Footballer arrested over child sex allegations

Tazio

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

I agree with your sentiment but you miss out many good things and even some bad things. 

Many a cat has been found alive and safe due to the power of fb or a jumper returned. That alone is worth everything...... 

Plenty shagging goes on too which is worthy of a mention.  Perish the thought of those dark days when we had to actually go up and put work in for a shag.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• i8hibsh

• Pasquale for King

• Francis Albert

• Hackney Hearts

4 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Once convicted the list of pedos in your area is available to the public. I agreethough there is a balance needed but everyone is innocent until proven guilty and the damage done whilst accused can be life changing.

I do agree , i just think its a very difficult thing to be so black and white about. What the answer is I don’t know. I guess it depends on the severity and pysch evaluations wether there is an immediate risk on if its made public to those in close proximity. In Sigurdssons case and I suppose Griffiths its possible to argue its unnecessary to be made public

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Neighbours, nosey cow. 

Should have went with Isa from "Still game" , more relevant and relatable. 🤷‍♂️

I still shout "who the **** does this guy think he is, Nigel Mansell" when some prick speeds along the road.

2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

His name is all over the web. What a *****

The situation or the alleged person?

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

Plenty shagging goes on too which is worthy of a mention.  Perish the thought of those dark days when we had to actually go up and put work in for a shag.

Missed the boat on that, married too long. 

Missed that particular benefit. 

I Had to dance and slide across the dance floor and bust out some moves, not swipe right on my phone. 

Pasquale for King
40 minutes ago, number-16 said:

Apart from the fact we haven't seen the messages (the player in England may have sent something substantially different from camera emojis) the police would be operating under two different legal systems.

I would imagine both are similar in this regard, it’s illegal in Scotland to ask anyone under 18 for photos of themselves. Has Griffiths been arrested?

Pasquale for King
15 minutes ago, Busby8 said:

I must have missed that transfer news from Celtic to Everton .

I think it might be the other way now?

Hackney Hearts
52 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Good

Connecting with a guy or girl you barely knew at school 25 years ago and now find out about every second of their lives you really don't give the slightest **** about

Helping to get the message out about missing persons

Keeping nosey parkers up to date with shit that should not concern their wee Mrs Mangle lives about

Excuse me - why the hell is JKB missing from this list? 🤷‍♂️

For that reason alone you lose all credibility.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
14 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I would imagine both are similar in this regard, it’s illegal in Scotland to ask anyone under 18 for photos of themselves. Has Griffiths been arrested?

Griffiths has been cleared I thought. Nasty business these threads 

Pasquale for King
Just now, Sir Gio said:

I didn’t know that, strange as he clearly broke the law on asking under 18s for pictures.
It’s quite difficult these days to work out what folk actually have to do to get the police to act. 

8 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Excuse me - why the hell is JKB missing from this list? 🤷‍♂️

For that reason alone you lose all credibility.

It is but it is filed under 'Woke' and 'Virtue Signalling'.

Hackney Hearts
Just now, i8hibsh said:

Not all of it surely?

You yourself have contributed 33,525 times to "the biggest evil to hit the world in modern times".

(and that's just on JKB, not sure if you've used any other social media)

A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

I didn’t know that, strange as he clearly broke the law on asking under 18s for pictures.
It’s quite difficult these days to work out what folk actually have to do to get the police to act. 

I assume he's only been "cleared" because you could not prove in a court of law that sending the camera emoji in response to someones public Instagram story, equates to asking a minor for naughty photos, therefore he can't be charged. Even though that is exactly what it is.

lost in space
53 minutes ago, Spitonastranger said:

You just accused the BBC of terrifying us and look at your first sentance 😀

Was reading through thread and was just going to post similar.

I am too scared to leave the house now!

14 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

You don't know what he did. You know what was reported.

A_A wehatethehibs
Just now, jambopilms said:

The screenshots are freely available online 

2 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

AHH, didn't know that. Apologies.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
9 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

I assume he's only been "cleared" because you could not prove in a court of law that sending the camera emoji in response to someones public Instagram story, equates to asking a minor for naughty photos, therefore he can't be charged. Even though that is exactly what it is.

Your not in a position to say that though. 

The authorities will be alert to any danger 

17 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

You realise that you are doing exactly the same thing, but from what some may describe as an alt-right perspective?

