he's having a go directly at them. I don't see what the problem is with that. Goodness knows we need a little light humour...

Agree to an extent. But it just seems to me that our situation isn't a laughing matter.

Maybe it's just me. Maybe it's cause he made the same joke when we met with him a couple of years back, and hearing him still spouting the same crap joke about him being the manager just makes me think nothing has changed.

Guest JamboRobbo
I cant believe people are frothing at the mouth over this.

He's joking FFS.

It may not be Perrier award winning comedy but it's still not meant to be taken seriously.

Some folk seem determined to hit the hysteria button as soon as Vlad opens his mouth.

As opposed to those who hit the hysteria button as soon as fellow Hearts fans express an opinion which is critical of Vlad. :P

We're doomed I tell you. Where's my pitchfork. ;)

The Old Tolbooth

He certainly seems to be crawling out from under his stone again, lets just hope and pray that he's got a bit confidence to come back and face the fans with some GOOD news for a change, I won't hold my breath though.

I agree he doesn't think it is. But it feels to me like it is.

Agree to an extent. But it just seems to me that our situation isn't a laughing matter.

Maybe it's just me. Maybe it's cause he made the same joke when we met with him a couple of years back, and hearing him still spouting the same crap joke about him being the manager just makes me think nothing has changed.

Of course our situation isn't a laughing matter, but the media certainly treat us all as if it is. If I'd been interviewed like that, I would have said something similar myself! What else can he do? Stand there and give grumpy one word answers? Then we'd only be faced with weeks of 'Mad Vlad goes in the Huff' headlines instead. Think of it as a snide comment designed to highlight the stupidity of the media...it definitely wasn't anything we need to take umbrage with.

colinmaroon

What a bunch of b****y hypocrites!!!

"Why doesn't Vlad communicate?"

Moan! Moan! Bitch! Bitch!

"Why doesn't he shut up?"

"Why does he have to tell bad jokes!"

I've got the answer!

JKB et al could write his speeches for him!!!

Ah, but - it would get lost in the translation, especially by that rag, the Sun! They can't even speak English, let alone Russian!!!

Catching!!! Like the flippin' Bubonic Plague!!!

This website should carry a health warning!!!

Drylaw Hearts
Yes, but the joke isn't on us...not as far as Vlad's concerned. it's the media who endlessly accuse him of thinking he's a manager, he's having a go directly at them. I don't see what the problem is with that. Goodness knows we need a little light humour...

I feel the joke is on us, albeit maybe not intentionally by VR, and has been since Burley left.

The media have good reason to accuse him of thinking he's a Manager because I think he actually does.

VR is no different in that respect to most Hearts fans who think they know who we should sign and we should play in matchday.

In reality we are offering our opinion but he is actually carrying it out !!

Or has done in the past.

Now I'm all for humour but in our present state these 'jokes' are in bad taste.

This debacle has been anything but funny for Hearts supporters.

I just wish he'd get on with making an appointment !!!!!! :mad:

Guest JamboRobbo
Of course our situation isn't a laughing matter, but the media certainly treat us all as if it is. If I'd been interviewed like that, I would have said something similar myself!

Interview like what? He was asked if there was any progree on the new manager. Seems a reasonable question?

What else can he do? Stand there and give grumpy one word answers?

Answer the question?

Then we'd only be faced with weeks of 'Mad Vlad goes in the Huff' headlines instead. Think of it as a snide comment designed to highlight the stupidity of the media...it definitely wasn't anything we need to take umbrage with.

I agree that was his intention.

The Old Tolbooth

I've got the answer!

Ah, but - it would get lost in the translation, especially by that rag, the Sun! They can't even speak English, let alone Russian!!!

You didn't get your leg over last night did you?

Just a hunch likes :)

Guest JamboRobbo

I've got the answer!

Moan Moan bitch bitch. Nasty JKB people with nasty opinions. Why won't they shut up. ;)

Drylaw Hearts

I've got the answer!

