Pyramid Leagues Superthread

Footballfirst

Niemi’s gloves
1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

Scottish Cup scores  (a few "giant killers" and Hearts loanees scoring)

Alloa Athletic 5-0 Bonnyrigg Rose Athletic  (Euan Henderson hat trick)
Arbroath 3-0 Forfar Athletic
Auchinleck Talbot 1-0 Hamilton Academical
Ayr United 2-1 Albion Rovers
Banks O’Dee 2-1 East Fife
Civil Service Strollers 0-3 Peterhead
Clydebank 2-0 Clyde
Cove Rangers 2-2 Queen of the South
Dalbeattie Star 1-2 East Kilbride
Dumbarton 3-1 Sauchie Juniors (Ryan Schiavone goal)
Falkirk 1-2 Raith Rovers
Gala Fairydean Rovers 0-1 Annan Athletic
Inverness Caledonian Thistle 1-1 Greenock Morton
Kelty Hearts 0-0 Montrose
Lothian Thistle Hutchison Vale 1-2 Edinburgh City
Queen's Park 0-1 Kilmarnock
Stenhousemuir 0-2 Airdrieonians (Scot McGill goal)
Stirling Albion 4-0 Tranent Juniors

As far as I can see, all the Hearts loanees either played from the start or in a couple of cases were unused subs. On from the start were Henderson (Alloa), Chris Hamilton (Arbroath), Popescu (Hamilton) Schiavone (Dumbarton), Spratt, Docherty and Darge (Gala) and C Smith(QP) and S McGill (Airdrie) while Stone (last night for Partick)and Watson (Stirling) were unused subs.  No sign of Hearts asking that players be left out of cup games

Edited by Niemi’s gloves

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Footballfirst

• Mikey1874

• RobboM

• Locky

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Maroon Sailor

First visit to Newtown Park

Bo'ness United 0-1 Vale of Leithen

Grim match but first win of the season for Vale

Complete new team for Vale by the looks of it. Certainly no comparison to the one I seen lose 13-0 to Bonnyrigg

Edited by Maroon Sailor

Niemi’s gloves
11 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

First visit to Newtown Park

Bo'ness United 0-1 Vale of Leithen

Grim match but first win of the season for Vale

Complete new team for Vale by the looks of it. Certainly no comparison to the one I seen lose 13-0 to Bonnyrigg

The young lad that scored Vale’s winner -Mark Deya - appears to have been with us at U-15 level a couple of seasons back. I think he only signed for Vale a few weeks ago. Not sure where he’s been in the meantime.

Footballfirst
2 hours ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

The young lad that scored Vale’s winner -Mark Deya - appears to have been with us at U-15 level a couple of seasons back. I think he only signed for Vale a few weeks ago. Not sure where he’s been in the meantime.

Yes, I think Mark was only released in the summer. He was one of the kids at Balerno. He will be 18 next month.

Edited by Footballfirst

Footballfirst

With Bonnyrigg grinding out another 1-0 win away to Stirling Uni and East Kilbride beating Rangers B 2-1, it looks like the title is there for the Rose's taking, with no dispute about who should be in the play-offs.

• 2 weeks later...
Footballfirst

The 4th Round draw for the South Challenge Cup was made this evening.  Some good ties in prospect. Games will be played on the first weekend in February.

Sauchie v Troon
Spartans v Syngenta
Univ of Stirling v Hurlford
Beith v Bo'ness United
Linlithgow Rose v Blantyre Vics
Civil Service Strollers v Jeanfield Swifts
Renfrew v Bo'ness Athletic
Cumbernauld United v Pertershill
Arthurlie v Bonnyrigg Rose
Caledonian Braves v Drumchapel United
Vale of Leven v Thorniewood United
Clydebank v Pollok
Maybole v Darvel or Cambuslang Rangers
Dundonald Bluebell v Tranent
Irvine Meadow v Auchinleck Talbot
Cumbernauld Colts v East Kilbride

2 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

The 4th Round draw for the South Challenge Cup was made this evening.  Some good ties in prospect. Games will be played on the first weekend in February.

Sauchie v Troon
Spartans v Syngenta
Univ of Stirling v Hurlford
Beith v Bo'ness United
Linlithgow Rose v Blantyre Vics
Civil Service Strollers v Jeanfield Swifts
Renfrew v Bo'ness Athletic
Cumbernauld United v Pertershill
Arthurlie v Bonnyrigg Rose
Caledonian Braves v Drumchapel United
Vale of Leven v Thorniewood United
Clydebank v Pollok
Maybole v Darvel or Cambuslang Rangers
Dundonald Bluebell v Tranent
Irvine Meadow v Auchinleck Talbot
Cumbernauld Colts v East Kilbride

I am going for Clydebank to win the Cup

Footballfirst
6 minutes ago, A.JAMBO said:

I am going for Clydebank to win the Cup

It will be a tight game against Pollok, 3rd v 1st in the WOSFL.

