• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• i8hibsh

• Pasquale for King

• Francis Albert

• Hackney Hearts

I P Knightley
3 hours ago, lost in space said:

Was reading through thread and was just going to post similar.

I am too scared to leave the house now!

Turn off all the electricity and cut the cables to the internet. They're gonna get you.

3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I didn’t know that, strange as he clearly broke the law on asking under 18s for pictures.
It’s quite difficult these days to work out what folk actually have to do to get the police to act. 

He clearly didn’t break the law as the police have investigated and publicly confirmed he didn’t.

There have probably been about 1,000 of these type of threads on kickback over the while, whether it be racism, sexual assault etc etc and the vast majority I reckon are in cases where the person has been cleared.  There is never an apology etc - it is just simply another day to the pitchfork mob.

Will this one be any different?  I doubt it.

Francis Albert
5 hours ago, Hackney Hearts said:

I accept that it's probably accidental.  👍

Just that your statement was a tiny bit hyperbolic - if you'd said social media can be a force for good as well as a force for evil, then fairy nuff.

JKB is overWHELMingly a force for good, obviously.

What are the beneficial aspects of social media?

Pasquale for King
13 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

He clearly didn’t break the law as the police have investigated and publicly confirmed he didn’t.

Asking under 18s for pictures is against the law, whether they could prove it in a court of law as he used an emoji is probably the reason he got off with it. Not all breaches of the law are prosecuted nowadays, you only have to look at the UK government to see that and why. 

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Asking under 18s for pictures is against the law, whether they could prove it in a court of law as he used an emoji is probably the reason he got off with it. Not all breaches of the law are prosecuted nowadays, you only have to look at the UK government to see that and why. 

They quite clearly stated they had investigated and no offence was committed. That leaves no room for debate don’t you think ?

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

They quite clearly stated they had investigated and no offence was committed. That leaves no room for debate don’t you think ?

Nope, the law clearly states you cannot ask an under 18 for pictures. Is that clear enough for you or these incompetent *****?

Using this 📸 instead of the word pictures meant he got away with it.
Nice of you to stand up for the horrible little racist paedo Hibs ***** though 👍🏽👏🏾.

5C7177EA-C96C-42D7-AC73-E9F5D979589F.jpeg

Edited by Pasquale for King
Info

Hackney Hearts
18 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

What are the beneficial aspects of social media?

There are none, apart from certain parts of JKB.

14 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Nope, the law clearly states you cannot ask an under 18 for pictures. Is that clear enough for you or these incompetent *****?

Using this 📸 instead of the word pictures meant he got away with it.
Nice of you to stand up for the horrible little racist paedo Hibs ***** though 👍🏽👏🏾.

Fair enough mate. You’ll not have any issue if you or yours is publicly accused of something and publicly cleared then being assumed to be guilty in that case 

Edited by JimmyCant

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

Fair enough mate. You’ll not have any issue if you or yours is publicly accused of something and publicly cleared being assumed to be guilty in that case 

No I wouldn’t be happy at all but if they’re totally innocent then no real harm done, not proven or not enough evidence is a completely different thing. This is the second time Griffiths has been accused of this, he closed his initial twitter account in 2012 due to the allegations. 

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

No I wouldn’t be happy at all but if they’re totally innocent then no real harm done, not proven or not enough evidence is a completely different thing. This is the second time Griffiths has been accused of this, he closed his initial twitter account in 2012 due to the allegations. 

Collateral damage eh.

PfK I can't stress this enough..................once accused of something so heinous and evil as murder, rape, racism, child abuse etc - you NEVER clean off the stigma.  It is there for life and you are branded.

There will always be a cloud of suspicion and shadows of doubt.  There will always be whispers, people crossing the street to avoid you - it is life changing and damaging for the duration of your life.

You can be cleared with absolute certainty and it will still affect future employment opportunities, friendships and relationships.

This shit is not calling someone a big stinking poo poo head, this is absolute game changing shit.

The sooner the internet trolls, sleuths and plain right vile social media mobs understand this the better.

I say it time and time again but these threads should be closed instantly.  I really like JKB but one day it is going to get into some serious bother.

Francis Albert
16 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

There are none, apart from certain parts of JKB.

I don't remember when exactly JKB first started but I think it was in the last century before the term social media was much used and before today's social media platforms and networks existed. I don't really think of JKB as social media and I have never used any other form of social media if that is what it is. There may be plusses but to me the phenomenon seems overwhelmingly negative.

Francis Albert
23 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

"totally innocent" is an interesting term. What does it mean? Is being less than totally innocent being "slightly guilty"?

Edited by Francis Albert

20 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

No offence committed. That means he is totally innocent of a crime in the justice system we have. In fact there was no crime.

Edited by JimmyCant

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

No offence committed. That means he is totally innocent of a crime in the justice system we have. In fact there was no crime.