:rolleyes:

Dr. Bapswent
Of course our situation isn't a laughing matter, but the media certainly treat us all as if it is. If I'd been interviewed like that, I would have said something similar myself! What else can he do? Stand there and give grumpy one word answers? Then we'd only be faced with weeks of 'Mad Vlad goes in the Huff' headlines instead. Think of it as a snide comment designed to highlight the stupidity of the media...it definitely wasn't anything we need to take umbrage with.

I agree.,

I think Vlad is doing exactly what he should.

He is looking go get in a manager. If he was wanting manage himself, he would.

Therefore he is mocking the press and the suggestions that he manages the team.

He has 2 options, he categorically denies it, and gets slated for lying, because the press will undermine his statement anyway.

Or he laughs at it and the way the press do their thing.

He wont win either way.

And as he said anyway, he will let actions do the talking.

I dont mind he laughed it up, I am happy he acknowledged the situation, and by making a joke out of it, he acknowledged the concerns and the fact the press go to town on the subject.

Lets face it, if he denied it, this place would be full of the usual people complaining, but instead of moaning about him not taking it seriously, they would be calling him a liar etc etc.

Guest JamboRobbo

Is it not Vlads actions that we've been watching these past 3 years?

Judge us in a years time was Romans comment after they got rid of Anderton and Co.

Well, two years later, the judgement ain't looking very good.

I dont mind he laughed it up, I am happy he acknowledged the situation, and by making a joke out of it, he acknowledged the concerns and the fact the press go to town on the subject.

Lets face it, if he denied it, this place would be full of the usual people complaining, but instead of moaning about him not taking it seriously, they would be calling him a liar etc etc.

And quite rightly too. Cause he would be.

Drylaw Hearts
I agree.,

I think Vlad is doing exactly what he should.

He is looking go get in a manager. If he was wanting manage himself, he would.

Therefore he is mocking the press and the suggestions that he manages the team.

He has 2 options, he categorically denies it, and gets slated for lying, because the press will undermine his statement anyway.

Or he laughs at it and the way the press do their thing.

He wont win either way.

How about taking the matter seriously ?

I'm not that fussed about the bad joke. If I hated bad jokes I wouldnt buy Xmas crackers

I do wish though, at some point over the last 30 months when he was working the team from the back, that he had actually come and sat in the dug out and gone full hog with the management stuff - pacing the touchline, barking out things in Russian, scribbling notes for subs coming on.

Now that WOULD have been funny - and given the fact that we completely sacrificed any pretence of being a successful football club last season, wouldnt even have impacted upon our season too much

Dr. Bapswent
How about taking the matter seriously ?

He wouldn't be believed even if he did.

I am not debating how we got into this situation, but the way it is now dealt with it is crucial, and Vlad doing the talking on the park is the best (and only real answer) as the media and many fans will not believe him if he took it seriously.

By making light of it, I think he has both acknowledged it, and ridiculed the press' treatment of the situation.. Which is fair enough to me.

Of course being serious would be helpful, but only if he is going to be taken seriously, and I doubt in this instance he would have been.

I feel the joke is on us, albeit maybe not intentionally by VR, and has been since Burley left.

The media have good reason to accuse him of thinking he's a Manager because I think he actually does.

VR is no different in that respect to most Hearts fans who think they know who we should sign and we should play in matchday.

In reality we are offering our opinion but he is actually carrying it out !!

Or has done in the past.

Now I'm all for humour but in our present state these 'jokes' are in bad taste.

This debacle has been anything but funny for Hearts supporters.

I just wish he'd get on with making an appointment !!!!!! :mad:

Don't we all. :)

With all due respect DH, I get the impression that the reaction to his interview and the wee 'jokes' has more to do with our own insecurities than anything else. The fans feel like they're being laughed at and mocked by other fans and the media, maybe it's just too much to ask for them to see light humour in anything which highlights those 'sore' issues at the moment.

