***EURO 2020 - THE FINAL***

Cade

Spellczech
2 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

The Italians are more battle hardened in this tournament when you have a snapshot of their route to the final and the opposition they’ve faced.  

England have clearly had a high percentage of very winnable games without leaving you think they had plenty left in the tank. There was a good chunk of the game v Denmark where you were left thinking which way the game would swing?  England were hardly showing Rolls Royce football and dominating in a way some of the great teams did in the past. 

However, have they got an X factor about them? As the competition has progressed has fear totally left their minds and no matter the nature of a game, they just believe they’ll win?  It’s a concern. 

It can be overlooked sometimes but bottle is the big thing in a final. Will England be overcome by the emotion of the occasion and whimper out? 

I’m going Italy 2 England 1.   Italy to go in front, England to have a wee resurgence and get an equaliser but don’t have the minerals left to win the game.  Italy nick the winner after taking control again. 

Well I said before the semi that it would be interesting to see England's reaction if they fell behind and all credit to them, they didn't collapse like they did against Iceland last time, and buckled down and forced an OG...

England have a decent chance. I don't think Emerson is nearly as good as Spinazzola and the other FB is a better defender than attacker. I'm also not convinced by Immobile as a danger compared to Kane - both will be falling over like crazy though! 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• milky_26

• vegas-voss

• Hearts007

• Big Slim Stylee

A very real chance it could be 0-0.

I can see a very cagey affair.

Two strong defences and a nullifying of any threats from both sides.

Hope I’m wrong but don’t see a classic here. Could go to pens.

Edited by Boab

No Idle Talk
6 hours ago, HartleyLegend3 said:

My prediction is 2-0 England. They will Score early and it will f-up the Italian plan of soaking up pressure and hitting them on the break. 

Italy will chance and chase the game but the English will be to fast for them. Italy will over stretch and England will score the second and finish the game. 

Have you watched Italy at all in this tournament? That is not how they set out to play.

1 hour ago, Spellczech said:

Well I said before the semi that it would be interesting to see England's reaction if they fell behind and all credit to them, they didn't collapse like they did against Iceland last time, and buckled down and forced an OG...

England have a decent chance. I don't think Emerson is nearly as good as Spinazzola and the other FB is a better defender than attacker. I'm also not convinced by Immobile as a danger compared to Kane - both will be falling over like crazy though! 

Aye.  I think Emerson is decent but it shows the level of influence Spinazzola has on that side.  He’s just better.  But that doesn’t mean you can’t make it up, there’s not a huge chasm of difference in quality.  

I hope Italy are really tuned in. I’d like to see how England handle how they pop the ball about, how it goes from defence, midfield and quickly into someone making a run wide or just inside the player laying it off. It’s really good to see as opposed to the methodical way a lot of teams play now. 

Will Southgate just abandon any fears and go as they are, or will he be having a think of how Italy play and how quickly they can move the ball?

England have arguably got the mobility now in the middle to track back and close down but I don’t think they are as good technically as Italy. 

I think the game will start with Italy looking for the early goal and going at it like they did against Belgium.

I think the match would benefit from England scoring first, because if Italy do so, it could easily become 2-0 Italy and I don't think England have enough quality to claw that back. Conversely, Italy probably could get something backfrom that position ..maybe even with a soft penalty 😁

50 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

Have you watched Italy at all in this tournament? That is not how they set out to play.

It’s Italy. You have to stick to cliches no matter what your eyes tell you. 

Skivingatwork

Really hope they get cheated out of it so I can hear the commentators say they don’t care. After all they’ve never mentioned Maradonna’s handball since 1986 have they? 

Nookie Bear
On 08/07/2021 at 13:39, Tommy Brown said:

Uefa charge England for booing Danish national anthem and for fuds using laser pens.

Why do fans do either of these?

Ned behaviour.

Booing a national anthem at the football brothers you THAT much?

Bit…soft, aren’t you?

Tommy Brown
20 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Booing a national anthem at the football brothers you THAT much?

Bit…soft, aren’t you?

Must be brother.

Find it pathetic, Hampden support have history of this.

The fact Uefa have brought a charge for it, prooves I'm not alone in wanting it the stop.

HartleyLegend3
2 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

My thinking is that's how they will try to combat England's attacking players. 

No Idle Talk
22 minutes ago, HartleyLegend3 said:

Traditionally that would probably be the case. Not this Italy team though. It's not Mancini's style to play that way. I think this is the most attacking Italy team I can remember.

Edited by No Idle Talk

11 hours ago, Skivingatwork said:

Really hope they get cheated out of it so I can hear the commentators say they don’t care. After all they’ve never mentioned Maradonna’s handball since 1986 have they? 

would be my ideal scenario as well. Unfortunately with VAR we will never get another Maradona moment.  I’ll settle for a dive and for England to lose to a cheat just like they did to Denmark

10 hours ago, HartleyLegend3 said:

I don’t think they have it in them to defend like squads in the past. They aren’t set up now to do this. 3 years unbeaten is some achievement yet it’s overlooked by the English as their expectation gets bigger every day

HartleyLegend3
1 hour ago, 1971fozzy said:

I don’t think they have it in them to defend like squads in the past. They aren’t set up now to do this. 3 years unbeaten is some achievement yet it’s overlooked by the English as their expectation gets bigger every day

It's England's trophy now.. 