3 minutes ago, Boris said:

You realise that you are doing exactly the same thing, but from what some may describe as an alt-right perspective?

Just keeping it real 🙂

Auldbenches
43 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I think it might be the other way now?

We would here about the development fee Celtic were due if it was the other way round.  

Pasquale for King
21 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Yeah seems likely. A bit like O’Connor getting off with flashing his boaby.

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

We would here about the development fee Celtic were due if it was the other way round.  

Should change it to a grooming fee surely?

A_A wehatethehibs
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah seems likely. A bit like O’Connor getting off with flashing his boaby.

There's class, then there's Hibs class. 

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Yes I know what he did because it was reported and the screenshots clearly show it. Are you defending someone who asked a 15 year old girl for pictures?

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

There's class, then there's Hibs class. 

Indeed 👍🏽

Pasquale for King
20 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

There’s a thread on here with the pictures too, all circumstantial no doubt according to some others on here. 

7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yes I know what he did because it was reported and the screenshots clearly show it. Are you defending someone who asked a 15 year old girl for pictures?

No. I didn't realise the screenshots were out there, so made an assumption that he was guilty because the media said so. I apologized a few posts up for making this assumption. I jumped in with two feet without knowing anything about the subject.

Edited by jambopilms

plastic_bas
1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY. 

There can simply be no exceptions to this rule or you undermine our entire foundation for justice.

I think most right thinking individuals understand this, even if they're curious who's been accused. 

They'd also ponder whether your crazed and panicky rants on the issue are a sign of a man desperate for someone, anyone, to stand by them when the shit inevitably hits the fan for his/her crimes.

You claim to hate social media but you populate this board with the same name calling, bitterness and uninformed opinions that ruins twitter et al. for reasonable people. Odd. 

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

No. I didn't realise the screenshots were out there, so made an assumption that he was guilty because the media said so. I apologized a few posts up for making this assumption. I jumped in with two feet without knowing anything about the subject.

No probs 👍🏽

2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

The media really are scum and so are all the wanna be journalists in planet Twitter and Facebook.

Not even clicking on the BBC link - they are just an abhorrent institution.

Clicking on the BBC every day would lead anyone to think that we are a country of wall to wall sex offenders, child raping racists all about to die from the nuclear meltdown that is covid19.

Would not give them the steam of my piss.

This is the first time that I 100% agree with you.  

3 minutes ago, plastic_bas said:

I think most right thinking individuals understand this, even if they're curious who's been accused. 

They'd also ponder whether your crazed and panicky rants on the issue are a sign of a man desperate for someone, anyone, to stand by them when the shit inevitably hits the fan for his/her crimes.

You claim to hate social media but you populate this board with the same name calling, bitterness and uninformed opinions that ruins twitter et al. for reasonable people. Odd. 

A newbie eh.

You wont last long with insinuations like that.

Not sure how anyone, even by JKB standards could pick a fight with the following post:

INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY. 

There can simply be no exceptions to this rule or you undermine our entire foundation for justice.

Mr Elwood P
2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

I go on here as I am a Hearts supporter.  I don't come on to ruin people's lives.

Ruin this forum with your nonsense though ….

1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Ruin this forum with your nonsense though ….

I like to think I bring something to the table.

lost in space
9 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

This is the first time that I 100% agree with you.  

Tas or i8 - what do you expect bbc to report on? Do you want them to report on incidents of no interest? 

Eg - " we have a reporter in Melrose, where nothing happened today. Let's go to our reporter there....."

They report on unusual incidents and crimes. By reporting on them - we know they are not the "norm".

8 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I like to think I bring something to the table.

You've driven more away from the table than your ever likely to bring. 

On topic, hope it's a mix up but don't care either way really.

1 hour ago, lost in space said:

Was reading through thread and was just going to post similar.

I am too scared to leave the house now!

🤣

59 minutes ago, Boris said:

Or its to protect himself based on his thread in times gone by.

29 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

A newbie eh.

You wont last long with insinuations like that.

Not sure how anyone, even by JKB standards could pick a fight with the following post:

Ok so where do all these allegations etc place in relation to your bus and schoolgirl thread? Thats why people think it sounds like projection. Something you clearly ignored in order to continue to pollute the thread without actually addressing a very decent point. You have zero credibility in this discussion based on your past indiscretions and admissions

1 minute ago, sadj said:

🤣

Or its to protect himself based on his thread in times gone by.

