HEARTS TARGET HOLLOWAY

jamboboetjie

shaun.lawson

About time! I know such an appointment wouldn't go down well with many after his time at Leicester - but his record with Plymouth and QPR was very good, and at the Walkers', he was dealing with a playing staff which didn't know whether it was coming and going after the owner's meddling.

Sound familiar, anyone? Only Simon Grayson at Blackpool has similar experience of managing under such a figure, and if left alone, I think Holloway would do well for us. He and Vlad might even get on too: they're both utter mentalists, after all.

The coaching badges could be a problem, though - and of course, this is only the Daily Express.

Geoff Kilpatrick

It would never work. Vlad would be jealous that Holloway would outscore him in the "talking bollocks to the press" stakes.

jamboboetjie

Quotes by

Ian Holloway

I reckon the ball was travelling at 400mph, and I bet it burned the keeper's eyebrows off. [after a 2-0 win at Crewe]

Ian Holloway quote

I mean no respect to Donatella. I'm sure she would not be flattered to hear she looks like Marc Bircham.

Ian Holloway quote

I've got to get Dan ****tu ready for the Stoke game. I've told him to go to Iceland and ask if he can sit in one of their freezers

Ian Holloway quote

There was a spell in the second half when I took my heart off my sleeve and put it in my mouth

Ian Holloway quote

Right now, everything is going wrong for me - if I fell in a barrel of boobs, I'd come out sucking my thumb!

Ian Holloway quote

To the people who booed - boo to you!

Ian Holloway quote :)

We're 5-0 down with a minute to go on this one.

Ian Holloway quote

When my mum was running our house, when I was a kid, all the money was put into tins. She knew what was in every tin and I know how much I've got in my tin - that's the way we'll run this club.

Ian Holloway quote

Generic Username

I'd take him.

I think it's got to the stage now though where we can't afford to be TOO picky regarding a manager.

Anyone outwith the pyramid is a big yes, Holloway obviously ticks the British football box and as Shaun pointed out he has a pretty decent record before going to the Walkers.

Why not I say.

Geoff Kilpatrick

To be honest, I wouldn't mind Holloway. He did a decent job at Plymouth then jumped to Leicester, a bigger club but run shambolically by Mandaric (how did he ever get Portsmouth to the Premiership?).

It is the Sexpress though, so I'm treating it with healthy scepticism.

Shotgun-Boogie

I'm just happy yo have my hopes built up for the next 48 hours until he turns us down. YIPPEE!

Do The Dance
He would be a horrific appointment.

He's frickin wired to the moon.

Fit in well?

BobbyJenkins

An horrific appointment?! Just a wee bit over the top no?

The Mighty Thor

I take it the Daily Express is working on the principle of law of averages;

Announce enough 'exclusives' over the summer and you're bound to get one right eventually.

Holloway and Romanov wouldn't work. Both George Raft.

Charlie-Brown

Will he be working with Malofeev and Thordarson who already manage the team according to recent exclusives?

vegas-voss

Agreed we don't need a laugh we need someone who can turn our shambles around.

winston churchill

he's a wee bam,so i guess he would fit right in.

for what it's worth,i dont think it will happen.

Drylaw Hearts
An horrific appointment?! Just a wee bit over the top no?

Nope.

I think he's mental.

Really mental.

Not the man for us at all.

Will he be working with Malofeev and Thordarson who already manage the team according to recent exclusives?

Has Malofeev arrived already?

Well, at least he isn't part of the mafia.

While he would be good comedy value, I'm not sure about this one.

Imagine him and chesney after match.

I think he'd be great but would only last until after the motherwell match before getting booted for calling Miko something highly offensive.

Walter Kidd

Decent track record with most clubs apart from Leicester. Who does that sound like???

bilstonjambo

for what its worth, the same story is on the back page of the daily star aswell.

HHHmmm

Generally speaking I'd take Holloway.

I just cant see how his relationship with Vlad would last longer than around 3 months.

But Hearts are anxious about his lack of coaching badges??

Since Rix left, how many months have we had a coach in charge of us who had his badges? We've practically invented the position of semi-permanent interim coach to avoid this requirement!!

I dont want to have searched for a manager for 7 months for him to be gone in half the time for everyone on here to justify another 7 month search (it couldnt be justified, but can we be bothered with the arguments)

With the length of time this search has taken this guy needs to be in the job for a season at least....so it needs to be as risk free as possible

Seymour M Hersh
I take it the Daily Express is working on the principle of law of averages;

Announce enough 'exclusives' over the summer and you're bound to get one right eventually.

Holloway and Romanov wouldn't work. Both George Raft.

Isn't that how all the tabloids work? Must be if you think of the chic dung/record/Scottish sun "exclusives" over the years that have come to nowt.

Daily Express is the worst out of the rags for reporting rubbish so I doubt it, though I would be pretty happy if he was appointed....

And the interviews would be brilliant!

for what its worth, the same story is on the back page of the daily star aswell.

The sister paper of The Express.

Would be an interesting move and as has been said he's worked under a looney in his time.

Hmmm - jurys out on this one.

Billy the Jambo

I hope this is a load of crap Holloway is a clown an even bigger clown than the mad one if thats possible

Has anyone seen the clip of him being interviewed after a game where he compares the p!ss-poor quality of his team whilst winning the game with pulling an ugly chick at the bar and taking her home??

Absolute comedy gold ;)

EDIT: here it is... ClIcKy

He's spoken to the 'press' about the job, so that's him ruled out!:wacko:

that was my thinking, how many of vlad's appointees have we known about before they came in?

seems to me he's probably talked to us, doesnt fancy it/been knocked back and is now going public to remind everyone he's out of a job.

could just be gettin synical but hey ho thats life as a jambo right now.

for what its worth i'd take him more for what it would represent (non pyramid and presumably not taking puppet role) than any genuine expectation of success.

be a step in right direction

The Real Maroonblood

He would be in good company with Romanov.

Anyway he won't get the job because he has a Scottish connection.

So that's Billy Brown and Holloway getting the job according to them - unless one will be assistant manager.

Guest JamboRobbo

he'd do for me, mainly cause if Vlad gave him any ****, you can guarantee he'd come out and let us know.

Chad Sexington

I cant see it happening.

He wouldn't be as bad an appointment as some think though, IMO.

Yes he's a loony, but maybe he and Vlad would actually get along better for it.

Kindred spirits and all that.

:wacko:

Nelly Terraces

Held initial talks with HMFC apparently. Just reported on Sky Sports News.

Thoughts?

just on sky- hollmway confirms agent talked with jambos. He doesn't have pro leicense but his assistant does. He wants the gig!

Nelly Terraces

Oops, just spotted another thread on the same subject. Kill this one cheers mods, I'm still half asleep!!

Victor Meldrew

He and Vlad would be able to work together for about 5 minutes. And that would be on a good day.

A Plymouth supporting mate called him Ian Hollow words, months ago, I should have explored his ratonale for that statement. In fact I might do that just now.

Archived