Southgate is calling on England's wartime spirit.. 

Why don't us jocks want them to win? 🤔

dobmisterdobster

People are complaining about England playing most of their games at home.

I don't see them complaining about France who got to the final playing all their games at home in 2016.

9 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

I don't see them complaining about France who got to the final playing all their games at home in 2016.

France travelled all over the country , England not so. 

England had the advantage of large crowds of home fans which most other nations this year did not. 

Not a complaint. 

3 minutes ago, Morgan said:

What absolute nonsense.

Clearly written as a satirical piece in response to all the other pieces about England’s goals in the final. I think the bit about games at Wembley being stopped every 15 minutes for greyhound races was the first clue. 

dobmisterdobster
1 hour ago, NANOJAMBO said:

France travelled all over the country , England not so. 

England had the advantage of large crowds of home fans which most other nations this year did not. 

Not a complaint. 

Perfect storm because of Covid. It wasn't planned.

4 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

Perfect storm because of Covid. It wasn't planned.

Whether it was planned or not is irrelevant. 

It's a really tough game to call as both teams are facing a very different challenge to anything they've faced in the tournament so far. With the possible exception of Scotland, England haven't played a team who were able to enjoy much possession and get in behind the England defence. Basically they haven't played a top quality side yet. Italy on the other hand have not faced a team that are as hard to break down as England but with the quality to create a goal from very little. 

As an Italy fan I desperately hope the Azzurri do it but I think England go into this as favourites. Their brand of football is pretty dull but effective nonetheless. 

27 minutes ago, stirlo said:

It's a really tough game to call as both teams are facing a very different challenge to anything they've faced in the tournament so far. With the possible exception of Scotland, England haven't played a team who were able to enjoy much possession and get in behind the England defence. Basically they haven't played a top quality side yet. Italy on the other hand have not faced a team that are as hard to break down as England but with the quality to create a goal from very little. 

As an Italy fan I desperately hope the Azzurri do it but I think England go into this as favourites. Their brand of football is pretty dull but effective nonetheless. 

If Italy had had Harry Kane it would be game over.

3 minutes ago, Angel eyes said:

If Italy had had Harry Kane it would be game over.

Agree. Immobile isn't as good a diver as Kane. 

If you like seeing the Red Arrows, this is their route/times from Bournemouth to Wembley to Lincolnshire tomorrow evening:

1. Bournemouth Aerodrome - 7.27pm 
2. North of Verwood - 7.29pm 
3. West of Tisbury - 7.31pm 
4. East of Devizes - 7.34pm 
5. North of Andover - 7.37pm 
6. West of Newbury - 7.39pm 
7. West of Reading - 7.41pm 
8.West of Henley-on-Thames - 7.42pm 
9. North of Maidenhead - 7.44pm 
10.North of Slough - 7.46pm 
11. Wembley Flypast - 7.48pm
12. East of Willesden - 7.49pm 
13. North East of Hertford - 7.52pm 
14. West of Huntingdon - 7.57pm 
15. North West of Stamford - 8.01pm 
16. South East of Melton Mowbray - 8.03pm 
17. West of North Hykeham - 8.08pm 
18. RAF Scampton AD - 8.10pm

Maroon Sailor
1 hour ago, Angel eyes said:

7-FEC2799-874-D-4-E5-C-A218-E09-AFDCD39-

956-FC901-5016-4330-81-B1-9-A7-FA5-F1-B1
free ticket was it love………

And that's International football in a nutshell. Silly cow probably hasn't been to a football match in her life before this

That roaster Jack Whitehall saying they need to play Italy at their own game and dive and roll about 🤣🤣🤣🤣 

England may, of course, win the game.

It’s like a lottery.

🤷🏿‍♂️

10 minutes ago, Morgan said:

It’s probably (maybe) not ‘coming home’.

Imagine if it did, though.  🤯

what’s coming home ? Nowt has been home in the first place. I really don’t know what the hell they are going on about. Bizarre

1 minute ago, 1971fozzy said:

what’s coming home ? Nowt has been home in the first place. I really don’t know what the hell they are going on about. Bizarre

I think they think that football was ‘invented’ in England, hence the reference.

7 minutes ago, Morgan said:

I think they think that football was ‘invented’ in England, hence the reference.

Yeah, debatable though. The Chinese and of course us have claims to that. 

dobmisterdobster
1 hour ago, 1971fozzy said:

Yeah, debatable though. The Chinese and of course us have claims to that. 

Association football was invented in the UK. People have been playing ball games for thousands of years and there are different codes of football in different countries.

Fitzroy Pointon

Italy to get a fairly early goal. England to go full throttle in search of an equaliser, with the Italian old guard standing strong at the back. Italy to pick them off late on and wrap it up. 

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 0 v 2 🇮🇹 Italy

manaliveits105
1 hour ago, manaliveits105 said:

Who is the ref tonight 

crucial it’s a strong ref to combat the English divers 

It’s Bjorn Kuipers from Holland would have preferred a Geeerman or Scandi 

hairysackofbaws
22 hours ago, dobmisterdobster said:

The entire tournament was held in france in 2016. This was supposed to be a pan european tournament held over a variety of nations. It's not England 2020/2021. 

What are all you Bet365 punters doing with your free £10 for this one?

I’ve squandered the last few free ones by getting too greedy.

I’m thinking maybe 1-1 after 90.....