Irvine Meadow v Auchinleck is a repeat of the 1st Round draw in the big Scottish Cup.

Edited by Footballfirst

3 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

It will be a tight game against Pollok, 3rd v 1st in the WOSFL.

Irvine Meadow v Auchinleck is a repeat of the 1st Round draw in the big Scottish Cup.

Just a gut feeling, there are several cracking outfits in that draw

Darvel being one to watch

Edited by A.JAMBO

I took in the Musselburgh vs Linlithgow Rose game on Saturday afternoon - it was 4th vs 3rd in the table so was expecting a close game. Rose won 6-0! 

Ex Heart youngster Daniel Baur was playing CH for Rose but was subbed at HT, assume it was a slight niggle as they were 3-0 so he was hardly struggling. 

Penicuik and Tranent looked to be running away with top 2 after about 12 games but Rose have caught up and I think Saturday was their 14th consecutive win! 

10 hours ago, A.JAMBO said:

Just a gut feeling, there are several cracking outfits in that draw

Darvel being one to watch

Darvel must have cash, team packed with ex pros. 

21 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Darvel must have cash, team packed with ex pros. 

Darvel are backed by the guy who has Brownings Bakers I think, they have a big budget and have also spent a lot of money on things like the pitch and changing rooms.

Tough to get promoted though with teams like Auchinleck and Pollok being so strong, it’s a pity a max of one team can get promoted from the West into the Lowland as some of the teams in the West being promoted will make it a really strong competition.

Footballfirst
10 hours ago, skinnybob72 said:

I took in the Musselburgh vs Linlithgow Rose game on Saturday afternoon - it was 4th vs 3rd in the table so was expecting a close game. Rose won 6-0! 

Ex Heart youngster Daniel Baur was playing CH for Rose but was subbed at HT, assume it was a slight niggle as they were 3-0 so he was hardly struggling. 

Penicuik and Tranent looked to be running away with top 2 after about 12 games but Rose have caught up and I think Saturday was their 14th consecutive win! 

I was also at the Musselburgh v Linlithgow Rose game. Linlithgow are much improved from the start of the season, while Musselburgh had one of their off days. A friend of mine who watches Musselburgh regularly said that it was their worst performance of the season.  I think that Baur was subbed because he had first been spoken to by the ref about dissent, then shown a yellow card for dissent just after the 3rd goal went in.

Penicuik have a game tonight at home to Newtongrange, while Musselburgh is at home to Tranent on Wednesday evening.

If the weather is fine I may go along to both games.

5 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

I was also at the Musselburgh v Linlithgow Rose game. Linlithgow are much improved from the start of the season, while Musselburgh had one of their off days. A friend of mine who watches Musselburgh regularly said that it was their worst performance of the season.  I think that Baur was subbed because he had first been spoken to by the ref about dissent, then shown a yellow card for dissent just after the 3rd goal went in.

Penicuik have a game tonight at home to Newtongrange, while Musselburgh is at home to Tranent on Wednesday evening.

If the weather is fine I may go along to both games.

I’m planning on going to both as well - my son will have his luminous yellow hat on, can’t miss him!!

Maroon Sailor

Bonnyrigg heading for max numbers for their match with Caledonian Braves on Boxing Day.

Not sure what their average gate is though

Footballfirst
2 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Bonnyrigg heading for max numbers for their match with Caledonian Braves on Boxing Day.

Not sure what their average gate is though

Their average gate is over 500, but I think they report STs plus walk ups regardless of who actually turns up.

They also allow kids under 12 to get in for free when with an adult so no count is taken of them. 

Maroon Sailor
18 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Their average gate is over 500, but I think they report STs plus walk ups regardless of who actually turns up.

They also allow kids under 12 to get in for free when with an adult so no count is taken of them. 

That's better crowds than some League 2 teams

There's a few games on between Boxing Day and New Year in the Lowland and EoS, so get along if you can for a fitba fix and support your local team.

