Celtic V Hearts League Cup Memories

7628mm

A far from ideal draw in the League Cup but we have done it before and just to let us all bask in the glory that was Andrius Velicka back in 2008.

Please accept my apologies for the very poor quality of the video but the second is a thing of exquisite beauty.

Shanks said no

In 2008 I took my then 13/14 year old son to Parkhead for the first experience of the dark side. Fair blew him away seeing us knock out an ugly. I had to stress it wasn’t the norm. 

26 minutes ago, EH11 2NL said:

Did Mikey Stewart no dump them out in the league cup a few years after that aswell? 

He did, with a penalty 

colinmaroon
57 minutes ago, Herbert said:

Mind they pumped us by 7 in the cup, bet Robbie has his eyes on that record.

Herbert thr Hibby.  You and plastic man, flying around looking for anything you can lay your maggot producing eggs on.

8 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Herbert thr Hibby.  You and plastic man, flying around looking for anything you can lay your maggot producing eggs on.

Jesus would be sad If he seen you calling people maggots.

Edited by Herbert

SectionDJambo
1 hour ago, Herbert said:

That would be the one where we just had the young boys available during administration and Collum gave them a very dubious penalty when it was already 5-0. I remember the morons in the Roseburn predicting that we were goung bust. They got that wrong as well as their more recent prediction of 10 titles in a row.

The 2-2 League Cup tie in 1989/90 was one of the most entertaining games I've witnessed.

Led at half time thanks to a cracking Scott Crabbe free kick, Celtic, unfortunately, equalised in the second half to force extra time.

Looked over when Celtic took the lead but Robbo came off the bench for his first appearance of the season and scored a last gasp equaliser.

Bit of a swift comedown though as our penalties were honking and Celtic went through.

Cracking match though and the stadium crackled with the 25k packed in.

3 minutes ago, Boab said:

Great night, as was the next season when we done the same. Not many victories at Parkhead but they were two goodies.

Amazing that we won three successive cup ties against Celtic in Glasgow. The two League Cup wins at Parkhead then the 2012 Hampden semi.

Remarkable given our otherwise honking record in Glasgow against the OF.

5 minutes ago, martoon said:

Amazing that we won three successive cup ties against Celtic in Glasgow. The two League Cup wins at Parkhead then the 2012 Hampden semi.

Remarkable given our otherwise honking record in Glasgow against the OF.

It is, mate, but was at all the league games there in that period and thankfully seen most of it drunk !

3fingersreid
2 hours ago, 7628mm said:

A far from ideal draw in the League Cup but we have done it before and just to let us all bask in the glory that was Andrius Velicka back in 2008.

Please accept my apologies for the very poor quality of the video but the second is a thing of exquisite beauty.

The stand side linesman that allowed the game to go on , I grew up with , big Hearts man and ST holder 😀

Bazzas right boot

Certain folk trying too hard now to be negative and edgy. 

Robbo knocking them out is one I remember being at. 

The lc in general has been an absolute shite show in my lifetime and I don't have hope for it ending this season. 

Tommy Brown
2 hours ago, EH11 2NL said:

Did Mikey Stewart no dump them out in the league cup a few years after that aswell? 

Can only find the full game.

Wind forward to about 56 mins into the game.

Also in injury time, where McManus gets sent off for scything Driver.

Tommy Brown
2 hours ago, Herbert said:

Your not doing yourself any favours Herb.

7-0 was Gomis being sent off in about 8 minutes, the Gollam being his worst for the rest of the match.

We lost 3-1 at Parkhead also in LC and had given them a good run, maybe Sow missing a penalty to make it 1 -1.

1 minute ago, Tommy Brown said:

7-0 was Gomis being sent off in about 8 minutes, the Gollam being his worst for the rest of the match.

We lost 3-1 at Parkhead also in LC and had given them a good run, maybe Sow missing a penalty to make it 1 -1.

It's awright what's the worst that they will say I'm a hobo. I've had that for days.

HamishMcGonagall
12 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Aye, I think Walker hit the bar just before half time in that game too that would've had us in lead at half time. Played well that night.

Fitzroy Pointon

Robbo's extra-time goal, with a a decimated team, youngsters playing and a English veteran shoring it up at the back, up against a team featuring Van Hooijdonk, Thom, Cadete and Di Canio has to be the best. 

Fitzroy Pointon
45 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Gomis was the 4-0 game. The 7-0 game was the previous season under Locke.  

Quite the record we have. 

Tommy Brown
12 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Gomis was the 4-0 game. The 7-0 game was the previous season under Locke.  

Quite the record we have. 

👍

4 hours ago, 7628mm said:

Was oor craig in goals for them in that game?

Tommy Brown
3 minutes ago, rubyruby said:

Was oor craig in goals for them in that game?

2008 he would be at Sunderland

He joined them about 2014 or 15

colinmaroon
4 hours ago, Herbert said:

Jesus is very sad.  He gave you a brain and you have wasted the gift.

You read my post and in typical post-post modern thinking had a brain fart.  Where do you deduce the correlation between maggots and people?   Senseless speculation.

Just now, colinmaroon said:

Jesus is very sad.  He gave you a brain and you have wasted the gift.

You read my post and in typical post-post modern thinking had a brain fart.  Where do you deduce the correlation between maggots and people?   Senseless speculation.

Not really. I use my brain obviously you don't if you think someone's views on football are related to their intelligence.

colinmaroon
1 minute ago, Herbert said:

Not really. I use my brain obviously you don't if you think someone's views on football are related to their intelligence.

Perhaps not but your posts are!

Perhaps not but your posts are!

Really so my posts on kickback are what makes me as a person? You get what I am from some Shite I post on here, by god your good.

colinmaroon
2 minutes ago, Herbert said:

Really so my posts on kickback are what makes me as a person? You get what I am from some Shite I post on here, by god your good.

Just not a Herbert.

Just not a Herbert.

You’ve clearly got nothing worth saying with that childish response so why bother? Just walk away.

Forever Hearts
5 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

The stand side linesman that allowed the game to go on , I grew up with , big Hearts man and ST holder 😀

Name? 

6 hours ago, Herbert said:

Don't think he's on Kickback, mate. 

7 hours ago, Herbert said:

What the **** goes through someone's head to post this utter drivel, but also do it less than 10 posts into a thread?   Plenty of other threads for you to go and ruin. 

21 minutes ago, tian447 said:

What the **** goes through someone's head to post this utter drivel, but also do it less than 10 posts into a thread?   Plenty of other threads for you to go and ruin. 

I already have, I've been like a tornado on here the last 24hrs, I'm honestly struggling to keep up with the hate I'm getting 😂 you guys will be glad when I'm back at work.

AC Mallin_51
8 hours ago, EH11 2NL said:

Yes and what kills me about that is we absolutely chucked the semi against St Midden

8 minutes ago, Herbert said:

I already have, I've been like a tornado on here the last 24hrs, I'm honestly struggling to keep up with the hate I'm getting 😂 you guys will be glad when I'm back at work.

Aye, full of wind !

🙂

6 minutes ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

Yes and what kills me about that is we absolutely chucked the semi against St Midden

Shocker. Fir Park ?

Another bad night at the office. Beat the demons, all we had to do was take care of St Mirren and blew it.

50 minutes ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

Well remembered. The semi at Motherwell? Absolutely baltic that night.