ri Alban

• 4 weeks later...
Nucky Thompson
On 21/06/2021 at 06:11, ri Alban said:

giphy.gif?cid=82a1493btvpaxs5oz6106rn9nr

I thought I would get in a couple of hours early :smugger::robboyas::scenes:

The Real Maroonblood

Nothing will change for me.

Visiting my local as usual for a liquid lunch.

:lol:

🍺🍺🍺🍺

Nucky Thompson
3 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

🍺🍺🍺🍺

You'll get an extra 90 minutes in the Evening if you require it :thumbsup:

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Nucky Thompson said:

You'll get an extra 90 minutes in the Evening if you require it :thumbsup:

JudyJudyJudy
11 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

🍺🍺🍺🍺

Have a good one 👍👍

Looking forward to telling all the English punters that they still need to wear masks and do track and trace when they're up here. Get the felling that isn't going to go well. 

25 minutes ago, Norm said:

Looking forward to telling all the English punters that they still need to wear masks and do track and trace when they're up here. Get the felling that isn't going to go well. 

Why would anyone look forward to and get joy out of seeing people wear masks and do track and trace?

7 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Why would anyone look forward to and get joy out of seeing people wear masks and do track and trace?

I dunno. I kind of thought the "Get the feeling that isn't going to go well" implied sarcasm. Apologies if it wasn't clear enough. 

Edited by Norm

JudyJudyJudy
24 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

👍 correct and sadly Sturgeon mixing trouble yet again . She really can’t help herself 

AAB4295A-1F45-43BE-9A51-7FDF41019866.jpeg

Mars plastic

Think it's that time again for the BBC to wheel out some fattie who's been in hospital for 6 months due to, ahem, covid to pontificate to us all to wear masks and get vaccinated because look what's happened to them.

Maroon Sailor
38 minutes ago, Mars plastic said:

Think it's that time again for the BBC to wheel out some fattie who's been in hospital for 6 months due to, ahem, covid to pontificate to us all to wear masks and get vaccinated because look what's happened to them.

1 hour ago, Mars plastic said:

Did you  bother to read your own link and what the actual outcome of the Denmark study was ? 

Your link references the Denmark study  and says " A subsequent Danish study involving 6,000 people concluded that there was no statistical difference in infection spread in non-wearers". That is  a misleading statement and is not factually correct,. 

In fact - "That result didn’t pass a test for statistical significance,"

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20201119/how-much-does-wearing-a-mask-protect-you

There were a number of reasons for not accepting the Denmark study (for pro or anti mask) but of course the Telegraph doesn't say that because it's trying to bolster the notion of "freedom" today. As are you, clearly. 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
17 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Did you  bother to read your own link and what the actual outcome of the Denmark study was ? 

Your link references the Denmark study  and says " A subsequent Danish study involving 6,000 people concluded that there was no statistical difference in infection spread in non-wearers". That is  a misleading statement and is not factually correct,. 

In fact - "That result didn’t pass a test for statistical significance,"

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20201119/how-much-does-wearing-a-mask-protect-you

There were a number of reasons for not accepting the Denmark study (for pro or anti mask) but of course the Telegraph doesn't say that because it's trying to bolster the notion of "freedom" today. As are you, clearly. 

plenty conflicting opinions on mask wearing from very highly qualified scientists

suggests it’s not as straight-forward as yes they work or no they don’t work - or they do work a wee bit but associated factors reduce/remove their net benefit eg sub-consciously getting slightly closer to people to make yourself heard better

those claiming to have conclusive answers in such complex situations often best put to the bottom of the information pile

2 hours ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

plenty conflicting opinions on mask wearing from very highly qualified scientists

suggests it’s not as straight-forward as yes they work or no they don’t work - or they do work a wee bit but associated factors reduce/remove their net benefit eg sub-consciously getting slightly closer to people to make yourself heard better

those claiming to have conclusive answers in such complex situations often best put to the bottom of the information pile

Which is partly my point. In fact one review of the Denmark experiment asked a simple question : how could they possibly know that the mask wearing cohort in the study was even wearing their masks correctly ? And of course, they couldn't. It basically asked , why bother trying to measure any statistical relevance if you can't even be sure of that simple aspect of the study. 

My other point is that people are happy to put up anything that supports their particular stance on the matter  even when it's a source that's a less than enthusiastic govt critic at a highly problematical time for the govt.

"We've been waiting 2 years for this" yapped one young clubber on the news.  Must have been on an 8 month break from clubbing before lockdown.  

10 minutes ago, Victorian said:

"We've been waiting 2 years for this" yapped one young clubber on the news.  Must have been on an 8 month break from clubbing before lockdown.  

Or taken one too many pills.

A Boy Named Crow
6 hours ago, Cade said:

Back in lockdown by Xmas.

Nap.

6 hours ago, frankblack said:

As long as that? I'm going for September.

The question is, will they call the lockdown before or after the Boris Variant emerges? Governments around the world are raging at the UK for doing this, by way of example, the Malaysian government reckons Freedom Day could  well extend the pandemic by another year. 

Mars plastic
8 hours ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

The question is, will they call the lockdown before or after the Boris Variant emerges? Governments around the world are raging at the UK for doing this, by way of example, the Malaysian government reckons Freedom Day could  well extend the pandemic by another year. 

Well, if global big hitters Malaysia are saying it then it must be true. 

What fecking freedom day. The young are being coerced into taking the vaccine to enable them get into night clubs. It will get worse, passports to allow you into shops next. Just watch Sturgeon copy what the Tories 😡 are doing down here.

23 minutes ago, Marvin said:

What fecking freedom day. The young are being coerced into taking the vaccine to enable them get into night clubs. It will get worse, passports to allow you into shops next. Just watch Sturgeon copy what the Tories 😡 are doing down here.

At least we know that if she doesn't copy them then she'll only be making that decision to be different.

I P Knightley
16 hours ago, Cade said:

Back in lockdown by Xmas.

Nap.

I'm looking at it from an English perspective since I live here.

There will not be a return to lockdown. Johnson's made his bed with his wild, populist proclamations that the roadmap is irreversible. Whilst he's not afraid of a U-Turn, he only does them if it suits him personally and what suits him personally is to be 'loved' - regardless of whether it's those slap-head gammons that were attacking the police in parliament square yesterday. If he suggests a return to lockdown, those gammons will turn against him.

Not that he ever locked down in the first place. Had he done so, the country wouldn't be ravaged with the Johnson variant coming in from India. And even if he takes a bullet between the eyes in the next couple of weeks, the twats he has behind him (all with knives sharpened), Gove, Sunak, Javid etc. are equally inclined.

They're getting the "herd immunity" they wanted 18 months ago.

29 minutes ago, Marvin said:

No bad thing to be encouraged to take the vaccine but, 'kin hell, deciding that it's fine to go to nightclubs this week without any vaccines but it will be so important come September??? What's the vaccine doing for the next month and a bit?

A Boy Named Crow
1 hour ago, Mars plastic said:

Well, if global big hitters Malaysia are saying it then it must be true. 

Malaysia has done a better job of dealing with the virus than the UK, maybe having the humility to learn from the experience of others would serve the country well.