Lowland

26/12 Bonnyrigg v Caledonian Braves  1.30

26/12 Berwick Rangers v Gala Fairydean 3.00

27/12 Bo'ness Utd v Gretna  3.00

28/12 Vale of Leithen v Rangers B  3.00

28/12 Edinburgh Uni v Spartans 7.45

28/12 Civil Service Strollers v East Stirlingshire 7.45

29/12 Cumbernauld Colts v East Kilbride 7.54

East of Scotland League

27/12 Oakley Utd v Newburgh 1.30

28/12 Stoneyburn v West Calder  1.30

29/12 Blackburn Utd v Camelon  7.30

29/12 Livingston Utd v Pumpherston (at Dunipace) 7.30

30/12 Broxburn Ath v Linlithgow Rose  7.30

30/12 Dunbar Utd v Whitehill Welfare  7.30

30/12 Dundonald Bluebell v Inverkeithing Swifts 7.30

30/12 Haddington Ath v Ormiston  7.30

30/12 St.Andrews Utd v Kennoway Star Hearts  7.30

30/12 Burtisland Shipyard v Glenrothes  7.30

11 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

That's better crowds than some League 2 teams

I looked it up and an average of 500 would be better than 7 of the league 2 clubs. 
The attendance announced the other night at Penicuik v Newtongrange was 293. 
That’s better than Stranraer’s average and only 1 behind Annan’s. 

Maroon Sailor
13 minutes ago, Jarhead said:

I looked it up and an average of 500 would be better than 7 of the league 2 clubs. 
The attendance announced the other night at Penicuik v Newtongrange was 293. 
That’s better than Stranraer’s average and only 1 behind Annan’s. 

Better than Edinburgh City v Forfar

League 2 charge £13 though about double that of the Lowland League. Makes me wonder if Bonnyrigg come in to the League if that would affect their crowds.

1 hour ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Better than Edinburgh City v Forfar

League 2 charge £13 though about double that of the Lowland League. Makes me wonder if Bonnyrigg come in to the League if that would affect their crowds.

Look at it another way, Edinburgh City were lucky to get 50 in the Lowland League.  Hardly had any support.

Maroon Sailor
1 hour ago, Chuck Berry said:

Look at it another way, Edinburgh City were lucky to get 50 in the Lowland League.  Hardly had any support.

I'm of the opinion Bonnyrigg will still get the crowds in League 2 despite the increase to watch them.

Footballfirst

Bonnyrigg's only league attendance that was below 500 was on the opening day against Celtic B when it was restricted to 250 due to Covid regulations.

Their highest attendance was against Rangers B at 942, but they have had 557 against VoL on a weekday evening and 668 v Gala FR is recent weeks.

21 hours ago, Chuck Berry said:

There's a few games on between Boxing Day and New Year in the Lowland and EoS, so get along if you can for a fitba fix and support your local team.

Lowland

26/12 Bonnyrigg v Caledonian Braves  1.30

26/12 Berwick Rangers v Gala Fairydean 3.00

27/12 Bo'ness Utd v Gretna  3.00

28/12 Vale of Leithen v Rangers B  3.00

28/12 Edinburgh Uni v Spartans 7.45

28/12 Civil Service Strollers v East Stirlingshire 7.45

29/12 Cumbernauld Colts v East Kilbride 7.54

East of Scotland League

27/12 Oakley Utd v Newburgh 1.30

28/12 Stoneyburn v West Calder  1.30

29/12 Blackburn Utd v Camelon  7.30

29/12 Livingston Utd v Pumpherston (at Dunipace) 7.30

30/12 Broxburn Ath v Linlithgow Rose  7.30

30/12 Dunbar Utd v Whitehill Welfare  7.30

30/12 Dundonald Bluebell v Inverkeithing Swifts 7.30

30/12 Haddington Ath v Ormiston  7.30

30/12 St.Andrews Utd v Kennoway Star Hearts  7.30

30/12 Burtisland Shipyard v Glenrothes  7.30

Wtf

Livi v Pumphy at Dunipace??

Footballfirst
1 hour ago, Tommy Brown said:

Wtf

Livi v Pumphy at Dunipace??

Evening game so under lights which Livi obviously don't have at Station Park.

3 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Evening game so under lights which Livi obviously don't have at Station Park.

Seems a bit of a trek, a lot more local parks was all I was thinking.

Footballfirst
3 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Seems a bit of a trek, a lot more local parks was all I was thinking.

I will try and take in a few games this week, starting with Bonnyrigg tomorrow.

Footballfirst

Bonnyrigg stretch their lead at the top after today's stoppage time winner over Caledonian Braves.

They were ultimately very fortunate to get the win after dominating much of the game, having a two or three cleared off the line, an "own goal" chalked off for offside (wtf!), 20 plus corners.

Braves could have stolen the points as they created a couple of chances on the break, late on, but perseverance paid off when McGachie finally got a clean header to a Currie corner in the 91st minute..

Rose's first choice XI is decent, but once they start using their fringe players the quality just isn't there.

8 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Bonnyrigg stretch their lead at the top after today's stoppage time winner over Caledonian Braves.

They were ultimately very fortunate to get the win after dominating much of the game, having a two or three cleared off the line, an "own goal" chalked off for offside (wtf!), 20 plus corners.

Braves could have stolen the points as they created a couple of chances on the break, late on, but perseverance paid off when McGachie finally got a clean header to a Currie corner in the 91st minute..