We might be smarting from recent events, but it doesn't mean we need to scowl and see only derision in everything Vladimir does. That's all I'm saying. it felt quite good to chuckle along with him yesterday, it made a nice change.

Guest JamboRobbo
He wouldn't be believed even if he did.

I am not debating how we got into this situation, but the way it is now dealt with it is crucial, and Vlad doing the talking on the park is the best (and only real answer) as the media and many fans will not believe him if he took it seriously.

By making light of it, I think he has both acknowledged it, and ridiculed the press' treatment of the situation.. Which is fair enough to me.

Of course being serious would be helpful, but only if he is going to be taken seriously, and I doubt in this instance he would have been.

Don't disagree with much of that. The concern is, he's been making light of it with the same joke since about Nov 06.

Don't we all. :)

With all due respect DH, I get the impression that the reaction to his interview and the wee 'jokes' has more to do with our own insecurities than anything else. The fans feel like they're being laughed at and mocked by other fans and the media, maybe it's just too much to ask for them to see light humour in anything which highlights those 'sore' issues at the moment.

We might be smarting from recent events, but it doesn't mean we need to scowl and see only derision in everything Vladimir does. That's all I'm saying. it felt quite good to chuckle along with him yesterday, it made a nice change.

I'm long past caring being mocked by others. They are right to mock. We are a shambles

I think what the main concern of some on this thread is that he has had a big say in team affairs, we havent had a manager worthy of the name since Burley - whom he bulleted, he knows the management issue is a major bone of contention, yet he still jokes about it - whilst we are in our 7th month without a manager.

Ultimately, his interview with the BBC should have been primarily focussed on providing communication with the fans, not some sort school playground game of "see how I can get you media guys going"

That said, I personally am shrugging my shoulders a little bit. There were other parts of the interview which were more concerning IMO

Horatio Caine

Like I said on another thread last night - the whole interview was a p**s take. Yes, Vlad's idea of a joke - yes, wearing a bit thin by now BUT - the joke was on the media who are stupid enough to swallow it hook line and sinker.

I'll reserve judgment until the new manager is announced. Then we'll see if the joke is on us, or not.

In the meantime, CALM DOWN!!!!

ToadKiller Dog
We might be smarting from recent events, but it doesn't mean we need to scowl and see only derision in everything Vladimir does. That's all I'm saying. it felt quite good to chuckle along with him yesterday, it made a nice change

Agree with that ,some people are so wound up in a dislike of Romanov that they are starting to turn into there own version of him.

Like I said on another thread last night - the whole interview was a p**s take. Yes, Vlad's idea of a joke - yes, wearing a bit thin by now BUT - the joke was on the media who are stupid enough to swallow it hook line and sinker.

I'll reserve judgment until the new manager is announced. Then we'll see if the joke is on us, or not.

I don't think anyone has answered the point I made elsewhere in response to comments like this one.

Are we supposed to take the comment that VR made that the Tynecastle Stadium redevelopment may not be viable as a joke too? In the way that Rodney Romanov's AGM statement that the stand could be made smaller was a joke?

Guest JamboRobbo

I don't see many folk getting overly upset. Seems like reasonable debate of a subject?

Horatio Caine
I don't think anyone has answered the point I made elsewhere in response to comments like this one.

Are we supposed to take the comment that VR made that the Tynecastle Stadium redevelopment may not be viable as a joke too? In the way that Rodney Romanov's AGM statement that the stand could be made smaller was a joke?

OK Coco - I'll answer your question. I think Vlad is almost permanently on the wind up. He knows the response it'll get and he's engaging in a little bit of sport for his own self amusement.

Hollow words/concrete actions - we'll see soon enough which one is the true one.

OK Coco - I'll answer your question. I think Vlad is almost permanently on the wind up. He knows the response it'll get and he's engaging in a little bit of sport for his own self amusement.

Hollow words/concrete actions - we'll see soon enough which one is the true one.