Are you his lawyer, have you seen the messages he was sending a fifteen year old girl ffs? Can’t believe your defending him. Police didn’t investigate Jimmy Saville either. 

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Collateral damage eh.

PfK I can't stress this enough..................once accused of something so heinous and evil as murder, rape, racism, child abuse etc - you NEVER clean off the stigma.  It is there for life and you are branded.

There will always be a cloud of suspicion and shadows of doubt.  There will always be whispers, people crossing the street to avoid you - it is life changing and damaging for the duration of your life.

You can be cleared with absolute certainty and it will still affect future employment opportunities, friendships and relationships.

This shit is not calling someone a big stinking poo poo head, this is absolute game changing shit.

The sooner the internet trolls, sleuths and plain right vile social media mobs understand this the better.

All of that is completely different from Sigurdsson where there’s obviously proof and Griffiths where it’s clear what he was after from a 15yo girl. 
Neither these two deserve any sympathy, someone like Cliff Richard does (can’t believe I’ve typed that 🙈). 

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

"totally innocent" is an interesting term. What does it mean? "slightly guilty"?

It’s means what it says, no proof. Would you agree there was proof with Griffiths for example?

Francis Albert
3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It’s means what it says, no proof. Would you agree there was proof with Griffiths for example?

I am in no position to know.

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I am in no position to know.

Nip across to the Griffiths thread and have a look at the screenshots where he asks a 15yo girl for pictures. 
Celtic sent him home from their training camp, they clearly took it more serious than the Police did and thought he had done something wrong. Rare for them I know. 

Francis Albert
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Nip across to the Griffiths thread and have a look at the screenshots where he asks a 15yo girl for pictures. 
Celtic sent him home from their training camp, they clearly took it more serious than the Police did and thought he had done something wrong. Rare for them I know. 

Fortunately we don't have trial by social media. 

Although in a sense unfortunately we do.

Lots of lives have been ruined by it.

18 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

What a ****ing car crash of a thread. 

you could say that about most threads 

On these threads there is a general tendency to suggest the "Law" will prove all, I can assure you in thirty six years of the law from a raw recruit in Edinburgh City Police to a Chief Superintendent thirty six years later I saw many guilty, really guilty men discharged from Court free of their crimes because of smart lawyers, I have also seen some questionable findings of guilt based solely on the evidence of two well experienced policemen who by their presentation and absolute sincerity had cases mebbe a wee bit shaky proven and a justified punishment imposed. However trial by internet is to me totally useless, and is in danger of causing a Civil Action against posters on Internet Foums.

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

Collateral damage eh.

Don't really agree with you kn anything but it's hard to disagree with any points made here.

Good post. 

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Are you his lawyer, have you seen the messages he was sending a fifteen year old girl ffs? Can’t believe your defending him. Police didn’t investigate Jimmy Saville either. 

Nope haven’t seen them. I’m not deeply enough obsessed about his nefarious activities to go and look either. I’m not defending him. I just couldn’t care less about what he is alleged to have done when it’s already been investigated and dismissed. You crack on though. But crack on with someone Of like mind will ya pal and do us a favour 

Hackney Hearts
1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

There may be plusses but to me the phenomenon seems overwhelmingly negative.

I think you're probably right. But JKB is undoubtedly part of social media.

Pasquale for King
31 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Nope haven’t seen them. I’m not deeply enough obsessed about his nefarious activities to go and look either. I’m not defending him. I just couldn’t care less about what he is alleged to have done when it’s already been investigated and dismissed. You crack on though. But crack on with someone Of like mind will ya pal and do us a favour 

I believe you answered a post I made, so if I have deciphered that gobbledygook properly if you don’t want to talk

about why start it 😂

3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

When I first heard about what Griffiths had done my reaction was that he was incredibly stupid, but once I saw the actual texts I changed my view entirely to that he was actually incredibly clever...It was almost like he knew exactly that the law said and just stopped short of stepping over that line. It was a bit creepy, but it also seemed like the girl might've been getting prompted by an agent provocateur...

Francis Albert
4 hours ago, Hackney Hearts said:

I think you're probably right. But JKB is undoubtedly part of social media.

If you say so but JKB was around before social media was recognised as a thing.

7 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

I don't remember when exactly JKB first started but I think it was in the last century before the term social media was much used and before today's social media platforms and networks existed. I don't really think of JKB as social media and I have never used any other form of social media if that is what it is. There may be plusses but to me the phenomenon seems overwhelmingly negative.