Rose's first choice XI is decent, but once they start using their fringe players the quality just isn't there.

BBC, with their finger on the pulse, had the result as game abandoned

image.thumb.png.6fa55fc6d4d25b460d475db463986133.png

Footballfirst
3 minutes ago, RobboM said:

BBC, with their finger on the pulse, had the result as game abandoned

image.thumb.png.6fa55fc6d4d25b460d475db463986133.png

Aaron Darge scored for Gala FR in today's defeat.

12 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I was at that game, Gala scored directly from a corner for the opener and scored again after more poor Berwick defending from another corner to go 2-0 up.

Berwick got one back before half time and then scored just after HT to make it 2-2. Gala keeper took down a Berwick player who was clean through and was yellow carded before Berwick scored the penalty to go 3-2 ahead. They scored a 4th with the aid of a deflection and that finished the scoring at 4-2.

Decent game in awful conditions as it was wet and windy most of the game. Tam Scobbie who played over 100 games for both Falkirk and St Johnstone was playing for Berwick. 

On 26/12/2021 at 17:49, Footballfirst said:

Aaron's brother is Rory Darge who has broken into Glasgow Warriors (and Scotland squad) team in last 12 months, is getting huge plaudits, numerous MoMs and credited as having perhaps the best training attitude within the Scottish Pro teams.

Shame Edinburgh couldn't accommodate and let him go west, but he was up against Hamish Watson.

Footballfirst

Not many games on due to covid, but one interesting one today is in the Highland League, where Brechin is hosting Fraserburgh, the league leaders.

Brechin 3-1 up at half time, but down to 10 men after ex Hearts trialist Maksym Kucheriavyi was sent off just before the break.

37 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Not many games on due to covid, but one interesting one today is in the Highland League, where Brechin is hosting Fraserburgh, the league leaders.

Brechin 3-1 up at half time, but down to 10 men after ex Hearts trialist Maksym Kucheriavyi was sent off just before the break.

One from the bottom of the Lowland League

Gretna 2-1 Dalbeattie Star

Big 3 points for Gretna. A win for Vale of Leithen a few weeks back had put them within touching distance of Gretna to avoid relegation at the bottom of the Lowland League, however unlikely that seemed. This win for Gretna surely puts them out of sight. If and when Vale of Leithen get relegated has a knock on effect for relegation lower down the pyramid too in the East of Scotland.

Footballfirst
2 minutes ago, j1964m said:

Full time Brechin 3 Fraserburgh 5

Pleased to see that result.

Brechin ended with 9 men and conceded two goals in stoppage time.

1 minute ago, Footballfirst said:

Pleased to see that result.

Brechin ended with 9 men and conceded two goals in stoppage time.

There doesn’t seem to be a stand out team in the Higland League, apart from Fort William. 😎

Footballfirst

I don't know who did the fixture scheduling in the EOS Premier League, but it could end up with a quite a climax.

Linlithgow Rose is the form side at the moment and has moved ahead of Tranent into 2nd place in past last week. (I watched them beat Broxburn on Thursday).   However, Penicuik is still a single point ahead, with a game in hand.

Linlithgow's last two games of the season are Tranent at home, then Penicuik away.  Lets hope that the title is still up for grabs by that stage.

Re the Broxburn v Linlithgow game, Daniel Baur was an unused sub for Linlithgow, but 16 year old Hearts youth Michael Beagley came on as a sub for Broxburn. I assume that Michael has been released by Hearts, as it is unlikely that he is there on loan given that he doesn't have a FT contract.   

Went to Stirling Uni v Edin Uni at Ainslie Park on NYD. 3rd time I’ve seen Stirling and 4th seeing Edin 

can see why Stirling have moved a few players into league sides down the last couple of seasons, play well and each time I’ve seen them has belied their league position, Edin we’re awful first half and 3-0 down but came back into it the second half (actually missed their 1st goal as the wee man wanted to play football on the training pitch next to the main one)

it’s absolutely crazy to think that Edin Uni haven’t had a win in years against Stirling (not sure of exact length) but the “home” team are rather proud. I live near Peffermill and have seen both games between the two this years and seen 13 goals (4-4 draw earlier this season) 

game played at Ainslie park due to floodlight issues at Forthbank where Stirling normally play 

On 04/01/2022 at 18:46, Mikey1874 said:

The weather is back

Only 3G I've known that freezes over so much. Used to train there a few seasons back and it was every other week for a month or 2.

John Findlay
19 hours ago, Locky said:

Only 3G I've known that freezes over so much. Used to train there a few seasons back and it was every other week for a month or 2.

It's not 3G anymore Spartans re- laid the stadium pitch 2 years ago. Re-laid the community pitch a year ago.

• davemclaren changed the title to Pyramid Leagues Superthread