Ok so where do all these allegations etc place in relation to your bus and schoolgirl thread? Thats why people think it sounds like projection. Something you clearly ignored in order to continue to pollute the thread without actually addressing a very decent point. You have zero credibility in this discussion based on your past indiscretions and admissions

:clyay:

lost in space
7 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

The BBC being impartial and not using constant propaganda would be a start.  Examples of such are the confirmed actors they have used to pretend to be in hospital with covid.  Their constant use of woman and children pictures of refugees arriving on our shores (even though time and time again it is proven not to be the case).

I would also like to see them put their foot on the break (even just slightly) on their obsession with gender and race equality.  I’d love to see them stop their constant diversity hires – it really is beyond the stage of even being acceptable.

They should be impartial but being far left, politically correct, using affirmative action and enforcing diversity everywhere is not impartial.  BAME and LGBT are very disproportionately over-represented throughout when taking UK demographics into consideration.  They seem to have an overwhelming narrative of white straight men being the bad guy – this is not impartial.

Anyway **** them, I no longer pay them a penny and even if I was a billionaire I would not waste 1p of my cash saving any of them from the scrapheap.

Thanks for expanding. I actually agree that they over represent in some areas - and this is probably down to them selecting editors that fit the agenda of the interview panel.

Re actors/covid - not good but I would think/hope that was isolated incident.

It is ridiculous that they have a black presenter when dealing with racial issues and disabled presenter when dealing with their issues.

Maybe too right wing in the past, they do seem to be managed by minority groups now.

The court of public opinion is very different from a court of law.

The law is meant to try breaches of society's norms as codified as laws. Since it also punishes there is a requirement to reach a certain level of proof - beyond reasonable doubt. There are plenty of cases where the prosecution falls short of this and either the case never reaches court or it is found Not Proven. 

The court of public opinion has no requirement of proof. Everyone decides for him or herself. Likewise the punishments are less, ranging from nothing to public vilification and possible loss of employment.

Edited by Spellczech

2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I think in his case, as mentioned, there wasn't quite enough proof that that's what he was getting at, even though it's clear that's what he was hinting for. He's a stupid laddie, but played it just clever enough to avoid any criminality. Then again, not sure the exact specifics of that law. Not sure if you physically have to send or receive nude pictures to break that law, or if merely asking is enough. All a bit bizarre in some respects though as sleeping with said 16-year old would've been completely legal.

I can only assume the girl was in fact 16. I saw some say 15, but I'm sure that sending more than 2 messages to someone under the age of 16 qualifies as child grooming and he definitely sent more than 2, so if she was 15, he could've been arrested for that I think.  

32 minutes ago, tian447 said:

:clyay:

Don't really want to reply direct to sadj as I do not care for him at all but if you can get the thread in question up, we can disect it and go through it.

5 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Don't really want to reply direct to sadj as I do not care for him at all but if you can get the thread in question up, we can disect it and go through it.

Arite I8 don’t have an Eppy!!!  @tian447 can debate it with you once we get an answer on wether that particular thread is still available.

@davemclaren can you confirm if the thread being discussed where i8 decided to ask us if he was a paedo or just a local pervert for being aroused at the schoolgirls on the bus is even still on the servers or was lost in the massive update that was done? 

davemclaren
7 minutes ago, sadj said:

Arite I8 don’t have an Eppy!!!  @tian447 can debate it with you once we get an answer on wether that particular thread is still available.

@davemclaren can you confirm if the thread being discussed where i8 decided to ask us if he was a paedo or just a local pervert for being aroused at the schoolgirls on the bus is even still on the servers or was lost in the massive update that was done? 

No idea tbh. 

6 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

No idea tbh. 

Can't even remember what it was called but it would be good to satisfy the guy's lust to provoke and antagonise.

Iirc it was about "perving as you get older" - don't even think it was my thread.

Anyway,  this being the Terrace and all that, I will get back to this football (ish) related thread.

Edited by i8hibsh

bigsuperslim1874
3 hours ago, sadj said:

What the **** is a mrs mangle???

Mrs Mangle was a nosey doogooder on Neighbours circa 1990 IIRC 🤣