I cannot give an act date but I got my first computer in the mid to late nineties. Never had one before so messed around googling my old Regiment and Hearts. Found a web page by a member on here now, son of a Hearts goalie who had his own web page. I can't for the life of me remember if it was Kickback then but Bill was shutting down his own page and recommended this one. It has gone through a number of changes and organizers in its time, almost as many as I have gone through user names, I keep locking myself out of my computers and having to get help to get back. Without kissing ass, I do have to say that the present group responsible for our enjoyment have been the most professional and competent always ready to help group we have had, I guess I am about a twenty year member mebbe not quite so long, but unless I am permanently banned for some of my misdeeds hope to see at least another twenty. You are correct the Social Media tag is fairly new, I seem to remember we just said on the computer, or when being real cool said the "net.

Hackney Hearts
2 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

I think the term social media gained traction around 2004, and I'm sure a version of JKB pre-dates that. But that doesn't stop either the original or the subsequent incarnations of Kickback falling under the definition, irrespective of when it was coined.

Sorry, this may have wandered seriously off topic... (that's social media for you)

Edited by Hackney Hearts

Unknown user
7 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

It predates the term but how does that mean it's not social media?

Dogs predate the name Dog, but they were still dogs.

Governor Tarkin
21 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

The bad outweighs the good on a quite stratospheric level

Good

Connecting with a guy or girl you barely knew at school 25 years ago and now find out about every second of their lives you really don't give the slightest **** about

Helping to get the message out about missing persons

Keeping nosey parkers up to date with shit that should not concern their wee Mrs Mangle lives about

Bad

A playground and buffet for sex offenders and child rapists

Many murders have happened because of social media

People's lives ruined

Job losses

Irreparable reputation damage

Bullying which leads to suicides

Wokeness

Virtue signalling

Becoming the world justice system

I8 for PM imo.

There is a rumour going around that this could be a 'honey trap' and involves the player involved being blackmailed.

We shall see....

jack D and coke
4 hours ago, Cruyff said:

There is a rumour going around that this could be a 'honey trap' and involves the player involved being blackmailed.

We shall see....

I was sent some pics and stuff today that insinuates that aye. Who knows eh…

highlandjambo3
On 20/07/2021 at 16:09, i8hibsh said:

There have probably been about 1,000 of these type of threads on kickback over the while, whether it be racism, sexual assault etc etc and the vast majority I reckon are in cases where the person has been cleared.  There is never an apology etc - it is just simply another day to the pitchfork mob.

Will this one be any different?  I doubt it.

Unfortunately old Cliches like “no smoke without fire” will be banded about as people already make up there minds about what happened (or not).  Getting away with something allows the pitchfork mob to say things like the police were not doing their jobs properly, there is never a notion that just maybe it didn’t happen.  Not defending this person, just saying people should let the system run its course.  People often interpret the action of suspension and an admission of guilt and not an action to allow investigation.  Unfortunately unsocial media fuels this and will continue to do so.

Tommy Brown
17 hours ago, Cruyff said:

We shall see....

I hope this is the case..for the players' sake.

John Findlay
On 20/07/2021 at 22:57, Francis Albert said:

39 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Looking in to it a bit, the first time “social media” was used was in 1997 (Ted Leonsis) and it was used in reference to things like JKB. 

If we are to be nit picky, as I know a certain poster likes to b, then the JKB would be the exact definition of social media. 

Francis Albert
2 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Thanks. Thought it was around in 1998  for the cup win. It was originally part of the official club site but that ended I think when it became one of the main channels for protest against CPR

Francis Albert
2 hours ago, jambo89 said:

Looking in to it a bit, the first time “social media” was used was in 1997 (Ted Leonsis) and it was used in reference to things like JKB. 

If we are to be nit picky, as I know a certain poster likes to b, then the JKB would be the exact definition of social media. 

So when I said JKB existed before the term social media I wasn't nitpicking?

Unknown user
26 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

If taken in isolation, but that was your response to a guy who said jkb is undoubtedly social media.

If you weren't disagreeing what were you doing?

Francis Albert
23 minutes ago, Smithee said:

If taken in isolation, but that was your response to a guy who said jkb is undoubtedly social media.

If you weren't disagreeing what were you doing?

I am flattered by the forensic attention my posts seem to generate with some. I think I said I didn't think of JKB as social media but I don't pay as much attention to my posts as some others do. And I said JKB was around before "social media" as a term was widely used (and indeed it now transpires possibly before the term was even coined). 

Unknown user
Just now, Francis Albert said:

I am flattered by the forensic attention my posts seem to generate with some. I think I said I didn't think of JKB as social media but I don't pay as much attention to my posts as some others do. And I said JKB was around before "social media" as a term was widely used (and indeed it now transpires possibly before the term was even coined). 

Easily flattered! Have a lovely weekend Frankis

3 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

I agree. There is no requirement to engage in discussion. If you want to, you can just post an opinion and leave it at that. I've been on JKB for 15 years and the BBC comments section before that, and not one person from either message board has ever known my real name; I don't tend to be particularly good at remembering other people from one thread to the next; Don't regard anyone as an ally or enemy...there is not much particularly social about any of that!