I think he is a joke. No class and no respect for the supporters.

I'm long past caring being mocked by others. They are right to mock. We are a shambles

I think what the main concern of some on this thread is that he has had a big say in team affairs, we havent had a manager worthy of the name since Burley - whom he bulleted, he knows the management issue is a major bone of contention, yet he still jokes about it - whilst we are in our 7th month without a manager.

Ultimately, his interview with the BBC should have been primarily focussed on providing communication with the fans, not some sort school playground game of "see how I can get you media guys going"

That said, I personally am shrugging my shoulders a little bit. There were other parts of the interview which were more concerning IMO

I don't think he should be doing anything of the sort. An impromptu interview with some random Reporting Scotland guy isn't the time or the place for that, surely? I want communication from him and from the club, but not via Reporting Scotland...

I don't think he should be doing anything of the sort. An impromptu interview with some random Reporting Scotland guy isn't the time or the place for that, surely? I want communication from him and from the club, but not via Reporting Scotland...

I think those sorts of rambling nonsense interviews say more about VR than any of the sanitised reports on the website (other than the monkeys ones).

Guest JamboRobbo

Why not? What harm would there have been?

I'm not sure I understand

What should the primary purpose of our owner talking to the media be if it isnt to provide some communication and information to the fans?

Simply taking the **** out of the media?

He doesnt take the time to personally contribute to our website, yet he takes the time to take the **** out of the media?

Isnt that a bit flawed when we are such a shambles.

Shouldnt he have taken that half hour to phone-in some sort of statement for use on our club website then? Wouldnt that have been a better use of his apparently valuable time?

doctor jambo
I think he is a joke. No class and no respect for the supporters.

Unlike the much vaunted Mark Mghee "I am part of the Celtic family"

And Tango " I would sook off Ironside for a joab with Rrrangers"

Aye, loads of class there and respect for their fans

Mixu- "we new we would lose to Elfsborg, it is just a warm up, that'll be ?15 per ticket please. kerching!"

And so on and so forth

I think those sorts of rambling nonsense interviews say more about VR than any of the sanitised reports on the website (other than the monkeys ones).

Perhaps so, but that's a matter of personal opinion.

If you want to place that much importance upon what he says to Reporting Scotland then you may as well afford the same level of credibility to anything printed/reported by the media in general.

He doesn't have a great relationship with them, we know that. When it doesn't involve Vladimir speaking directly, we're usually quick enough to recognise that. I think we should be doing the same in this instance.

Why not? What harm would there have been?

What good would it have done? That's the other way to look at it.

As it is, I think he did take it relatively seriously...he does discuss things which are important to us, he just so happens to have made a slightly iffy joke too.

That's all. In the grand scheme of things, is it really worth thinking about too much...never mind getting upset?

Francis Albert

Thought it was quite funny myself. Not as good as Roman's response to the AGM question "what happens when your father dies" (Well he won't be picking the team then) but not bad.

Guest JamboRobbo
What good would it have done?

Given fans some more info as to what is going on?

That's the other way to look at it.

As it is, I think he did take it relatively seriously...he does discuss things which are important to us, he just so happens to have made a slightly iffy joke too.

I must have missed that bit. :P

That's all. In the grand scheme of things, is it really worth thinking about too much...never mind getting upset?

Is anything to do with football worth thinking about as much as we do? I for one am certainly not "upset" about it. I'm way past the stage of letting Vlads words or actions upset me. Just giving my honest opinion on the subject.

Drylaw Hearts

I think you've hit the nail on the head.

:)

rememberwilliegibson
A little dig at Vlad again in todays Sun headline.It's obviously said in jest but they have taken it as gospel.Two page spread on Vlad,he certainly has come back with a bang.

aye but there s many a true word said in jest :mad:

He doesn't have a great relationship with them, we know that. .

He doesnt have a great relationship (if any) with us either!!

Maybe he's just taking the pish out of everyone...

Archived